Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Im hoping your right, just adding what he said previously. May not be important

Well the odds would be in favour of me being wrong, massively so, but just as some people will hear a negative story or rumour and jump on it, I am doing that with a more positive rumour and allowing myself to dream if if it is a very very long shot.

mike65 wrote: »

Yeah I think most of us were expecting him to leave this summer, although I presumed it would have been to Spain.

But given the comments he made about Rafa after Rafa left, and the fact he has openly said he is learning Italian, it looks like Inter will be his new club before the summer is out.

Makes a bit of a joke of claims that Masch was one of the players that Rafa "lost" in the dressing room though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mike65 wrote: »

€25m? Not enough, no where near it. £30m minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Out 18 months left on contract :(

Also Rafa knows how little cash is available :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as Archie said earlier though...Rafa knows better than anyone how broke we are.

£20m-25m is likely unfortunately.

SlickRic wrote: »
    as Archie said earlier though...Rafa knows better than anyone how broke we are.

£20m-25m is likely unfortunately.

Switch the £ to € and I think it is even more likely. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Stop talking sense lads. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Did Hamann not just get appointed MK Dons manager about a month ago?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Did Hamann not just get appointed MK Dons manager about a month ago?

Yep he became player/manager for them sometime in May. It was a one year contract. He spent a number of months there before signing officially with them as he was doing a lot of his work for his coaching badges there, so the board at MK Dons saw an opportunity to sign him up after those few months.

As an aside that really means nothing at all. Didi has kept his family home in Cheshire and his family still live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

By all accounts Sami is another person who has the qualities to make it as a coach/manager. How about a didi/sami dream ticket? Hell, G+H could probably tap them up for £1m a year to save a few quid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Kuyt is off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well done Kuyt.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think the saddest thing I read at the weekend was that Hodgson has told Liverpool to make him an offer before he goes to South Africa on Wednesday or else forget it.

When Hodgson starts giving Liverpool FC ultimatums you know we're screwed! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

with one year left on his contract and him wanting to leave? Snap that hand off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Out 18 months left on contract :(

Also Rafa knows how little cash is available :(
    ????????????????????????????? 24 months not 18. contracts never end in december/january in england

but yea realisticly mash could be sold for about 20-25 million. but id say it will be pounds rather than euro. the offer right now aparantly is only an opening bid.

but if we all rate Fabregas at about £30M and slate arsenal for wanting more then Mash is worth about £25-28M. of course Milner is going for £40M but MoN is living in the clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

On a more positive note, Agger has commited his future to the club, despite the Rafa business. He said he respected Rafa etc but that he was not for moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

If Hicks and Gillete are digging their heels in for the an over the odds bid for the club why would they accept a cut price offer for Masch? Think about it logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If we have learned anything about those 2 yanks ya can be sure they don't do cut-price

• Advertisement

Who would Masch replace in the Inter side? He'd be moving to one of the most defensively minded/structured teams in Italy. Cambiasso normally plays in that hole doesn't he, with Muntari?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Who would Masch replace in the Inter side? He'd be moving to one of the most defensively minded/structured teams in Italy. Cambiasso normally plays in that hole doesn't he, with Muntari?

Who will Jose take to Inter though. Cambiasso is a class player so been rumours of him and maicon making the switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Musical chairs, and guess which club will be left stood up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Does Motta not play that role at Inter? Cambiasso is a bit more forward than him and then Sneijder is the playmaker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cambiasso could fill the old Alonso role alongside Masch, with Schneider ahead in the Gerrard role.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

Paulegend wrote: »
    ????????????????????????????? 24 months not 18. contracts never end in december/january in england

but yea realisticly mash could be sold for about 20-25 million. but id say it will be pounds rather than euro. the offer right now aparantly is only an opening bid.

but if we all rate Fabregas at about £30M and slate arsenal for wanting more then Mash is worth about £25-28M. of course Milner is going for £40M but MoN is living in the clouds.

And Milner is English which always inflates prospective purchase prices by 50% or so for Premier League clubs.

• Advertisement

Does Motta not play that role at Inter? Cambiasso is a bit more forward than him and then Sneijder is the playmaker?

tbh I thought Motta and Cambiasso both played the role in the team depending on how they are set up. A bit like Masch and Lucas. Muntari has also been used, as a similar type of player, he was signed when Cambiasso was injured year before by Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just read an interesting piece on Torres from a Spanish newspaper. He is the only player to have scored the winner in three different UEFA European Championship finals. He scored the winner for Spain at the U-16, U-19 and senior UEFA European championship finals. That is a truly remarkable and unique achievement which I would wager will never be matched. Good question for a table quiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No I didn't.

I was deemed clueless by chucky the tree stump, for questioning Benitez.

Its not permissable to question Benitez.

Question him all you like, but when you do it in a stupid way it's a bit different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If Maicon goes to Madrid, Zanetti will revert to right back. Even at verging on 50 years old, he's got the fitness of a lad half his age and will have no trouble playing there. Masch would then go in behind Cambiasso and Sneijder in a holding role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Question him all you like, but when you do it in a stupid way it's a bit different.

I didn't question him in a stupid way. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers, which I rely on you for.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Motta.

Yossi Benayoun has agreed a four-year contract with Chelsea.

Reports in Israel say that Chelsea and Liverpool reached a compromise transfer fee today clearing the way for Israel’s captain to move to Stamford Bridge.

The Premier League champions had a £4 million offer for midfielder rejected last month by Liverpool who were demanding £10 million.

Benayoun, 30, who is on holiday in Israel, will fly back to England later this week to undergo a medical at Chelsea’s Cobham training ground.

Benayoun joined Liverpool from West Ham in 2007 and signed a new four year deal at Anfield last summer worth $75,000 week. It is believed that Benayoun will earn more at Chelsea.

Benayoun scored nine goals in 42 matches for Liverpool last season but fell out with former manager Rafa Benitez towards the end of the season.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti wants Benayoun to replace England international Joe Cole who has been released.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/33016/benayoun-agrees-chelsea-switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Losing Yossi is a big blow to our creativity.

spockety wrote: »
    Losing Yossi is a big blow to our creativity.

Big time. You couldn't blame him, he was treated terribly while he was at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I didn't question him in a stupid way. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers, which I rely on you for.;)

You did, and I highlighted it before so I won't get into it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Big time. You couldn't blame him, he was treated terribly while he was at Liverpool.

Yes we can, he wont be treated any differently at Chelsea

I was hoping he would stay and see what a new manager would do

You did, and I highlighted it before so I won't get into it again.

God your boring.

How so?

Yes we can, he wont be treated any differently at Chelsea

I was hoping he would stay and see what a new manager would do

I think the wheels were set in motion quite a while now, probably too far down the road to turn back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So, thats the one and only creative winger at the club gone now...any word on the actual cost? Hopefully much closer to the 10m than the 4 m...

magma69 wrote: »
    How so?

In the team, out of the team, regardless of how well he performed. He's referred to this numerous times himself.

He's a big loss to the squad in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

4.5m according to phil thompson

liverpool did well on that one
    any chance wenger might come back in for babble?

In the team, out of the team, regardless of how well he performed. He's referred to this numerous times himself.

He's a big loss to the squad in my opinion.

Nonsense. Rotation is part of the game. That's a ridiculous excuse to want to move away from a club. He started roughly 3 out of every 4 games that he was available for and usually made a sub appearance. That's not being treated badly :rolleyes:

And yes I agree, one of our only creative players gone is a massive loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He's signed a 4 year contract at Chelsea too. Typical Ancelotti, offering 4 years to a 30 year old squad player.

conno16 wrote: »

any chance wenger might come back in for babble?

He's waiting to see if the leg from his coffee table actually comes off first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

conno16 wrote: »

I don't know about that...I would have put his value to the club as significantly higher then that. There is noone we could buy for that money (barring free transfers obviously) who would have as big an impact as Yossi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

did we just sell Yossi Benayoun?

FCUKIN RETARDED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ah come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

4.5 million, that'll go some way to paying Rafa off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement