Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

Muppet, I can only admire your stamina ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Muppet, I can only admire your stamina ! :D

LOLZ, I'm serious, Honest.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

The Muppet wrote: »
    Speaking of Comedy Value, I find the number of Liverpool fans that appear to be brainwashed by Rafa very funny.

Rafa has left you with argueably the weakest squad you have every had ,playing crap football, a divided dressing room, out of the Champions league, Seventh in the League having won feck all in his time despite spending an absolute fortune on players (outspent only by Chelsea and City) and you call a fellow fan that criticises him "clueless".

The squad Rafa inherited from Houllier was much much weaker to be fair.

A champions League win, an FA cup and runners-up in the League and excellent progress in the Champions League most years is something Man City, Spurs and latterly Arsenal can only dream of in fairness.

But it is amusing that any sort of analysis of Benitez that is not favourable renderes someone clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Watching Mascherano yesterday i really do hope he leaves asap for good money, a workhorse who appears to have his head on backward, does he ever pass the fcuking ball forwards!!!!
    Hopefuly Kuyt will go too
    I have made an application on behalf of Ngog to Liverpool city council as a road sweeper - he might be half decent at that
    I would like to see Benayoun go as well, should get some nice money for him.

Dalglish is the man,it has been written, Hodgson is a fail for me

I also think new owners are imminent from the middle east. Personally i see a very bright future, the see saw has swung, time for untied to go into darkness again!!!
    God damn Americans!

The squad Rafa inherited from Houllier was much much weaker to be fair.

A champions League win, an FA cup and runners-up in the League and excellent progress in the Champions League most years is something Man City, Spurs and latterly Arsenal can only dream of in fairness.

But it is amusing that any sort of analysis of Benitez that is not favourable renderes someone clueless.

The man was too stubborn to admit he was wrong on occasions,important ones at that,he lost half the squads confidence and his rotation system left uncertainty in the squad which leads to confidence problems, he should do well in Italy as they are quite tempremental over there too.
    As for winning the champions league - if ya can't see we were blessed well then theres no point talking to you..

We are not spurs, Arsenal or city we are Liverpool a far bigger giant to them minnows and to compare us with these teams shows how much we have dropped in recent years - 20 god damn years!!

Thanks Rafa & good luck with Inter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Rafa has left you with argueably the weakest squad you have every had

LOL.

empirix wrote: »
    Watching Mascherano yesterday i really do hope he leaves asap for good money, a workhorse who appears to have his head on backward, does he ever pass the fcuking ball forwards!!!!

:confused:

Masherano was arguably Argentina's best player yesterday.

He was also one of our best performers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

shotamoose wrote: »
    LOL.

Yeah, I think the likes of Julian Dicks, Neil Ruddock, Paul Stewart and Nigel Clough would find that one pretty funny to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Speaking of Comedy Value, I find the number of Liverpool fans that appear to be brainwashed by Rafa very funny.

Rafa has left you with argueably the weakest squad you have every had ,playing crap football, a divided dressing room, out of the Champions league, Seventh in the League having won feck all in his time despite spending an absolute fortune on players (outspent only by Chelsea and City) and you call a fellow fan that criticises him "clueless".
    Prejudice occurs without a person knowing or examining the facts. It is belief without basis or information.

Just about sums it up for me to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Muppet, :rolleyes:. that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'll be surprised if this beaut of a post does'nt get a few bites.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

empirix wrote: »
    Hopefuly Kuyt will go too
    I have made an application on behalf of Ngog to Liverpool city council as a road sweeper - he might be half decent at that
    I would like to see Benayoun go as well, should get some nice money for him.

Dalglish is the man,it has been written, Hodgson is a fail for me

I also think new owners are imminent from the middle east. Personally i see a very bright future, the see saw has swung, time for untied to go into darkness again!!!
    God damn Americans!
    He is the best on the planet at what he does. This along with the fact he is the captain of one of the favorites for the tournament makes mince meat of your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mister men wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if this beaut of a post does'nt get a few bites.:pac:

Ayw, it probably will. It's so blatant that it's pathetic to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You know right well that Portsmouth owed us a significant amount of money. You know right well that we still wouldn't have got that money from them. Ultimately, Johnson did cost 18m but we were never going to see 7 or 8 million of that money.

We got a very good home grown full back out of it in the end. Was there an equally capable home grown right full back available for 10 million at the time? No, there wasn't as far as I can remember.

You have got your way, Rafa is no longer at the club. There is no need to post biased nonsense anymore.

Is that an assumtpion on your part? I mean, did many other clubs get burned by Pompey once they went into administration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does anyone find the lack of chatter about the manager strange? Its all gone very quiet and I can't decide if this good or bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mike65 wrote: »
    Does anyone find the lack of chatter about the manager strange? Its all gone very quiet and I can't decide if this good or bad.

The rags are focusing on the WC and crucifying goalkeepers so they aren't giving us any fodder related to Liverpool to argue over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

noodler wrote: »
    Is that an assumtpion on your part? I mean, did many other clubs get burned by Pompey once they went into administration?

Portsmouth were in danger of going into administration. This would have meant all debts owed to creditors would have been put on hold, with no guarantee at all that debts would have been paid. In actual fact, the likelihood was that Portsmouth could have gone into liquidation. If this had happened, LFC may have received a % of monies owed, if anything at all, considering the Revenue would have collected what it was owed first with the rest of the creditors, LFC included, fighting over the scraps. Footballing reasons to one side, signing Glen Johnson made perfect business sense.

In answer to your question, many many creditors/staff have been 'burned' by Portsmouth due to unpaid wages/bills/invoices.

It is an assumption.

Everything I have read suggests that we probably won't get it and if we do get any of it, it will be quite sometime yet.

Mister men wrote: »
    He is the best on the planet at what he does. This along with the fact he is the captain of one of the favorites for the tournament makes mince meat of your post.

i never said he was bad - hence the good money part, he is however amazingly defensive, yes i know his a defensive midfielder - something liverpool shouldn't consider!

/shakes head\

• Advertisement

Houston, we have a problem.

i can't wait for the school holidays to be over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm wondering what happens if Hodgson says no?

I thought from posts on here, that the top managers in the world would be queuing up? What happened there?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

K-9 wrote: »
    I thought from posts on here, that the top managers in the world would be queuing up? What happened there?

I doubt any regular posters here suggested that... i think Hodgson is an unrealistic target at this stage!

Pretty bad times to be saying something like that

It is an assumption.

Everything I have read suggests that we probably won't get it and if we do get any of it, it will be quite sometime yet.

Sorry, do they still owe us? I thought the debt was wiped out by the Johnson purchase?

Have you heard of any other transfer fees they owe to other clubs that are currently outstanding?

Obviously what you are saying stands to reason - I'm just curious, never really heard of a club welching on transfer fees before.

In other news, Jovanovic is startin gon the left for Serbia in a 4-4-2

I can't imagine why you'd think that, all but the most deluded know the level we are at for now. And yep Hodgson could be beyond LFC right now!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jovanovic starts for Serbia. Interesting to see how he is looking. I'll miss it but wil grab the highlights later..

Sorry, do they still owe us? I thought the debt was wiped out by the Johnson purchase?

Have you heard of any other transfer fees they owe to other clubs that are currently outstanding?

Obviously what you are saying stands to reason - I'm just curious, never really heard of a club welching on transfer fees before.

In other news, Jovanovic is startin gon the left for Serbia in a 4-4-2

They don't us a penny anymore as far as I know.

A premier league club going tits up is very much a first time event so I imagine there will be plenty of firsts in coming months.

No idea who or what they owe money to.

Aye, looking forward to seeing him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

tok9 wrote: »
    I doubt any regular posters here suggested that... i think Hodgson is an unrealistic target at this stage!

Pretty bad times to be saying something like that

I can't imagine why you'd think that, all but the most deluded know the level we are at for now. And yep Hodgson could be beyond LFC right now!

Sorry, was being a bit sarcastic. Any remember, the should Rafa go thread?

Seems Hodgson is still the main target. Be interesting if he says no and we have to go with Dalglish, through necessity rather than choice.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

:o Its hard to tell sometimes!

They don't us a penny anymore as far as I know.

A premier league club going tits up is very much a first time event so I imagine there will be plenty of firsts in coming months.

No idea who or what they owe money to.

Aye, looking forward to seeing him play.

For sure, but there have been other clubs in administration before and I don't recall headlines like "Inter chase administration-stricken Leeds for Keane funds" etc. Perhaps clubs have a particularly high rank when it comes to the payment of exisitng debt when a club enters administration?

Or hell, maybe the phased transfer fees are just more of a recent phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Short of a manager having his agent say to the press that he wants the job, how would we actually know if the standard interested is high or low?

Plus the standard interested could be high, but the level of what is actually wanted by the board may not be as high.

Plus there is the option of potential new owners only wanting a short term appointment put in place for now so that when it comes to getting rid and placing their own choice in, it will cost less.

Speculation, speculation, and more speculation is what we have now, and with the WC now on, there is less focus from the media on LFC. Which is a good thing in my eyes, as there is a chance of behind the scenes work going on without the spotlight being shined on the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405445-ottmar-hitzfeld-the-new-manager-of-liverpool-fc
    not a creditable link to the job, but good to see him mentioned, :D

Just glancing through the back pages today, we have suggestions from Al Fayad that Hodgson won't be leaving Fulham.

Countering that we now have suggestions that Dalglish has withdrawn any interest in the role and Hodgson will be approached in a matter of days. Apparently Purslow has sought advice from a number of leading UEFA coaches including Houllier and all have reccommended Hodgson as the ideal candidate.

Believe it, If you like...

argosy2006 wrote: »
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405445-ottmar-hitzfeld-the-new-manager-of-liverpool-fc

Hehe there would be a few on here with red faces if he did join. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Just glancing through the back pages today, we have suggestions from Al Fayad that Hodgson won't be leaving Fulham.

Countering that we now have suggestions that Dalglish has withdrawn any interest in the role and Hodgson will be approached in a matter of days. Apparently Purslow has sought advice from a number of leading UEFA coaches including Houllier and all have reccommended Hodgson as the ideal candidate.

Believe it, If you like...
    I would rather not to believe it,even if its true,, i don't see rush to appoint him,
    rather kenny take job part time until club is sold,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I would be delighted if we got him.

For sure, but there have been other clubs in administration before and I don't recall headlines like "Inter chase administration-stricken Leeds for Keane funds" etc. Perhaps clubs have a particularly high rank when it comes to the payment of exisitng debt when a club enters administration?

Or hell, maybe the phased transfer fees are just more of a recent phenomenon.

I have no idea to be honest.

I would be delighted if we got him.

You and 99% of LFC fans I reckon.:D

There is actually a rumour floating about in Liverpool with regards to him, that I don't think I will say too much about for fear of getting drawn into a pointless debate, but it involves talk as to why he knocked Celtic back and that there are only two clubs on his radar. Time will tell though.

Please be true!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kess73 wrote: »
    You and 99% of LFC fans I reckon.:D

There is actually a rumour floating about in Liverpool with regards to him, that I don't think I will say too much about for fear of getting drawn into a pointless debate, but it involves talk as to why he knocked Celtic back and that there are only two clubs on his radar. Time will tell though.

Dare we dream?

EDIT:Jovanovic seems to be having a good game for Serbia.

Dare we dream?

EDIT:Jovanovic seems to be having a good game for Serbia.

Yeah he is looking alright for Serbia so far today. Seems to be talk in the Italian media that Rafa is trying to get him to Inter, similar to how he nicked Momo from under Everton's noses.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah he is looking alright for Serbia so far today. Seems to be talk in the Italian media that Rafa is trying to get him to Inter, similar to how he nicked Momo from under Everton's noses.

Is he better than Riera though? Who will probably stay now.

Have only seen him play four or five times. He seems to have the potential to be a lot better than Riera who, while decent on the ball, is really not much more than a journeyman.

From the little I have seen of him in actual games rather than youtube compilations, Jovanovic does seem quicker, more composed and better able to find good positions than Riera.

I doubt Riera will be staying, I see him being moved on this summer despite Rafa not being at the club.

Having both might be no harm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No I meant potential as in I had only seen him play a few times but what I saw seemed to suggest he is a good player and probably better than Riera, not potential as in hom being a young prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lol, at least I know you don't believe must of the ****e you type. But even still, this is a very poor attempt even by your usuall poor standards Muppet. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lol, at least I know you don't believe must of the ****e you type. But even still, this is a very poor attempt even by your usuall poor standards Muppet. :pac:

Sure none of it was true was it? Brainwashed I tell you. Rafa should start a Cult, he'd make a fortune.;)

you're funny

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement