Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just end it already.

ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

spockety wrote: »
    Also I see Guillem Ballague now saying United are inquiring about David Silva..

He's been sying that for a few weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am starting to think that some people on this forum can't actually be reasoned with. Not only that, but they don't seem to be a fan of doing any sort of research in order to establish the facts before making broad sweeping statements.. To make it worse, no matter how many times it happens, you still have someone else coming in a daily basis and making identical mistakes.

In fairness, is it not an error in judgement to go ahead and purchase a player who is ineligable? Was that your point? Or were you talking about the cloudiness of the rules in general?

Obviously 4 goals in two season doesn't attest to Lucas being a goalscorer in any case so the jist of the point stands. I could only think of the H&W and Chelea goals. Oh and Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

again, look into the Leto situation & you'll see once again your point is nonsense. The problem with his passport was unavoidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

noodler wrote: »
    In fairness, is it not an error in judgement to go ahead and purchas a player who is ineligable?

It was a lot more complicated than that mate. Leto has an Italian grandmother so got an Italian passport. It was presumed that that would be enough to play in the EU, which is a very valid presumption as it should have. Then there was this big immigration scandal in Italy (I'm giving my general understanding of the event) which led to them questioning the citizenship of thousands of Italian passport holders and his passport was revoked and he was forced to apply for a work permit as well, which Liverpool did, but their application was refused by the Department of Work and Pensions.

I don't see any way they could have reasonably presumed him to be ineligible when they signed him. The kid even played in the Olympics for Argentina right? And Pool also have Insua from the same country.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    again, look into the Leto situation & you'll see once again your point is nonsense. The problem with his passport was unavoidable.

Passport scandel, fair enough. Lucas point stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't see any way they could have reasonably presumed him to be ineligible when they signed him. The kid even played in the Olympics for Argentina right? And Pool also have Insua from the same country.

& Masch.........

It was a lot more complicated than that mate. Leto has an Italian grandmother so got an Italian passport. It was presumed that that would be enough to play in the EU, which is a very valid presumption as it should have. Then there was this big immigration scandal in Italy (I'm giving my general understanding of the event) which led to them questioning the citizenship of thousands of Italian passport holders and his passport was revoked and he was forced to apply for a work permit as well, which Liverpool did, but their application was refused by the Department of Work and Pensions.

Agreed, I am sure I remember reading about it yonks ago. Slipped my mind.

& Masch.........

Exactly. No scandals relating to his arrival in England either....:D

• Advertisement

I am starting to think that some people on this forum can't actually be reasoned with. Not only that, but they don't seem to be a fan of doing any sort of research in order to establish the facts before making broad sweeping statements.. To make it worse, no matter how many times it happens, you still have someone else coming in a daily basis and making identical mistakes.
    PiE wrote: »
    Hopefully the new rules will help, wouldn't bet on it though; this thread alone needs its own access-approval system ;x

I missed this first time around but it smacks of kids throwing their toys out of their pram.
    I post here regularly enough for a start but one small error relating to an obscure transfer gets the above response?

You have to wonder if it was the mistake or the fact that it wasn't another post praising Rafa to the hills. Don't be so elitist lads.

I missed this first time around but it smacks of kids throwing their toys out of their pram.
    I post here regularly enough for a start but one small error relating to an obscure transfer gets the above response?

You have to wonder if it was the mistake or the fact that it wasn't another post praising Rafa to the hills. Don't be so elitist lads.

I blame Real Madrid for disrupting our pre-season banter.

I blame Real Madrid for disrupting our pre-season banter.

everything's their fault.

world hunger, AIDS, miley cyrus, everything ;)

SlickRic wrote: »
    everything's their fault.

world hunger, AIDS, miley cyrus, everything ;)

Britney, Winehouse, Pete Doherty, Religion, Ronaldo... ;)

Makes a change from Rafa being blamed.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sack Rafa.

• Advertisement

Facht!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Can't speak for others but my post wasn't referring to you.

'tis a quiet day alright.....

I can only assume there are discreet talks being held over Alonso's future / transfer fee as we type our little silly messages here.

'tis a quiet day alright.....

I can only assume there are discreet talks being held over Alonso's future / transfer fee as we type our little silly messages here.

he's back in Liverpool again according to SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

And travelling to Norway with the squad later today apparently.

Seriously annoyed with this whole situation now. I just want it to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My post was prompted by your post and Mike's response but it wasn't directed at you.

And travelling to Norway with the squad later today apparently.

Seriously annoyed with this whole situation now. I just want it to be over.

There's no reason he wouldn't travel. Though it is interesting to note he only played a few minutes at Espanyol on Sunday - the transfer is obviously at a more advanced stage than we'd be led to believe.

And I agree, I just want him to be sold, and us to get the money and buy Aquilani ASAP - as that is whats most likely to happen, so the waiting is just frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

There's no reason he wouldn't travel. Though it is interesting to note he only played a few minutes at Espanyol on Sunday - the transfer is obviously at a more advanced stage than we'd be led to believe.

And I agree, I just want him to be sold, and us to get the money and buy Aquilani ASAP - as that is whats most likely to happen, so the waiting is just frustrating.

But if the transfer was close to being completed then he probably wouldn't have played at all. That's what worries me, i can see this still not being resolved come the Spurs match. Our hands are really tied - Xabi wants to leave, so we aren't gonna stand in his way. Madrid's season doesn't start for a good few weeks so they aren't in the rush that we are.

just wait and see - City, Inter or someone will nab Aquilani and we'll be screwed.

But if the transfer was close to being completed then he probably wouldn't have played at all. That's what worries me, i can see this still not being resolved come the Spurs match. Our hands are really tied - Xabi wants to leave, so we aren't gonna stand in his way. Madrid's season doesn't start for a good few weeks so they aren't in the rush that we are.

just wait and see - City, Inter or someone will nab Aquilani and we'll be screwed.

We can always fall back on Cattermole, and I believe Angulo is looking to be released from his contract :P

I'm at work, so I couldn't watch this properly, but it made me laugh a bit (not in a mean way).

Aquilani shot breaks a kid behind the goals arm!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/aquilani+free/video/x2bzy3_aquilanis-free-kick-caused-a-broken_sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Javi Martinez, Marek Hamsik and Steven Defour are also possible targets. I'm sure Rafa has a plan B, and plan C, if Aquilani falls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Also heard we may be on the verge of signing Poulsen from Juventus....any truth in this?

anyone know if he is any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Also heard we may be on the verge of signing Poulsen from Juventus....any truth in this?

According to Gazzetta dello Sport Poulson is training with the Juve youth team because he doesn't fit into the managers plans. So, I'm guessing its just an agent hawking his player around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

It mentions its on sky sports website as well hmmmm very interesting..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_5473593,00.html

Poulsen was bought when they couldn't afford Xabi last year.
    He's an allright player, but dirty, with a bad record.

Remember the incident where Denmark and Sweden were playing and Sweden got the late penalty, causing the fan to run onto the pitch, and Denmark faced a big fine, and point deductions and stuff?

That was cause Poulsen punched a Swedish player in the penalty area.

He also stamped on Jermains Jenas' head, and is one of the least liked players in Italy, with all of the Roma and Milan players despising him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every flipping club in Europe knows Rafa will be looking for a CM any number of names will get a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Spanish papers www.elmundo.es and www.as.com say Alonso has signed a 4 year contract with Madrid for a transfer fee of €30 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sky Sports News now reporting hat a fee has been agreed for Xabi Alonso with Madrid.

One of the best midfielders in the Premiership imo. Really admired him as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's on the official website. Bye bye Xabi.

I'm shocked. Didn't see that coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Liverpool could be in trouble, alonso is a big loss

Give it a rest! We've done that discussion. Expect Aquaman and AN Other to be signed very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I read about it earlier today but did not think it was true..bye bye Alonso :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Massive blow. Going to miss watching a worldclass passer of the ball play for Liverpool, he was a joy to watch and a great player for us.

Let's hope we can get a suitable replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mike65 wrote: »
    Give it a rest! We've done that discussion. Expect Aquaman and AN Other to be signed very quickly.

If only we'd kept Sissoko!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It all depends on who the replacement is. Realistically, we were light in the centre of midfield even with Alonso, so I'd hope for two replacements.

We've been linked with Aquilani, Poulsen, Defour, Cattermole and Hamsik. Haven't really seen a lot of any of them, so I can't really judge. It'll be nearly impossible to replace Xabi's range of passing, so hopefully he can get somebody more mobile and more attack-minded instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ah bollocks.

Gutted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sh1t Sh1t...........Sh1t i am gutted.

I suppose he could break an ankle when he climbs on the treatment room trolley....or slip in the shower

• Advertisement

we can all get on with our lives now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

He's gone time to bring in replacement. Here's hoping for at least two new additions and hopefully one in not Poulson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Headshot wrote: »
    Liverpool could be in trouble, alonso is a big loss

How long have you been waiting to post this? ;)

It is a disaster if he isn't replaced. It isn't a big deal if he is replaced with a quality player.

If we are really lucky, we might be able to get an understudy to Masch too out of it.

Sky are reporting that the deal is for 30m pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

xabi_alonso_1212597c.jpgXabi-Alonso-001.jpgliverpool.jpgliverpool_450x300.jpg

Thanks Xabi, and best of luck. What a player. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical.

The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed.

the last bit smells a bit like, real didn't give us the 30 million and we backed down so lets keep it on the hush. hopefully i'm just being a pessimist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement