Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Headshot wrote: »
    according to the rags Hodgson will be appointed this week

Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ziggy wrote: »

True. How he gets into that Argentina team, I don't know, or why would Barcelona be interested.

Just play Messi back there, problem sorted.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ardent wrote: »
    Good.
    Where did Fulham come in the league in 08/09? Where did they come in 09/10? I like Roy but he is a MASSIVE downgrade.

Good.

Is he your first choice?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you have to be daft if pool fans want Hodgson instead of Pellegrini

K-9 wrote: »
    Is he your first choice?

No. But anyone is an improvement on Bizarro Benitez.

Thought you were on about Masch. Sorry, it would be a ludicrous thing to say about Masch.

Better than Pelligrini?

• Advertisement

What a silly thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

oh Holy God.

folks do anyone want this shirt ?

shirt-red.png

size L

never worn

Headshot wrote: »
    folks do anyone want this shirt ?

shirt-red.png

size L

never worn
    Vidic selling it? :p

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Vidic selling it? :p

do you want it?

i know your feelings for Torres :p

nah i'm good man, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I dont really get why you quoted a few words from my post, then debate it for a while and basically agree with what was said in the first place.

Mascherano = def mid = one of the best def mids. (ie, thats what he is best at).

Then you make a point about his 'overall ability' not being judged in the same way, when i clearly said in the same post he is average at what alonso could do.

Makelele was recognised as one of the best in the world 'at what he did best' and he rarely if ever crossed the half way line. Using this logic we can say everyone is overated. (as has been pointed out by others).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

shut the f**k up with your smug bullsh1t. yes. its way over daithi's head. yes, you are that amazing at football knowledge. yes. you are the fourth son of fukin rowdy roddy piper... yes, you talk absolute bullsh1t in the hopes of getting a reaction/victory because thats what footy means to you. easy to catch fish.. anamoe trout farm easy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is a excellent post and the anti Rafa heads should read it....

http://irishkop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=350776&postcount=27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Dub13 wrote: »

Fantastic post that will go over most fans heads. If you don't get it you just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mister men wrote: »
    Fantastic post that will go over most fans heads. If you don't get it you just don't get it.

What exactly is so fantastic about the post?

That a guy puts up a post yesterday full of the same facts that others have been putting up since before Rafa left?

Even in this forum, I can remember the likes of Mr Alan posting pretty much the same things for months now, and I heard nobody calling his posts on it fantastic.

In twenty years time, nobody will be seeing a lot of those achievements as anything to brag about. Similar things were said about Ged. When he left he had brought us to our highest points total in the EPL at that time, his teams had long undefeated runs that were lauded.

The thing ios that over time, what gets remembered most is trophies.

Rafa has won trophies at LFC, one massive one, and as such will be remembered fondly by history.

The bits about the owners and the money grabbing side of thing? Well I would have expected that was obvious to all but the most blinkered supporters for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Got this in an email recently, it's the winning entry to a caption competition on the Guardian :

att00001bn.jpg

"And then he replaced me with Lucas!"

I lolled quite a bit.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Got this in an email recently, it's the winning entry to a caption competition on the Guardian :

att00001bn.jpg

"And then he replaced me with Lucas!"

I lolled quite a bit.

Does your email get delivered by pigeon? :D

That pic with that line has been floating about since the start of the World cup.

And yes it was defo a LOL moment when first seen.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I only got it yesterday, I'm so out of the loop these days.

It's a crap post tbh. Another RCDNW fanatic cherry-picking useless stats to support his weak argument. At the end of the day, Benitez was sacked for a very good reason - gross underachievement after 6 seasons of failing to deliver the title at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd have to agree with Kess looks to be a summary argument of what everyone has said in all the rafa threads you could probably find a similar post by many Liverpool fans.

It's a crap post tbh. Another RCDNW fanatic cherry-picking useless stats to support his weak argument. At the end of the day, Benitez was sacked for a very good reason - gross underachievement after 6 seasons of failing to deliver the title at Anfield.

To be fair I would not regard it as a "crap post" by a "fanatic" either.

I just don't see it as a fantastic post as it is only stating what hundreds of others have said across many forums over the last X amount of months.

Tehnically what the guy said in his post is pretty much correct, it is just that the achievements he highlighted are not the kind of things that managers get remembered for in decades to come. Now being the manager that won a CL, that's an achievement that will be acknowledged in 20 or 30 years, and as such Rafa will be remembered fondly.

To be honest getting into online arguements about Rafa at this point is a bit redundant though.

He is gone. The job he went to shows that he is held in high regards. He was not a clown or useless or whatever some want to call him. I personally don't think he was the right man to take Liverpool further than he already had, but that does not lessen him in terms of being a quality manager. Sometimes a person of quality just is not the right fit for a role, that's just life.

I hope he does well in his future role(s), but once the new season begins, my loyalty is with Liverpool as always, and my burning desire will be for the manager* that is at the helm to be a success.

* This becomes invalid if O'Neill were to somehow pox his way to the role. :)

• Advertisement

I'd have to agree with Kess looks to be a summary argument of what everyone has said in all the rafa threads you could probably find a similar post by many Liverpool fans.

Thats the point I am making in asking people to read it,the way I see it is that post sums it up perfectively in a couple of paragraph's so there is no need to go trailing through different forums,threads etc.

As Kess also said the post is pretty much correct,people should read it and it should forum part of Rafa's legacy in your mind.

You can read that post and still come to the conclusion that Rafa needed to go,and thats fine thats your entitlement just remember the restraints Rafa worked under and be balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well if a player is to be judged by all possible aspects of their position, then there are suddenly a hell of a lot more overrated players out there.

Taking that logic pretty much the whole squad is overrated bar Reina and Torres.

Finally, a liverpool fan talking sense.
    What exactly is so fantastic about the post?

That a guy puts up a post yesterday full of the same facts that others have been putting up since before Rafa left?

Even in this forum, I can remember the likes of Mr Alan posting pretty much the same things for months now, and I heard nobody calling his posts on it fantastic.

In twenty years time, nobody will be seeing a lot of those achievements as anything to brag about. Similar things were said about Ged. When he left he had brought us to our highest points total in the EPL at that time, his teams had long undefeated runs that were lauded.

The thing ios that over time, what gets remembered most is trophies.

Rafa has won trophies at LFC, one massive one, and as such will be remembered fondly by history.

The bits about the owners and the money grabbing side of thing? Well I would have expected that was obvious to all but the most blinkered supporters for a long time now.

You excel with even more sense. Anyone that was here in Geds final days as Liverpool manager will remember the exact same kind of comments as we have seen about Rafa's achievements, remember the treble? Six years later Ged is berated as being useless by a majority of Pool fans largely in an attemot to justify Rafas spending.

In time I expect to see the same kind of comment about Rafa because lets be honest theres not a great difference between Geds and Rafa's achievements and in time that's exactly what they will be judged on.

Quality wrote: »
    Is it pellegrini? Or what's happening now
    Woy is still favourite as far as i know

Woy is still favourite as far as i know

Just about though, looking at some of the odds.

It went this way when Ged left if memory serves me.

One or two UK based managers being favourites for a long time, then the two favoured foreign managers (Rafa and Jose) having their odds shortened until the odds of one drew level with the odds on the favoured UK manager.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Finally, a liverpool fan talking sense.

You excel with even more sense. Anyone that was here in Geds final days as Liverpool manager will remember the exact same kind of comments as we have seen about Rafa's achievements, remember the treble? Six years later Ged is berated as being useless by a majority of Pool fans largely in an attemot to justify Rafas spending.

In time I expect to see the same kind of comment about Rafa because lets be honest theres not a great difference between Geds and Rafa's achievements and in time that's exactly what they will be judged on.

Skeptical-Hippo_500x500.jpg

Woy won't be commiting himself to a Club until after wednesday, he would be a shoe in for the English job if it becomes available later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You sure?
    I thought we were talking about Arbeloa being MOTM on his debut in the Nou Camp

Melion wrote: »
    You sure?
    I thought we were talking about Arbeloa being MOTM on his debut in the Nou Camp

Yep, you are spot on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Playground reopened.

Next person to call someone a troll will be banned for two weeks. Discuss the posts not the poster, and report anything you don't like as per the charter.

As easy as ABC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Why was it closed in the first place or should I be letting sleeping dogs lie :confused:

Please god give us Pellegrini

• Advertisement

by the way, if Capello gets the bullet he'd instantly be my favourite for the job, and one of only a couple who wouldn't be a downgrade on whats gone before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

by the way, if Capello gets the bullet he'd instantly be my favourite for the job, and one of only a couple who wouldn't be a downgrade on whats gone before.

Would he want to stay in England though?

I wouldn't mind Capello, he'd have the balls to stand up to the Americans.

Would he want to stay in England though?

I wouldn't mind Capello, he'd have the balls to stand up to the Americans.
    Unfortunately i reckon that's why it won't happen, combined wit not wanting to pay huge wages etc

No mention on here about the planned protest marches on July 4th. Should be quite a few people turning up from different fansites, different supporters groups etc.

I just got my flights today,still some cheap flights available from Dublin in and out on the day.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/4th-July-2010-_-Our-Independence-Day.html
    4th July 2010 - Our Independence Day
    Sunday 20th June 2010

As discussed at our recent EGM, Spirit Of Shankly is to host an "Independence Day" Rally at on Sunday 4th July at St George's Hall from 12 noon. Using those famous steps were Shankly himself once stood, we have a good line up of speakers and musicians, including Karen Gill, Neil Fitzmaurice, John O' Connell and Sons of Anfield, with Councillors, MP's, Ex-players and others to be confirmed shortly.

We will be officially launching our Supporter Ownership proposal, and our Declaration of Independence from Tom and George.

This event is for every Red - Young and old, Male and Female, from Bootle to Berkshire, Anfield to Aberdeen. It is our chance to come together, and say loud and clear that we don't want them here anymore.

Make sure you are there. Make sure you are heard.

"Tom and George - It's OUR club, not yours!"

Further information and acts will be announced shortly. There is no march planned. This event is for all the family and all ages will be catered for, including entertainment/food/drink. If you can be there, you need to be.

Sounds good, IMO that's exactly the type of protest the various pressure groups should be organising. A good turnout and a peaceful rally will enforce the message and put more pressure on the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Playground reopened.

Next person to call someone a troll will be banned for two weeks. Discuss the posts not the poster, and report anything you don't like as per the charter.

As easy as ABC

Xavi6, you are a troll.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Xavi6, you are a troll.

I can think of about 20 far more satisfying ways to get a 2 week ban than that. Bad waste imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Xavi6, you are a troll.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ahhhhhhhh, silence!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, silence!!!!

It is nice. Some may even say that it is golden.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement