Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Headshot wrote: »
    that reminds me

it's not just A or B there's probably C

ill use that in the next season when liverpool loose out on the CL and PL and there's only Carling cup left

:D:D

of course I joke

Do you not think maybe is a more appropriate word, especially if they come up against Ole's boys.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd say the noise level probably had something to do with the larger number of kids there than usual who probably don't know many chants. They mentioned it in commentary that there were a huge amount of kids there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like it was a cracking game. Valencia is looking impressive and it's good to see Gibson having the confidence to go for goal.

Is the selection of Kuszczak an indication that he will get the nod over Foster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is the selection of Kuszczak an indication that he will get the nod over Foster?

no foster played in the 1st half

so it's pretty much in the air whose saf going to pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looks like it was a cracking game. Valencia is looking impressive and it's good to see Gibson having the confidence to go for goal.

Foster started, Kuszack came on at half-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rats I was considering drafting Thomas into my FPL team. Guess I'll have to wait until the Shield. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rats I was considering drafting Thomas into my FPL team. Guess I'll have to wait until the Shield. :)

Foster is the new sly purchase du jour isn't he?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Reckon Tommy K should probably get the nod Sunday. First half anyway. Is their a 3 sub limit in the Shield? Really happy with the lads performances from what ive seen. Is there anyway to keep up with the reserves without having MUTV? No word on a late night bid for Silva so far....

tbf 'Cusack' had a pretty good game. One wonder save. Never really understand the amount of abuse that he gets. I mean he's never made any monumental mistakes and don't think I've said anywhere that he had a bad game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Liam O wrote: »
    tbf 'Cusack' had a pretty good game. One wonder save. Never really understand the amount of abuse that he gets. I mean he's never made any monumental mistakes and don't think I've said anywhere that he had a bad game.

His command of the box is terrible and always looks shaky coming for a high ball. He has very good reactions, even for a keeper, so he can make some fantastic saves, but he simply isn't good enough when coming to collect the ball. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,620 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Question: Why do we call the PIG, the PIG?

Cause we can't spell his name. Pole In Goal

Cause we can't spell his name. Pole In Goal

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Got Yeah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

His command of the box is terrible and always looks shaky coming for a high ball. He has very good reactions, even for a keeper, so he can make some fantastic saves, but he simply isn't good enough when coming to collect the ball. IMO.

TBF I'd prefer the PIG taking a cross than Foster. He's the one who has made some memorable f'kups with crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I was at the Watford game a couple of years back and PIG was playing that night. As Mitch said, he hasnt the command of the box and ability to deal with crosses. He looked particulary shaky then on crosses & he still does now. Don t get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic shot stopper (same can besaid about Foster) and produces some amazing reflex saves (see last night), but Id still think I'd go with Foster.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    TBF I'd prefer the PIG taking a cross than Foster. He's the one who has made some memorable f'kups with crosses.

I dunno - i'd have a lack of confidence in both, but for me Foster at least looks like he has a plan when he goes for it and seems sure of his ability to get it. Tommy just looks nervous and unsure of himself coming for them by comparison.

With Foster I think it is a lack of match practice, with Tommy K I think it is a lack of ability. Could be very wrong, of course, just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I dunno - i'd have a lack of confidence in both, but for me Foster at least looks like he has a plan when he goes for it and seems sure of his ability to get it. Tommy just looks nervous and unsure of himself coming for them by comparison.

With Foster I think it is a lack of match practice, with Tommy K I think it is a lack of ability. Could be very wrong, of course, just my opinion.

Yep, was impressed with both when they were at their previous respective clubs but it's a major step up for any player, let alone a goalkeeper, to make. The whole "not having much to do yet reliable when called upon" thing which makes top-class golaies. That said, a good run in the side for either will allow one to make a better judgement.

Though I can see Fergie splashing the cash on a goalie next summer.

people know my thoughts on nani

so this should come as a shock ;)

though Nani had a great pre-season,when he came on last night he really impressed me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

He is a talented player.

No longer in Ronaldo's shadow, this season Nani can express himself. He always looked like the best player in the world against crap teams (and that one time against Arsenal) but hopefully he can improve his consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

though Nani had a great pre-season,when he came on last night he really impressed me

Couldn't agree more, I've said countless times that everyone needs to actually give him a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, he looked very good in any game I saw and I think with him and Valencia we would have two good crossers and both can also come inside too. I'm hoping he starts against Chelsea to see if he can do as well against them and if he does I would have him as first choice on the left for the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

if you watch the season review 2007/08, you'd think he should have got player of the year. To his credit at the start of that season he was involved of alot of goals and scored a few.

I was at the Spurs 5-2 game last season, and if I'd have got near him!! He so frustrating at times.

as an attacking option, i'd have Nani first choice ahead of Park and Tosic on the LW. He has had a good preseason, and he deserves a proper chance in the real game imo.

as an attacking option, i'd have Nani first choice ahead of Park and Tosic on the LW. He has had a good preseason, and he deserves a proper chance in the real game imo.

but I see Nani as a RW

seems to play better out there

but I see Nani as a RW

seems to play better out there

But that position belongs to Antonio "Goldenballs" Valencia ;)

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    But that position belongs to Antonio "Goldenballs" Valencia ;)

but Nani could be a great second choice

Nani is utds Babel imo.

Both players were bought for big price tags.

Both have underperformed so far but have undoubted talent.

This season is massive for both players and I'd predict both of them to have their best year yet.

or 1st choice LW.

Sorry Headshot, but Tosic isnt ready just yet. Hate to break it to you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Valencia is simply wanktastic!

If he can put 3 to 4 balls of similar quality as last night in every game he will cause havoc!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nani is utds Babel imo.

Both players were bought for big price tags.

Both have underperformed so far but have undoubted talent.

This season is massive for both players and I'd predict both of them to have their best year yet.

Nani perfromed well in season before last, he also seems to have far more natural talent than Babel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I don't think so, I think he is the type of player who needs games to get the best out of him and he'll be very inconsistent if he doesn't get more regular football, that was one of his biggest problems last year imo.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    or 1st choice LW.

Sorry Headshot, but Tosic isnt ready just yet. Hate to break it to you :p

dammit :D

joking a side I wasnt bringing tosic into this

it's a long season and valencia wont be playing all the time,Nani will get his chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yes I hope my comments about Nani last season and this summer before pre season will be the type of comments that are quoted in a few years time with a load of ":D what an idiot" type posts laughing at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just did a community shield preview.

Hard to believe it's that time of year already, despite the endless nonsense of silly season the summer went so quickly. back to the grindstone that is top quality football :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

dor83 wrote: »
    I don't think so, I think he is the type of player who needs games to get the best out of him and he'll be very inconsistent if he doesn't get more regular football, that was one of his biggest problems last year imo.

i agree with this, nani has had a greta preseason because he is getting a good run of games which is building his confidence, he needs a good run to find his comfort zone and really unleash the potential we all know is there! (and we do all know its there, just look at all the positive comments we have been saying about him :rolleyes: :D)

I was at the....west ham game last year (when he got sent off for his "headbutt") was infuriating seeign him then but confidence/maturity comes with game time!

• Advertisement

God dammit! I wake up this morning, pop on SSN and what's there 'Scott Sinclair completes loan move etc. Where's David Silva? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nani needs gametime. Lots of it. His decision making still needs to drastically improve, and that'll only happen with a good run of games. Hope Fergie gives it to him as I think he has real talent.

I think its quite likely we might see a Fletcher-Carrick midfield combo as the first choice last season. Fletcher as we all know came on leaps and bounds last season, and if he continues his progress, he might make that position his own.

I'm interested to see what Fergie is going to do with Anderson. I suspect however that he's actually not quite sure. I'd like to see him return to an attacking midfield role, maybe on the left wing, or as an alternative to Carrick or Fletcher in the centre. IMO Hargreaves and Anderson will be our first choice CM pairing by the end of the season, but I still think Fergie needs to develop Anderson's attacking side a little bit more.

PHB wrote: »
    Nani needs gametime. Lots of it. His decision making still needs to drastically improve, and that'll only happen with a good run of games. Hope Fergie gives it to him as I think he has real talent.

I think its quite likely we might see a Fletcher-Carrick midfield combo as the first choice last season. Fletcher as we all know came on leaps and bounds last season, and if he continues his progress, he might make that position his own.

I'm interested to see what Fergie is going to do with Anderson. I suspect however that he's actually not quite sure. I'd like to see him return to an attacking midfield role, maybe on the left wing, or as an alternative to Carrick or Fletcher in the centre. IMO Hargreaves and Anderson will be our first choice CM pairing by the end of the season, but I still think Fergie needs to develop Anderson's attacking side a little bit more.

Carrick is light years ahead of Anderson, to suggest in 6 months he will have replaced him is farcical!!

Carrick is our best midfielder by some distance, I would put Scholes and Giggs ahead of Anderson too at this moment in time.

Midfield should be Carrick and a brilliant Fletcher.

Boggles wrote: »
    Carrick is light years ahead of Anderson, to suggest in 6 months he will have replaced him is farcical!!

Carrick is our best midfielder by some distance, I would put Scholes and Giggs ahead of Anderson too at this moment in time.

Midfield should be Carrick and a brilliant Fletcher.

WTF

bloody hell I know you dont rate ando but to say giggs and scholes is ahead of him

boggles my friend you are losing it

that's what the liverpool thread does to man utd fans ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, Villa fan here looking for a long awaited win this season !!!

How do you think Man U will line up most weeks, will Rooney, Berbatov AND Owen all start most games, or will Sir go with any 2 of 3?

• Advertisement

How do you think Man U will line up most weeks, will Rooney, Berbatov AND Owen all start most games, or will Sir go with any 2 of 3?

ff ehhh

berba and Rooney starting

owen to be an impact sub

I would say Berbatov and Rooney will be the first choice. don't see all 3 starting together at all - rarely if anything.

United will, imo, be playing a classic 442 this season I reckon, the signing of Valencia points to that.

WTF

bloody hell I know you dont rate ando but to say giggs and scholes is ahead of him

boggles my friend you are losing it

that's what the liverpool thread does to man utd fans ;)

Giggs played out of skin in the centre last season, he didn't deserve to win player of the year, but he more than deserved to be nominated plus I firmly believe if Scholes (with Tevez) started that Champions League final it would have been a different result.

Anderson instils zero confidence in me when I see him in the team.

Giggs played out of skin in the centre last season, he didn't deserve to win player of the year, but he more than deserved to be nominated plus I firmly believe if Scholes (with Tevez) started that Champions League final it would have been a different result.

Anderson instils zero confidence in me when I see him in the team.

if scholes had started instead of Ando, the result would have been the same imo. If he had started ahead of Giggs, it could well have been different.

for the record, i was saying Giggs should get the nod ahead of Scholes for the final. I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

ff ehhh

berba and Rooney starting

owen to be an impact sub

That's what I thought, but Owen is known to want in to the WC with england next year, and I wonder did he get some assurances about being picked? For what it's worth I think Owen will get a load of goals whatever way he's played. :)

if scholes had started instead of Ando, the result would have been the same imo. If he had started ahead of Giggs, it could well have been different.

for the record, i was saying Giggs should get the nod ahead of Scholes for the final. I was wrong.

Carrick and Scholes in centre, Tevez and Rooney up front.

Said it on the day, said it 10 minutes before the final and am still saying it today. Ferguson got the lineup wrong.

Said it on the day, said it 10 minutes before the final and am still saying it today. Ferguson got the lineup wrong.

scholes hasnt been the same player since his eye problems

he has gone down hill alot and giggs just doesnt cut it in midfield for me

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

You got that right, That game was calling out for a person to hold onto the ball when needed and inch perfect passing. Enter Scholes

Since his eye problems he has won 2 leagues and a champions league.

Go watch the Chelsea and Everton matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

I think he has done well adapting to playing by sense of smell. they trained him to smell feet really well and he can still put the ball on someones toe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement