Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Not saying he isnt a good crosser of the ball but he didnt cross very often in general play when he was doing the step overs & scoring 42 goals. Im sure Valencia would murder him in the ol opta stats for delivering crosses in.

Even so i still think Ronaldo would have a better stats record at crossing then Valencia.

Ronaldo was at Manutd for 6yrs making 196Apps and Scoring 84Goals

Vanlencia has made 29Apps and scored 5 Goals.

I would be amazed if Valencia had better stats at crossing in his short time at Manutd with so few appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Vanbis wrote: »

Ronaldo was at Manutd for 6yrs making 196Apps and Scoring 186Goals

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The Muppet wrote: »
    He's played well the last few games after nani took his place for a while. He's been ok up to that considering he's new and needed to settle but nothing more than that really.

He's been very impressive from about 7 or 8 games in imo.

EDIT: The fact that we have looked a far more balanced team this year compared to last is due in no small part to Valencia's extremely effective performances on the right hand side for us, as distinct from how we performed with Ronaldo filling that postion for us in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

keane2097 wrote: »
    He's been very impressive ffrom about 7 or 8 games in imo.

I wouldn't agree.

On a completely different note I see season ticket prices have been frozen for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Even so i still think Ronaldo would have a better stats record at crossing then Valencia.

Ronaldo was at Manutd for 6yrs making 196Apps and Scoring 186Goals

Vanlencia has made 29Apps and scored 5 Goals.

I would be amazed if Valencia had better stats at crossing in his short time at Manutd with so few appearances.

Where in the name of god did you get them figures ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

redout wrote: »
    Where in the name of god did you get them figures ?

Wiki, hardly accurate i know but to say Valencia has better stats at crossing then Ronaldo when he has only played half-season and Ronaldo was here for six years is mind boggling.

Wiki, hardly accurate i know but to say Valencia has better stats at crossing then Ronaldo when he has only played half-season and Ronaldo was here for six years is mind boggling.

Well them figures you quoted are definitely inaccurate. I mean 186 goals in 196 apps ? Unless he was Gerd Muller then I would say they are far off.

Valencia has 7 goals in 42 apps this season.

31 starts

11 sub

redout wrote: »
    Well them figures you quoted are definitely inaccurate. I mean 186 goals in 196 apps ? Unless he was Gerd Muller then I

Sorry, i ment 84 goals in 196Apps.

Anyway i made my point.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo Goals

League = 84 goals
    FA Cup = 13
    League Cup = 4
    Others = 16
    Total = 117 goals

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sorry, i ment 84 goals in 196Apps.

Anyway i made my point.
    You said Ronaldo scored 186 goals in 196 apps in response to Valencia puts more crosses in than Ronaldo. Yes, you certainly did make your point - but it eludes me for a start.

You said Ronaldo scored 186 goals in 196 apps in response to Valencia puts more crosses in than Ronaldo. Yes, you certainly did make your point - but it eludes me for a start.

Ok maybe not a point made but to think Valencia has put more crosses in half a season then Ronaldo did in six seasons is just silly.

Valencia has a fair few assists this season. 11 I think it is. I have a stat analysis of the whole team which I keep and update after a match is played. I will post it up later.

Ok maybe not a point made but to think Valencia has put more crosses in half a season then Ronaldo did in six seasons is just silly.

Ever hear of percentages? I'd imagine that is the point being made.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ever hear of percentages?

Why you got some?

• Advertisement

48363050.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Phenomenal return from Giggs. Half the appearances than Valencia and more assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Glazers enter the pr battle

announced a price freeze for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ronaldo
    6 Seasons
    196 Premier League Games
    84 Premier League Goals
    65 Premier League Assists

Valencia
    4 Seasons
    112 Premier League Games
    12 Premier League Goals (5 this season)
    25 Premier League Assists (11 this season)

The players are asked to do very different things though

Ronaldo put in many more crosses his fist couple of seasons then he did in his last couple, for his last 3 years at the club Ronnie was basically the focal point of our attack and wasnt being told to crosee the ball, he was often in the box getting on the end of crosses

this season, Rooney is being told to get on the end of crosses, Valencia is supllying brilliantly

But if you go back to Ronnies first 2-3 years, he was crossing a lot more then toward the end

• Advertisement

redout where did you get that table?

kryogen wrote: »
    But if you go back to Ronnies first 2-3 years, he was crossing a lot more then toward the end

Not really, or at least it wasn't resulting in assists

03/04 9 assists
    04/05 8 assists
    05/06 9 assists
    06/07 23 assists (bumper year)
    07/08 9 assists
    08/09 7 assists

of course it could be argued (successfully) that United from 03/04 - 05/06 weren't exactly pulling up trees as a team!

kryogen wrote: »
    redout where did you get that table?

Its mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Phenominal return from OG aswell :D

Phenominal return from OG aswell :D

Top Scorer for the entire league, 41 goals so far and counting

only scored 36 last year, so improving all the time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Are we really comparing stats for Ronaldo and Valencia?

Iago wrote: »
    Not really, or at least it wasn't resulting in assists

03/04 9 assists
    04/05 8 assists
    05/06 9 assists
    06/07 23 assists (bumper year)
    07/08 9 assists
    08/09 7 assists

of course it could be argued (successfully) that United from 03/04 - 05/06 weren't exactly pulling up trees as a team!

exactly, he was putting in plenty of crosses, they werent resulting in many goals, whether you wanna put that down to him being a poor crosser or us not really having someone good in the air in the box is up to you

but he was putting in plenty of crosses

p_larkin99 wrote: »

no dont be silly

but you do seem a little angry today, everything ok mate?

might do you good to get it off your chest?

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Giggs is useless with his right aswell,Ronaldo is considered two footedyet Valencia has delivered more noticeable crosses since he joined than Ronnie did during his 5/6 years.
    p_larkin99 wrote: »

No, after the comment above all i was trying to say was in Ronaldo six years at the club i am sure he has a better ratio of crosses then Valencia who has only played half a season to date.

A threat to chelsea about listening to offers from other clubs?

On a free transfer i think would be a good signing but not with wages of £120,000.
    Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has yet to receive an approach from any Serie A club, according to the player's agent David Giesse.

The 28-year-old England international is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer and revealed on Tuesday that the club have yet to offer him a new deal.

Speculation has ensued, with Serie A giants Milan believed to be keen on his services along with Premier League trio Manchester United,spacer.gif Liverpool and Tottenham.

The former West Ham ace could leave the Blues for free in the summer, but Giesse revealed he is yet to be contacted by an Italian club regarding a move.

"It is true that the negotiations with Chelsea are at a standstill," Giesse admitted to Calciomercato.it.

"Now we are ready to listen to other offers from other teams, but for now no one has called me from Milan or Italy in general."

• Advertisement

No, after the comment above all i was trying to say was in Ronaldo six years at the club i am sure he hasa better ratio of crosses then Valencia who has only played half a season to date.

What in the world does "ratio of crosses" mean :confused:

What in the world does "ratio of crosses" mean :confused:

I give up.

I give up.

No go on, honestly...

EDIT:

Whee, I just read back and you seem to be saying that Ronaldo put in more crosses in six seasons than Valencia has in 40 games...

What in the name of god is that supposed to show!?

Or did somebody else say that the opposite was true?

I'm immensely confused...

No go on, honestly...

Nah. I'm here to discuss topics on Manutd not to entertain you.

Nah. I'm here to discuss topics on Manutd not to entertain you.

Well like... English would help at least.

A ratio is something divided by something else.

"Ratio of crosses" doesn't mean anything...

Well like... English would help at least.

A ratio is something divided by something else.

"Ratio of crosses" doesn't mean anything...

Well like...thanks for the lesson. I never knew :eek:

Well like...thanks for the lesson. I never knew :eek:

God help us.

I'm only asking you what you meant - I've read back over the last two pages and can't see it.

God help us.

I'm only asking you what you meant - I've read back over the last two pages and can't see it.

One thing i hate about this place is repeating myself.

One thing i hate about this place is repeating myself.

A link would have done...

• Advertisement

A link would have done...

My point was Ronaldo would have a better ratio of crosses in six season then Valencia does in half a season.

My point was Ronaldo would have a better ratio of crosses in six season then Valencia does in half a season.

Do you mean completed crosses, or assists from crosses or something like that?

Like I said, ratio of crosses doesn't mean anything.

I assume you mean like ratio of completed crosses to total crosses, ratio of crosses leading to goals to total crosses, ratio of crosses played to opportunity to cross... Some combination of those yeah?

I'm not sure whether you'd be right or not (assuming that's what you mean) but it would be an interesting angle to compare them from.

I suspect there wouldn't e much in it at this point in time, but I would expect Valencia to move ahead of Ronaldo over the next season and a half...

I assume you mean like ratio of completed crosses to total crosses

Yes that would be correct.
    I suspect there wouldn't e much in it at this point in time, but I would expect Valencia to move ahead of Ronaldo over the next season and a half...

If Valencia stays and plays for six season injury free then i would agree with you from what i have seeing this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This argument is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

This argument is ridiculous.

QIA.

What a load of rubbish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Osu wrote: »
    QIA.

:confused:

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    :confused:

Quoted In Agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,708 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Manchester United midfielder, who returned from double knee surgery with a 45 minute run-out for the reserves against Burnley last Thursday, is expected to face the same opposition in the return fixture at Accrington Stanley’s Crown Ground on Thursday evening.

Hargreaves produced an impressive performance in his return to action last week, his first outing at any level since United’s Premier League draw at Chelsea in Sept 2008.

But while the England international insists he is determined to rediscover the form that prompted United to invest £19m to lure him from Bayern Munich in 2007, Hargreaves admits he is still some distance from being pain-free.

He said: “I wouldn’t say that I am pain-free. The surgery did its job, but I am still in the process of getting come injections to try to manage the pain.

“The pain is difficult to describe. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. It’s just pain. During my first season (at United) I had the pain, but I was able to play through it.

“My tendon is significantly better than it was, but there is still a bit of pain that comes with. Whether that is through overloading in training or the operation, it’s hard to gauge really.

“I have been pretty patient with it so I’m just looking forward to the day I can just explode on the pitch. I would love that.

“But it’s about training, getting these injections and trying to go forward from here. I have played my first game now, though, so hopefully I will go on from here.

“For me, it’s very much unfinished business. I’m 29, but hopefully I have a lot of time left in football and, ideally, I want to play for another eight or nine years.”

I didnt think he still would have pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Headshot wrote: »

Not as painful as waiting for him to get back to the 1st team.

Headshot wrote: »

Injections should get him through 70-80 mins. Most if it will come after the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

No, after the comment above all i was trying to say was in Ronaldo six years at the club i am sure he has a better ratio of crosses then Valencia who has only played half a season to date.

You can't have a ratio without two things. You are wrong. Just forget you said it and leave it. If you were taking about goals, one could presume you meant goals to game ratio, but when talking about crosses, there are too many variables that you could have been referring to (even in the goals example, you could have been referring to the goals to shots ratio etc).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement