Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ugh.

before the summer started we all said it was going to be one of the most horrible for us fans, and unfortunately, it's turning out that way.

i actually don't want to come into this thread anymore for fear of somehow getting more depressed.

someone wakes me up when our squad has been suitably dismantled, and we know what our starting lineup is likely to look like for the first game of the season.

f*cking Yanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Yossi will be missed on the field more than Masch, who'll be pretty easily replaced, actually Lucas showed last year that he actually can step up his game.
    Masch gave it all but he's a dirty player who's constantly booked and then gets suspended.

Yossi could add someting and try something when LFCs backs were against the wall.
    Rafa didn't like that and now instead of stickin to try and prove himself to a new boss, he's off to Chelsea where he knows the coach want him.

Of all the other players, I'd be sad to see Babel go, the rest wont be missed.
    Stevie G and Torres I hinestly believe will not go, but LFC need to get a manager in places and quickly, the sooner Daglish is announced the better and he can get in some players and make it a priority to keep the ones he wants.

Seriously yhow did anyone get past the first line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The Muppet wrote: »
    Yeah , it's bet to avoid the BBC and Sky for your football fix.

thats not what i said -when you watch a 10 minute highlight of a game you probably wont see much of masch and if you listen to andy grey and co you wouldnt know he was there most of the time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ronnie Whelan says Masch is crap so.................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

skrtel has been pretty sloppy today; giving NZ attackers far too much space.

also, if we had any money, i'd like Hamsik and Weiss please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

K-9 wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan is crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Ronnie Whelan is crap

He actually is a clown. At half time in the NZ Slovakia game he said that NZ were playing a long ball game that was giving them great results/chances in the first 20/25 minutes but that they tried to play the ball on the ground for the rest of the half and had no joy. Ronnie then said he thinks they should continue to pass the ball on the ground even though they are not capable of doing so and it is not working. Honestly Ron, what the hell is your point?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

...so assume the opposite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Splainc wrote: »
    .....Honestly Ron, what the hell is your point?!!
    Does anybody really care what Ronnie Whelan says/thinks? :rolleyes:

Does anybody really care what Ronnie Whelan says/thinks? :rolleyes:

No but isn't mad (and saddening) that an ex-footballer, reknowned for his game intelligence and part of one of the most successful teams in English history with huge international experience talks utter tripe as if he never played the game before in his life.....

• Advertisement

yes, Ronnie Whelan is a bit of a plank, and is not on a lot of Liverpool fans' good sides, due to his unhealthy dislike for Rafa.

but let's not go over the top; his analysis is just a bit simplistic, but so are most of them.

he only knows how to play football 'the right way'. any other way is wrong. so yes, while he'd say NZ aren't good enough to pass the ball, he can't get it through his head that they shouldn't keep doing it. because, for him, i'd imagine there's no alternative to short passing. it's what he grew up on. it's what he knows. it's all he knows.

long ball and press is probably what you would say to a NZ team. Whelan wouldn't allow that IMO.

so while his analysis is often 'right', as in he hates wasteful football, he'll often say stuff like today that just won't make much sense.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yes, Ronnie Whelan is a bit of a plank, and is not on a lot of Liverpool fans' good sides, due to his unhealthy dislike for Rafa.

but let's not go over the top; his analysis is just a bit simplistic, but so are most of them.

he only knows how to play football 'the right way'. any other way is wrong. so yes, while he'd say NZ aren't good enough to pass the ball, he can't get it through his head that they shouldn't keep doing it. because, for him, i'd imagine there's no alternative to short passing. it's what he grew up on. it's what he knows. it's all he knows.

long ball and press is probably what you would say to a NZ team. Whelan wouldn't allow that IMO.

so while his analysis is often 'right', as in he hates wasteful football, he'll often say stuff like today that just won't make much sense.

Ronnie Whelan has not got a clue or not a clue how to articulate what he "may" mean. The man thinks Mourinho is a useless manager who is very lucky. Case closed.

The man thinks Mourinho is a useless manager who is very lucky. Case closed.

did he really say this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Real apparently intend to go for Glen Johnson if they can't sign Maicon..

Getting that from Twitter but your man is generally quite good when it comes to Real Madrid.

did he really say this?

Yep. After the CL final he sheepishly asked how a manager who got every single team selection, tactic wrong can win the champions league. "You gotta think is he just lucky?" is what i think the quote was. Giles and Dunphy savaged him after that.

Failed former Southend Utd manager calling twice CL winning, multiple league, cup and not to mention double and triple winning manager with 3 sides, never not been instantly successful with any team he has managed in three different countries with three different styles of football, lucky. The cheek!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Torres: 75
    Gerrard: 30
    Mascherano: 25
    Aquilani: 20
    GlenJo: 20
    Kuyt: 10
    Lucas: 8
    Bennayoun: 6
    Babel: 8
    Riera: 6
    £208 million

That goes some way to clearing the debt, eh?

£208 million

Not really as the knockon effect would be disastrous. Shirt sales of the top two is worth millions and millions around the world. Champions League football would be lost for years removing approx 30/40m per year. League placing in the prem is millions per position. Being unable to attract any talent as we have just sold all of ours would make things worse so fighting relegation would be looking more likely. Such a drastic change in ambitions would result in attendances falling meaning less money coming in again. Attendances falling would mean new stadium plans would be shelved falling further and further and further behind not only Utd and Arsenal but at least the top 10 in the premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

£208 million

Relegation it is

£208 million

anyone fancy this for next year?

Pep
    Kelly----Skrtel
    Agger
    Insua
    Plessis

Spearing
    El Zhar
    Pacheco
    Jovanovic
    N'Gog

yummy.

i don't even want to speculate on the subs bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pep
    Kelly----Skrtel
    Agger
    Insua
    Plessis

Spearing
    El Zhar
    Pacheco
    Jovanovic
    N'Gog

yummy.

You can take Jovanovic of it, Rafa is taking him apparently.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

big sam linked with the vacancy today
    not exactly lippi but he'd push for a top 4 slot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

conno16 wrote: »

Oh I'd LOL hard if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

he would in his balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Heh, time to jump ship lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Pep
    Kelly----Skrtel
    Agger
    Insua
    Plessis

Spearing
    El Zhar
    Pacheco
    Jovanovic
    N'Gog

yummy.

While I can't stomach Plessis or Ngog, I'd almost enjoy watching that team. Maybe with the Charlton lad and the Finn instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I hate the man with a passion

I think I would have to do some violence to myself if he got the job, not sure I could follow the team with him in charge and I don't say that easily

i wouldn't put it past the owners to hire Sam, just as a final insult to Rafa.

did someone say he'd push for top 4?

i'll kick myself in the balls if he gets the job and delivers it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

i wouldn't put it past the owners to hire Sam, just as a final insult to Rafa.

did someone say he'd push for top 4?

i'll kick myself in the balls if he gets the job and delivers it.

Or as a big 2 fingers to the fans. I don't think there would be much problem organising a match boycott if that happened.

Thankfully I think Jack Charlton is about as likely to get the job as him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

oops dodgy image url.

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    102097247.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5852F8551FF788BA9ACE44360DD5216E17AEA70D9CC095353

But is he happy, really? ;(

he is holding it like its diseased...

bah!

I hate the man with a passion

I think I would have to do some violence to myself if he got the job, not sure I could follow the team with him in charge and I don't say that easily

i would die a little inside, and have to find something else to do on the weekends...

poor Rafa.

that shirt is far too small for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Big Sam genuinely wouldn't surprise me. Nothing would.

You can take Jovanovic of it, Rafa is taking him apparently.

Didnt Jovanovic come out and say he is going to Liverpool unless he is told otherwise?

Didnt Jovanovic come out and say he is going to Liverpool unless he is told otherwise?

sure he has a pre-contract with us, that means unless there is a clause about Rafa he will be a liverpool player next year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Allardyce is our next manager, i'll not watch us until he's gone. 100% serious.

If Allardyce is our next manager, i'll not watch us until he's gone. 100% serious.

I would never say that but no chance of Allardyce as our next manager. Come on lads what is the point of this. You might as well mention Steve Staunton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Stupid sam has no chance. Surely that's understood by everyone?

I would never say that but no chance of Allardyce as our next manager. Come on lads what is the point of this. You might as well mention Steve Staunton.

because it shows how much we simply don't trust the cancerous leeches that are our owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Allardyce? Not a chance. I would sooner have Phil "you've been tango'd" Brown than suffer the footballing "acumen" of Allardyce.

• Advertisement

because it shows how much we simply don't trust the cancerous leeches that are our owners.

Why would they appoint someone like that though? It serves no purpose. At least the Klinsmann thing makes sense as he was the flashy, shiney young manager around at the time.

i had a dream Brown got it the other night :( anymore about Kenny gettin it today?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i had a dream Brown got it the other night :( anymore about Kenny gettin it today?

From who? That's a bit dirty for a football thread don't you think???!!

Big Sam, Phil Brown...bloody hell.

Better than Rafa though eh?

Why would they appoint someone like that though? It serves no purpose. At least the Klinsmann thing makes sense as he was the flashy, shiney young manager around at the time.

1) Sam can work on a budget (Bolton).

2) He'd be relatively cheap.

3) it'd stick 2 fingers up at the fans.

4) it'd stick 2 fingers up at Rafa.

i'd like to qualify all this by saying it won't happen, but i can see why those leeches would think about going for him. he ticks most of their useless boxes.

You are asking the wrong guy about Kenny. Rosco was the one who said yesterday about a new manager being announced as early as today and then signed off with "Long live the King"

The Hitzfeld rumour was my thing.:D

i absolutely 100% assure you, if either got the job the yank apologists and/or the anti Rafa-heads around here would try and justify it.

i absolutely 100% assure you, if either got the job the yank apologists and/or the anti Rafa-heads around here would try and justify it.

You think?

If either got the job, going to Anfield would become an exercise in looking up at the rafters for the owners, because at some point I would be waiting there for them. :D

Might even bring along a baseball bat a la Sting too.

rafters.jpg

returnofSting.jpg

Kess73 wrote: »
    You are asking the wrong guy about Kenny. Rosco was the one who said yesterday about a new manager being announced as early as today and then signed off with "Long live the King"

The Hitzfeld rumour was my thing.:D
    I'll eat my hat if Hitzfeld gets the job. Still 80-1 for it? Bookies are rarely wrong like that. Oh yea, twas Rosco who said that about Kenny.

I'll eat my hat if Hitzfeld gets the job. Still 80-1 for it? Bookies are rarely wrong like that. Oh yea, twas Rosco who said that about Kenny.

Like I said yesterday, I would put the Hitzfeld rumour at about 5% possible and 95% against, but, for me anyway, it is the level of appointment that would be needed to be an upgrade on Rafa.

I have about five names or so that I would either be happy with or just about stomach as a long term replacement.

Anyone else is either a short term appointment or just shyte in my eyes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement