Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I am baffled why the medical team at Old Trafford allowed his move from Bayern to go through. It was known at the time that he had issues (Maybe not to the extent that they spiralled to) and we still went and forked out £18million for him. Don't get me wrong he is a good footballer but it's been a disaster. He's made less than 30 appearances for UTD.

he had issues, but it wouldn't be common for tendinitis to be as serious as it turned out to be and there is no way they could have known exactly how serious it was without opening his knee up, which would not be possible/allowed/done in a medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

redout wrote: »
    O'Shea was on RTE last night seemingly and said he has asthma.

“Without a doubt I was worried it would affect my career. There's a bit of an embarrassment factor as well, before games when you are in a dressing room with friends and teammates and you have to pull out a little blue inhaler and take a puff.
    “Everyone is saying ‘what's he doing, what's he taking there?' but it's something you have to get over, really.” “It's kept me out of games,” the Waterford man admitted. “My advice to kids would be not to be ashamed of the inhalers that are there to help you and to make sure it (asthma) is just a small thing in your way.”

Always thought he was a bit of a pufter. *snigger* :pac:

*just jokin I've suffered from it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Can't see him being included in the squad for the weekend to be honest, that's a massive leap for a player that was withdrawn from a reserve squad a few weeks back due to setback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Wonder what are United's options if he never makes a full recovery ? Could they sue Bayern ? I'd imagine it's kinda case of "buyer beware" :D

turns out the reserve game tonight has been called off anyway due to a waterlogged pitch, so if Fergie had kept his mouth shut about hargreaves we'd be none the wiser and all the happier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bet those interviews will disappear from the records now! tis a conspiracy i tell ya ;)

If he never does make a full recovery, i am pretty sure the club cant sue Bayern, they will just claim the insurance they have on him i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

kryogen wrote: »
    Bet those interviews will disappear from the records now! tis a conspiracy i tell ya ;)

If he never does make a full recovery, i am pretty sure the club cant sue Bayern, they will just claim the insurance they have on him i suppose

It would be hard to prove Bayern knew any more than United did in any case tbh.

As has been previously mentioned, it is far from trivial to diagnose Hargreaves' condition.

keane2097 wrote: »
    It would be hard to prove Bayern knew any more than United did in any case tbh.

As has been previously mentioned, it is far from trivial to diagnose Hargreaves' condition.

yeah it would have been impossible to tell the extent of his problems and even more impossible to prove that Bayern knew about it and concealed it so its a non runner from my point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Re Hargo and his injury.

The only way to tell fully was to rip he's knees open.

Surgery ain't part of footballing medicals yet, so therefore all signings are a risk.

The lad is due a bit of luck, If all goes excellent we could knock the next 4 or 5 years out of him.

There will be enough trophies in there to amend for his injuries.

Also on a different note, a fit Hargo solves alot of our midfield woes.

Hargo along side Fletch would be excellent. Would allow Scholes and Carrick to operate further forward and not have the responibily of watching the house the whole time.

The Beauty of Fletch and Hargo is although they can perform the defensive midfield role, they are not just simply kickers, they are all rounders, you could put the 2 of them in midfield on their own and it wouldn't blunt or attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Always saw Hargreaves as a better attacking midfielder then a defensive one.

Boggles wrote: »
    Re Hargo and his injury.

The only way to tell fully was to rip he's knees open.

Surgery ain't part of footballing medicals yet, so therefore all signings are a risk.

The lad is due a bit of luck, If all goes excellent we could knock the next 4 or 5 years out of him.

There will be enough trophies in there to amend for his injuries.

Also on a different note, a fit Hargo solves alot of our midfield woes.

Hargo along side Fletch would be excellent. Would allow Scholes and Carrick to operate further forward and not have the responibily of watching the house the whole time.

The Beauty of Fletch and Hargo is although they can perform the defensive midfield role, they are not just simply kickers, they are all rounders, you could put the 2 of them in midfield on their own and it wouldn't blunt or attack.

Would love to see the lad getting that bit of luck. A fit Hargo would IMO be our best central midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't get me wrong he is a good footballer but it's been a disaster. He's made less than 30 appearances for UTD.

He came and we won the league and Champions league. Money well spent imo.

RasTa wrote: »
    He came and we won the league and Champions league. Money well spent imo.

A Brian Kerr "What!!" ?? HE won the league and Champions League ?? He contributed to it. The lad hasn't played since when ???

A Brian Kerr "What!!" ?? HE won the league and Champions League ?? He contributed to it. The lad hasn't played since when ???

Did you even my post?

RasTa wrote: »
    Did you even my post?

Eye off the ball apologies. As i said though, his number of games has been a huge disappointment when his price tag is taking into account. He is a quality footballer, no doubting that. I hope he does make a return to fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Sorry if it's already been posted but apparently United scouts have found Van Der Sar's replacement::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Anyone hear any more on Rooney playing against Bolton this weekend. Apparently doubtful with a knee problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Osu wrote: »
    Anyone hear any more on Rooney playing against Bolton this weekend. Apparently doubtful with a knee problem.

All just speculation from the papers from what i can see. I'm sure you will hear more about in the morning during SAF press conference if its true or not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

niallk wrote: »
    Sorry if it's already been posted but apparently United scouts have found Van Der Sar's replacement::eek:
    I don't know who she is but I want her. I need her.

dirty.... shes probably 12!

• Advertisement

Someone press the pedo button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

dirty.... shes probably 12!

18? Your first.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I didn't say I needed her right now. I can wait 2 years. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone got a stream to the reserve match? Doesn't matter just saw it has been postponed!

not exactly manchester united news, but it might be of interest to some, FC United want to move to the birthplace of the club (Newton Heath)
    FC United of Manchester announce prospective move to Newton Heath

• Supporter club heading for Manchester United's birthplace
    • Plans for 5,000-capacity stadium approved by council

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 March 2010 15.02 GMT
    Article history

A match programme for a game played in 1890 between Newton Heath, later to become Manchester United, and Bolton Wanderers. Photograph: Christopher Thomond

FC United of Manchester are set to move to the birthplace of Manchester United after announcing plans for a new ground in Newton Heath.

Manchester United were formed as Newton Heath in 1878 before joining the Football League in 1892. They changed their name 10 years later. Now the Unibond Premier League club, formed by United fans angered by the controversial Glazer takeover in 2005, have drawn up plans for a £3.5m, 5,000-capacity stadium at the Ten Acres Lane sports centre. The club's business plan was approved by Manchester city council, which owns the site, on Monday, and will now be put to local residents and community groups.

Their general manager, Andy Walsh, told the Press Association: "We are delighted to be able to make this announcement and discussions with the council have been very positive to date. The significance of this location is historical while it will also showcase a new model of facility development, based on football supporter ownership and community involvement."

FC United currently play their home games at Bury's Gigg Lane ground, and top the Unibond Premier attendance tables with an average of 1,941 fans. If the new stadium gets the go-ahead it could be ready for the start of the 2012-13 season.

"You can't get away from the emotion of the location but this is as much about our future as the past and we are a club laying down our roots," Jules Spencer, an FC United board member, told Reuters. "The ironic thing is the decision [to form the club] was made at a time of United's greatest successes, but there is a general malaise about the game not just about what the Glazers have done. We are trying to create a positive alternative for ordinary fans. We are not trying to claim the moral high ground. The vast majority of people watch their football through the television and that is something we want to change."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

not exactly manchester united news, but it might be of interest to some, FC United want to move to the birthplace of the club (Newton Heath)

Are they going back to work on the railways too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Muppet wrote: »
    Are they going back to work on the railways too?

lol

tbh, i do follow their progress alot, would like to see them do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

tbh, i do follow their progress alot, would like to see them do well

I followed their progress for a few seasons , I don't hear much about them these days but they still interest me given their origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If United get taken over by Red Knights what will happen to FC United?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Merger? They got any decent players? Maybe a good central midfielder? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They can have Vidic, Carrick and Berbatov.:pac:

Nervous about the Bolton game this weekend have say maybe more so then I will for Chelsea game following week.

Here my team if all fit im hoping we play 4-5-1 for this. Park being playing well and deserves his place. Berba can come on if things are needed.

VDS
    Neville- Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
    Valencia- Park-Fletcher-Scholes-Giggs
    Rooney

If Giggs feels ready then I go with him over Nani. i think we need more experience and wise shoulders for this one hence picked Giggs and Scholes over Carrick (although on his form does not deserve start anyway) and Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,708 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flahavaj wrote: »
    They can have Vidic, Carrick Berbatov.:pac:

FYP

flahavaj wrote: »
    They can have Vidic, Carrick and Berbatov.:pac:

Noooooo Yes and No

wont affect them tbh, they are a separate entity now and have more reasons then the Glazers for why they were unhappy

its sad to me,to see fans who support the same team as me feel that they have no option left but to turn their back on the club and form a new one

maybe im too sentimental about it, just saddened me at the time and still saddens me tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

wont affect them tbh, they are a separate entity now and have more reasons then the Glazers for why they were unhappy

its sad to me,to see fans who support the same team as me feel that they have no option left but to turn their back on the club and form a new one

maybe im too sentimental about it, just saddened me at the time and still saddens me tbh

That's the difference between supporting a club & being a fanatic... a supporter sticks there, through thick & thin, wins, losses & draws, bad managers & good, bad owners & worse, relegations & promotions. All thehighs & lows that make football what it is.

Fanatics are just loons. I reckon the FC in FC United stands for Fanatical Cr*p.

That's the difference between supporting a club & being a fanatic... a supporter sticks there, through thick & thin, wins, losses & draws, bad managers & good, bad owners & worse, relegations & promotions. All thehighs & lows that make football what it is.

Fanatics are just loons. I reckon the FC in FC United stands for Fanatical Cr*p.

Could not have said it better.

United now and forever

Headshot wrote: »
    FYP

You're right, send Carrick to FC United, just get rid of the other two on free transfers, FC wouldn't want 'em anyway.:pac:

• Advertisement

no, i dont agree tbh, they have their reasons and i respect them

i understand them actually, its why i have a soft spot for them

why are they fanatical loons? they disagreed with certain things the club was doing, they felt the soul of the club had been lost etc..

edit- for anyone under the impression it was just the Glazer takeover that prompted this, it wasnt, it was just the final nail in the coffin

no, i dont agree tbh, they have their reasons and i respect them

i understand them actually, its why i have a soft spot for them

why are they fanatical loons? they disagreed with certain things the club was doing, they felt the soul of the club had been lost etc..

They threw their toys out of the pram and left when things weren't going the way they wanted more like, tbh.

What ever happend to supporting through thick and thin, no owner stays around forever?

FC United "It's my ball & I'm not playing with you anymore."

Well, it's not really your ball, strictly speaking.

FC United "I don't care. I'm still not playing"

Fair enough. Off with ya then.

FC United "It's my ball & I'm not playing with you anymore."

Well, it's not really your ball, strictly speaking.

FC United "I don't care. I'm still not playing"

Fair enough. Off with ya then.

some peoples understanding/misunderstanding of what the fans problems were confuse me

maybe there is a lack of awareness on the subject ? :confused:

I don't get you.

I don't get you.

do a bit of looking into it then! google is always a friend i suppose

or of course, if you mean, you dont get me, personally, then your not alone

:D

• Advertisement

do a bit of looking into it then! google is always a friend i suppose

or of course, if you mean, you dont get me, personally, then your not alone

:D

I know the history of FC. I was there at the time. I still don't get what you are implying.

I know the history of FC. I was there at the time. I still don't get what you are implying.

well if you were there at the time then surely you know there were other factors that led them to this course of action?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The ignorance of some people posting about FC United in here is shocking.

They didn't fúck off just because the Glazers took over.

Christ almighty.

It's alright for people who watch United on telly to sit in their ivory tower and judge these people.

But they, and their fathers and grandfathers, were priced out of going to see their team playing.

I'm sorry, but people who take one, two or three trips a year to see Man Utd have zero, absolutely zero, idea what it means to be able to pay fifteen quid to see the club you love, in the flesh, every second week.

Yes, the club had to move on and start charging out of this world prices for the "privilege" of watching them play, but the club has changed, it is not the same Manchester United Football Club that these people, and their forebears, supported all them years ago, fúcking hell, they don't even have the "Football Club" as a part of their name any more.

It is not their club any more, not in any sense of the word.

So they did what they felt they needed to, they set up their own club, a club that retains the values of the Manchester United Football Club of old.

And more power to them.

phew!

thought i was alone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Flah is your whole Vidic is on the decline thing a big level?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement