Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Melion wrote: »
    Torres' right leg(i think) catches the right knee of the chilean

It 110% does.

Jazzy wrote: »
    jesus... a football players reputation is worth f**k all when it comes to cheating. Torres has dived before, he dived tonight and he will dive again.

If you think thats a foul then frankly, your opinion of what is or isnt a foul is worth f-all tbf. just because its fernando torres doesnt mean it wasnt embarrassing. the mere fact that you are even trying to defend it and say that torres went down fairly is making all liverpool fans here look bad. please stop

Nothing to do with Torres, it was a foul. Where did i say Torres 'went down fairly'? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It 110% does.

Still not a foul though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Torres made a pigs ear of that, no question.

But before the droolers get on their high horses:

Professional players dive, from all teams, in all leagues. They also foul cynically from all over the footballing world; remonstrate with referees; try to get away with handballs etc, etc.

If you attempt to kick up some fuss about this or any other similar incident to make some sort of club on club point you are ignoring reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I do not see it at all!
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nah my friend, I meant that it was embarassing to see how much of a dive it was. :P

It is ridiculous, and I feckin' love him like. :(

Still not a foul though

It wasn't a professional foul, but it was a foul. The ref probably shouldn't have given a direct free kick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It 110% does.

Even if it was a foul, there was no need to roll around for 5 mins. That's the issue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Should be able to offer some excellent opinions on the match so.

Do you agree it was a foul?

that was clearly not a foul!....

Even if it was a foul, there was no need to roll around for 5 mins. That's the issue!!

5 minutes??

mink_man wrote: »
    that was clearly not a foul!....

It was a foul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

5 minutes??

Jesus christ!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Nothing to do with Torres, it was a foul.

well then you dont know what a foul is

It wasn't a professional foul, but it was a foul. The ref probably shouldn't have given a direct free kick though.

Im sorry but what? Want to explain that bit?

Spain scored straight away, no free kick was given

Jesus christ!

He wasn't on the ground for 5 minutes. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

But before the droolers get on their high horses:

Professional players dive, from all teams, in all leagues. They also foul cynically from all over the footballing world; remonstrate with referees; try to get away with handballs etc, etc.

If you attempt to kick up some fuss about this or any other similar incident to make some sort of club on club point you are ignoring reality.

Supporters do it all the time though, look at the way people took the high moral ground over Thierry.

As I have said before, player from your team does something, its clever play or ah well everyone does it, something is done against your team, its cheating/ shameful and of course you get the old well if one of my players did it, I would be honest and call them a cheat line.

Jazzy wrote: »
    well then you dont know what a foul is

I do, I looked it up in google to make sure.

I do, I looked it up in google to make sure.

Ah jesus, you have to be on a wind-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It 110% does.

so free out for torres kicking the defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Professional players dive, from all teams, in all leagues. They also foul cynically from all over the footballing world; remonstrate with referees; try to get away with handballs etc, etc. .

and every one of them should be publically lambasted for it, especially by their own fans

• Advertisement

Ah jesus, you have to be on a wind-up

What gave it away? :D

Helix wrote: »
    and every one of them should be publically lambasted for it, especially by their own fans

The only person trying to defend Nando is wobblyknees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

if thats a foul then I'm Lionel Messi which is obvious, im not which means that isnt a foul!

Helix wrote: »

Precisely my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It is seriously dodgy.

Well played wobblyknees, well played.

What it has got to do with Liverpool, I don't know, but it must have some link, hence all the posts.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Torres was not looking at player, so when he felt contact he assumed it was deliberate and went down accordingly , because when you think you were kicked you go down, but it wasn't a kick, seems to me torres trailing leg caught chileans player just below knee,
    so it wasn't a foul or a dive, as its not diving to go down when u think the contact you received was on purpose ,
    but in replay torres will himself know it was a cumming together, and probably has already said sorry to player involved,
    as for the fact torres stayed down so long, he felt it was a personal attack, a off the ball deliberate lash out by chilean, and was making sure ref took action,
    but again the replay will show that in fact it was not a off the ball lash out,

The defence rests :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

mink_man wrote: »
    if thats a foul then I'm Lionel Messi which is obvious, im not which means that isnt a foul!

any chance of an autograph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Torres was not looking at player, so when he felt contact he assumed it was deliberate and went down accordingly , because when you think you were kicked you go down, but it wasn't a kick, seems to me torres trailing leg caught chileans player just below knee,
    so it wasn't a foul or a dive, as its not diving to go down when u think the contact you received was on purpose ,
    but in replay torres will himself know it was a cumming together, and probably has already said sorry to player involved,

The defence rests :D

Jesus Christ, its thinking like that that allows pussies like Torres, Ronaldo, Iniesta and co. to get away with.

Just because you think there was contact doesn't rule it out being a dive. A dive is choosing to go down when you could just as easily stay on your feet. You've said Torres thought it was deliberate so he went down accordingly

THAT MAKES IT A DIVE.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, its thinking like that that allows pussies like Torres, Ronaldo, Iniesta and co. to get away with.

Just because you think there was contact doesn't rule it out being a dive. A dive is choosing to go down when you could just as easily stay on your feet. You've said Torres thought it was deliberate so he went down accordingly

THAT MAKES IT A DIVE.

It wasn't, he was clearly fouled. Even if it was unintentional.

THAT MAKES IT A DIVE.

no it doesnt , going down when you feel u been fouled is ok, of course the player can be wrong and replay might prove that contact was not a foul,but at time in players head he assumes it is as he hasnt eyes in back of his head,,
    a dive is when no contact is made,, yet player dives to ground to try will a free kick or pen

no it doesnt , going down when you feel u been fouled is ok, of course the player can be wrong and replay might prove that contact was not a foul,but at time in players head he assumes it is as he hasnt eyes in back of his head,,
    a dive is when no contact is made,, yet player dives to ground to try will a free kick or pen

You've just described a dive, well done.

People dont seem to realise a foul and a dive can occur at the same time. Use your head for Christ's sake.

• Advertisement

People dont seem to realise a foul and a dive can occur at the same time. Use your head for Christ's sake.

He wasn't looking at the Chilean player when he felt contact so it can't be a dive. :confused:

He wasn't looking at the Chilean player when he felt contact so it can't be a dive. :confused:

That make's fúck all sense and you know it. Stop trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Torres tripped over his own leg imo, i wasnt minding whether he was looking for a free or 'pretended' to be injured, but the ref just persumed he had been clipped from behind so he gave him the yellow, that was my view of it

That make's fúck all sense and you know it. Stop trolling.

:eek: Stop taking the internet so seriously man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

stop wasting time, man!

well it was an off the ball foul in torres's mind, so he did stay down a long time for lil contact that was made
    so that is wrong, but torres did not realise at time it was an accident,
    i'm thinking he thought he was kicked off the ball, so had every right to stay down and bring attention to the incident,
    But he was WRONG, clearly no foul ,yet contact was made so had right to go down as he thought it was deliberate, if only he had eyes in back of his head, then he would have seen what happened and just popped up and continued game,
    show me a foul where he dives with zero contact made,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Real football fans have strong opinions on things even the smallest of incidents which is why it makes the game so interesting and gets people together on a site like this chatting genuinely about it, but it seems your are seriously taking the piss on this incident and then you go and tell someone to lighten up, seriously man quit the bullsh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

well it was an off the ball foul in torres's mind, so he did stay down a long time for lil contact that was made
    i'm thinking he thought he was kicked off the ball, so had every right to stay down and bring attention to the incident,
    But he was WRONG, clearly no foul ,yet contact was made so had right to go down as he thought it was deliberate, if only he had eyes in back of his head, then he would have seen what happened and just popped up and continued game,

Brilliant.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

anything about L.F.C

anything about L.F.C

exactly, :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

That is exactly what happened.

Sometimes when i read posts on this forum i wonder whether some folk have ever played ball themselves.

Id also just make a point that the player who got the yellow had been lucky not to get a second yellow previously.

In respect of liverpool fc, torres looks a million miles off full fitness imo. Not that i give a monkeys what he does for spain.

daithijjj wrote: »
    That is exactly what happened.

Sometimes when i read posts on this forum i wonder whether some folk have ever played ball themselves.

Id also just make a point that the player who got the yellow had been lucky not to get a second yellow previously.

In respect of liverpool fc, torres looks a million miles off full fitness imo. Not that i give a monkeys what he does for spain.

You two have hopped the fence here. You're telling me:

1) It's okay to pretend you're more hurt than you actually are and stay on the ground for a long time if you think you were touched off the ball irrespective of whether you're actually sore or not;

2) If you are touched you have every right to throw yourself to the ground irrespective of whether the contact is sufficient to knock you off your feet or not;

And to top it off, if one disagrees with the above, they clearly haven't played ball themselves? :confused:

1221020552628.gif

I'm off into town to watch an Irish team play a man's sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm off into town to watch an Irish team play a man's sport.
    Indeed. Best of luck to the womens under 17's!

Real football fans have strong opinions on things even the smallest of incidents which is why it makes the game so interesting and gets people together on a site like this chatting genuinely about it, but it seems your are seriously taking the piss on this incident and then you go and tell someone to lighten up, seriously man quit the bullsh*t

Hahahaahha. Ok, you're right. I promise I'll go to the pub this afternoon to watch a game of football and I'll make an extra special effort to shout at the tv when something happens. Will that make me a real football fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Car crash overnighter I see, anyway it seems LFC have tried to get Didier Deschamps but its been rebuffed in no uncertain terms by his boss.

Pighead wrote: »
    Indeed. Best of luck to the womens under 17's!

Clever.

mike65 wrote: »
    Car crash overnighter I see, anyway it seems LFC have tried to get Didier Deschamps but its been rebuffed in no uncertain terms by his boss.

lg_hp-sauce-big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Look it up! I've had up to here with this thread! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Hilarious write-up of this from PA:
    Marseille claim Deschamps approach
    (UKPA) – 43 minutes ago
    Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier has revealed Liverpool have contacted him about Didier Deschamps, but he has told them they have no chance of tempting the Ligue 1 winning coach away from Stade Velodrome.
    Speculation has been rife over who will take charge at Anfield since Rafael Benitez left the club at the beginning of the month, with Kenny Dalglish and Roy Hodgson among the current frontrunners. However, Dassier claims Deschamps is the man Liverpool want.
    "It's true, Liverpool's executive director, Christian Purslow, called me Thursday morning," the OM chief told L'Equipe.
    "He speaks French very well, is very polite. I was expecting his call because I had heard of Liverpool's interest in Didier. He asked me if I would allow him to meet Didier and (agent) Jean-Pierre Bernes.
    "I replied that I would never forbid anyone from meeting whoever.
    "I also kindly indicated to him that there wasn't the slightest chance for him to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams."

I like this guy's style.

Giving Purslow the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he's not just flapping about in a blind panic, this and the rumoured approach to Frank Rijkaard make it sound like we're still at the short-listing stage as opposed to the "about to announce appointment of Roy Hodgson" stage.

• Advertisement

Look it up! I've had up to here with this thread! :mad:

Why, because someone asked you where you had read a story?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement