Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Club have already said they would not sell without a manager so I suppose people can talk as much as they want but nothing can come of it.

Doesn't suprise me.

Resigned to losing him tbh. Hopefully we net a nice bit for him.

The Argies winning the WC might push his price up a bit. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Argies winning the WC might push his price up a bit. :o
    I reckon what we do is take a snap of him lifting the world cup send it off to man city... Thankfully Torres had a very bad day yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pellegrini wouldn't be bad. He's a man manager isn't he? Might get better performances out of Gerrard and Babel.

Based on his career so far, can he actually get much better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

gosplan wrote: »
    "And then he replaced me with Lucas!"

I wonder what he really said....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well he could get him back to performing well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Well his attitude could.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Was this already posted on here? The NOTW got the injunction lifted on the Gerrard story so expect it to appear soon. Just in time to totally ruin Englands chances at the world cup

Melion wrote: »
    Was this already posted on here? The NOTW got the injunction lifted on the Gerrard story so expect it to appear soon. Just in time to totally ruin Englands chances at the world cup

The pregnant 16 year old story, jesus that child must be around 8 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

No, the 16 year olds kid is 16 now. The scandal is she is an Everton fan. The kids kid that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

No, the 16 year olds kid is 16 now. The scandal is she is an Everton fan. The kids kid that is.

Apparently Steven Gerrard has fatherd a number of the current England squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Melion wrote: »

Sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sauce?

Just a hunch, but I reckon it could be the News of the World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Archimedes wrote: »

I don't get it. Or you don't get it, I'm not sure which.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sauce?
    Archimedes wrote: »
    I don't get it. Or you don't get it, I'm not sure which.

I'm assuming nbm is looking for the source on the injunction lifted bit, not the gerrard shagging a 16 year old bit. Crossed wires above I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It's not really a joking matter is it? I wonder will his mates take the wrap this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The Muppet wrote: »
    It's not really a joking matter is it? I wonder will his mates take the wrap this time?

He'll have good company with Ashley and Terry around anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So you say it is not a joking matter and then you make a joke about it.:rolleyes:

I wonder if there is any truth to all of this at all, time will tell I suppose.

Oh noes, it's so wrong of me to joke about an unproven rumour about a football player whos personal life means nothing to me.

• Advertisement

So you say it is not a joking matter and then you make a joke about it.:rolleyes:

I wonder if there is any truth to all of this at all, time will tell I suppose.

I didn;t make any joke, This is one of a number of rumours has been around for quite a while, a similar rumour spread a few years ago but ws never proved. Time may or may not tell if it's true.
    Oh noes, it's so wrong of me to joke about an unproven rumour about a football player whos personal life means nothing to me.

You shouldn't need to be told that this subject is not a joking matter, does the "16 year bit" not raise any concerns with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I didn;t make any joke, This is one of a number of rumours has been around for quite a while, a similar rumour spread a few years ago but ws never proved. Time may or may not tell if it's true.

Well it clearly wasn't a serious question, so what else could it have been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You shouldn't need to be told that this subject is not a joking matter, does the "16 year bit" not raise any concerns with you?

It's perfectly legal so what he does in his spare time doesn't bother me.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Well it clearly wasn't a serious question, so what else could it have been?

It was an observation on previous unsavory incidents involving Gerrard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Like Clockwork.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

101001 wrote: »
    sarcasm... be cool...

I got it.
    Right back at ya.

He didn't.
    gosplan wrote: »
    "And then he replaced me with Lucas!"

Fecking hilarious.

• Advertisement

Well maybe if you re-read my original post, the "joke" in question was more so riffing on the age of the story/rumour rather than anything else.

You probably missed that though in your sad attempt at becoming the LFC thread's moral compass.

It wouldn't matter if she was the same age as that one Rooney did a couple of years back, as 16 is legal in the UK. I'm not saying it is right by my moral compass, but eachto their own, etc I guess, as long as it is within the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You forget, Liverpool fans are evil people with black souls, so extra-marital sex with 16 years olds is hilarious to us.

It was an observation on previous unsavory incidents involving Gerrard..

But an observation which in this case was not relevant in a factual manner. There is not a way a friend can take the wrap for fathering a child, ergo you were clearly not being serious, ergo you were taking the piss.

A joke is a joking matter silly.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    I got it.

He didn't.

Fecking hilarious.

C+

For effort.

Anyway, another short piece on the potential managers. Nothing really substantial there, but worth a glance anyway.
    Speculation is mounting that Manuel Pellegrini will be appointed Liverpool's next manager after he was reportedly seen meeting Kenny Dalglish in a London hotel.

Odds on the former Real Madrid coach, who was sacked in May after failing to prise the La Liga crown from rivals Barcelona, taking charge at Anfield have fallen dramatically after it was alleged that the pair had been spotted in discussions at the Crowne Plaza near Heathrow Airport.

Pellegrini's agent denied claims that the 56-year-old was in the capital or that he has held talks with Reds managing director Christan Purslow but bookmakers have slashed his price from 90/1 to 4/1, but Dalglish and Fulham manager Roy Hodgson still remain the firm favourites for the role.

Meanwhile reports in Italy also claim that Marcello Lippi has snubbed an offer of £4.2million per season to join Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Ittihad Jeddah in the hope of being sounded out by Liverpool.

The former Juventus manager, 62, is planning to step down from international duty when Italy return from this summer's World Cup and is understood to be hoping he will be considered in the Anfield board's shortlist.

Dalglish is still keen to be offered the job but the board are believed to favour Hodgson, who is in South Africa acting as a pundit for the BBC.

But Hodgson, 62, has insisted he is happy at Craven Cottage despite increasing talk of an approach to Fulham for his services.

He said: "I'm Fulham manager. I'm perfectly happy at Fulham.

"To be honest, there's a lot of speculation but I can't enlighten you."
    http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129539-odds-slashed-as-manuel-pellegrini-tipped-to-be-next-liverpool-fc-manager.html

Can Lippi speak English? I'm pretty sure Pellegrini can, i would assume it'd be a pretty important factor in securing the job? Actually now that i think of it, can Dalgish speak English? :pac:

Edit: Waiting for the muppet to log on and tell me whether its acceptable or not to make a joke about Kenny Dalglish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Paddy power seem to have suspended the market for the new liverpool manager. apparently ladbrokes and william hill are the same. Wonder if we can read anything into that

MR NINE wrote: »
    Paddy power seem to have suspended the market for the new liverpool manager. apparently ladbrokes and william hill are the same. Wonder if we can read anything into that

I dont think so, they've been closed for a few days now, and since then we've seen the favourites shift around a bit with Pellegrini coming into the frame, but Hodgson is still the most likely. I'd say they all just reached saturation point with bets on Hodgson and decided to stop the market as they'd be risking making a loss if Hodgson got it. I suspect some big bets have been put on hodgson.

Seems strange that Hodgson is so much of a favourite and he isn't even in the country to talk to anyone about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

The Liverpool board are dicking Fulham around now.

Leaving a bad taste in my opinion. If you want Roy appoint him. Don't leak it to the media everyday that you want him and then talk to other managers.

Leaving a bad taste in my opinion. If you want Roy appoint him. Don't leak it to the media everyday that you want him and then talk to other managers.

Have you got inside information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,325 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

doubt liverpool are leaking anything

also, if it was only fulham that the liverpool board were dicking i wouldnt mind, however thats the least of their sins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The SA authorities are baning all sorts of things. I wouldn't read anything into that, RAWK is no doubt declaring war on South Africa and FIFA as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

One of the replies

"A banner containing the words Hicks & Gillett? That's vulgar by anyone's standards...":p

FIFA really are making a joke of themselves at this tournament over a number of issues. Way to go Sepp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just to follow up on the rumour I posted about here at the start of the week. About Kenny standing down as a candidate for the role of manager and Hitzfeld's agent being one of the agents that had been in touch with the club.

Local radio is reporting that there are claims that the new manager will be in place within 14 days and that the new owners will be in place within 8 weeks. One local journo (Echo) it seems has gone "off record" claiming the same and that the new owners are the ones with the say in who manages the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

14 days, the Swiss and possibly the Italians will be gone by then.

I think the Kuyt to Inter rumours may end soon.

Krasic's agent has come out and said that official talks have been held with Inter about a move.

Could not see Rafa buying Kuyt if he gets Krasic.

Masch's agent has come out and said that there has been official contact between Inter and Liveropool now.

At least now we have a fairly good idea as to why Masch would not sign a new contract from March onwards.

Nothing to see here.............

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

"I'll talk about this more on our members website shortly."

FFS , is that from KRAPTALK??

As I said, haven't a clue......

alot of it seems like a petty rant alright, sorry......probably shouldnt have stuck it up.....

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    "I'll talk about this more on our members website shortly."

FFS , is that from KRAPTALK??

Yep, if you take the first paragraph and google it, it brings you to Duncan Oldham's website.

I'm just stunned that people are still being fooled into paying money to read his shyte, not talking about you Yom.. I would have thought that there was enough info online, including newspaper and court details, of his scams for people to just laugh at him and avoid him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement