Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boggles wrote: »
    Are people pinning their hopes on Nani for us this season? :eek:

Jaysus lads, I hate the smell of desperation in the morning. :(

Up to now, there has been little to seperate him and Babel but I have a feeling that Nani could be the determining factor in United's season, i.e. could largely address Ronaldo leaving.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If he can find the form he showed in the first half last week and maintain it then he'll be valuable. Consistency was always his problem though. And maturity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He's a player with undoubted talent and sometimes guys like that can have unexpected breakout seasons. Ronaldo did it somewhat unexpectedly when we lost Ruud, perhaps Nani can do the same thing this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

keane2097 wrote: »
    He's a player with undoubted talent and sometimes guys like that can have unexpected breakout seasons. Ronaldo did it somewhat unexpectedly when we lost Ruud, perhaps Nani can do the same thing this year...

Ronaldo was making 50+ appearances the 2 seasons before Ruud left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8197918.stm

You cant win anything without Ronaldo like prediction!

Think everyone apart from Phil Thompson & Mark Lawrenson have gone against United for the leage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

If he can find the form he showed in the first half last week and maintain it then he'll be valuable. Consistency was always his problem though. And maturity.

Yes, I agree with that, he looked promising and it was just a shame he got injured :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

with Ronaldo gone, I think Nani is the most likely player we have in midfield to provide moments of magic. He has teh ability on the ball, it is learning to use his abilities correctly that is the issue for him. If he can be a bit smarter on the ball this season, he could be quite an important player for us this year. I hope so anyway.

I'm not suggesting that he is suddenly going to become a world class talent - but i think he can certainly become a very effective player.

For most games this seaosn, where we're likely to be on top, i'd like to see Valencia and Nani on either side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

with Ronaldo gone, I think Nani is the most likely player we have in midfield to provide moments of magic. He has teh ability on the ball, it is learning to use his abilities correctly that is the issue for him. If he can be a bit smarter on the ball this season, he could be quite an important player for us this year. I hope so anyway.

I'm not suggesting that he is suddenly going to become a world class talent - but i think he can certainly become a very effective player.

For most games this seaosn, where we're likely to be on top, i'd like to see Valencia and Nani on either side.

Good call on Nani, he has the skills just needs the attitude.

Do you have confidence in Valencia now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Boggles wrote: »
    Ronaldo was making 50+ appearances the 2 seasons before Ruud left.

True but it wasn't until after Ruud left that he went from irritatingly flashy and the all tricks no end product stuff to actually good player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Good call on Nani, he has the skills just needs the attitude.

Do you have confidence in Valencia now?

Of the wingers we currently have, he is probably the most consistent offensively. I've no idea how good he can become, but he's probably the best of what we've got. I'd prefer to have Ronaldo though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Tevez doesn't start.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is it better for your pride to be kept out of the team for Berbatov or Bellamy I wonder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

LOL at fat wnaker tevez not starting, injury or no injury...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what im shocked

wonder will he have a go a city in the newspapers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Great to see Tevez on the bench. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Headshot wrote: »
    what im shocked

Mr Hughes did not ring me or send a message, it's not fair, I'm moving to Manchester to play more games.:pac:

Mr Hughes did not ring me or send a message, it's not fair, I'm moving to Manchester city for the money money ya ya ,money money ya ya

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

what im shocked

Going to be a long season :rolleyes:

Whats the predictions for the starting 11 tomorrow?

Is evans fit?

Mine

Tommy Wotsit

O'Shea Brown/Evans Rio Evra

Valencia Fletcher Carrick Park

Rooney Berba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I understand he chose City over United lads, but Tevez was obviously carrying a knock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Liam O wrote: »
    Is it better for your pride to be kept out of the team for Berbatov or Bellamy I wonder :)
    only1stevo wrote: »
    what im shocked

I think he is only back from an injury
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8185179.stm

Do yous miss him that much?

United fans you have top love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I understand he chose City over United lads, but Tevez was obviously carrying a knock lads :rolleyes:

Liverpool were after him aswell?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Going to be a long season :rolleyes:

sure is :rolleyes:
    Whats the predictions for the starting 11 tomorrow?

Is evans fit?

Mine

Tommy Wotsit

O'Shea Brown/Evans Rio Evra

Valencia Fletcher Carrick Park

Rooney Berba

mine would be

foster
    oshea--brown--Rio
    evra
    valenica---carrick--ando---park
    berba---Rooney

it wouldnt surprise me to see tosic given a chance tomorrow,iv a sneaky feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

---Ben Foster (Last Chance)---

JOS---Ferdinand---Evans---Evra

Valencia---Fletcher---Carrick---Park

Rooney---Berbatov

Its tough to say though as were still waiting on the news of the fitness of evans and brown, if evans is out i could see JOS in centre and Brown out right :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

have to say i would be starting fletcher every day of the week ahead of anderson

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Liverpool were after him aswell?

media linked us alright, but not sure if we were though, kinda out of our price range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think a fit Brown would start over a fit Evans no?

nope brown lacks matches atm

i only put him in my team because evans is a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

only1stevo wrote: »
    Disgraceful. Not what these threads are about surely?

nope brown lacks matches atm

i only put him in my team because evans is a doubt
    Well then I hope Evan's is injured then because I have Brown in my FF! :D

• Advertisement

I would expect Evans over Brown. Evans had a very good season last year and he plays well with Rio or Vidic. For me Brown is more likely to play full back when fit.

Bit i'm no Sir Alex

Bandit12 wrote: »

lol

you havent seen the liverpool thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

redzerdrog wrote: »
    have to say i would be starting fletcher every day of the week ahead of anderson

Really?

In a game where we will most likely have 75% possesion, and have a bus parked infront of there goal, i think a creative player like Anderson is just what we need. Darren Fletcher is brilliant, but hes not one to rely on to create.

FOSTER

O'SHEA--BROWN--FERDINAND--EVRA

VALENCIA--ANDERSON--CARRICK--NANI

BERBATOV--ROONEY

Is what i think we should go with. Last 2 seasons we have started with 1-1 draws. That is unacceptable tomorrow, and thus, i think we need creative players out there, scoring goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

lol

you havent seen the liverpool thread :pac:

You need some patience to shift through the sh'te in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The waiting is so nearly over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Bandit12 wrote: »

But posting:

What's the difference between Everton and a black cab?
    The black cab only let's in 5.

On the liverpool thread is? :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Really?

In a game where we will most likely have 75% possesion, and have a bus parked infront of there goal, i think a creative player like Anderson is just what we need. Darren Fletcher is brilliant, but hes not one to rely on to create.

But when Fletcher (Or when hargreaves used to be fit enough to play) plays it allows the full backs to attack, Fletch will cover for them. Carrick and Anderson wouldn't bother always show the same level of responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Really?

Either Fetcher and Carrick or Fletcher and Anderson would be my choice.I would think Fletcher has a spot nailed on in CM this season ahead of Carrick or Anderson unless United make a major signing which i doubt.No point mentioning Hargreaves at this time as his future is uncertain.

Really?

FOSTER

O'SHEA--BROWN--FERDINAND--EVRA

VALENCIA--ANDERSON--CARRICK--NANI

BERBATOV--ROONEY

Is what i think we should go with. Last 2 seasons we have started with 1-1 draws. That is unacceptable tomorrow, and thus, i think we need creative players out there, scoring goals.

the thing is it is a myth that anderson is in any way creative he never scores and has feck all assists to his name for man utd id actually bet that fletcher has a better goals and assist record in the league than ando.

But when Fletcher (Or when hargreaves used to be fit enough to play) plays it allows the full backs to attack, Fletch will cover for them. Carrick and Anderson wouldn't bother.

This is just not true.

Firstly, to say that Ando doesnt bother is just a load of crap tbh. He works very hard.

And is this just another chance to bash Carrick. He shields our defence really well and its with him sitting there that allows our FB's to bomb on.

In the home games against teams like B'ham Ando is a far better weapon imo than Fletch. Flecth is much more effective in the bigger games where we need energy for 90 minutes which for some reason Ando just cant do. Just on this, what do people think the reason is that Anderson just fades around the 55th minute mark?

• Advertisement

the thing is it is a myth that anderson is in any way creative he never scores and has feck all assists to his name for man utd id actually bet that fletcher has a better goals and assist record in the league than ando.

fail

Sorry but Anderson is creative. I don't know the stats myself but I have watched anderson make enough creative passes to consider him a creative player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He has 'drive' which may lead to the pass that leads to the assist etc.Fletcher/Carrick can slow the move down but Anderson does try to bomb forward not always with success.

Lads, is there anyone here who truly believes we'll get no. 19 this season?

I have to say, if we're to win it, Rooney, Anderson & Nani have to step up BIG TIME! If they don't, then I think we'll be struggling to even make 2nd place tbh.

Lads, is there anyone here who truly believes we'll get no. 19 this season?

I have to say, if we're to win it, Rooney, Anderson & Nani have to step up BIG TIME! If they don't, then I think we'll be struggling to even make 2nd place tbh.

MagicMaker to tell you the truth im very confident in our team

i truly believe there's a enough class in that team to win

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    This is just not true.

Firstly, to say that Ando doesnt bother is just a load of crap tbh. He works very hard.

And is this just another chance to bash Carrick. He shields our defence really well and its with him sitting there that allows our FB's to bomb on.

In the home games against teams like B'ham Ando is a far better weapon imo than Fletch. Flecth is much more effective in the bigger games where we need energy for 90 minutes which for some reason Ando just cant do. Just on this, what do people think the reason is that Anderson just fades around the 55th minute mark?

Your right, i used the worng words there. i shopuld of said Fletcher shows more will and responsibility to defend.

Fletcher always covers in defence. Anderson and Carrick when they make the defensive runs often find themselves behind the guy they are chasing.

Carrick can be responsible when the guy he is covering is close to him, but he not as responsible as fletcher who will bust a gut to cover space thats not near him. Thats more important in games like this when his partner is getting forward in attack.

In bigger games that space shouldn't exist as his midfield partner will be beside him.

fail

sorry if i was wrong i taught he never scored a league goal for yas. Even IF he has id say fletcher prob has equal if not more

sorry if i was wrong i taught he never scored a league goal for yas. Even IF he has id say fletcher prob has equal if not more

ando has scored but only in preseason

but you said "the thing is it is a myth that anderson is in any way creative he never scores and has feck all assists to his name"

so i took it that you ment never in his man utd career

Your right, i used the worng words there. i shopuld of said Fletcher shows more will and responsibility to defend.

Fletcher always covers in defence. Anderson and Carrick when they make the defensive runs often find themselves behind the guy they are chasing.

Carrick can be responsible when the guy he is covering is close to him, but he not as responsible as fletcher who will bust a gut to cover space thats not near him. Thats more important in games like this when his partner is getting forward in attack.

In bigger games that space shouldn't exist as his midfield partner will be beside him.

Oh ok, makes more sense then.

A lot of that comes down to the fact that Fletch is not normal, he just doesnt stop running :D

In Carricks defence I think thats just not what he's asked to do. When say you were talking earlier about tracking runs when the FB isnt there then Carrick will do this but first and foremost he is there to cover the runs centrally and also a lot of what he does goes unseen. Instead of making tackles he will intercept. I just think he's an incredibly intelligent footballer and gets way too much flak on here.

• Advertisement

he has no goals & 3 assists in the league at his time at United.

he is not "creative".

maybe one day he will be, but not yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement