Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Well the man making the decisions seems to share my opinion, thats all that matters. Your opinion thankfully means nothing.

so you think being on the same wavelength as G+H is a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Yeah whats your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well the man making the decisions seems to share my opinion, thats all that matters. Your opinion thankfully means nothing.

Purslow? Isn't he the one you have slagged off on here as being useless and a snake in the grass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Guys, ignore the trolls. They've been out in force the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Kess73 wrote: »
    At a guess about as many as that called for Ged's head and then backed Rafa. :p

I did not realise that thinking one manager had taken the club as far as he could meant you could not support a new manager until he has shown whether he is good enough or not.

I'm not suggesting it does, I'm just trying to stir a bit of debate that's all. I find that fans support, or lack of, is cyclical and I'm always interested in hearing peoples justifications for say throwing their weight behind a manager when he does well, but quite as easily withdrawing the support when there is a bit of a rough patch a short time later.

What you say about Houllier/Rafa is interesting as it applies in a big way now re Rafa/Roy. I think many people will give Roy his chance if he gets it, even though, in my opinion, Roy just doesn't have the previous record in the English leagues to take on such a difficult task.

Purslow? Isn't he the one you have slagged off on here as being useless and a snake in the grass?

I don't remember saying anything of the sort.

He's doing a brilliant job for the club and making good decisions. Including sacking Benitez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

To be honest if you love Hitzfeld so much, maybe you should marry him.

:D

worse come back everrrrrrrr

flahavaj wrote: »
    Don't worry lads I'll be banning wobblyknees when my moderatorship is confirmed in the next few days.

And what is it I will say or do in the future that you'll be banning me for? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

And what is it I will say or do in the future that you'll be banning me for? :confused:

Pleae refrain from arguing with a mod on thread. If you have a problem start a feedback thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Pleae refrain from arguing with a mod on thread. If you have a problem start a feedback thread.
    bbbaaaaaaahaaha. i really do hope you abuse your power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah whats your point?

id rather keep my access to the SF, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

He lost a bet, and the terms were that he had to give up his access to the footy forum.

10dtvf7.jpg

event wrote: »
    id rather keep my access to the SF, cheers

To be honest, I don't think you'd be a big loss.:D

To be honest if you love Hitzfeld so much, maybe you should marry him.

simple-jack.jpg

simple-jack.jpg

Thats very funny. You did well there. Good lad.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

simplejack wrote: »
    Thats very funny. You did well there. Good lad.:rolleyes:

Yep I thought it was quite funny too, Jack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

thats the problem stumpy, you went fully retarded.. you'll never get that oscar if you go full retard. think forest gump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Are you a moderator now?

Yep I thought it was quite funny too, Jack.

Oh it was. It was an absolute zinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

daithijjj wrote: »
    Are you a moderator now?

Banned for questioning a mod.

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    thats the problem stumpy, you went fully retarded.. you'll never get that oscar if you go full retard. think forest gump

I'm sorry I'm not really into Ben Stiller or his ilk. Little low brow for me but I'm sure you get a great kick out of it.

I'm sorry I'm not really into Ben Stiller or his ilk. Little low brow for me but I'm sure you get a great kick out of it.

Oh yes far too low brow for you. :D

You are the Baucher of this forum.

See, I can say something semi nice to you.

Oh yes far too low brow for you. :D

You are the Baucher of this forum.

See, I can say something semi nice to you.

Not sure of the reference, but I'll take the compliment in good faith.

Here's to you, Mrs Hitzfeld.;)

Not sure of the reference, but I'll take the compliment in good faith.

Here's to you, Mrs Hitzfeld.;)

Not sure of the reference?

Bit of a surprise that since you claimed to love Dressage not too long ago.

Guess that was made up as well then. Francois Baucher is one of the men who had the greatest impact on modern dressage and is probably still the most divisive subject amongst fans of dressage nowdays despite Baucher being dead almost 140 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

3236338985_667e50dcf0.jpg

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    3236338985_667e50dcf0.jpg

What can I say? I know I should not feed them, but I was bored.

buddy%20christ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lads please cut it out.

Cheers.

Bit of a surprise that since you claimed to love Dressage not too long ago.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    anyone who thinks that, by the looks of it, we won't end up paying about 10m to replace our existing manager with an far inferior one is deluded. unbelievable stuff really.

Yawn.

• Advertisement

Back to football.

Its good to know Purslow has started to interview candidates of the caliber of Deschamps. I don't think Hodgson is the shoe in he seemed.

Of the candidates we do know, who would most people fancy?

Pellegrini, Deschamps, Riikard, Hodgson?

For the benefit of Kess, Hitzfeld as of yet is not an option. And considering the catastrophic shambles the Swiss made of the World Cup I doubt he will be.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh you wanna talk about the fine stylings of high brow comedy or something? id be happy to completely lambast you and make you feel about this -- big (the space in between the dashes professor), but this is a football forum and a liverpool thread. start a thread here if ya wanna chat about how much smarter you are then us and how your comedy tastes are beyond one of the best comedians for the 20 years

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh you wanna talk about the fine stylings of high brow comedy or something? id be happy to completely lambast you and make you feel about this -- big (the space in between the dashes professor), but this is a football forum and a liverpool thread. start a thread here if ya wanna chat about how much smarter you are then us and how your comedy tastes are beyond one of the best comedians for the 20 years

Your embarrasing yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself. Its not nice to watch.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Your embarrasing yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself. Its not nice to watch.
    :o

Are you two for real? Cut it out now or I can haz banhammer.

oh didnt see your other post.. was alt tabbing a lot :s

Back to football.

Its good to know Purslow has started to interview candidates of the caliber of Deschamps. I don't think Hodgson is the shoe in he seemed.

Of the candidates we do know, who would most people fancy?

Pellegrini, Deschamps, Riikard, Hodgson?

For the benefit of Kess, Hitzfeld as of yet is not an option. And considering the catastrophic shambles the Swiss made of the World Cup I doubt he will be.

For the benefit of you, the agents of Rijkard, Pelligrini, Deschamps and Hitzfeld have all said that contact has been made by Liverpool plus there have been reports in Germany that van Gaal's agent has been approached with regards to his client.

If names like Hitzfeld, van Gaal, Pelligrini and Rijkard are genuinely being looked at, then the likes of Deschamps, Hodgson etc would not be the preferred choices of anyone with any knowledge of the game.

The first three would be strong appointments, Rijkard could be an interesting choice as he is a young manager who has some kind of track record and has actually won major trophies.

Hodgson would be the choice if we are either looking for a stop gap or just want somebody who can simply steady the ship but not worry the genuine title contenders in England over the next few years, and Deschamps would be a bit of a joke signing at this point in his career with his lack of general experience and/or lack of any consistent time at top level management, although a signing like Deschamps might be something the clowns running the club might see as a top appointment.

Of course there is always the possibilty of a manager that has not been mentioned coming in and getting the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'd be a bit disappointed with the appointment of Roy, but I can see why they want him.

With Pellegrini et al. available and for little or no compensation, I can't see why we wouldn't be going for them though?

Anyone see that Inter have said they don't want Masch anymore, they think he's too expensive and want Melo(l) instead :D

Frisbee wrote: »
    Are you two for real? Cut it out now or I can haz banhammer.
    Pshh. I'd like to see you try.
    Yeah! You haven't got the balls to ban anyone!

Are you seriously going to take this crap Frisbee?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If we can't have Hitzfeld or Lippi then I would like Pelligrini. Then maybe Rijkard.

Anyone else is meh meh meh in my humble opinion.

• Advertisement

If we can't have Hitzfeld or Lippi then I would like Pelligrini. Then maybe Rijkard.

Anyone else is meh meh meh in my humble opinion.

I would be very unsure about Lippi. He seems to jump ship very quickly. Hasn't he had something like ten clubs in the twenty year spell before he took the Italian national job.

I would also be a bit worried that he may fall into the same trap as Rafa, in that he gets overly tactical for every game, especially against the smaller teams.

Given Rafa's style is massively based on that of Lippi's, I think I would prefer something a bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I cant see anything other than an interim or short term appointment. Basically, who is going to take a job that they could be out of as soon as new owners are found.

And i wouldnt pay any heed to what any rep for any manager says either, most of the time it is posturing for their client. Liverpool want him so you need to make a better offer type stuff.

I wouldnt really know what the next boss is going to be offered but id guesstimate that there would be some severe restrictions to the offer. Its all well and good asking agents of top managers but who in their right mind would take us at the moment. I really dont want a man to come in where im not sure of their motives. And i dont want a man whos going to take the job just coz hes out of a job. My gut feeling says hodgson would like the role, he would like the challenge and if he was offered only 1 year i think hed give it everything he had. His players at fulham are full of praise for him, he helped/guided the career of a non league player who will play at old trafford next season. Hes not my 'fantasy' choice but our club it not exactly a box office attraction at the moment. He has my backing anyway if he does come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not sure if theres much to read into this but it could be a longer summer than originally thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would anyone be surprised if he jumped ship for Inter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mike65 wrote: »
    Would anyone be surprised if he jumped ship for Inter?

Kuyt?

Not in the slightest IMO
    Didn't Benitez ask him not to sign a new contract until he himself got a new contract at Liverpool, and Kuyt did just that...
    He would follow Benitez if he was wanted no doubt....

Kuyt?

Not in the slightest IMO
    Didn't Benitez ask him not to sign a new contract until he himself got a new contract at Liverpool, and Kuyt did just that...
    He would follow Benitez if he was wanted no doubt....

Did this actually happen?

• Advertisement

Did this actually happen?

This is what the Times had up about it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article5822378.ece

I remember that, Benitez contract negotiations took place before a number of players in the squad. It's a bit different to Benitez telling asking players not to sign a new contract until he does though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's a bit different to Benitez telling asking players not to sign a new contract until he does though.

Its 100% different.

I must say that is worrying to me if true.

Hard to say it as anything other than a misuse of the powers of your position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

noodler wrote: »
    I must say that is worrying to me if true.

Hard to say it as anything other than a misuse of the powers of your position.

That it is.. I didn't like it at the time despite wanting him to stay. I think the same thing happened with Agger and one or two others as well..

One thing though, he lost the dressing room is record time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement