Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Erm yes thats exactly what i thought. I actually though this guy is going to be fifa world player of the year someday but i expected it to happen after he left united.

yeah... right.:rolleyes: easy to say now.

d22ontour wrote: »
    He isn't the best player in the world though. Messi is and that's a fhact:D

he wasnt when ronaldo banged in those 42? goals in one season and helped united win the league and champs league.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol at Assists equaling creativity.

Throughout his career, Scholes used to average 2 or 3 assists in the entire league season. And you'd say he isn't creative? Stats mean **** all a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Watch Goals on Sunday right now,

I have never seen anyone as hungover on television as Jamie Redknapp is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »
    lol at Assists equaling creativity.

Throughout his career, Scholes used to average 2 or 3 assists in the entire league season. And you'd say he isn't creative? Stats mean **** all a lot of the time.

in fairness, Scholes also got 15-20 goals a season to go with those assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Have to say I agree that Anderson is pure class. He is strong as a bull, good passer, strong dribbler, hard worker and still very young. Would love to see him take the penalties and free kicks this season to get him off the mark. He went a little off the boil for a bit last season but came back strong in the run in.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    in fairness, Scholes also got 15-20 goals a season to go with those assists.

Absolutely, but we're talking about creativity. Anderson still has lots to do to match Scholes' overall contribution, but in terms of creativity, he's very similar, and you can't measure that in assists alone, because as everyone realises bar one or two, that's a stupid way to do it.

Something I'm starting this year:

Major decisions that have gone against United this season

16th August - Birmingham - Definate penalty not given on Berbatov by Carr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

any updates on Vidic and Rio ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    any updates on Vidic and Rio ?

vidic was back in training on friday and rio is going for a scan on monday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

anplaya wrote: »
    yeah... right.:rolleyes: easy to say now.

:eek:

I can't believe you used :rolleyes:.

Well player sir, well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Headshot wrote: »
    vidic was back in training on friday and rio is going for a scan on monday

Rio faces two-week lay-off

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8204143.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok well i really wasnt happy with the performance today, and i think alot of that came from Ryan Giggs if im totally honest. Nani looked good, but then Giggs came on and tried all these fancy flicks, he just gave the ball away everytime he had it and we just looked **** in the second half. I think Carrick should have played today because when he plays we flow well.

Rooney on the other hand. Put it this way, should we win something this season, it will be 90% down to Wayne Rooney. Now undoubtably the heart of our team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Rooney on the other hand. Put it this way, should we win something this season, it will be 90% down to Wayne Rooney. Now undoubtably the heart of our team.

He always was IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

After watching Fletcher today, I really think he could be a big big player for Man U this season. He has to be first-choice centre midfield, great player who's come on leaps and bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Ok well i really wasnt happy with the performance today, and i think alot of that came from Ryan Giggs if im totally honest. Nani looked good, but then Giggs came on and tried all these fancy flicks, he just gave the ball away everytime he had it and we just looked **** in the second half.

He kept getting drawn into the middle & that left flank was badly exposed for the entire 2nd half.
    He can be a useful player in the centre, preferably in a 3 man midfield against poor opposition, or perhaps as 2nd striker if we're trying to see out a game that's already won, but I do not want to see him on the wing again!

im in a good mood :D

anybody see this today

stokes Ryan Shawcross has been linked with utd today

utd suppose to have a clause in his contract,so we have first refusal

im in a good mood :D

anybody see this today

stokes Ryan Shawcross has been linked with utd today

utd suppose to have a clause in his contract,so we have first refusal

He is supposed to be one of England's better young defenders. But where is he going to fit in the team?

Even with some horrible defensive injuries we put out a pretty damn good back 4 today lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good day folks :)

It wasn't a great performance but after the last 2 seasons starts I will grab the 3 points. Disappointed with Berbatov though. I was impressed with him pre season and the community shield but he looked like last seasons Berba today.

Thought Berbatov did well myself.

Vital in the goal build up, few nice dribbles, should have won a pen, generally got himself about.

• Advertisement

He is supposed to be one of England's better young defenders. But where is he going to fit in the team?

Even with some horrible defensive injuries we put out a pretty damn good back 4 today lol.

I know it sound daft alright but with recent Rio problems and the age of brown
    I can see a bit of logic in it
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Good day folks :)

It wasn't a great performance but after the last 2 seasons starts I will grab the 3 points. Disappointed with Berbatov though. I was impressed with him pre season and the community shield but he looked like last seasons Berba today.

just bad day for berba today,he usually has superb touches but just couldnt get going today

bad day at the office that's all

folks is the Burnley v Man Utd on tv

im looking for the mid week match and it seems no one has them?

folks is the Burnley v Man Utd on tv

im looking for the mid week match and it seems no one has them?

Not on SKY/ESPN/Setanta...

Stream :mad:

Not on SKY/ESPN/Setanta...

Stream :mad:

that's a disgrace

pay so much for sky and ESPN and some folks even have setanta and we cant see all the live matches

it's a joke

that's a disgrace

pay so much for sky and ESPN and some folks even have setanta and we cant see all the live matches

it's a joke

ha, what a thing to say.

do you thin Man United should be on the TV just because they are Man United, regardless of the team they are playing and at the expense of other clubs playing important matches.

There is nothing that sickens me more then when RTE show United in the last round of the CL group stages despite the fact they are already through when some other match like Valencia Vs Inter gets neglected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

that's a disgrace

it's a joke

MUTV show all the games delayed by a few hours. mid week games will be on midnight. Not ideal but better than not seeing the game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Valencia vs Inter will be on Sky Sports. United will get far more viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Good win today, Owen was very unlucky not to score right at the end I reckon he's going to be good for at least 15 goals this season barring injuries.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good win today, Owen was very unlucky not to score right at the end I reckon he's going to be good for at least 15 goals this season barring injuries.

He will be dabgerous when we have a lead and the other side are chasing. Still covers ten yards quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Would take 3 points on the opening day anytime , OK today was not our best display but there where incouraging signs Nani and Valenica on the wings looked good given us good wide and options , Rooney and Berbs are starting to link up well , Though Fabio had a very good game . Ps great to not see Rooney having to run back 60 yards to help out.
    But then again maybe its the pool result that has me seeing thing Rosie:D

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    Valencia vs Inter will be on Sky Sports. United will get far more viewers.

I know, but RTE is meant to be balanced and for the good of the taxpayers, as opposed to a profit making mechanism, heck it bleeds money.

so I just think that if for eg. 80% of the population want to see a United game every week, then 80% of the time they should show United, not 100%

(please don't argue the 80% that is just a made up number)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

How do fellas. Wasn't overly impressed with the performance today, but a win is a win.
    Thought Foster was much improved since his Charity Shield nerves, good save from Benitez/Chucho I think it was.
    Back 4 was solid enough. One thing that pis$ed me off, and always does I might add, is when Giggs/Neville come on, they get handed the captains armband.
    Now I know they are club vice captain/captain, but what was so wrong with letting O Shea hang onto it for the 90 minutes. He was very nearly man of the match for me today, yet Giggs comes on, takes the armband and has a stinker! Sorry for ranting but it does annoy me.

Berba still showed some great touches even though it wasn't his best game.
    Rooney was his usual busy self, could have had a couple more but for the "City Reject" (that made me chuckle when the crowd were singing :D)
    Hopefully Owen will get off the mark soon because that 1 v 1 chance he had, he would have buried in his prime.

Overall I think the team is playing better as a unit without the focus on just one player. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

If a United Fan pays 60 euro for their skysports package plus another 10/15 for ESPN then they have a right to feel pissed off when a match isnt shown on TV.

Think it last happened with the Wigan game last season that turned out to be a v important game. Surely if Sky/Espn choose not to offer live coverage of a game some other broadcaster ie MUTV or whoever can show it live??

TonyD79 wrote: »
    If a United Fan pays 60 euro for their skysports package plus another 10/15 for ESPN then they have a right to feel pissed off when a match isnt shown on TV.

Does a Chelsea fan paying the same amount have the same right?
    if so they would be pissed off most weeks.

Well, there is NO premiership games live on TV midweek.

I think Chelsea fans will be just as pissed off as we are.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    :eek:

I can't believe you used :rolleyes:.

Well player sir, well played.

and you too also with your :eek:

as they say,well playeD sir, well playeD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Does a Chelsea fan paying the same amount have the same right?
    if so they would be pissed off most weeks.
    Chelsea are on the box as much as United and so are the other top teams.

If all the games are on TV in Asia then surely we can get to see them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Chelsea are on the box as much as United and so are the other top teams.

If all the games are on TV in Asia then surely we can get to see them here.
    It's not the TV companies fault that they can't show every game, the PL and EU competition laws limit what they can show. Do you not think that if Sky could show every game through the interactive feature they use for the CL they would? They have to try to keep fans of every club happy and if they only showed their teams when the top 4 were playing them then I would imagine they would cancel their subscriptions fairly quickly.

ha, what a thing to say.

do you thin Man United should be on the TV just because they are Man United, regardless of the team they are playing and at the expense of other clubs playing important matches.

There is nothing that sickens me more then when RTE show United in the last round of the CL group stages despite the fact they are already through when some other match like Valencia Vs Inter gets neglected.

do you really think rte should show the Valencia Vs Inter

lol

you do know this is ireland :confused:

rte wont get the ratings or the advertising for the Valencia Vs Inter match

im back from the cinema, go watch Inglourious Basterds
    that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No, it's the Epl's fault all the matches aren't on live. Barcelona and Real sell off all their rights for €1bn+ in Spain and all their games are shown live. The EPL doesn't want this to happen because the smaller teams get money on the back of the demand for United, Liverpool etc. It's a load of crap tbh.

If the Irish rights are different from the UK rights then we should be able to get different providers to buy the rights up but Sky have a large base in Ireland and would block any moves.

Liam O wrote: »
    No, it's the Epl's fault all the matches aren't on live. Barcelona and Real sell off all their rights for €1bn+ in Spain and all their games are shown live. The EPL doesn't want this to happen because the smaller teams get money on the back of the demand for United, Liverpool etc. It's a load of crap tbh.

If the Irish rights are different from the UK rights then we should be able to get different providers to buy the rights up but Sky have a large base in Ireland and would block any moves.

when the Glazers took over, the EPL were ****ting themselves that utd would brake away and sell their rights to watch utd

dont know why they didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

To break the collective agreement you need the vote of something like 6 or 7 of the other clubs. It would be turkeys voting for Christmas for the other clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

im fairly annoyed that we have to settle for a feckin stream mid week too, pretty much every team has the right to be annoyed i dont hink headshot just meant utd deserves to be there over every team period, he just wants to watch the match....and whats wrong with that?!

oh and....
    im back from the cinema, go watch Inglourious Basterds
    that is all

i 100% agree......incredibly brilliant movie!

im fairly annoyed that we have to settle for a feckin stream mid week too, pretty much every team has the right to be annoyed i dont hink headshot just meant utd deserves to be there over every team period, he just wants to watch the match....and whats wrong with that?!

oh and....

i 100% agree......incredibly brilliant movie!

nope didnt mean just man utd either

no EPL match will be shown

look at mondays epl matches

Sunderland v Chelsea

Wigan Athletic v Wolves

tuesdays games

Birmingham v Portsmouth

Burnley v Man Utd

Hull v Tottenham

Liverpool v Stoke

all those games and not one of them is on sky,setanta or ESPN

:confused:

I don't know if anyone here has heard of this but apparently the way the Glazers are going to clear the debt is with a megabuck merchandising deal with Nike. A few years ago we signed a £500m deal with Nike for the club's merchandise which will be up for renewal either next year or the year after that and is expected to be around £750m this time which would mean problem solved. The Glazers are good owners so if they can clear the debt like this I'd be delighted. That would be some coup for them, getting the club basically for free :eek:

• Advertisement

I don't know if anyone here has heard of this but apparently the way the Glazers are going to clear the debt is with a megabuck merchandising deal with Nike. A few years ago we signed a £500m deal with Nike for the club's merchandise which will be up for renewal either next year or the year after that and is expected to be around £750m this time which would mean problem solved. The Glazers are good owners so if they can clear the debt like this I'd be delighted. That would be some coup for them, getting the club basically for free :eek:

****ing hell

where did you hear this liam ?

man utd biggest brand in the world baby

not sure will that be enough to clear the debts,im too tired to google the debt size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Will not be as simple as that im sure.

What would then happen to our annual profits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Not too sure on this subject but wouldnt individual clubs selling off their rights create a HUGE gap in the league? The big teams would be able to command more money, allowing them to pay their players more, attract other players and maintain success. Cant see how that model could work

I do find it amazing, though, that there are matches that are'nt on tv. I mean, the premier league gets HUGE money for those rights anyway, so why does it matter how many games are shown live. Every game is filmed like, so why cant they show it in the UK. It amazes me that in a country as soccer mad as the UK, one cannot watch every match on tv. Sky and ESPN between them should be showing every match in the season. Its technically possible, of course it is, so why is it not done?

Dont mind the streams for now though!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Disappointed not to see Anderson today. I think its his time to step up to the plate. Perhaps fergies saving him for the more scrappy game against burnley away

****ing hell

where did you hear this liam ?

man utd biggest brand in the world baby

not sure will that be enough to clear the debts,im too tired to google the debt size

one poster on redrants.com was talking about it a while back. Thinking about it it seems very plausible when you think about the amount of merchandise the club must sell and all with the Nike Swoosh on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement