Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Headshot wrote: »
    still cant believe wesley sneijder is at madrid,unless some clubs are waiting till near the end of the transfer window to pick up a good deal,wesley should be gone to a top club by now

love to see him at utd

Pretty sure Inter seriously want him, think they are @ the negotiation stage, Real want 25 million reportedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pretty sure Inter seriously want him, think they are @ the negotiation stage, Real want 25 million reportedly.

I heard inter were finished in the transfer window

before or after they lost their star player and gained 40-ish million?

edit: I think they did say something like that but it is a popular trend these days,

after they did Mourinho spoke out saying he wanted amore

and after their defeat yesterday Moratti said something along the lines:

"maybe Mourinho was right, we do need a trequartista"

he also hinted at Van der Vaart, but perhaps eyt again this is more mind-games

To think for the Ronaldo money* United could have bought

Melo
    Diego
    & Sneijder

* that is if the money didn't just go to paying off the clubs debt**
    ** I am aware that the club has publicly stated this is not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

before or after they lost their star player and gained 40-ish million?

But they still have maicon, and cambiasso, and viera, and julio cesar, and that young makeshift left back whose name i can't quite remember. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

im actually optimistic after todays game, a few good signs, nani was great apart from the defensive f*ck up! i think park was imo useless today, berba looked class and rooney was the sharpest ive seen him all pre season! i will agree though that we need a CM we were totally all over the place in the middle of the park, tbh i didnt even know carrick was playing for a large chunk of the game! and foster was shockin apart from one very very good save! He needs confidence if he wants to claim the number 1, looked totally shaken up after a while today!

But they still have maicon, and cambiasso, and viera, and julio cesar, and that young makeshift left back whose name i can't quite remember. :confused:

Santon yes that is true,

but you can't argue that Ibra wasn't their key playmaker last year

I am not saying they are now a bad team

They are an ambitious team with an ambitious manager, they want to keep signing players. even after getting motta, Lucio, Milito and Eto'o

To think for the Ronaldo money United could have bought

Melo
    Diego
    & Sneijder

VDS
    Rafael
    Ferdinand---Vidic
    Evra
    Melo
    Valencia
    Diego
    Sneijder
    Rooney
    Berbatov

Would that starting 11 be better than a starting 11 with Ronaldo?
    I think so
    Would the current starting 11?
    I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

VDS
    Rafael
    Ferdinand---Vidic
    Evra
    Melo
    Valencia
    Diego
    Sneijder
    Rooney
    Berbatov

Haha, when you put it down on paper like that, its a quality looking lineup!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Bad news, Nani dislocated his shoulder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8192491.stm

:mad:

EDIT: Reading that, it sounds like a bad one too. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Thats a big blow to us. He really had a chance to step up.

I thought he had done that when he had the 'sling' made.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sure what does he need a shoulder for?

Ffs and just when he was getting good too,best game iv seen him play for a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just thinking, he could be out for several months with that.

Should we bring someone in as cover? A short-term loan perhaps? (Beckham?)

Or is it enough to rely on Valencia/Park with Tosic/Welbeck as back-up?

We might end up seeing Rooney pushed out to the left again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Gutted about Nani. He really stepped up today (attacking) and wasnt afraid to get at the Chelsea defence.

Park. Why? For the love of god WHY was Park the focal point of our attack today? Some great chances fell to him, i really like him, but he cant score goals, shocking technique. If we play Park he should be deep, NOT furthest forward.

Valencia looked nervous and over-awed when he came on. Something i was afraid of. He will be amazing for us against left-backs all over the league, but the likes of Ashley Cole, maybe not.

Rooney and Berbatov as a pair should have too much class for almost every team we play. Looking like they could form a deadly partnership, so long as Park stopps butting in.

I thought we were the better team today. First half was exeptional. Both of Chelsea's goals were awful from our point of view.

Park,tosic and welbeck will be grand cover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fùck, i gave him stick in the match thread for going off with a sore shoulder. I didn't realise that it was that bad! I thought he just got a knock and was making a meal of it. Dislocations hurt like a biaatch so i take back what i said. You the man Nani! Get well soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Good match today, quite impressed with Berbs, Nani and Rooney..
    gutted that nanis injured, hope twont be too long out..

Foster on the other hand could not have done more to prove that he is simply never gonna be good enough as our number 1...
    Future England number one?? Id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

United desperately need a top quality CM, today showing that quite easily again.

Fergie needs to do something about it.
    This. Absolutely agree with you there Mitch. Unfortunately I really doubt that we're going to get one in this window. It's going to be a looong season. It's especially frustrating since the rest of our team are looking so good.
    titan18 wrote: »
    I think Fletcher is good enough to be the defensive midfielder
    All central midfielders need to have a good first touch, even if they are DMs imo. Fletcher has a weak first touch. That's why i say he should never be more than a squad player. In the squad his commitment and drive is a great asset but he doesn't have the technical quality to be permanently relied upon in the first team imo.

Anybody hear why ando wasnt in the squad today,very strange and worrying

• Advertisement

just didn't make the bench, why is it so worrying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Park,tosic and welbeck will be grand cover

park...granted is decent cover.

welbeck...is he not a striker? i know he's played wing on occasion but i wouldn't call him adequate cover.

tosic...has he bulked up yet? is he ready to step up?

p.s. this is a serious post, not trying to take the piss :)

just didn't make the bench, why is it so worrying?
    because he never misses a game unless he's injured ,always on the bench or starting when fit
    SlickRic wrote: »
    park...granted is decent cover.

welbeck...is he not a striker? i know he's played wing on occasion but i wouldn't call him adequate cover.

tosic...has he bulked up yet? is he ready to step up?

p.s. this is a serious post, not trying to take the piss :)

serious post....good one

you dont have a clue about the team tbh and i dont have the patience to go through it all

because he never misses a game unless he's injured ,always on the bench or starting when fit

serious post....good one

you dont have a clue about the team tbh and i dont have the patience to go through it all

I thought he was dropped from bench for cl final?
    your last competitive game?

I may be wrong,

is it not a good thing that Gibson may be stepping up a player that Ferguson seems to have confidence in?

I thought he was dropped from bench for cl final?
    your last competitive game?

I may be wrong,

is it not a good thing that Gibson may be stepping up a player that Ferguson seems to have confidence in?

no he started but got subbed at HT

and gibson is a good player,great shot on him like lampard but iv my doubts about him

I was watching the build up and Anderson walked in with the United players in his United suit, so he was in the match day squad, i guess Fergie went with Gibbo instead.

Nothing to worry about i would imagine.

• Advertisement

oops sorry.

I myself was frustrated to not see Pizarro/Schevchenko/Sturridge on our bench.

oops sorry.

was watching Sturridge playing over in the usa,looks promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

oops sorry.

I forgot about him.

was watching Sturridge playing over in the usa,looks promising

Yeah, I hope so, would really like to see him do well, us playing 2 up front may depend on it, or Pizarro coming through.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I forgot about him.

how could you with his new fashion hair cut sheva_1446269c.jpg

• Advertisement

serious post....good one

it genuinely was serious. very mature of you to assume it wasn't.

you've listed off players, and i asked questions about them. this is the utd forum, and i wanted to hear an opinion on the players you listed off. you'd swear i spent ages taking the f***ing piss out of them. ffs.

as i say, it was a genuine question about a position that might now be a problem if nani's injury is as bad as expected, seen as many utd fans were hoping he would be the one to step up this season.

i don't have a clue about the team?

wow, that hurt.

your team loses one match, a largely meaningless match, on penalties, and you get all uppity and defensive.

no need really.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it genuinely was serious. very mature of you to assume it wasn't.

you've listed off players, and i asked questions about them. this is the utd forum, and i wanted to hear an opinion on the players you listed off. you'd swear i spent ages taking the f***ing piss out of them. ffs.

as i say, it was a genuine question about a position that might now be a problem if nani's injury is as bad as expected, seen as many utd fans were hoping he would be the one to step up this season.

i don't have a clue about the team?

wow, that hurt.

your team loses one match, a largely meaningless match, on penalties, and you get all uppity and defensive.

no need really.

lol

im not pissed off at all,just your questions have been asked so many times now,it just gets tiring

right then ill make it short and sweet
    welbeck has played on the wings plenty of times,tosic did alot of upper body strength in the reserves

tbh you should take my word that they adequate cover ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lol

im not pissed off at all,just your questions have been asked so many times now,it just gets tiring

welbeck has played on the wings plenty of times,tosic did alot of upper body strength in the reserves

that is part of my issue with them. they are only adequate cover. none of them are special on the wing imo. Disappointing to lose Nani to injury.

Also, there is an Under 20 Comp in September, i think, so we might lose Welbeck to that.

lol

that's fair enough, i understand that. i will say i hadn't asked yet, or read anyone's views.

cheers for the short and sweet, didn't expect an essay. if you're confident so be it. i haven't seen tosic play in pre-season so i've no idea how he's adapting and strengthening. on welbeck, i'm personally not sure as i haven't watched him play on the wing. he's a talent though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he could fill the gap if he had to.

see now, that wasn't hard was it? ;)

never :P

that is part of my issue with them. they are only adequate cover. none of them are special on the wing imo. Disappointing to lose Nani to injury.

Also, there is an Under 20 Comp in September, i think, so we might lose Welbeck to that.

no Lw we have is special mitch,just the way fergie is working :confused:

regarding the U20 competition,my first time hearing about it,but losing welbeck isnt a big loss

we'll still have tosic and park and worse comes to worse gibson can play on the right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fabio is going to end up wide left before long. Either that or we could play Giggs!

Really sad to see Nani get injured. He looked to have confidence today and he could of had a big impact in the first few months of the season.

Was delighted with Fletchers play in the first half. His tracking back in the first half when lampard broke forward showed defensive awareness and responsibility other midfielders don't have. Out of the options we have Anderson and Fletcher in the middle would be an interesting partnership.

Giggs to play on the left when Nani is out.

He is old, slow, past it blah blah blah. He is Ryan Giggs, he is the best Left Winger of a generation, experience alone he will do the job. Look at his assist today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I've always wanted to see what Fabio could do on the left wing though because if he is a success there he'd have a better chance of cementing his position than trying to displace Evra

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »
    I've always wanted to see what Fabio could do on the left wing though because if he is a success there he'd have a better chance of cementing his position than trying to displace Evra

I would like to see him get game time. He can always move back later on.

One thing that annoys me about uniteds squad now is its full of "He could Play" in that position type players. I would like to have an obvious first 11 backe up by the adaptable players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

When can we expect to see Hargreaves back playing?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Esse85 wrote: »
    Have you read any of this thread? :confused:

I see there's been a few mentions of how nani could be out for months, but does anyone have an idea what's the soonest he could potentially be back? He doesn't really have the sicknote track record. Some optimistic news would be nice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Esse85 wrote: »

I can imagine Ronaldo playing for us sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I see there's been a few mentions of how nani could be out for months, but does anyone have an idea what's the soonest he could potentially be back? He doesn't really have the sicknote track record. Some optimistic news would be nice. :)

Fabio was out for the guts of 2 months last season with a dislocated shoulder if I remember correctly. So not much room for optimism...

Can someone tell me how many yrs does hargo left on his contract?

Liam O wrote: »
    Fabio was out for the guts of 2 months last season with a dislocated shoulder if I remember correctly. So not much room for optimism...

Well i say plenty of optimism for all. Just give him a simple choice : no arm or robocop arm. In the long run you know it's the best option for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fergie has denied that Hargreaves is receiving treatment in Germany - Fergie says (according to SSN) that he is still in America and could be back in training in September.

Fergie has denied that Hargreaves is receiving treatment in Germany - Fergie says (according to SSN) that he is still in America and could be back in training in September.

October we could se hargo , ****ing love to see him playing again

Yet again, i think it's a case of having to trust ferguson's judgement. He knows more than any of us about hargreaves' progress, and will know if we need to replace him. I still think he will return sometime before the end of this season, and gradually build up to a full pre season next year, and be "like a new signing" next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

October we could se hargo , ****ing love to see him playing again

absolutley, he would be like gettin a new signing, brilliant player and i think would be a huuuuuuge asset to the team, i think he could shore up our midfield brilliantly! leaps and bounds...however this is all best case scenario.....i really hope he comes back sooner rather than later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement