Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    It's important.

It's why I never rated Robbie Savage and Jimmy Bullard too. :)

If you can't see the marked improvement in Lucas then there's no point in talking about it.

If you can't see the fact that Lucas cut his hair short a year ago now, then that simply proves that you haven't been looking at the guy play at all.

_45798079_lucas_leiva_getty.jpg

But you are right.
    Who needs players with bad haircuts.
    They're obviously all sh1te.

fernando-torres.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Headshot wrote: »
    my word very defensive

i was merely asking

Italians dont usually move to other league's because of international duty

I'm not being defencive, just pointing out the facts.
    I'm not going to write him off or make a judgement on him before he even signs, based on where his parents had sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

aaronh007 wrote: »
    To be honest that seems a bit unfair.

What I see in him is talent. He hasn't been fully utilised in the position he played in for Gremio and as such he hasn't been able to show what he is capable of. His performances against Newcastle, Utd and Chelski last season were nothing short of brilliant.

And your attitude/opinion towards him doesn't exactly help. Confidence plays a huge part in football. It can mean the difference between a simple tap-in or a glaring miss.

Let's not forget he is still very young (22).

In conclusion, he plays for Liverpool. Whether or not you like or dislike him because of his hair or whatever, he wears red, so stop booing and support him like you do for the superstars Torres and Gerrard

He's hardly going to read my opinion (and yes it is a bit polemic), anyway my opinion is no different to the majority of people that go to games.

Next time you're at Anfield, listen for the collective groan that goes around the stadium when he comes on.

22 isn't young for a footballer these days, 17/18 is. At this stage if you haven't established yourself in the first XI of a top club you'll probably never manage it. I don't ever see Lucas being part of a starting XI at this club, and if Rafa did he probably wouldn't be chasing Aquilani right now.

I just don't see the talent you do in Lucas, you must be looking a lot harder than I am for it. He has been tried in DM, AM and bizarelly LM - it didn't seem to matter where he played because he simply doesn't cope well with the pace and power of the Premiership.

If you can't see the marked improvement in Lucas then there's no point in talking about it.

If you can't see the fact that Lucas cut his hair short a year ago now, then that simply proves that you haven't been looking at the guy play at all.

_45798079_lucas_leiva_getty.jpg

But you are right.
    Who needs players with bad haircuts.
    They're obviously all sh1te.

fernando-torres.jpg

I must remember to cut out any sort of humour in future posts.

It obviously doesn't come across well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Headshot wrote: »
    who was the last Italian player to make it in the PL ?

According to some of your lot, Macheda :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm not being defencive, just pointing out the facts.
    I'm not going to write him off or make a judgement on him before he even signs, based on where his parents had sex!

He might have been conceived after a drunken fumble in a caravan on Blackpool seafront for all you know.:pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

5starpool wrote: »
    According to some of your lot, Macheda :rolleyes:

i know he's good and all ;)

he did break pool hearts after all but at the age of 17 and only 2-3 games in the league i dont think he's best Italian in the PL ever not yet anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no, it was a good little rant...and it would have been entertaining if it was based in fact.

this season is lucas' key season at liverpool. honestly. even if aquilani does come in, lucas should see himself as fighting for that place beside masch, and therefore if there was ever a time for him to step up it's now.

there has been a marked improvement in the last year in lucas' performances, most definitely. there is no reason to suggest that improvement won't keep going.

i'm convinced people moan about him as a force of habit. some players just seem to get abuse. i don't know if it's the way they look or what. dirk gets the same, even though he's proved himself at this stage.

it's ludicrous to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,129 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If you think Lucas is any good you're more likely to be out of your mind in fairness.

He's weak, slow, passes it 97% of the time sideways, doesn't score, doesn't create, has big clown feet and **** hair.

What do you see in him ?
    obviously not been watching pre season then. He's made a very obvious switch to looking forward every single chance he gets. Why would you moan about a guy who's trying to improve, and coming along quite successfully?

Also weak? Have you not seen the guy in 7months or something? he's bulked up massively!

And on your xabi post, how in the name of god did Rafa actively try to sell him?! An unrequested unsolicited offer came in, Rafa said it wasn't enough, a bigger offer didn't come in, he stayed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I was just thinking that reading replies to your orginal post why are people taking the hair joke and actually using as if your being serious.

Some people on here will defend lucas like their life depended on it. From what I think of him hes nowhere near good enough for Liverpool. Gives away the ball, gives away fouls, never scores and as you mentioned passes the ball sideways. For a player in his postition he simply isnt an intelligent enough footballer.

I hope to god im made eat humble pie this season as we are really going to need the likes of him and Babel to step up their game.

And as for Lucas' so called improvement...I need to see alot more of it.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    no, it was a good little rant...and it would have been entertaining if it was based in fact.

this season is lucas' key season at liverpool. honestly. even if aquilani does come in, lucas should see himself as fighting for that place beside masch, and therefore if there was ever a time for him to step up it's now.

there has been a marked improvement in the last year in lucas' performances in the last year, most definitely. there is no reason to suggest that improvement won't keep going.

i'm convinced people moan about as a force of habit. some players just seem to get abuse. i don't know if it's the way they look or what. dirk gets the same, even though he's proved himself at this stage.

it's ludicrous to be honest.

Only idiots criticise Deadly Dirk though, he ain't great but there was only one winger that was more productive in the league than him last season.

You can convince yourself that Lucas is improving by all means, but if he is it's not at a rate that would be enough to become a decent Premiership midfielder by the time he's 30.

Out of interest what do you think Lucas is doing better recently ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    obviously not been watching pre season then. He's made a very obvious switch to looking forward every single chance he gets. Why would you moan about a guy who's trying to improve, and coming along quite successfully?

Also weak? Have you not seen the guy in 7months or something? he's bulked up massively!

And on your xabi post, how in the name of god did Rafa actively try to sell him?! An unrequested unsolicited offer came in, Rafa said it wasn't enough, a bigger offer didn't come in, he stayed...

Id just like to point out that last pre season Darrent Bent scored 7 goals....

joe123 wrote: »
    I was just thinking that reading replies to your orginal post why are people taking the hair joke and actually using as if your being serious.

Some people on here will defend lucas like their life depended on it. From what I think of him hes nowhere near good enough for Liverpool. Gives away the ball, gives away fouls, never scores and as you mentioned passes the ball sideways. For a player in his postition he simply isnt an intelligent enough footballer.

I hope to god im made eat humble pie this season as we are really going to need the likes of him and Babel to step up their game.

I'd gladly share that humble pie with you, but I fear it will remain untouched this time next summer.

Id just like to point out that last pre season Darrent Bent scored 7 goals....

Scoring goals is one thing, being the best passer on the team and the most involved in everything done is quite another.

Also, im by no means suggesting the finished article, far from it, simply that he is turning his game around to pass forward and look for openings which is something he hadn't been doing, instead being content to pass sideways or back.

Just the change in inclination to shift his style of play bodes well for the future. If he manages it successfully in the league is another thing, but at least now he's looking to try it which is nothing but progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

over the last year he's got stronger on the ball, he's more willing to put his foot in, and he's cut out a lot of stupid mistakes with his passing.

ideally, there are still too many sideways passes and not enough penetration, but by all accounts he's a solid, and improving squad player.

as i've already said, this is an important season for him. for me, he needs to show more; especially if and when alonso leaves. if there's ever a time to step up, it's now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If this Aquilani fella is as attacking as the u-tube videos show it might be just what we need.

Use Lucas in the big games, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and have Aquilani when playing the smaller teams.

I've said before that when we are playing 11 behind the ball teams; having two DM's can be a bit of a downfall on our part.

Midfield set up would be:

Big Teams

Lucas
    Masch

Kyut
    Gerrard
    Riera

Torres

11 Behind the ball Teams

Masch

Aquilani

Kyut
    Gerrard
    Riera

Torres

I know Gerrard looks a lot deeper in the second formation but obviously he would be pushing forward and Aquilani filling the space left behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What would be the point in listing how well Lucas has been doing when you have already slated him and written him off. As i said in an earlier post when you ask someone why they think Lucas is ''****e'' they come out with some of the drivel you have done, you obviously haven`t seen him play i quite some time. He`s not as good a player as Xabi, he`s not scoring goals like gerard, that doesn`t mean he`s ****e, he does a job and is improving. If you'd watch Liverpool play you`d know that.

I replied to a post earlier when someone said if Lucas starts we wont win the League. That sums up a lot of people who slate Lucas. Slate him off before the season starts and blame him for failure next season, before a minute of premier league football is played.

Pathetic.

What would be the point in listing how well Lucas has been doing when you have already slated him and written him off. As i said in an earlier post when you ask someone why they think Lucas is ''****e'' they come out with some of the drivel you have done, you obviously haven`t seen him play i quite some time. He`s not as good a player as Xabi, he`s not scoring goals like gerard, that doesn`t mean he`s ****e, he does a job and is improving. If you'd watch Liverpool play you`d know that.

I replied to a post earlier when someone said if Lucas starts we wont win the League. That sums up a lot of people who slate Lucas. Slate him off before the season starts and blame him for failure next season, before a minute of premier league football is played.

Pathetic.

You might not like it but essentially they are right though, we won't win the league with Lucas in the team regularly. Nobody is blaming him, it's Benitez's fault, he signed him, he plays him continually - just like he did with some other poor players.

What job does Lucas do in our team ?

When was the last time you`ve seen him play?

The hair thing is important because a poster was saying Lucas is this that and has bad hair, pointing out the fact that he had long hair etc etc despite the fact he cut his hair short quite some time ago, indicating that the poster did`nt see Lucas play in quite some time and as i said earlier Lucas has been greatly improved in the final quarter of Liverpools League campaign last season and in preseason., when he had short hair....do you get it now?

• Advertisement

You might not like it but essentially they are right though, we won't win the league with Lucas in the team regularly. Nobody is blaming him, it's Benitez's fault, he signed him, he plays him continually - just like he did with some other poor players.

What job does Lucas do in our team ?

I`m not getting into this with you, anything i`d say you`d just dismiss it and say he`s ****e. If you want to know how well he plays and what job he does watch him play, especially in some of the big games he played last season, against ManU should spring to mind immediatly.

''If Lucas is a dead cert starter for Liverpool next season the league is gone'' was the post i replied to (not by you, some other poster). That is blaming him. And you think thats right? Rafa plays him for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Im very pro-Rafa and I'm not a Lucas-basher.

But I would agree with the statement: 'We won't win the League if Lucas plays regularly.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Why do fans seem to knock back their own teams players??

As far back as I can remember as a Liverpool fan we were the fans that very much bucked that trend and no matter who was playing we would get behind them.

As a player, Lucas does hardly anything wrong to warrant being booed and dismissed like he has. He gave away a few stupid fouls but who hasn't? Carragher gave away a penalty in the last minute against West Ham to lose us 2 points last season but you're not berating him.

He passes the ball sideways and backwards. Big deal. Keeping possession is quite important in football if I can remember. There's no point in trying to play it forward if you're not likely to find a team mate, the opposition get it and you expend more energy trying to win it back.

Morzadec wrote: »

But I would agree with the statement: 'We won't win the League if Lucas plays regularly.'

that statement absolutely has to be qualified with "unless he improves a lot".

Morzadec wrote: »

Judge Lucas and next season on next seasons results. You cant write Lucas off before a ball is kick and be fair about it. I remember a few players being written off before the start of last year and they produced there best seasons football. Next year if we dont win the league and its all down to Lucas playing regularly i`ll gladly eat my words...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    that statement absolutely has to be qualified with "unless he improves a lot".

True true.

What I mean is that I think Alonso needs to be replaced (by a top quality starter, not a youngster/backup). As I said I'm not a Lucas-hater but I wouldn't be comfotable with the idea of him starting regularly in our centre midfield next year.

On the PL thread I said it was very very tough to predict the winners next year and that it is extremely close between ourselves, United and Chelsea. My prediction was 1.Chelsea, 2. Liverpool, 3.United, but I said I would reasses my opinion if Xabi left (based on the replacemnt).

If Xabi does go and Lucas is his replacement (with Plessis or Spearing stepping up as back up), then my expectations for next year would lower significantly. I don't see enough in Lucas to suggest he can play at the same level as Alonso. I'm not saying he's a bad player and he obviously could improve, but I really struggle to see how he could ever become world class (which is what Xabi is IMO).

But this isn't really a debate worth having because I would assume that Rafa will use the money from Xabi to replace him if the transfer goes through. Have to say I like the look of Aquilani, but it's very hard to know if he will be a success in the PL.

Still clinging onto the slim hope tht Xabi will stay, but looks unlikely

• Advertisement

I`m not getting into this with you, anything i`d say you`d just dismiss it and say he`s ****e. If you want to know how well he plays and what job he does watch him play, especially in some of the big games he played last season, against ManU should spring to mind immediatly.

''If Lucas is a dead cert starter for Liverpool next season the league is gone'' was the post i replied to (not by you, some other poster). That is blaming him. And you think thats right? Rafa plays him for a reason.

I agree with the person who says if Lucas is a starter next season we're in trouble.

The last time I saw him play was at the end of last season (West Brom ?), I was at Anfield for the Newcastle game the week before that when Anfield groaned at the sight of Lucas coming on for Alonso - after Barton tried to cut Alonso in half.

I haven't seen any of the preseason games because they aren't worth looking at.

Why can't you tell me what the job is that Lucas does for us ? Is it because more often than not he is a passenger when we play ? He doesn't contribute in any meaningful way to this team and I don't think he ever will, we need a lot better than this lad. If we had a decent offer for him I'm sure we'd sell him.

"Rafa plays him for a reason" - That presupposes that Rafa has flawless judgment when it comes to players. In fact he has played and signed some truly awful players in his time at Anfield. (Sh)Itandje,Josemi, Palletta, Kromkamp, Degen, Pellegrino, Dossena, Lucas, Plessis, Pennant, Nunez, Zenden, Gonzalez and Voronin to name a few.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Why do fans seem to knock back their own teams players??

As far back as I can remember as a Liverpool fan we were the fans that very much bucked that trend and no matter who was playing we would get behind them.

As a player, Lucas does hardly anything wrong to warrant being booed and dismissed like he has. He gave away a few stupid fouls but who hasn't? Carragher gave away a penalty in the last minute against West Ham to lose us 2 points last season but you're not berating him.

He passes the ball sideways and backwards. Big deal. Keeping possession is quite important in football if I can remember. There's no point in trying to play it forward if you're not likely to find a team mate, the opposition get it and you expend more energy trying to win it back.

And do you not think there's a reason why I (we?) don't berate Carragher for making mistakes like that ? Maybe a long history of being excellent for the club no matter where we played him, being a big part of the reason why we've won torphies in the past decade etc etc

What has Lucas ever done to deserve the same treatment as Carragher ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think the people who are giving out about Lucas aren't writing him off. They are the same as the Untied fans who rate Anderson, but are not hugely happy that he might be first choice next season based on his current form. Now he, and Lucas, could improve, which would be great. But they'll need to improve if they want to stake their claim as worthy first choices, as right now, they aren't as good as we'd like them to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahhh Lucas the scapegoat.

Seems every season we Liverpool fans need a player to blame everything on, and to magnify any error he makes.

We have had many such scapegoats in the last ten years, moreso than any other decade in my time supporting the club.

Now while the scapegoats of the last decade may have differed in terms of some being unlucky, some being vile a la Diouf, some being able to keep small hospitals busy with their injuries, some being overrated, some being underrated. But one thing they all had in common, and Lucas is no different in this respect, is that very few players can divide opinion like a scapegoat.

The anti scapegoat brigade will accuse the scapegoat of lacking skill, intelligence, fitness, strength, morals, and generally paint him as a waste of skin. The pro scapegoat brigade will sing his praises from rooftops, and hint that he is destined for greatness.

Now as for ol' Lucas, in my eyes he is no replacement for Xabi, not even close. But not many are, so that is no knock on Lucas. But I do not see Lucas as being good enough for LFC, at least as a first team regular, and one big part of that comment is that he tends to get played quite deep when he gets a competitive game, and before moving to the UK that simply was a role that he did not find himself in.

As for his ability and the improvements some speak of. I do think the lad has improved, and he does seem more settled now. But unless he gets to play in a more advanced role, then I think he will never be more than a squad player standard. Now I am not saying play him where Gerrard plays, nothing of the sort. But just to play him as the more advanced of the two central midfielders in a competive game.

If I remember right, he also got shunted to the left and right wings a few times last season and looked awful which again goes back to playing him in a role that he is not adept at.

I think that this will be a make or break season for him, and although I have some reservations on how good he can actually become, I do hope he comes good as he seems to work hard and christ knows it cannot be a nice feeling to be booed by the supporters of the team you play for. Bitching about a player should be kept to the pubs after a game or online. Being booed for being picked to come on must really set a young player on edge, knowing that his every move will be over analysed, rather than hearing a roar to gee him on if he makes a mistake.

So Lucas, is he good enough? Maybe he is, maybe he will prove not to be. But anytime I am at a game I sure as hell will do my tiny bit for him by giving him a clap or a roar, and will save my criticism, if any, for when the game is over and I am sitting in a pub mulling over the game.

And do you not think there's a reason why I (we?) don't berate Carragher for making mistakes like that ? Maybe a long history of being excellent for the club no matter where we played him, being a big part of the reason why we've won torphies in the past decade etc etc

What has Lucas ever done to deserve the same treatment as Carragher ?

Seems I remember Carragher getting slated for a number of seasons when he was younger. He was not good enough, not smart enough, and was regarded by many as being of midtable standard.

Maybe if Houllier had listened to the groans about Carragher from the terraces, and there were groans, then we would not have had the centreback he turned out to be.

You are pretty much saying that Carragher would not be berated for mistakes. Well why not? Any player can be berated for a costly mistake, any player.

Now while I do not think Lucas will turn out as good as Carragher did, I still do not see the point in berating the lad before he has kicked a ball in a competitive game this season.

Lucas should be judged on his games this season, just as Carragher and any other player should be. Who knows, fate can be a funny thing and in six years time we might be having an arguement about how Lucas deserves not to be berated because of all he has done in that time and the newest young kid will be getting slated in his stead.

• Advertisement

I agree with the person who says if Lucas is a starter next season we're in trouble.

The last time I saw him play was at the end of last season (West Brom ?), I was at Anfield for the Newcastle game the week before that when Anfield groaned at the sight of Lucas coming on for Alonso - after Barton tried to cut Alonso in half.

I haven't seen any of the preseason games because they aren't worth looking at.

Why can't you tell me what the job is that Lucas does for us ? Is it because more often than not he is a passenger when we play ? He doesn't contribute in any meaningful way to this team and I don't think he ever will, we need a lot better than this lad. If we had a decent offer for him I'm sure we'd sell him.

"Rafa plays him for a reason" - That presupposes that Rafa has flawless judgment when it comes to players. In fact he has played and signed some truly awful players in his time at Anfield. (Sh)Itandje,Josemi, Palletta, Kromkamp, Degen, Pellegrino, Dossena, Lucas, Plessis, Pennant, Nunez, Zenden, Gonzalez and Voronin to name a few.

As i already said, what is the point in detailing everything a player does when you`ve already made up your mind. I already stated that you cant judge a players performance for the coming season before a ball is played. Your entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is
    Lucas is decent young player who is constantly improving, will do a good job when needed, just needs to be more consistant, and play more regularly. Sure, he`s not as good as Alonso but Alonso is World Class at 27, not many players are, Lucas is 22 learning his trade, comparing him to Alonso is unfair. He played well last season, we drew vital games when teams put 11 men behind the ball. Thats how we lost the league last year, not down to Alonso/Masch/Lucas and i believe this year will be the same. We need more attacking options. Lucas will do well this year. I wont write off any player before the season starts. They wear Red. You should get behind your team.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Seems I remember Carragher getting slated for a number of seasons when he was younger. He was not good enough, not smart enough, and was regarded by many as being of midtable standard.

Maybe if Houllier had listened to the groans about Carragher from the terraces, and there were groans, then we would not have had the centreback he turned out to be.

You are pretty much saying that Carragher would not be berated for mistakes. Well why not? Any player can be berated for a costly mistake, any player.

Now while I do not think Lucas will turn out as good as Carragher did, I still do not see the point in berating the lad before he has kicked a ball in a competitive game this season.

Lucas should be judged on his games this season, just as Carragher and any other player should be. Who knows, fate can be a funny thing and in six years time we might be having an arguement about how Lucas deserves not to be berated because of all he has done in that time and the newest young kid will be getting slated in his stead.

I'm not berating Lucas, I've asked a couple of people what do they see in him and they've (unsurprisingly) been unable to give a straight answer.

If Lucas is still at the club in six years time we can have that discussion. I don't see him having a long career at LFC though.

I'm not berating Lucas

Ha :D

I'm not berating Lucas, I've asked a couple of people what do they see in him and they've (unsurprisingly) been unable to give a straight answer.

If Lucas is still at the club in six years time we can have that discussion. I don't see him having a long career at LFC though.

No but you said that Carragher earned a position of not being berated for his mistakes, and I made a direct comparison to how Carragher was berated as a younger player and how Lucas is berated now.

If many had their way, and I can remember the long threads on Craptalk and RAWK in particular, then Carragher would have been given the old heave ho as the armchair experts had decided he was simply never going to be good enough for LFC.

Now as I said already I do not think Lucas will prove good enough, but history has shown that players that have been regarded as not good enough can prove a lot of people wrong by actually being a hell of a lot more than just good enough when they mature into a role.

if xabi leaves someone else will come into midfield. with that in mind, lucas is a great player to have. excellent backup with plenty of scope to improve. i would be astonished if lucas is 1st choice. lets not berate him for not being first choice till that's the situation he's in.

Kess73 wrote: »
    No but you said that Carragher earned a position of not being berated for his mistakes, and I made a direct comparison to how Carragher was berated as a younger player and how Lucas is berated now.

If many had their way, and I can remember the long threads on Craptalk and RAWK in particular, then Carragher would have been given the old heave ho as the armchair experts had decided he was simply never going to be good enough for LFC.

Now as I said already I do not think Lucas will prove good enough, but history has shown that players that have been regarded as not good enough can prove a lot of people wrong by actually being a hell of a lot more than just good enough when they mature into a role.

I remember those threads too (mainly from Kraptalk I must shamefully admit).

I see your point, but there's not a hope in hell Lucas will ever end up with a similar status at the club as Carragher.

Some people don't know a good thing when they see it

I remember those threads too (mainly from Kraptalk I must shamefully admit).

I see your point, but there's not a hope in hell Lucas will ever end up with a similar status at the club as Carragher*.

Some people don't know a good thing when they see it

*Unless he improves (as i think he is and will)

*Unless he improves (as i think he is and will)

Are you trying to tell me that you think Lucas can become a Liverpool Legend ?

Really ?

What about N'Gog ?

Plessis ?

Voronin ?

Really ?

What about N'Gog ?

Plessis ?

Voronin ?

Voronin is already a Liverpool loegend thanks to his "sexy chest" comments from last season. Theres nothing more he could possibly do to become a bigger legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

With the right progress and development, why not?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    With the right progress and development, why not?

The development and progress would have to be at a rate that has never been seen before.

The development and progress would have to be at a rate that has never been seen before.

I take it you didn't see Liverpool's last 6/7 games, 'cos that's exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Jesus Christ, I genuinely see absolutely no point in being so negative about a squad player who actually isn't that bad and then creating hypothetical situations just to validate having a go, but that's me.

Jesus Christ, I genuinely see absolutely no point in being so negative about a squad player who actually isn't that bad and then creating hypothetical situations just to validate having a go, but that's me.

Someone has to be the shit player, now that criticising Kuyt can't be held.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I take it you didn't see Liverpool's last 6/7 games, 'cos that's exactly what happened.

Preseason ?

Like it matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Preseason ?

Like it matters

I'm pretty sure he meant the last 6/7 games of last season. Which certainly are 'pre' this-season :P

BUt still not good enough as a starting 11 playre IMO. Needs more work, though I'm glad he bulked up a bit.

2106 BST: Liverpool's Lucas Leiva has held talks with the directors of Brazilian side Corinthians about a move. "You have to see what Rafa Benitez plans," he said. "The president of Corinthians already know that I am interested in and what I want." (Brazilian TV station Terra)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

*does happy dance*

But hes the new Jamie Carragher.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rosco1982 here ya go

120px-Banana_Man.gif

btw lucas should be first choice next season
    flahavaj wrote: »
    But hes the new Jamie Carragher.:pac:

legend in the making they say :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

if losing alonso, losing lucas, having a troubled/unhappy macherano gives you the urge to "happy dance", i'd hate to see how much you'll be dancing by xmas when we're out of the race before it even starts. again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement