Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I dont bother with any of those fanboy sites at all so honestly didnt know.....I'll delete it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yom 1 wrote: »
    I dont bother with any of those fanboy sites at all so honestly didnt know.....I'll delete it now

He's not even a fanboy, he's like the anti-fanboy. He likes to propogate doom and misery wherever possible, all while scamming as much money off liverpool fans as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's not even a fanboy, he's like the anti-fanboy. He likes to propogate doom and misery wherever possible, all while scamming as much money off liverpool fans as possible.

To be honest they deserve it if they are paying for it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

~Rebel~ wrote: »

He has a season ticket at Newcastle. He just found a vein of income from gullible LFC supporters who are taken in by his scams and claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So rumours that the club will be soldcwithin 6 to 8 weeks?!

• Advertisement

So rumours that the club will be soldcwithin 6 to 8 weeks?!

Rumours are that the new owners will fully be in place within 8 weeks, which if true, would mean that the sale has already been agreed upon and it is just the legal side of things that are being finished.

The keyword being rumours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Kess73 wrote: »
    The keyword being rumours though.
    Here's to hoping your rumourmongering skills are above reproach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I really like the look of Jovanavic. He looks pacy, despite his advancing years

Just scored as well. Really hope his move doesn't get highjacked now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

was just about to post that link

not a world beater, but will add some depth to the squad in fairness. Can play in a few places and looks like he knows what to do with the ball. I'm happy he is still coming.

Quality attempt off the post there too. Certainly looks like good value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

He seems like a bit of a lunatic too which is always a laugh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Based entirely on 1.5 matches of the World Cup, I think it's safe to say he is a way better aquisition than Chico Hernandez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

spockety wrote: »
    Based entirely on 1.5 matches of the World Cup, I think it's safe to say he is a way better aquisition than Chico Hernandez.

LOL, you need to be more worried about who Villa, Everton, City and Spurs are signing rather than who United are signing.

Hard to tell which will have the bigger impact.

My red bias say Jovanavic, but Hernandez is young, quick and seems to have an eye for goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Certainly looks better than our last 2 free transfers anyway going by these 2 matches.

Spud83 wrote: »
    LOL, you need to be more worried about who Villa, Everton, City and Spurs are signing rather than who United are signing.

While there is some truth in that comment, all those teams need to at least replicate their form of the season just gone and hope that Liverpool play as badly again, because a Liverpool team that was awful for pretty much a whole season was not far behind three of those teams and ahead of the other.

For me that says as much about those four teams as it does about Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Spud83 wrote: »

or possibly Birmingham , Newcastle and Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

neither have played in the Premier League, or in their respective new teams yet.

and, why would you even compare them?

it's not worth it.

and look, see what you've started...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You forgot the giant /s tag. It's essential round these parts.

Melion wrote: »
    Certainly looks better than our last 2 free transfers anyway going by these 2 matches.

I've watched him a lot for Serbia (was very happy when we were linked, and was over the moon when we were initially linked with Krasic), and he's consistently good for them. Not seen him play much club football, but internationally he certainly has plenty of ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Whats the latest on the next Liverpool manager ?

you think Hiddink will take the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hiddink's the new Turkey manager, he won't be at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

So by all accounts Dalglish was spotted with Pellegrini somewhere in London. Obviously with a view to interviewing him for the job?

Which begs the question, what on earth is going on?

Is Dalglish in the running?

If Roy Hodgson remains favourite, why not just give him the job asap?

If new owners are waiting in the wings, should due dilligence and all that mullarkey not have begun by now?

Pellegrini would be an excellent choice.

At the moment i'd say: Hitzfeld>Pellegrini>Van Gaal>Hodgson>most of the others linked with us.

Hodgson would be an acceptable appointment, but one of the other 3 would delight me.

If new owners are waiting in the wings, should due dilligence and all that mullarkey not have begun by now?

We don't know it hasn't

We don't know it hasn't

Usually these things have to be announced due to legalities.

As was the case last time out

The more I think about Pellegrini could be an excellent solution. More so based on the job he did at Villareal. Tight budget but they performed well. He got them playing some nice football too. Which would be nice.

Is that the new Macheda fellow?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

So by all accounts Dalglish was spotted with Pellegrini somewhere in London. Obviously with a view to interviewing him for the job?

Which begs the question, what on earth is going on?

Man sex i bet.

Splainc wrote: »
    Man sex i bet.

Ha ha.

Source?

Usually these things have to be announced due to legalities.

As was the case last time out

Liverpool are a private limited company. Don't have to announce anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Id be over the moon with Pellegrini tbf! Id be happy with Roy if he were the best man available, I honestly think we could do a lot worse, but Pellegrini would be a far better option.

Its whether hed be prepared to take the job knowing it might only be a short term appointment, given that new owners might come with their own ideas about who they want to manage. From that respect Roy might be more willing to take the job under those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Year end accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

We were a private limited company when Moores sold, were we not?

• Advertisement

That doesn't matter. Its not announced to a stock exchange. Its just announced as a matter of due dilligence. Thats what happened the last time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I would be delighted with Pellegrini. I may be wrong but didnt he finish on a club record amount of points last season with Madrid? I wouldnt judge him on that, if it wasnt for Messi having an amazing season they would have won the league at a canter. And i wouldnt base anything on someone being fired by Real, just look at what they did to Del Bosque.

We were a private limited company when Moores sold, were we not?

Yes
    Year end accounts?

every company must publish these
    That doesn't matter. Its not announced to a stock exchange. Its just announced as a matter of due dilligence. Thats what happened the last time.

We chose to announce it last time. We didn't have to.

Your wrong I'm sure. If you didn't have to announce it nobody would.

Your wrong I'm sure. If you didn't have to announce it nobody would.

He is correct.

You do not have to publicly announce anything to the media during a due diligence engagement. Also certain activities conducted by either party during due diligence can breach pre agreed confidentiality leading to a transaction failing to be completed.

Due diligence and how it is done can vary greatly in terms of public announcement, but generally the bigger the deal the less that gets known in public until the interested party is satisfied with what they are potentially buying.

The only parties that need to be informed are the shareholders/owners and any financial institutions involved, and in the case of certain industries or businesses, the local authorities/government would have to be informed if a proposed purchase was in violation of trade monopoly act or whatever similar acts were in place in that country.

Given the situation at the club, all that would legally have to be informed would be the owners, the board, and the banks.

If the potential buyer then requested a confidentiality clause, which is the norm on big deals, then no public announcement would be officially made by the selling parties nor by the buying parties until all were in agreement.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    He is correct.

You do not have to publicly announce anything to the media during a due diligence engagement. Also certain activities conducted by either party during due diligence can breach pre agreed confidentiality leading to a transaction failing to be completed.

Due diligence and how it is done can vary greatly in terms of public announcement, but generally the bigger the deal the less that gets known in public until the interested party is satisfied with what they are potentially buying.

The only parties that need to be informed are the shareholders/owners and any financial institutions involved, and in the case of certain industries or businesses, the local authorities/government would have to be informed if a proposed purchase was in violation of trade monopoly act or whatever similar acts were in place in that country.

Given the situation at the club, all that would legally have to be informed would be the owners, the board, and the banks.

If the potential buyer then requested a confidentiality clause, which is the norm on big deals, then no public announcement would be officially made by the selling parties nor by the buying parties until all were in agreement.

I'm not suggesting that it has to be announced to the media. As a matter of course it becomes public knowledge due to financial institutions having to be informed?

Anyway, I'm not an expert, so I bow to your knowledge. I was assuming that the same course of action would have been followed as the last time when due dilligence was made public knowledge during the DIC and G&H takeovers.

I'm not suggesting that it has to be announced to the media. As a matter of course it becomes public knowledge due to financial institutions having to be informed?

Anyway, I'm not an expert, so I bow to your knowledge. I was assuming that the same course of action would have been followed as the last time when due dilligence was made public knowledge during the DIC and G&H takeovers.

If there is a confidentiality agreement in place this time, then the financial institution cannot break the news without being liable, so any leaks will only start to come out when the deal is pretty much a done thing, as in the last month to three months before ownership changes hands.

The last time the club was being bought, there were literally thousands of shareholders involved, so a blanket announcement was made. Even shareholders like me who only had a couple shares got the letter telling us about it. My brother had one share and he got the letter. So with that many people informed about it, there was no chance of it staying quiet so the club went ahead and broke the news publicly.

This time out there are only two principle owners involved not thousands, so the same course of action does not need to be followed, and a public announcement would only be made once all the finer details have been agreed upon and signed off.

Basically means that when we get new owners, what will seem like breaking news to all of us probably is something that is six to nine months old, maybe longer, to those involved directly in the deal.

Might explain some of the decisions been made at the moment.

Any info on Pellegrini doing the rounds? According to his agent, "We are evaluating the move and will soon have a new meeting to better establish the details of this deal,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Could it be true?:)
    French manager Raymonde Domenech has seemingly talked himself up for the vacant manager’s job at Anfield.
    June 18, 2010 - , South Africa - The French team head coach , answers journalist questions during a news conference following Mexicos's defeat of France

Domenech has admitted he is a lifelong Liverpool supporter and hinted he would be interested in filling the role recently vacated by Rafa Benitez.

58 year old Domenech said “I have been a Liverpool fan all my life. I didn’t feel it was right to mention it previously.”

“My father was also a Liverpool supporter and every Saturday we would watch an English match on television. It was the highlight of the week.

“Liverpool matches were televised quite regularly In France and we would cheer them on. They have always been my team and nothing has changed.

“When I was starting out in coaching I was invited to Liverpool to see how they did things. I remember being showed around Anfield and going into their legendary boot room.”It was such a privilege and an honour for me to be invited in there. I will never forget that moment.

“Liverpool will always hold a special place in my heart.”

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The Muppet wrote: »

Nice try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

When I was reading through it I was thinking to myself eh... isn't this exactly what sven said? And what kinda of spurious c*nt is trotting out this twaddle. I must hover over this link to see what publication I now shall avoid like the plague. Then what did I see... Oh sir, What a rapscallion you are. Touché

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC Update

In the last month both Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC have had a significant number of approaches urging both organisations to work harder for a more formal arrangement between them.

Both organisations want to reassure their members and registrants that they entirely share the view that supporters' organisations need to work together in order to secure fan ownership of our club.

Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC have worked hard over the last few months, and particularly the last few weeks, to formalise the combined work of both organisations toward this shared objective.

There were some difficulties in developing the structure of a merged organisation but both organisations remain totally committed to working towards the same goal and have never lost sight of this fact during the dialogue.

We are pleased to say that the discussions that have been continuing have resulted in the issues between the organisations being largely resolved.

Both organisations are currently finalising the details of how a unified organisation to deliver fan ownership will work. We would hope to be able to make a formal announcement within the next couple of weeks about this, but it is reassuring that we can now look forward to coordinated supporters' ownership being pursued in tandem by both Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and your not a troll? putting up fake articles to provoke reaction and not a troll? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I know the whole team was bad but Johnson was mmmmmmmuck tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

PiE wrote: »
    I know the whole team was bad but Johnson was mmmmmmmuck tonight.

In fairness, he wasn't the only one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement