Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

more rumours on other liverpool sites about us being sold to the brother of the man.city owner pls pls let this be true if it was ok by mods I can copy or paste what was in it or just supply a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rafa in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Calm before the storm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rafa internazionale manager.

fixed that for you

campo wrote: »
    i like to blow goats
    Fixed that for you right back! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

campo wrote: »
    more rumours on other liverpool sites about us being sold to the brother of the man.city owner pls pls let this be true if it was ok by mods I can copy or paste what was in it or just supply a link.

Paste away - something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The fella in question also sets sevants on fire so we'd be better off without him. Imagine if Riena let a soft goal in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    The fella in question also sets sevants on fire so we'd be better off without him. Imagine if Riena let a soft goal in.

Gerrard is lucky that guy was not in last season then. :D

If its the story I think it is, then its from Koptalk originally and so not worth a damn.

• Advertisement

Watching Alonso run the show tonight just shows what we missed last year.

We have nobody who can do what he does, ie control a game and spray balls all over the place, short or long. Rarely misplaces a pass too. He is almost always looking to play the ball forward.

Miss him :(

he's playing excellent stuff alright.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Watching Alonso run the show tonight just shows what we missed last year.

We have nobody who can do what he does, ie control a game and spray balls all over the place, short or long. Rarely misplaces a pass too. He is almost always looking to play the ball forward.

Miss him :(

Yeah I know what you mean.

The fact that he stands out for his quality in a team like Spain only highlights what we are missing without him.

I think he is the player whose sale baffled/angered/frustrated me the most since we sold Aldridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I know Xavi's a very, very good player but Alonso completely overshadowed him tonight imo - great performance.

Would love to see Matta come to us too if that were in any, tiny, miniscule possibility of that happening - great option out left

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Barca now entering the race for Mascha

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/barca-join-chase-for-masch
    Barcelona are hoping to trump Inter Milan after renewing their interest in wantaway Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano. On Thursday the 26-year-old's agent revealed that negotiations had taken place with Inter director Marco Branca over a possible switch to the San Siro, where he would be reunited with former Reds manager Rafael Benitez.

But the Catalan giants have since stepped up their plans for Mascherano and are planning to table a fresh bid after Benitez denied the Argentina captain a move to the Nou Camp last summer by placing a £50million price tag on his head.

Funds from Yaya Toure's imminent £25million move to Manchester City have been earmarked by Pep Guadriola to spend on his successor and Barca are hoping that Mascherano's yearing for a return to a Spanish-speaking country will weigh in their favour.

Manager-less Liverpool are keen to keep hold of the defensive midfielder but a bid of £30million could be enough to force the hand of the Anfield board, with the club's debts continuing to mount up.

Well if he's going and he is then a bidding war is just what the accountants ordered.

re Alonso, as I said in the match thread, "God I miss him. :("

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Looks like Brum are coming back in for Babel

Skysports
    Skysports.com understands Birmingham are ready to rekindle their interest in Liverpool's Ryan Babel.

Birmingham tried to sign Babel during the January transfer window, but failed to agree a deal with Liverpool.
    Blues boss Alex McLeish is thought to be a big admirer of the Dutchman and is ready to revive his attempts to lure him to St Andrews.
    McLeish has been frustrated in his attempts to sign Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia and could now turn his attentions to Babel to fill the left-sided midfield role.

Babel's future at Liverpool looks uncertain with the 23-year-old failing to live up to expectations at Anfield.

Liverpool could be tempted to cash in on Babel to help raise funds for potential new signings for whoever becomes the club's new manager.

Not sure whether I'd like to see him go to be honest. He upped his game towards the end of last season, but maybe it was too little too late or perhaps the new manager might give him the encouragement he needs

PFL wrote: »

Well if Barca want him so bad and if Yaya is thinking about moving to the north of England anyway, then they can give us Yaya and £5m for Masch.:)

then we'll try buy a replacement for half the price and wonder where we're going wrong. its a funny aul time to be a Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If we can get in a decent manager (pellegrini, hitzfeld, lippi) and we dont sell anyone I'll be delighted.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    then we'll try buy a replacement for half the price and wonder where we're going wrong. its a funny aul time to be a Liverpool fan.

Hence me half jokingly saying we should ask for Yaya plus £5m for Masch from Barca. That way we get a quality replacement and a bit of cash.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any chance pool can hurry up and hire pellegrini :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

According to the Times this morning Kenny will leave if the board appoint Hodgson.

This summer is going to be really dismal! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

dogbert27 wrote: »
    According to the Times this morning Kenny will leave if the board appoint Hodgson.

This summer is going to be really dismal! :(

And according to some of the other rags the board are trying to rush the appointment through in case Capello quits if England fail to quailify and Woy goes for that job

Hopefully it is just all tabloid gossip and they are really in for Hitzfeld or Pelligrini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kenny Dalglish opposes Liverpool appointing Roy Hodgson

Tony Barrett

Kenny Dalglish will consider his future at Liverpool if they appoint Roy Hodgson as manager, with club officials having been made aware that their kingmaker is not supportive of the proposed coronation.

Hodgson, the odds-on favourite to succeed Rafael Benítez, is the favoured candidate of the Anfield hierarchy, despite not having won a trophy in English football. It has even been suggested that his expected move from Fulham could be completed by the end of this week.

But having informed the board of his opinion that he would be the right man for the job, Dalglish, 59, has made it abundantly clear that he feels he is a better candidate for the position than Hodgson, despite his longstanding friendship with the Fulham manager.

Should Liverpool not back Dalglish’s judgment after giving him the task of spearheading their search for a new manager then they will run the risk of making his position untenable, less than a year after he returned to the club in a dual role combining ambassadorial duties with a post at the Liverpool Academy in Kirkby.

Dalglish enjoys immense popular support among the Liverpool fanbase because of his legendary status at the club he served with great success as player and manager.

A Times online survey has indicated that he is the man most Liverpool supporters would like to see replace Benítez, with 57.5 per cent of those who took part in the poll backing Dalglish. Hodgson, by contrast, attracted only 6.5 per cent of the vote, in keeping with the prevailing feeling at the club that he may have succeeded in gaining support from the board, but winning over the supporters is likely to be a more arduous task.

The Fulham manager does have some support in the Anfield dressing room, but it is by no means unanimous. While some see him as a safe pair of hands during a turbulent time in the club’s history and admire the work he did in guiding Fulham to the Europa League final last season, others question his Premier League credentials. From being seen as the unity candidate, a man of dignity who is rarely caught up in controversy, Hodgson has suddenly become a cause of division at Anfield.

Should he accept the position of manager, he will do so in the knowledge that he faces not only a battle to turn around Liverpool’s fortunes, but he will also have to confront the equally significant challenge of proving his doubters wrong.

There is growing concern that his appointment could lack credibility given that it would be made by a Liverpool board led by a chairman, Martin Broughton, who has already revealed that he will leave the club within months should the long search for new owners bear fruit, and a managing director, Christian Purslow, who continues to operate without a long-term contract, having been recruited primarily to attract much-needed investment.

One of the main reasons why Dalglish was invited to head the search for a new manager, alongside Purslow, was to lend the process a credibility it might otherwise have lacked.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article2566617.ece

Kenny Dalglish: The King turned kingmaker at Liverpool

Analysis: Tony Evans Football Editor

The gruff Glaswegian growl cut through the chatter in an incongruously upmarket London bar: “You’re either inside the tent p**sing out, or outside the tent p**sing in. Where are you?”

This was Kenny Dalglish responding to concerns that his return to Liverpool in an ambassadorial role last summer appeared to give a seal of approval to the owners. He made it clear that he was back at Anfield because he could help. He did, however, on that autumn day, endorse the role of Christian Purslow, the managing director, when questions were raised about the former equity dealer’s credentials.

Purslow is a friend, yet Dalglish will not stand idly by and watch him appoint Roy Hodgson as manager of Liverpool. Hodgson is another friend, but there are bigger matters at stake here for the Scot than personal relationships.

Dalglish does not believe the Fulham manager is the right man for the job. Purslow has the power to push the appointment through, but dare he? It is one thing to defeat Rafael Benítez after a dreadful season, quite another to take on the man who defers only to Bill Shankly as the club’s iconic figure.

Dalglish outside the tent is unthinkable. The man the Kop calls “The King” could bring torrents to bear that would wash Purslow’s entire campsite away.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article2566494.ece

Articles taken from RAWK. The times website's gone to sh*t.

I can't say things have just got interesting really. If anything, they've just got more confusing.

Dalglish was wrong to put himself forward in my view, its just made life more difficult for everyone esp Hodgson if he gets the gig.

Guardian - Liverpool in race against time for Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

So hold on - they want to sign Hodgson quickly, in case he goes for the England job if Capello quits???

Why not let him take the England job - and sign Capello?????

Capello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hodgson

Capello will cost a fortune, may not want to manage Liverpool with the state they are in and may not want to manage in England again after the way he was turned on by the media.

Capello will cost a fortune, may not want to manage Liverpool with the state they are in and may not want to manage in England again after the way he was turned on by the media.

Even taking all that into account, Capello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hodgson :D

He'll try to sign Heskey too...fúck that! :)

Even taking all that into account, Capello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hodgson :D

well, obviously.

To be honest, Pellegrini, Hitzfeld, Van Gaal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hodgson, but Hodgson is far from the worst candidate our board could appoint.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    He'll try to sign Heskey too...fúck that! :)

Heskey is an outstanding player & an absolute genius. How dare you sir.

I'm sick of seeing us linked with Woy in the papers tbh - he wouldn't be a bad manager but Pellegrinin ftw imo.

I wish one paper would run a story linking Michael O' Leary with the job for the craic :)

Heskey is an outstanding player & an absolute genius. How dare you sir.

I disagree *slaps you across face with gloves* I hereby challenge you to a duel...sir :)

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm sick of seeing us linked with Woy in the papers tbh - he wouldn't be a bad manager but Pellegrinin ftw imo.

I wish one paper would run a story linking Michael O' Leary with the job for the craic :)

He'd have the players paying for their own kit and Lucozade Sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Or no team selection for a match, just the first 11 to get queued up in the Anfield tunnel would get to play :pac:

Daemonic wrote: »
    Or no team selection for a match, just the first 11 to get queued up in the Anfield tunnel would get to play :pac:

Players wouldn't get paid if injured, we'd release a calendar every year with scantily clad female supporters, you'd have to pay to use the jax in Anfield, and other teams would have to pay to play us in Anfield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

What about Alex Ferguson? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqwJKyEPDII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

why the hell would liverpool go for Hodgson, just doesnt make sense to me

when money is tight at liverpool why spend it on hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

On hols in Lanzarote and some guy says that there is news of the Abhu dabi completed a deal (£560 mil) to purchase LFC .
    Official announcement 15th July.

I jumped on here to see any update ? Anyone heard ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's a rumour doing the rounds, hadn't heard the 15h July part though.

mixednuts wrote: »
    On hols in Lanzarote and some guy says that there is news of the Abhu dabi completed a deal (£560 mil) to purchase LFC .
    Official announcement 15th July.

I jumped on here to see any update ? Anyone heard ?

Would tie in nicely with the rumour I posted about last week regarding the timesclae for the announcements about the new manager plus the new owners, and ties in even better with what I was saying back in March and April about the Prince, and with July being a huge month.

Fingers crossed that the rumour mongers around the city have actually gotten something right.

Man City forums have same rumour:
    http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=179600

RAWK: (bout halfway down)
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=259080.4440

Also on Football Rumours
    http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

I know none are official sources, but the same story being thrown around the place must have some element of truth to it (**crosses fingers**)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would tie in nicely with the rumour I posted about last week regarding the timesclae for the announcements about the new manager plus the new owners, and ties in even better with what I was saying back in March and April about the Prince, and with July being a huge month.

Fingers crossed that the rumour mongers around the city have actually gotten something right.

Jeez I hope so , that would make me a very happy bunny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Haha one of the reply's on the Man City link

"if I had a pound for every Liverpool takeover rumour I'd take them over myself" :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Man City forums have same rumour:
    http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=179600

RAWK: (bout halfway down)
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=259080.4440

Also on Football Rumours
    http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

I know none are official sources, but the same story being thrown around the place must have some element of truth to it (**crosses fingers**)

Probably all stemming from the same place though.

I will remain firmly in the sceptics camp until something is more concrete, although like everyone else, quietly hopeful as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

5starpool wrote: »
    Probably all stemming from the same place though.

I will remain firmly in the sceptics camp until something is more concrete, although like everyone else, quietly hopeful as well.

True, it's probably all stemming from the one place. Obviously Liverpool aren't going to announce any deal if anything goes wrong in-between the proposed take-over debate.

Like anything, everybody will just have to wait for any news.

Let's not forget Kuwaitis, Indians, Dabawis and Hongkongese have all had deals supposedly wrapped up at one stage.

We'll all just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

yom 1 wrote: »
    Haha one of the reply's on the Man City link

"if I had a pound for every Liverpool takeover rumour I'd take them over myself" :p

Was so tempted to register and post a reply but resisted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

So if these rumours come to fruition are we to believe that the board are using Hodgson as a smokescreen?

The papers will rip them to pieces if they are.

And if new mega rich owners come in and still give Hodgson the job then I'll already have no faith in the new owners!

So if these rumours come to fruition are we to believe that the board are using Hodgson as a smokescreen?

re: the press - fúck 'em :)

Please, please, please let those rumours be true!!

And if new mega rich owners come in and still give Hodgson the job then I'll already have no faith in the new owners!

The way I see it, it is the press that are doing all the talking about Hodgson, and as usual it is the press making a big fuss about how an English/British manager is needed.

I have yet to see the press ask why there is no demand for these so called top class English/British managers at top clubs across Europe, let alone in England. Maybe the truth about the quality of of many of the British managers is a pill that the press don't want to swallow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement