Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Burden of proof on the defendant

In most legal systems, the courts give the benefit of the doubt to the defendant. In criminal law, he or she is presumed innocent until the prosecution can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt; whereas in civil law, he or she is presumed innocent until the plaintiff can show liability on a balance of probabilities. However, the common law of libel reverses the traditional positions somewhat: a defamatory statement is presumed to be false, unless the defendant can prove its truth. One could suggest that this amounts to a presumption of the innocence of the plaintiff in the face of an accusation levelled by the defendant. Furthermore, to collect compensatory damages, a public official or public figure must prove actual malice (knowing falsity or reckless disregard for the truth). A private individual must only prove negligence (not exercising due care) to collect compensatory damages. In order to collect punitive damages, all individuals must prove actual malice. The definition of "public figure" has varied over the years.

In related news, Steven Gerrard playing quite well on the left side of midfield. Anywhere but central and England might win it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Muppet wrote: »
    Dont be talking bull**** ,the onus of proof is on the accuser to prove their accusations.

Actually he/she is not talking bullcrap, under Civil Law in the UK the onus of proof is not on the accuser, and I think it is the same or very similar in Ireland.

Edit: Just went to the next page and saw that WK beat me to it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anyone see Roy Hodgson's analysis of England performance on BBC?

Seeing how he judges a game would make me not want him as Liverpool manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Kess73 wrote: »
    Actually he/she is not talking bullcrap, under Civil Law in the UK the onus of proof is not on the accuser, and I think it is the same or very similar in Ireland.

Edit: Just went to the next page and saw that WK beat me to it. :)

Common sense should tell you that you can not make defamatory statememts about someone and expect them to have to disprove them. If the person has not been found guilty of fraud by a court , it wouldn't be a too difficuly for hime to prove his innocence.

Knock yourself out

http://www.attorneygeneral.ie/eAct/2009/a3109.pdf

I assume the relations you mentioned work in the media, That media outlet may well have proof to back up their story but that is no guarantee that they would provide this evidence to an indivudualt that was sued for repeating the story.

We're way off topic so I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he's a conman. a fat conman for all to see.

• Advertisement

Common sense should tell you that you can not make defamatory statememts about someone and expect them to have to disprove them. If the person has not been found guilty of fraud by a court , it wouldn't be a too difficuly for hime to prove his innocence.

Knock yourself out

http://www.attorneygeneral.ie/eAct/2009/a3109.pdf

I assume the relations you mentioned work in the media, That media outlet may well have proof to back up their story but that is no guarantee that they would provide this evidence to an indivudualt that was sued for repeating the story.

We're way off topic so I'll leave it at that.

I did not mention anyone working in the media, I said they work in two of the organisations who have reported Oldham to the police, the same police who have investigated the claims and found the claims worthy of an arrest warrant if the individual comes back to the UK.

Also I have no idea why you are showing me something to do with Irish law when I am on about somebody who did what he did in the UK. Irish law means nothing in this case so quoting it to me is worthless

. Civil law is what would be in effect if he wanted to try and take me to court, and to do that he would have to return to the UK, where there are people waiting with an arrest warrant as well as tax officials waiting.

The reason I showed you Irish law is that this site is hosted in Ireland, Irish law applies here and I'd hate to see you fleeced.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

5starpool wrote: »
    No we can't. We'd need special permission from Fifa to do that as you can't be transferred twice to different clubs in such a short period of time I believe.

Rangers did it a few years back with Jean-Alain Boumsong, made a killing out of it too. He'l only have been registered to play for Liverpool this season, so moving on wouldnt be a bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's boards that would get in trouble, not the poster. Same as the whole MCD thing.

Can we just get back to LFC talk now?

It's boards that would get in trouble, not the poster. Same as the whole MCD thing.

Can we just get back to LFC talk now?

That situation has changed each individual is responsible for what they post on the internet.

I agree lets drop it.

• Advertisement

fat conman.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fat conman.

I'll be banning you for that when I,m Mod.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'll be banning you for that when I,m Mod.:D

Ye're both f*cked soon tbh.;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4708/tees.jpg

Anyone bought one of these lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

murpho999 wrote: »
    Anyone see Roy Hodgson's analysis of England performance on BBC?
    Seeing how he judges a game would make me not want him as Liverpool manager.

If I was choosing a manager on their punditry the dream team would be Didi Hamman and Denis Irwin as joint manager and Ossie Ardilles as translator

Ive actually been ridiculously impressed with hamman as a pundit. Never realised how smart/knowledgeable he was. Looking forward to seeing how his coaching career goes and wouldnt mind him coming to anfield

Now off with me to the legal discussions forum

101001 wrote: »
    If I was choosing a manager on their punditry the dream team would be Didi Hamman and Denis Irwin as joint manager and Ossie Ardilles as translator

Ive actually been ridiculously impressed with hamman as a pundit. Never realised how smart/knowledgeable he was. Looking forward to seeing how his coaching career goes and wouldnt mind him coming to anfield

Now off with me to the legal discussions forum

He's already been there as part of his studies...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Hodgson would be a good appointment IMO.

Pelligrini would probably be slightly better though but neither are a bad choice IMO. Anyway I would rate Hodgson more than Redknapp, who was supposedly approached.

He's already been there as part of his studies...

Ah now I know but not just on a daytrip. There was some rumuormongering about a Hitzfeld Hamann double act there a bit ago. Hamann as coach etc. Would like to see him knocking around on a more permanent role maybe not just yet but he certainly has smarts

Ah now I know but not just on a daytrip. There was some rumuormongering about a Hitzfeld Hamann double act there a bit ago. Hamann as coach etc. Would like to see him knocking around on a more permanent role maybe not just yet but he certainly has smarts

Bit more than a day trip. It's a starting point though. And he's already made an impression on people he could end up working with in a few years. I'd be surprised if he is not back at some stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Fowler87 wrote: »
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4708/tees.jpg

Anyone bought one of these lads?

I think the jersey looks better,I posted a link last week and it did not go down well with some..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Before we know it we could have a Hamann & Hyypia double act :)

We'd never concede, control midfield, and win every match with a Jamie Carragher header :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Dub13 wrote: »
    I think the jersey looks better,I posted a link last week and it did not go down well with some..:(

Personally, I liked the jersey as well, it looked very nice, the design was good. But I would never get one, if I'm correct it said Standards corrupted?

Although I know that's regarding the owners, it just looks like a dig at our new sponsors. They have done nothing wrong, so I personally felt it was bad taste to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Benzino wrote: »
    Personally, I liked the jersey as well, it looked very nice, the design was good. But I would never get one, if I'm correct it said Standards corrupted?

Although I know that's regarding the owners, it just looks like a dig at our new sponsors. They have done nothing wrong, so I personally felt it was bad taste to do that.

It has to mirror the official jersey for maximum impact though. And in fairness, Standard Chartered are propping up an unwelcome regime at Anfield.

It has to mirror the official jersey for maximum impact though. And in fairness, Standard Chartered are propping up an unwelcome regime at Anfield.

Every supporter who buys an official top is doing the same, maybe we should hound out those supporters for propping up an unwelcome regime.

Every supporter who buys an official top is doing the same, maybe we should hound out those supporters for propping up an unwelcome regime.

You better hang my missus so - she bought me the new home jersey as part of my Fathers Day gift.....

Standard Chartered have agreed to a huge sponsorship deal with the club. I dare say that sponsorship will remain, when the 2 Yanks finally go.

How any of the blame for the state the club is in can lie with SC is beyond me. If anything, they're the best thing (financially) to happen to the club in donkeys years.

You better hang my missus so - she bought me the new home jersey as part of my Fathers Day gift.....

Standard Chartered have agreed to a huge sponsorship deal with the club. I dare say that sponsorship will remain, when the 2 Yanks finally go.

How any of the blame for the state the club is in can lie with SC is beyond me. If anything, they're the best thing (financially) to happen to the club in donkeys years.

Spot on.

We actually have a sponsor which is ploughing a decent amount of cash into the club, unlike Carlsberg, so the first thing that happens is that their name and logo gets used in the campaign against the new owners.

Spot on.

We actually have a sponsor which is ploughing a decent amount of cash into the club, unlike Carlsberg, so the first thing that happens is that their name and logo gets used in the campaign against the new owners.

Effing ridiculous. Maybe we should put 'Nando on those tops too. After all, the yanks did put up the cash to buy him.

Guilty by association it seems :rolleyes:

Effing ridiculous. Maybe we should put 'Nando on those tops too. After all, the yanks did put up the cash to buy him.

Guilty by association it seems :rolleyes:

Bloody Torres, propping up the Yanks. :mad::mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Skysports.com understands Liverpool have lined up a move for Galatasaray boss Frank Rijkaard as they search for a new manager.

What do you think?

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    What do you think?

Does he come with a free Turan?:D

Don't think Frank is the right man for the job. He did well with Barca, but he did have the best squad in the world. How has he done at Galatasaray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Dunno how true this is but apparently it some ppl have also mentioned it on Twitter:
    http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201006242395/Liverpool-FC-News/exclusive-roy-hodgson-appointed-new-liverpool-manager.html

EXCLUSIVE: Roy Hodgson appointed new Liverpool manager
    24 June 2010

KOPTALK can exclusively reveal that Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The Fulham manager was always the bookies favourite to land the job despite the Reds having considered several alternatives including former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish wanted the job but was turned down flat by the current Anfield board. One of Hodgson's first jobs will be to try and persuade his friend to remain at the club.

Dalglish has so far rejected the opportunity to be appointed as Director of Football but maybe he will reconsider when things settle down.

Hodgson has agreed terms with Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow but no official announcement will be made until Fulham and Liverpool finalise a compensation payment.

Later today Hodgson is due to talk to senior members of the Liverpool coaching staff to help him come to a decision as to who should be his assistant.

Hodgson is not on Merseyside at this time and is unlikely to be until everything is official. That doesn't need to be rushed though with Liverpool's players currently down in South Africa or away on their holidays.

Although Liverpool have finally found their new manager, there's still no sign of any new owners. As previously reported by KOPTALK, Liverpool have recently lost Sheikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi and at least one Indian bidder as a result of the ridiculous valuation of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Dunno how true this is but apparently it some ppl have also mentioned it on Twitter:

It's Koptalk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Koptalk..:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'm just posting it... like I said no idea if it is true but it is at least out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Don't think Frank is the right man for the job. He did well with Barca, but he did have the best squad in the world. How has he done at Galatasaray?

He did a good job with the Dutch national team as well, he's the kind of manager they should be looking at. IMHO he is up there with the top crop of younger European managers out there.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6226231,00.html

They finished 3rd i think and are in the chapmions league qualifiers.

KOPTALKINSIDER.WORDPRESS.COM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What a weird dream i had last night :D

I somehow met Nando and got talking to him, i asked about managers. He said he would ask to leave if Woy got the job, but he would love if Pellegrini got it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

wtf is up with all the koptalk links these days, they never used to get brought up until recently. In reality, if they are saying something, its actually a fairly safe bet that thing is not occurring. its like the opposite of insider news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

he did purchase most of them and he brought through the likes of valdes and iniesta

he'd be a better option than Woy and he is a big name too

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    he did purchase most of them and he brought through the likes of valdes and iniesta

he'd be a better option than Woy and he is a big name too

Not sure if i like the idea of Rijkard. Is managing Barcelona a true test of a manager? Im pretty sure that Roy'd do a decent job given their resources too.

He didn't do too good a job at Rotterdam and isn't Galatasary like the ugly bird at the end of the night... 'none of the better options want me but I still fancy a shag'

Not sure if i like the idea of Rijkard. Is managing Barcelona a true test of a manager? Im pretty sure that Roy'd do a decent job given their resources too.

He didn't do too good a job at Rotterdam and isn't Galatasary like the ugly bird at the end of the night... 'none of the better options want me but I still fancy a shag'

He does get his teams playing well as a unit though, and he favours an attacking style.

He does, as a manager, have two spanish titles to his name, two Spanish cups, and the cl.

You ask if managing Barca is a true test of a manager. Pep gets a hell of a lot of praise for his managing job at Barca, so Rijkaard deserves the same for winning almost as much there. Wining the Spanish League, Spanish cup, and CL in one season is quite a feat, and worthy of the same praise and hyperbole as Pepe gets for doing so.

Plus getting Holland to the semi finals of a major tournament as a 39 year manager is no mean feat, going out on penos,and it was done so playing some really good football.

At 47 years of age he does not have a bad track record so far, and he may be the type of name that could attract some good players.

Would not be against him as an appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bit harsh to be fair. The team he inherited was in a spot of turmoil with big financial losses and with a lot of old players.

He brought in a whole new team almost, buying Deco, Giuly, Marquez and Eto'o and from the youths he brought through Valdés, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta et al.

The Barca that is there today is only there because of Laporta and Rijkaard.

The only worry i'd have is that his most proven success was with a team with a wealth of attacking talent. Without that talent at Liverpool (bar Gerrard and Torres), particularly on the flanks, i'd wonder if his style could be imposed on our team with success (i'd love if it could though because its a fantastic style!).

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Bit harsh to be fair. The team he inherited was in a spot of turmoil with big financial losses and with a lot of old players.

He brought in a whole new team almost, buying Deco, Giuly, Marquez and Eto'o and from the youths he brought through Valdés, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta et al.

The Barca that is there today is only there because of Laporta and Rijkaard.

The only worry i'd have is that his most proven success was with a team with a wealth of attacking talent. Without that talent at Liverpool (bar Gerrard and Torres), particularly on the flanks, i'd wonder if his style could be imposed on our team with success (i'd love if it could though because its a fantastic style!).

Interesting about the flanks, because I reckon an advantage of appointing him would be his understanding and experience of Dutch football, which could bring the best out of Kuyt and Babel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

no manager has a 100% record, sure rafa didnt do great in his first management jobs

wouldnt hold that against him at all

wtf is up with all the koptalk links these days, they never used to get brought up until recently.

Quite strangely on the 06/06/2010, I got a pm from a user with 2 posts since July 2009 linking me to a koptalk article. He was saying that he doesn't post here but he thinks this info was so vital that someone needed to get it up on the thread.

Me thinks Koptalk is having some sort of promotional drive recently, the spurge of articles appearing from them recently here can't be just co-incidence.

Bit harsh to be fair.
    Ah yeah I'll concede that. Twas more kind of a question as its something im not sure about myself. I just don't know if he can do the job that needs to be done with the players we have as you said yourself.

Barcelona is a very different beast to Liverpool atm and from what i know of the Dutch around 2000 they weren't that enamored with him either. And Galatasary... Souness? But they are my own biases and really shouldn't be a foundation of a logical argument. But seriously... Galatasary?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Quite strangely on the 06/06/2010, I got a pm from a user with 2 posts since July 2009 linking me to a koptalk article. He was saying that he doesn't post here but he thinks this info was so vital that someone needed to get it up on the thread.

Me thinks Koptalk is having some sort of promotional drive recently, the spurge of articles appearing from them recently here can't be just co-incidence.

The chosen one, I wonder why the picked you AL? :p

The tin foil hats are out in force today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done Skittles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Info has been all over the place and utterly unreliable this summer, changing on a week to week basis.

First it was Hodgson, two weeks ago it was definitely Kenny. Now it's Hodgson again.

Unfortunately Kraptalk probably have it right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement