Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

WOOP WOOP....come on United, on we go now and seal the deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Match of the Day is not to be missed tonight lads. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Great day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Time to calm down now lads, long long way to go. Great day, but nothing decided yet.

Will certainly enjoy MOTD though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'm thinking Fergie will defo let Big Sam win their next round of golf :pac:

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Listen. I might consider a threesome.

Actually I would only consider a threesome, I'd need someone to look after my wallet and watch you Scouse Git. ;)

I'm not scouse, I'm as Irish as yourself :)

You used to be a half decent poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

What a happy happy day :)

I'm thinking Fergie will defo let Big Sam win their next round of golf :pac:

Ah yeah the bottle of wine is on its way down as we speak. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Oh jesus, this is some day! Chelsea drawing :) United beating Liverpool :D

...I think I may need to lie down..

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm not scouse, I'm as Irish as yourself :)

You used to be a half decent poster.

Please stop quoting him.

16 by the way, just to nip this in the bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Boggles is 16?

Not to be a dick but if thats true it does make things a hell of a lot clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fùck yeah, what a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Honestly lads, some of ye need to change yer tampons.

Discussing my age? FFS!!!

I'm gona throw this out there, Neville should get a new contract.

Discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Honestly lads, some of ye need to change yer tampons.

Discussing my age? FFS!!!

Discuss.

Coaching contract ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Discuss.

He's very handy to have, especially at this end of the season with all his experience. Id say give him another year...

I wouldnt give him one considering how we have O'Shea, Brown and Rafael.

Also club armband to Fletch in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

enviro wrote: »
    In our own hands now, I love it!

It was before our result with Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

redout wrote: »
    I wouldnt give him one considering how we have O'Shea, Brown and Rafael.

Also club armband to Fletch in my opinion.

With the amount of injuries we have had we should defo give Nevile a new one year contract as an experienced back up. If Rafael is going to be our right back in the long run then theres no point in wasting money on another right back. The only signing we need in the summer is someone who can carry the can if Rooney is out injured for long periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im worried about CL clashing with the PL

Saturday, 27 March 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Bolton v Man Utd, 17:30

Tuesday, 30 March 2010
    Uefa Champions League
    Bayern Munich v Man Utd, QF, L1, 19:45

Saturday, 3 April 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Chelsea, 12:45

Wednesday, 7 April 2010
    Uefa Champions League
    Man Utd v Bayern Munich, QF, L2, 19:45

Sunday, 11 April 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Blackburn v Man Utd, 13:30

Saturday, 17 April 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v Man Utd, 12:45

Sunday, 25 April 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Tottenham, 14:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Sunderland v Man Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Stoke, 15:00

our GD is 5 ahead of Chelsea and 7 ahead of Arsenal which is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Neville has shown he is deserving of another year imo, no problem having him as 3rd/4th choice rb and cb cover in an emergency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Saturday, 3 April 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Chelsea, 12:45

Wednesday, 7 April 2010
    Uefa Champions League
    Man Utd v Bayern Munich, QF, L2, 19:45

Thats the one I dont fcukin like.

EDIT: Donkeys.Quoted the wrong part.Meh too lazy to fix

TonyD79 wrote: »
    With the amount of injuries we have had we should defo give Nevile a new one year contract as an experienced back up. If Rafael is going to be our right back in the long run then theres no point in wasting money on another right back. The only signing we need in the summer is someone who can carry the can if Rooney is out injured for long periods.

I reckon we need a keeper who will gradually be weened in over next season to replace VDS, someone for the left wing, a creative influence in midfield and a proven forward.

EDIT: Ideally I would like Neuer, Mata, Banega and Villa but lets be serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

But with Arsenal having the easier run in I can see them scoring plenty of goals. Just saw Andy Grays predictions on Sky. I think its vital we beat Chelsea at home as theres bound to be a banana skin somewhere else along the line possibly at the council house. Arsenals next game away to a decent Birmingham side is massive now imo.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    But with Arsenal having the easier run in I can see them scoring plenty of goals. Just saw Andy Grays predictions on Sky. I think its vital we beat Chelsea at home as theres bound to be a banana skin somewhere else along the line possibly at the council house. Arsenals next game away to a decent Birmingham side is massive now imo.

the CL will **** them up i reckon
    I reckon we need a keeper who will gradually be weened in over next season to replace VDS, someone for the left wing, a creative influence in midfield and a proven forward.

not sure about a striker now, what utd are desperate missing is a creative midfielder, we play the 4-5-1 which is to protect the weak midfield imo, get that proper class midfielder in and we'll be sorted.

as for LW, idk about that, Nani does drive me nuts but he can play brilliantly in some games, just no consistency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

well done today lads. been a while for ya's so enjoy it x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its turned out to be a fantastic day.beating d pool for the first time in a while and big sam doing us a favour,Ididnt think things would be looking so good this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well done today lads. been a while for ya's so enjoy it x

What I love about this post is it just sums up our different priorities. You know what was as good as beating Liverpool today, Blackburn drawing to Chelsea. Both results brought me equal joy :)

It's been a ****ing great day, a great day. Where to next?

Here's the list of our possible fixtures this year.

Sat 27th - Bolton [A]

Tue 30th - Bayern [A]

Sat 3rd - Chelsea [H]

Wed 7th - Bayern [H]

Sun 11th - Blackburn [A]

Sat 17th - City [A]

20/21st - CL Semi [A]

Sun 25th - Spurs [H]

27/28 - CL Semi [H]

Sat 1st - Sunderland [A]

Sun 9th - Stoke [H]

Sat 22nd - CL Final

PHB wrote: »
    What I love about this post is it just sums up our different priorities. You know what was as good as beating Liverpool today, Blackburn drawing to Chelsea. Both results brought me equal joy :)

It's been a ****ing great day, a great day. Where to next?

Exactly my thoughts when I read it.

Small time vs Big time.

• Advertisement

IMO, at home we are very strong, and could easily take max points there against Spurs, Stoke and hopefully Chelsea.

Away to Sunderland, City, Blackburn and Bolton? City are obviously the hardest there.

The Bayern-Chelsea-Bayern run will be tough, as will the potential semi-Spurs-semi, however at least both PL games are at home.

12 matches away from a special season :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We still have chelsea and city to play. It's great that it's in our hands for the moment. But we still have chelsea and city to play.
    Squeaky bum time before this season is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Honest question here.

Whats the feeling towards Carrick on here? A year ago, he was absolutely crucial to everything United did, made them tick, best midfielder in the league(according to people on here). Now he isnt worthy of a place in the team according to some people in the match thread today.

Carrick was in the first 2 seasons an outstanding centrla midfielder at the core of our success. Since Hargreaves has been bought, his form has suffered massively. He is now very inconsistant. For every good game he has, he has 2 bad ones. Right now, I think he's not good enough for United, and we still need Scholes to win lots of games. Fletcher needs a world class partner, and imo Carrick isn't it. I don't think he'll ever be it. But I hope he can get back to his first two seasons' levels, because even though he wasn't good enough in a tight game, he provides an extremely good option in the middle against weaker teams where his passing hurts them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Melion wrote: »
    Honest question here.

Whats the feeling towards Carrick on here? A year ago, he was absolutely crucial to everything United did, made them tick, best midfielder in the league(according to people on here). Now he isnt worthy of a place in the team according to some people in the match thread today.

He's worthy of a place in the team normally, he's just having a bad couple of months is all. Hopefully he snaps out of it.

He's worthy of a place in the team at the moment for the want of a better option, but he should be replaced in the Summer. Too many games simply pass him by, when as an international calibre midfield player he should stamp his authority on the game and dictate the pace of the game with his best asset, his passing. He also gets cruelly exposed in tight games when his close control and poor touch let him down badly. He also doesn't demand the ball like all top class midfielders do.

• Advertisement

Honest question here.

I was always a big supporter of him but he's been on a downward slump for a while now. He was poor last year and he has taken that form into this season. I think most United fans feel more relaxed when Scholes is in there.

It would probably be in both the club's and his own best interest for him to move on elsewhere. It might be a similar situation to Richard Dunne. A change of scenery could do him the world of good. I like the guy. Top professional but just can't offer what the team needs any more and I don't think he will again. At least not consistently.

97918351.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5548B8449A3570BEA63B00136D9052EC1A79F85C58DBB32EC

this made me laugh

also I see the glazers were at the match today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Carrick is fantastic against smaller weaker teams that stand off and dont press. That buy into the United aura. He has time against these teams to control, think, pick a pass and admire. Against these teams he is dynamic and a great focal point.

Against teams that press, or have wiser/better more football intelligent players his skills are diluted. He no longer looks as composed. He panics. He very rarely offers something dynamic against these teams, he prefers the safe pass, sideways or backwards. Of course there are exceptions to the above analysis, but they are only that.

He's Jekyll and Hyde.

All imo amateur opinion obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

EDIT: Ideally I would like Neuer, Mata, Banega and Villa but lets be serious!

Who is Mata again??

Honest question here.

He's gone so far off the boil at a time in his career when he should be well able to perform consistently that I'd fear for him ever reaching his best for United again.

At his current level of performance, he's far from good enough for United imo.

I've been a fan of his in general over the years fwiw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Honest question here.

I've never been a fan of Carrick. He has always had a very poor first touch and close control and I've always been critical of this. He gets away with it against the smaller teams who sit deep and therefor give him time and space to turn and play his passes. Also, for the previous two seasons, he has gotten away with in the big games, to a degree, when we've played an ultra defensive style with Scholes staying beside him and not getting ahead of play - that has suited Carrick's limited abilities.

The thing about him is though, with his tracking of runs into the box he does a good job (only good, not great) of covering the defence. Imo the problem for the team right now is that the only other player who could be relied upon to do that job is Fletcher, but if Fletch is given Carrick's job then we lose the energy further up the pitch, which would be a big loss. Having him on the pitch is a compromise that sometimes has to be made just now. If we get in some more quality for our central midfield in the summer then we won't have to make the compromise anymore and Carrick can become the back up player he should be at United.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who is Mata again??

valencia winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Who is Mata again??

We wont be signing him, so it doesnt really Mata.

Headshot wrote: »
    valencia winger

Hmm, don't know anything about him - I thought Silva was the hot property winger from that neck of the woods?

Hmm, don't know anything about him - I thought Silva was the hot property winger from that neck of the woods?

mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A clever player, he possesses great pace, intelligence, goalscoring ability, and good looks.[1]

Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just home from OT fantastic result for us. Did not think it was great game but who cares a win is win.

Imo Fletcher was Man of match had great game. Rooney was good as was Valencia and Evra.

Taught Carrick had poor enough game from watching it live.

Was delighted to see Blackburn grind out draw too, we cant complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well it was a lot better then the display at Blackburn ..... fair play to united, it's games like that that win leagues ..... if (when) united win this year - will that be a record 4th league in a row ?? club and for the premier league ??

At least the league seems to be going to a team that deserve it and are a
    class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Honest question here.

Muck!!

He needs a good kick up the back and if Keane was on the same pitch he may have got it a few times. He has no agression and is far to relaxed and thats his downfall. If he had any agression i honeslty believe he would be a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

papagormo wrote: »
    Blackburn will be the bane for the 3 contenders, ye read it here first.

i wish i wasnt right on that statement.
    thats one contender down blackburn, now stop the other two thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement