Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

The rules are the shoulders must be level, he was just offside imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gibson really has some sweet foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Gibson fairly pinged that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Darron Gibson is a fantastic striker of a football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gibson is a lot like Lampard imo, should be developed into that type of player imo

only then he wouldn't be able to play with any of the Ireland midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I have to say lads, Silva has showed some sweet control and passing in this second half.

sign silva up that's what i say

Aidric wrote: »
    I have to say lads, Silva has showed some sweet control and passing in this second half.
    definitely the best of a bad bunch

Wow, well i really enjoyed that. A great work out for the squad.

Antonio Valencia has to get man of the match, exellent performance.
    Rooney looked good i thought, dictated the game and strung some nice passes, his goal was an exellent header.
    Richie De Laet made a great argument for a bigger role this season.
    Michael Owen got into great positions, wasnt his night finishing-wise.
    I hope Fergie puts the arm around David Silva and convinces him to join us.
    Darren Gibson looked great too, burst the ball twice, hell, even Nani looked up for it tonight.

Great game.

if saf had concerns about silva

todays match should lay it to rest

I really loved his touches on the ball with tight incisive passing and a will to work and also was surprisingly enough hard to knock off the ball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

David Silva looked quality tonight... Antonio Valencia was probably the best player on the pitch. Great cameo by Nani when he came on too. Fabio and DeLaet both looked great at right back. Owen playing on the shoulder and finding space, Rooney looked good in the second half.

The only slight negative was that Tosic was a bit nervous, probably should have stayed on for a bit longer.

Lots and lots of positives, especially Antonio Valencia. I'd love us to go for Silva. A really enjoyable match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Have to agree with you there Mickey.
    Im still not convinced about Silva Headshot. The same could be said about there sub keeper that cam on and played in midfield too, got on the ball well, always looked for it, just no one would give it to him cos he was a keeper by trade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Really happy with that match, lots of positives to take

The defence was really impressive for the whole match. Rio was great, cool as ya like. Evra looked good too. Everyone was really committing to it, there wasn't as much ball-watching as in previous matches.

The young players were fantastic, De Laet, Cleverley, both made valuable contributions. Gibbo showed again that he can strike a ball !

The new signings were also impressive, Valencia in particular. He looked really good, tonnes of pace, lots of strength, and a good crosser. We're certainly going for the conventional winger approach this season, lots of crossing into the box and hopefully nodding it in. Antonio was also well able to take on defenders, it looked really effortless at times. Tosic was decent, can't remember too much of him though. Owen is really being well utilised, he's getting into great positions and other players are spotting him and giving him the balls he needs. Unfortunately his finishing was off today, but another day he might have had a hattrick.

The team is starting to link up alot better, players are spotting each others runs and anticipating each others passes. I remember the first couple of preseason games thinking alot of the players hadn't played together, and it was really obvious, like with people like Evra and Tosic not reading each others overlaps, etc.

Things are flowing alot better now, and it's great to see!

Also good to see that we won comfortably without the need to bring on the composure of oldbies like Giggs and Scholes. Alot of young players out there, and they did well.

The future is bright!

nicklauski wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there Mickey.
    Im still not convinced about Silva Headshot. The same could be said about there sub keeper that cam on and played in midfield too, got on the ball well, always looked for it, just no one would give it to him cos he was a keeper by trade :D

What does Silva have to do to prove that he is a class player? He was one of the major cogs in the Spain side that won the European Cup

that's a great comparion aint it

Kanchelskis and valencia

loved Kanchelskis too

What time does the Charity Shield match start at on Sunday btw? is it 3 or 4? I'll miss the first half if it's 3 :mad:

Liam O wrote: »
    What time does the Charity Shield match start at on Sunday btw? is it 3 or 4? I'll miss the first half if it's 3 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Liam O wrote: »
    What does Silva have to do to prove that he is a class player? He was one of the major cogs in the Spain side that won the European Cup
    I just dont buy into his hype Liam. Ive only seen him play a few times and have always been like, meh, after the game finished. Yeah sure he had some nice touches and runs tonight, the same could be said for Cleverley, but I wouldnt be looking to sign him after an okay 45 minutes.

nicklauski wrote: »
    I just dont buy into his hype Liam. Ive only seen him play a few times and have always been like, meh, after the game finished. Yeah sure he had some nice touches and runs tonight, the same could be said for Cleverley, but I wouldnt be looking to sign him after an okay 45 minutes.

Thing is though, there is not that much hype about him at all!

Its not like "OMFG Ribery! £80m BARRRRGAIN!".

Very little has been said of him, we made a bid last season, they rejected it. We were linked with him a little, but not to the extent of other players this season.

Nobody is saying he is a world beater... Yet;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Jesus, your man on MUTV complaining about Owen needing to learn how to play for us and he isn't a United player?

I suppose he didn't see his movement tonight playing off the shoulder???

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Jesus, your man on MUTV complaining about Owen needing to learn how to play for us and he isn't a United player?

I suppose he didn't see his movement tonight???

I know tom from Wigan

he's going on my ignore list ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Very good performance overall.

Valencia was brilliant. His pace and power down the wing were great to see, and some of his crosses were brilliant. If we can get Rooney and Owne and Berbatov on form (finishing wise) he will creat goals for them. The acceleration he showed at times was simply jaw dropping.

Owen got into some great positions - should have had at least one. disappointed that he did not given the chances he had. Hopefully it was just a bad night for him.

I thought Rooney was having a poor night in the first half - but did play some great balls, he did seem to up his game in the second.

Nice cool finish from Cleverly for his goal.

Gibbo has an amazing strike on him - but i'm not sure he has enough else to his game, a limited player at the moment. He has a strike as good as anyone such as Gerrard and Lampard, but doesn't have the quickness on the ball or intelligence imo. He can obviously improve but i'm not sure if he will improve enough to be a first team player at United. He could be, if he wants to be, a very solid squad player - he could be a great player to bring on in those irritating 0-0 games where the opposition are parking the bus, a player who can really smack them from range which we don't really have in midfield now that scholes doesn't tend to have a dink anymore.

Foster didn't have much to do, so can't really comment on him. Tommy had a good game, a stunning save at the start of the second half.

Very happy with the performance overall. Bodes well, would still like to see a creative spark added to the midfield, which I think Silva showed he could be tonight.

oh yeah - Richie de Laet had a very good game tonight.

When he first signed for United he looked very, very dodgy for the reserves - a player with pace and power but clumsy and rash. He looks like he has really stepped his game up in the last 8 months or so. Was very solid defensively tonight, with some cracking tackles, and showed decent ability and determination getting forward.

oh yeah - Richie de Laet had a very good game tonight.

When he first signed for United he looked very, very dodgy for the reserves - a player with pace and power but clumsy and rash. He looks like he has really stepped his game up in the last 8 months or so. Was very solid defensively tonight, with some cracking tackles, and showed decent ability and determination getting forward.
    could be the next John O'Shea in terms of being a fantastic squad player and utility man

mitch you going to watch this MU premier cup thing

it's on now

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    mitch you going to watch this MU premier cup thing

it's on now

no matter what the level, it is hard to watch United put in performances like that:(

no matter what the level, it is hard to watch United put in performances like that:(

did you watch it live or somthing ?

did you watch it live or somthing ?
    read it about it on the manunited youth site. think there were updates on the official site too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

looking back on the game i was harsh earlier on about rooney, he wasnt fantastic but he had a good game....alot better than he did in asia, but by his own amazing standards not amazing! still played well and made some good chances and brilliant header!

vanelcia (the player) had a cracker of a game, brilliant!

owen looked great to be fair, love that we now have that type of striker!

really looking forward to the start of the season now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Any more info on Cleverly, position etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

could be the next John O'Shea in terms of being a fantastic squad player and utility man
    Every youngster's dream :D

"The next Ronaldo"
    "The next Solskjaer"
    "The next O'Shea" :D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Any more info on Cleverly, position etc?

saf doesnt know what to do with him

a couple of PL clubs are interested in him but saf wants to keep him

another loan move looms for clever

Dave! wrote: »
    Every youngster's dream :D

"The next Ronaldo"
    "The next Solskjaer"
    "The next O'Shea" :D

oi....give that over! JOS is a great player and a brilliant asset to any club! anyone who can be that sort of trustworthy rock of a player is great, i think kids should look up to JOS and being the next JOS is a great compliment!

viva john o shea
    viva john o shea......

in terms of personality

id rather be the next O'shea all day long

or Solskjaer

in terms of personality

id rather be the next O'shea all day long

or Solskjaer

in terms of my bank balance

id rather be the next ronaldo all day long!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Got in late and totally forgot to check for a stream. Found some videos here http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3127760/

First half highlights:

Second half highlights:

Rooney's goal:

Cleverley's goal:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just watching the goals now and that really was a stunning cross from Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Rooney goal was ace. Some crowd at it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Rooney goal was ace. Some crowd at it...

Pity the only bit of noise that was made was when they were doing the mexican wave, I didn't hear one song or chant, very disappointing tbh.

Pity the only bit of noise that was made was when they were doing the mexican wave, I didn't hear one song or chant, very disappointing tbh.

was disappoint alright but having over 70,000 there for a preseaon match was remarkable

• Advertisement

Even more day trippers than you would have for a regular match in fairness probably contributed to this.

Even more day trippers than you would have for a regular match in fairness probably contributed to this.

I sang my heart out when I was at the City game last year, only my third United game to be at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Good to see Gibson involved in nearly all the highlights since he went on.

I sang my heart out when I was at the City game last year, only my third United game to be at.

English is your first language though, I presume?:pac:

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Good to see Gibson involved in nearly all the highlights since he went on.

Looks to have bulked a little over the Summer as well. Make or break year for him I think, at his age he really needs to kick on. He has some shot on him, i'll give him that.:eek:

English is your first language though, I presume?:pac:

I'd love to say Irish is but unfortunately is is English.:(
    In saying that the crowds in the Far East were belting out the songs and chants.

is maith liom caca milis

is maith liom caca milis

suas bothar cailin bainne......sharon ni bheolain

suas bothar cailin bainne......sharon ni bheolain

dance or sing flahavaj

• Advertisement

that reminds me

it's not just A or B there's probably C

ill use that in the next season when liverpool loose out on the CL and PL and there's only Carling cup left

:D:D

of course I joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement