Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Benitez officially confimed as Inter manager.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

opr wrote: »

Opr

linky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

opr wrote: »

Opr
    Crazy stuff. I still can't believe just how incredibly stupid some people are for saying he was'nt one of the best managers in the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Inter president, Massimo Moratti, had wanted to talk to Fabio Capello about succeeding Jose Mourinho but Capello signed to stay with England instead. “It’s done, it’s agreed,” Moratti has said this evening of Benitez’s new job. “The only details left to arrange are minor, unimportant. Tomorrow we shall confirm Rafa Benitez.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I still have that Talksport station on in the background and they said Skysports just broke the story.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Yeh Sky Sports reporting it now. Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Talk of this been made.

homealternative.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i see season tickets have gone up by 7%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Again, this could be total BS, but sure I might as well post the link anyway :D

Hicks Means It When He Says He'll Make Up Stars, Rangers Losses With Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

don't worry lads, i'm sure a better manager be announced in the next week so he can go about getting ready for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

SSN are saying that Rafa was Inters fourth choice manager, who else were they looking at do people know?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Talk of this been made.

homealternative.jpg
    Now there's one jersey i would wear.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    don't worry lads, i'm sure a better manager be announced in the next week so he can go about getting ready for the coming season.
    Name one available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mister men wrote: »
    Name one available.

He is taking the piss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

MR NINE wrote: »
    SSN are saying that Rafa was Inters fourth choice manager, who else were they looking at do people know?

My guess would be Capello, Hiddink and perhaps Van Gaal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

other choices they looked at were capello, hiddink, and guardiola.

none were available obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Name one available.

Whooooooosh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

MR NINE wrote: »

come on, obviously, roy h, martin o'n. and harry r

He is taking the piss!!!
    Sorry new to posting here just thought i'd check before having a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rafa was always gonna get a top job. He's a world class manager!

seriously, when do people expect a manager to be appointed?

Straight in as boss of the European champions, impressive.

Treble winners - no pressure Rafa !

Hope he wins the quadruple !

Think you need to calm down a little Alan. How the **** do we know!

I'd be suprised if a manager is appointed while g&h are still there tbh.

that was a calm question :D i'm just curious what people are expecting

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dub13 wrote: »
    Talk of this been made.

homealternative.jpg
    If the actual logo was on that, then that would be a fantastic looking jersey for the team. I really like it as a design.
    Sorry new to posting here just thought i'd check before having a go.

I'm sure you'll have great craic round here :) You should have to submit a questionairre about the following subjects before you are allowed to post:

Rafa
    Lucas
    Insua
    Babel
    Riera
    G&H
    Purslow
    Broughton
    Robbie Keane
    Alonso

And indicate your willingness to talk at length about any of the above at any time and how willing you are to defend your position.

At least the tiniest bright spark from my pov about Rafa leaving is that the above list should be reduced quite significantly in the next superthread, although I doubt the content will be overly cheery :(

Anyhow, back on topic, welcome to the forum Mister men.

that was a calm question :D i'm just curious what people are expecting

Sooner the better for me so we can be confident as to what Torres et all are doing.

Going to be realistic and say that Woy is the best we can hope for unless the club is sold soon.

yea, reckon Woy is near the best we can hope for alright. like him so be happy enough to have him at the club, seems like a good man, and there's a real shortage of them at the club at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Permanent? Next summer

Temporary? After the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

can't see it being him, hes just bought senderos, kenny would be in by now surely, i'm hoping the delay is the world cup...

Melion wrote: »
    Permanent? Next summer

Temporary? After the world cup

Permenant - when new owners come in - before xmas?

Temporary - After world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

All this sh1te is after putting a dampener on the World Cup for me. After the season we've had I was looking forward to a break from LFC and actually enjoying a bit of football for a few weeks during the summer, christ knows I haven't enjoyed football in a long long time. Now all this sh1te comes along and makes things even worse.

Following the club has just become a long journey of being kicked in the hole repeatedly at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I wonder if Rafa will come lookin for any of his old work horses? Kuyt, Masch, Lucas? Christ it just struck me today how Rafa felt we missed out on targets because we were too slow off the mark. Now here we are with no manager for the month of June, the last thing on the agenda would seem to be transfers. We'll be in one terrible state come August. Talk of a terrible few weeks. Let's hope we get some positive news from somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Following the club has just become a long journey of being kicked in the hole repeatedly at this stage.

I'm tired of people looking at me as if I have terminal cancer when I tell them I support Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm tired of people looking at me as if I have terminal cancer when I tell them I support Liverpool.

I'm just tired of supporters from various rivals feigning concern for Liverpool when they talk of our possible demise. Pack of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Away kit is very nice for next season

away%20kit%20revealed%20main%20banner.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I just tell them i have terminal cancer to change the subject!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Interesting to note, Fulham have just bought Sendoros. Manager may not be on his way if he is buying players.

Great signing.
    I wonder if Rafa will come lookin for any of his old work horses? Kuyt, Masch, Lucas? Christ it just struck me today how Rafa felt we missed out on targets because we were too slow off the mark. Now here we are with no manager for the month of June, the last thing on the agenda would seem to be transfers. We'll be in one terrible state come August. Talk of a terrible few weeks. Let's hope we get some positive news from somewhere

That will be very interesting - can't see him going for Torres or Gerrard for some reason but a move for Agger / Skrtel or Lucas / Kuyt I could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

When did we sign Benito Mussolini? :D:D

• Advertisement

Anyone just watch Panarama, I feel slightly less gloomy. At least LFC is up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

That picture will be out of date in about a month.

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone just watch Panarama, I feel slightly less gloomy. At least LFC is up for sale.

Share the good news Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

It looks like Carragher is checking out Reina's ass

LFC is only 400 million in debt and the owners want to sell, the Glazers have not got a pot to piss in and won't sell. I know match revenues et al are bigger for Utd but I think their overall position is actually rather worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

LFC is only 400 million in debt and the owners want to sell, the Glazers have not got a pot to piss in and won't sell. I know match revenues et al are bigger for Utd but I think their overall position is actually rather worse.

United's high turnover means they can at least service the interest on debt which keeps the banks happy. Liverpool although have a smaller debt I think have defaulted on payments and have been given a 6 month extension to pay (not sure if this is a fixed sum) by RBS.

Where are the owners getting idea that the club is worth 6-800 million?? Eugh....

Chancing their arm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

yea, reckon Woy is near the best we can hope for alright. like him so be happy enough to have him at the club, seems like a good man, and there's a real shortage of them at the club at the minute.

He's used to limited budgets as well. He has made a mistake or 2 when decent funds were available, so I hope he improves in that regard, otherwise God help him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Some interesting bits in Rafa's proposed contract with Inter according to the Inter site.

His position will be head coach rather than having the title of full manager as Jose did, he will not have control over the youth set up and no five year deal for him, plus Moratti looks to be going back to having imput on what players come in, similar to how he was when Mancini was managing there.

In some ways all that might suit Rafa. He will have no extra work like the youth set up or having anything to do with player's contracts and so on, and will be able to solely focus on the first team squad at his disposal.

Many people are saying he has it made there, but I reckon it is a tough job given that Inter have won their league five times in a row now, so anything less may be seen as a failure by their fans and by Moratti, who has quite a record for going through managers, given that Rafa is now the 15th manager in Moratti's 15 years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement