Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    First of all, it was a punch up between a man and a child.

Secondly, this isn't GAA. He's paid, and paid incredibly well.

Thirdly, and most importantly for me, is the sheer disrespect he showed for the manager, the board and the club.

He can go fuck himself imo.

a slap never harmed anyone Jesus it's a mans game and we don't know what was said and what wasn't. I agree he was disrespectful to rafa but I'm sure he only said what a lot were thinking . for me the slates wiped clean and I hope he stays. you must remember fans are very fickle and if we hopeful have a decent season next year and he's a leading light nobody will care what happened last season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

mike65 wrote: »
    Mr Alan is a bit of an incurable angry romantic I think, the Byron or Blake of football.

jesus, if thats the standard then Boggles is bloody shakespeare :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,129 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

a slap never harmed anyone Jesus it's a mans game and we don't know what was said and what wasn't. I agree he was disrespectful to rafa but I'm sure he only said what a lot were thinking . for me the slates wiped clean and I hope he stays. you must remember fans are very fickle
    Apparantly.
    and if we hopeful have a decent season next year and he's a leading light nobody will care what happened last season
    Would look incredibly weak from the board imo, to have been directly insulted by the player, after he'd lambasted his manager, to keep him. They pay his wages, he can fuck himself.

Also, one of the major reasons for last season was shit attitudes from a lot of players, Riera being one of the worst. Demanding to be played, despite being in absolutely torrid form with other players playing better than him in his position. He had absolutely no right to be on the field.

This wasn't the first time he's done this, sure remember how he left Espanyol!

Better off without an unnecessary cause of strife in the dressing room. Now is the time to try to build a united team who can play for each other. Riera has shown across 2 clubs now that he's not a man who can be trusted to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't help but think that this attitude is the reason why Fianna Fáil are still running this country.

Ooooh

Overzealous comparison of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can't remember the punch up incident.

But I just re-read some of his comments that got him in trouble.

Benitez doesn't listen to any of the players. Probably true given the unrest amongst players that untimately cost him his job.

Liverpool don't play attractive football. Thats pretty accurate.

Liverpool are a sinking ship. Again spot on.

I like this Riera guy, he's like Liverpools Roy Keane.;)
    a slap never harmed anyone Jesus it's a mans game and we don't know what was said and what wasn't. I agree he was disrespectful to rafa but I'm sure he only said what a lot were thinking . for me the slates wiped clean and I hope he stays. you must remember fans are very fickle and if we hopeful have a decent season next year and he's a leading light nobody will care what happened last season

The temptation to welcome back a player we may well nedd is obvious but come on lads.

You undermine everything your fellow teammates, staff, management etc work for by making comments like that just because you aren't getting your game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't help but think that this attitude is the reason why Fianna Fáil are still running this country.

G'way you aul blueshirt :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anybody heare going to this...?a big group of us heading over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant believe people are saying they want Riera to play for Liverpool again. A good player when he's on form but he was a disgrace last season, expecting to play when he was in shíte form. Did nothing to try and turn it around either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jazzy wrote: »

i think you need to let him go.

he's not been around for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,408 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cartoonbird2.jpg

Wow. Some people want Riera back? Really? Jaysus, I hear, see and read more and more things that make me think we have a significant portion of our fanbase that simply don't deserve success. They aren't worthy of it.

Riera can go and stick a rusty pipe deep up his gash. I don't ever want to see him take the field for us again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Wow. Some people want Riera back? Really? Jaysus, I hear, see and read more and more things that make me think we have a significant portion of our fanbase that simply don't deserve success. They aren't worthy of it.

Riera can go and stick a rusty pipe deep up his gash. I don't ever want to see him take the field for us again.

Riera has absolutely no class whatsoever. He will not be welcome back if he plays again.

I'm sorry did I miss the news that riera was a child abuser and serial rapist. no he spoke out against saint rafa which is probably a worse crime in the eyes of many on here

I'm sorry did I miss the news that riera was a child abuser and serial rapist. no he spoke out against saint rafa which is probably a worse crime in the eyes of many on here
    So you honestly think its fine what he did? You've hopped the fence baby. Hopped the ****ing fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Bit Harsh? :D

Riera has been poor for over a year IMO. He hasn't had a good game since 08/09 season. We have better availible and his attitude stinks. Even without his outburst etc i think we'd be better off without TBH.

He's a nothing player, a cod.......baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well we're not exactly flooded with a wealth of options out on the left. Maybe Woy will bwing Duff with him...

never hopped no fence my opinions haven't changed I am rafa fan always was always will be. but he's long gone and we need all resources possible for what will be a long season, the chap said what he felt not like a lot of players in the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jazzy wrote: »

Well if that is the case, then I would argue that we have a Dante, a Dickinson (Emily not Bruce:)), and maybe even a Skaldtorfuson on here. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

doc_17 wrote: »
    I enjoy the talk about Roy being able to get the best out of players. We'll see how good he is when he meets Ryan Babel!! That'll test him. For all those that rate Babel, I don't, and think Roy is the man to turn us around then they will be interested to see what happens in that particular situation.

I agree

never hopped no fence my opinions haven't changed I am rafa fan always was always will be. but he's long gone and we need all resources possible for what will be a long season, the chap said what he felt not like a lot of players in the club

He had no right to say what he did.
    None.

He should say what he has to behind closed doors.
    If he did he should leave it at that.

We really dont need that in the club.
    **** him TBH

Dub13 wrote: »
    Anybody heare going to this...?a big group of us heading over.

Yep will be heading back home for the day, and turning out at it with the brother.

Should be a pretty good turnout, and looks like there will be a good media presence at it as well.

• Advertisement

THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAFA!!

This is everything to do with a guy who gets paid good money to play for our club performing poorly for an extended period and instead of working his ass off to improve / contribute more and get back into the starting 11 he decides to throw the toys out of the pram and cry to the media during a critical point in the squad's season. In the process disrespecting so much of what the club is supposed to be about. He can **** off. Seriously.

So tilted over this, wow. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well if that is the case, then I would argue that we have a Dante, a Dickinson (Emily not Bruce:)), and maybe even a Skaldtorfuson on here. ;)

Al is more of a Stephen King, just spamming the books out :p

what did reira do recently to garner such attention here? Im surprised hes not gone tbh... its amazing, we can off load a smashing playing like yossi to a rival club (waiting for the slew of trolls to go "derp derp chelski arent a rival club derp man city and villa are derp") in double quick time but we cant sell sum1 who hasnt been wanted for the best part of the year? are they giving each other piggy back rides around the office or some sh1t down on anfield road...

"paid highly and performed poorly for extended period" in all fairness mate this could describe half of our squad last season. sure what he said was wrong, we all do but for me it's a clean slate when the new manager comes in and I will always be in the" win at all costs" camp maybe this is why I feel this way

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭dixierip

I really am not sure about Hodgson. I appreciate the safe pair of hands argument but am not sure how he would cope with the expectations and pressures of the Liverpool job. A good manager no doubt who thrived at a club like Fulham where expectations were minimal.
    But at Liverpool where despite the current predicament Rafa was moved on for a perceived lack of success.
    Fulham finished 12th in the premier league and I appreciate that this had alot to do with resting players for Europa Cup efforts but yet I worry about his potential to manage a 'big' club.
    I can't help being reminded of Mike Walker getting the Everton job largely on the back of guiding Norwich on a good European run.
    This is a man who has never really achieved at the highest level (you can argue if or not Liverpool are still in this category). He was handed which was at the time a large transfer kitty by Jack Walker at Blackburn and notably spent 7.5 million on Kevin Davies and was later sacked while they lay at the bottom of the table.
    Maybe I'm wrong and he is the steady hand that Liverpool require at present but I genuinely feel this club is in for difficult times ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep will be heading back home for the day, and turning out at it with the brother.

Should be a pretty good turnout, and looks like there will be a good media presence at it as well.

What flights are you on...?I am on the first out of Dub and the last back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

sky news are reporting that hodgson is confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any word on how much hodgson will cost pool ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Headshot wrote: »

He's supposed to have had a £2.5m buyout clause in his contract. Sky seem to think things have been settled for a little less, £2m.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    What flights are you on...?I am on the first out of Dub and the last back.

Ferry for me. Getting the 20:55 over on Saturday and the 02:40 one back on Sunday night/Monday morning. Am bringing some stuff over for the brother so needed the car with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah 2mil accoring to any source I've read.Could be the best 2 million pound signing ever,most interesting anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Any chance of ever winning the title in my opinion.

Very predictable, unimaginative appointment. This man has no success at the highest level, and I lost all respect for him with his analysis of England's performance against Slovenia on BBC last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

o about 3 league titles, 3 fa cups, and all champions league football

Would have given the job to Dalglish over Roy....
    If its true then the best of luck to him, he has a very big job on his hands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

PROVE ME WRONG ROY...PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Any chance of ever winning the title in my opinion.

Very predictable, unimaginative appointment. This man has no success at the highest level, and I lost all respect for him with his analysis of England's performance against Slovenia on BBC last week.
    argosy2006 wrote: »
    o about 3 league titles, 3 fa cups, and all champions league football

:rolleyes:

Give him a chance lads FFS

GBX wrote: »

Well it looks like the bookies favourite for the last 2 months, and the person the media were speculating was getting the job for the same period is getting the job. If true, there's only one word I can think of to describe how I feel about Purslows 'deal of his life'.

Arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,129 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

"paid highly and performed poorly for extended period" in all fairness mate this could describe half of our squad last season. sure what he said was wrong, we all do but for me it's a clean slate when the new manager comes in and I will always be in the" win at all costs" camp maybe this is why I feel this way

Did you skip the most important part of the post? Lots of people fell into that category, but he's the one who instead of working hard or saying what he had to say to the manager, instead ran to the media to try to engineer a move out asap. He wanted out, he can fuck off. He disrespected the club and the fans, not just the manager. I was a big fan of him before tbh, but I won't change my mind on this. He doesn't deserve to wear the red of Liverpool, and frankly, with his form over the past year he doesn't even deserve it on merit and won't be missed.

PWOVE ME WONG WOY...PWOVE ME WONG!!!!!

:eek:

:rolleyes:

Give him a chance lads FFS

he'll get two games and no more!!!!!!!! :D
    naa your right, he might be best thing ever, deserves his chance,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Relcome to Anfield Woy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gillington wrote: »
    Yeah 2mil accoring to any source I've read.Could be the best 2 million pound signing ever,most interesting anyways!

Don't hold your breath.

£8m to downgrade manager:

jokerclap.gif

jokerclap.gif

I have to say I really like the stock of images/gifs you have been using the last week or so.

Oh and Kaya is hawyt ;)

jokerclap.gif

Why so serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

apparently the daily star is saying the board got the ok from Stevie and Carra before appointing him...

i honesty dont see us getting cl football with his style, lets hope he adapts his system or i am wrong!

apparently the daily star is saying the board got the ok from Stevie and Carra before appointing him...

Every time i see that mentioned in an article i want to punch someone.

apparently the daily star is saying

I`ll stop ya right there :p

Sounds like bollix!!

Man_hits_goal.gif

if he just gets us hitting net every game i'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Every time i see that mentioned in an article i want to punch someone.

why?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement