Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RasTa wrote: »
    Where has Welbeck being this pre-season? I'm persuming with Nani out he will be drafted onto the bench but can't remember him playing in any of the Asia tour games.

Was on international duty with the U19s, so is probably having a break at the moment.

nicklauski wrote: »
    If he dislocated it there wouldn't be much chance of him being back!!
    Although I remember a fella playing in the world cup a few years he did his shoulder the wednesday and was playing the Saturday, Supposedly he had done it that many times it used to pop out even when he was running!
    I did mine 3 times and it's not a nice injury to rush back from, thats how I did it the 2nd time! Came back to early and it popped out again!

My brother's shoulder pops out loads.... he generally comes back a week or two later. wait a minute....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

My brother's shoulder pops out loads.... he generally comes back a week or two later. wait a minute....
    It's not me anyway :D
    I got a job done on mine, horrible scar left behind, but touch wood it's still in there.

Your brother doesnt look like this by any chance
    Nani_wallpaper.jpg
    :eek:

I got a job done on mine, horrible scar left behind, but touch wood it's still in there.

Nani_wallpaper.jpg

no - nowhere near as handsome:D

My brother got an op on his done a few years back as well, and he was grand up until recently, when he popped it out breaking his fall in a game of football. was popped back in before the game had ended. so he oinly went to a physio with it a few days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

PHB wrote: »
    Personally I thought Nani was at fault for the 2nd goal, not Foster. Foster coulda done more, but if Nani had tracked his run, it woulda be fine. Park made the same mistake in the match too.

Very harsh on Nani... considering he was more than likely in the treatment room at the time...

On That note, Awesome news from Nani himself, who reckons he might even be able to play for portugal on wednesday, or else he's just nuts..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5483393,00.html

Manchester United winger Nani is confident he can make a quick recovery after dislocating his shoulder against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Nani was expected to miss the start of the new Premier League season after suffering the injury during the second half of Sunday's contentious encounter at Wembley.

The Portugal international was hurt as he fell to the ground following a challenge by John Terry after he had earlier fired United ahead.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Nani could face several weeks on the sidelines and he is due to undergo a scan on Monday.

However, Nani feels he could be involved in Portugal's friendly in Liechtenstein on Wednesday after linking up with his national team.

"I think I can recover in time," said Nani. "We'll see how it turns out."

He added: "It's painful and it needs treatment.

"It's not a very serious injury. I need to take care of it and I expect to get better in the coming days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Nani_wallpaper.jpg

Jeepers he is an ugly chap. Good shot on him though... :)

How long is VDS out for lads? Can't be overly confident with Foster and PIG as the two choices? Although I think Foster is certainly a lot better than he showed on Sunday.

no - nowhere near as handsome:D

My brother got an op on his done a few years back as well, and he was grand up until recently, when he popped it out breaking his fall in a game of football. was popped back in before the game had ended. so he oinly went to a physio with it a few days later.
    Ah the joys of playing in Kildare, no one around qualified to do it. Brought to the doctors, muscles had seized around the joint, cue 10 minutes of the doctor reefing my arm this way and that to no avail.
    On to the hospital then to be knocked out to get it put in.
    I've only really gone back playing sports now so it hasn't been tested in the few years that the op had been done. Hopefully it'll hold up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Barcelona were told that they had no chance of signing Nani by Manchester United following an enquiry shortly after last season's Champions League final, according to a report.

The Blaugrana were keen to secure the sevices of a left-sided forward early on after seeing Franck Ribery's price rise, but they had no luck in their first quest, The Sunday Telegraph state.

Nani is seen by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson as a key player and there was little chance he would be prepared to let go of the player in the same year that Cristiano Ronaldo left the club.

Pep Guardiola has made it clear that he wants another player for the left flank to compete with Thierry Henry, and felt that the Portugal international could be the answer.

Having been given a direct 'no' by the Premier League champions, Barca have since been linked with several players who could move to Camp Nou and play there.

Shakhtar's Dymtro Chygrysnkiy is one such star, while Valencia's Juan Mata is also said to be on the Catalan club's agenda as they look to add to their treble-winning squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

only1stevo wrote: »
    Very harsh on Nani... considering he was more than likely in the treatment room at the time...

On That note, Awesome news from Nani himself, who reckons he might even be able to play for portugal on wednesday, or else he's just nuts..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5483393,00.html

Manchester United winger Nani is confident he can make a quick recovery after dislocating his shoulder against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Nani was expected to miss the start of the new Premier League season after suffering the injury during the second half of Sunday's contentious encounter at Wembley.

The Portugal international was hurt as he fell to the ground following a challenge by John Terry after he had earlier fired United ahead.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Nani could face several weeks on the sidelines and he is due to undergo a scan on Monday.

However, Nani feels he could be involved in Portugal's friendly in Liechtenstein on Wednesday after linking up with his national team.

"I think I can recover in time," said Nani. "We'll see how it turns out."

He added: "It's painful and it needs treatment.

"It's not a very serious injury. I need to take care of it and I expect to get better in the coming days

No he wasn't. He was on the pitch not tracking his man which led to their second goal.

• Advertisement

He didn't track Carvalhos run for their first. The midfield, period, did not track Lampard for his goal!

He didn't track Carvalhos run for their first. The midfield, period, did not track Lampard for his goal!

Sorry I was talking bout their first goal. lol The first chap said second.

A7X wrote: »
    Thought you were being a bit harsh on him alright, which I have known to be also :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just hearing on SSN that Foster has withdrawn from the England squad with a 'minor injury'. Might just be precautionary, but could mean PIG starts the season in goal.

damn you Necronomicon beat me to it

foster is the goalie version of hargreaves

Foster really didnt impress me on sunday. He looked really nervous, and I hope that's all it is, and I hope he learns to control it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

It'd be excellent news if Nani could return in time for next weekend. Maybe Ferguson was exaggerating the recovery time to get a free pass for the match wednesday. The calls to get a quick replacement, like Beckham on loan etc., are a bit of a shoulder-jerk reaction.

Even if Nani thought he was fit himself, i'd keep him out of the next couple of games unless we really need him - he dislocated his shoulder, needs to be carefull with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Whats the team selection gonna be for the brum game does anyone think?Reckon 4-3-3 as its a game we not only wanna win for that all important good start but get a few goals on the board also. Id go with:

Tommy K

JOS Rio Evans Evra

Fletcher Carrick Anderson

Valencia Berbatov Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Whats the team selection gonna be for the brum game does anyone think?Reckon 4-3-3 as its a game we not only wanna win for that all important good start but get a few goals on the board also. Id go with:

Tommy K

JOS Rio Evans Evra

Valencia Berbatov Rooney

i dont think you can go 4-3-3 just aginst brum, if 4-4-2 works against the best teams in the league thenit willeo worjkagainst brum, and also valencia is a winger

oh and also we say there are no top quality midfielders available, well, niko kranjcar has said he wont sign a new deal next summer so there might be a cut price deal in january or even now, top top player imo!

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    i dont think you can go 4-3-3 just aginst brum, if 4-4-2 works against the best teams in the league thenit willeo worjkagainst brum, and also valencia is a winger

Valencia is more than just a winger from what ive seen and is better suited to a more advanced role imo than Park Ji Sung if that is the formation deployed. We can always revert back to 4-4-2 if it does not work at any stage of the game and not forgetting Valencia to take the corners also. Berbatov needs a goal badly in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

A7X wrote: »

.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

beckham has been told he has to be playing for a european team if he wants to get into the english squad.....sneaky loan deal anyone? :D

Not on Beckhams type of wages. Plus hed want to playing more often than not and it wouldnt help the other wingers opportunities to grow as a player. But for 90th minute corners and 25 yarders....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think Beckham is smart enough to know he wouldn't be playing 90 minutes week in week out for a top half team in the Premiership. I also think he would take a pay cut to come back to Man Utd.

Personally, as I've said countless times, I would love to see him back in a UTD jersey, he's an ideal player to bring on for the last 20 minutes, he can completely change a game with one touch of the ball. Imagine Giggs and Beckam on the pitch again! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Vidic should take the penos.....

If you don't think so, you can tell him yourself, go on......... I dare ya.......

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Vidic should take the penos.....

If you don't think so, you can tell him yourself, go on......... I dare ya.......

nemanja...i dont think that you sh.....

*wakes up two days later*

....what happened?

I bet if SAF ever has some negative things to say to Vida (Not that he would) he would say it to Mike Phelan and send him off to tell Vidic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I think Beckham is smart enough to know he wouldn't be playing 90 minutes week in week out for a top half team in the Premiership

Wasn't he doing that week-in week-out at Milan while he was there (barring injury)?

I think Beckham is smart enough to know he wouldn't be playing 90 minutes week in week out for a top half team in the Premiership. I also think he would take a pay cut to come back to Man Utd.

Personally, as I've said countless times, I would love to see him back in a UTD jersey, he's an ideal player to bring on for the last 20 minutes, he can completely change a game with one touch of the ball. Imagine Giggs and Beckam on the pitch again! :)

sure why not throw on sir bobby (charlton) while you're at it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mink_man wrote: »
    sure why not throw on sir bobby (charlton) while you're at it!
    Why would I do that when I could make stupid comparisons?

it would be great to have him not as a first team starter obvioiusly but he could be a dangerous sub...still got a crackin cross and shot!

it would be great to have him not as a first team starter obvioiusly but he could be a dangerous sub...still got a crackin cross and shot!

And he could take the penos... (if vida lets him;))

DM-ICE wrote: »
    And he could take the penos... (if vida lets him;))

wouldnt let the fella near the peno spot tbh...just ask england!! :pac:

Anyone know where to get the best price on the new utd home jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Tommy K

JOS Rio Evans Evra

Valencia Berbatov Rooney
    A win is a win, no point worrying about racking up a big score.

433 with Rooney on the wing? No thanks. Ferguson nearly always plays 442 in the league anyway. It'll definitely be 442.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is Foster out injured for the game against Birmingham?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Anyone know where to get the best price on the new utd home jersey?

Here.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is Foster out injured for the game against Birmingham?
    He was pulled from the england squad as a precaution so its hard to know. Whether Nani also isnt risked for Portugal is another matter

• Advertisement

why are the jerseys only medium or extra large?! :confused:

why are the jerseys only medium or extra large?! :confused:

I know, im looking for XXL and i dont think any dodgy site have them

A large would be great if they had it. Unbeatable price though.

Headshot wrote: »
    I know, im looking for XXL and i dont think any dodgy site have them

Any other dodgy sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

• Advertisement

curry-muff wrote: »

Seems to be just medium and xl again. Are these sites safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I would not trust any site that sells the kit under €40! Read the small print on these sites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

+1

Considering the lack of relative talent we have in Midfield, compared to our rivals, I think having Beckham on the right Wing would definitely add something to the team.

Barce won the CL by passing it about, not by trying to beat players, and while Valencia and Nani are better at running with it, Beckham is a better passer of the ball than either of them could dream of being.

davyjose wrote: »
    +1

Considering the lack of relative talent we have in Midfield, compared to our rivals, I think having Beckham on the right Wing would definitely add something to the team.

Barce won the CL by passing it about, not by trying to beat players, and while Valencia and Nani are better at running with it, Beckham is a better passer of the ball than either of them could dream of being.

I'd rather we actually give Valencia a chance than bring Beckham back. I think you are being very unfair on Valencia - from what I have seen in preseason his delivery from out wide is brilliant. Nani, when he gets around to actually putting it in is also a brilliant crosser of the ball imo, just needs to be a lot quicker in actually doing it. But with regards beckham - i'd have him back as an option, for CM too, but he'd be second choice behind Valencia. Whatever Valencia may lack in crossing compared to Beckham (which isn't as much as you imply imo) is more than made up for by his ability to beat a man, his pace, power and defensive work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Although Valencia was dissapointing on Sunday as he seemed to eager too please the crowd, in pre-season he looked very sharp and is a much better crosser of the ball than Ronaldo which bodes well for Rooney & Berba in the middle, a real old fashioned winger.

However although I have always been a big fan of Nani, from open play his crosses are very good, but for some reason his corners always fail to miss the first man which is something that needs addressing badly if he wants to be considered the heir apparant.

Am looking forward to when the season actually starts on Sunday, we would need to start strong and get those nerves out of the way as early as possible. Roll on Birmingham :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement