Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

To be honest, I think Rooney would be great in midfield. Maybe I'm just crazy though.

i remember he played there in a fa cup game against wolves with rio , wen roy keane left , scholes had eye injury , alan smith broke his leg , didnt do too bad , from what iv seen pre season berbatov and owen look good playing together against the asian teams only though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

i think we need a player like modric or arshavin anyone agree?

To be honest, if i woke up tomorrow and heard Fergie raided Spurs and got us Luka Modric and Wilson Palacios i would be a happy man.

Not likely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    To be honest, if i woke up tomorrow and heard Fergie raided Spurs and got us Luka Modric and Wilson Palacios i would be a happy man.

Not likely though.
    and they can have berbatov back :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney just seems like a perfect long term Scholes replacement, but, err, better. He practically plays just as deep anyway, and always tracking back! :rolleyes: :)

and they can have berbatov back :p

How about no.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cleverly scored for Watford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

i remember he played there in a fa cup game against wolves with rio , wen roy keane left , scholes had eye injury , alan smith broke his leg , didnt do too bad , from what iv seen pre season berbatov and owen look good playing together against the asian teams only though

From what I remember they played together in the next game which we lost and they were a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i said ages ago that rooney would be a brilliant midfirlder like scholes was and every1 agreed with me for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mink_man wrote: »
    i said ages ago that rooney would be a brilliant midfirlder like scholes was and every1 agreed with me for once!

link ?

have to see this ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rooney, a midfielder?

Nah, He is a no 10 and should have the freedom to play as one.

• Advertisement

Drinkwater also scored for Huddersfield in their 7-1 thumping of Brighton. Good night for the loanees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Rooney, a midfielder?

Agreed. Is far better up front with the freedom to drop back. Would be absolutely wasted in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Drinkwater also scored for Huddersfield in their 7-1 thumping of Brighton. Good night for the loanees.

Is that honestly his name?

i thought cleverly signed for burnley on a permanent transfer!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Rooney, a midfielder?

Exactly. Rooney's biggest fault is his honesty and desire to track back into deeper positions when he'd probably be better spending more time in the areas where he can really hurt the opposition.

Is that honestly his name?

yaaaa

everyone has to drink water to live ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Headshot wrote: »
    yaaaa

everyone has to drink water to live ?

by that logic breatheoxygen is also a suitable name in your book?
    or growolder or behoistedbyyourownpetardsfromtimetotimeinordertolearnfromyourmistakes?

mink_man wrote: »
    i thought cleverly signed for burnley on a permanent transfer!?

That was Eckersley.

by that logic breatheoxygen is also a suitable name in your book?
    or growolder or behoistedbyyourownpetardsfromtimetotimeinordertolearnfromyourmistakes?

:D

i was actually joking

Daniel Drinkwater is his full name,so what's wrong with the name Drinkwater ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Nope on loan at watford

• Advertisement

Could be a nickname too. Maybe he's sponsored by Volvic.

Dunno if it's been posted but Vidic's agent is acting the c*nt again.
    Nemanja Vidic Would Be 'Delighted' To Join Barcelona - Agent
    The Serbia international's agent has done little to calm speculation...

Manchester United centre-back Nemanja Vidic has been mooted as one of the names Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola is considering to reinforce his defensive area.

The 27-year-old defender, who joined the Red Devils from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, is regarded as a key member of the squad by coach Sir Alex Ferguson.

But despite the Scottish tactician's reluctance to part company with Vidic, the Serbian is looking for pastures new, according to his agent.

"Vidic would be delighted to play at Barca as his dream is to go to the Spanish league," Paolo Fabbri told RAC1.

"We have to analyse the situation but, being realistic, things are complicated at the moment.

"The team just lost Cristiano Ronaldo and [Carlos] Tevez and they do not want to lose another important piece of their starting XI once again."

Luís Mira, Goal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fabbri can **** off. Vidic is not going anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Give us messi and he can have vidic :D

miralize wrote: »
    Fabbri can **** off. Vidic is not going anywhere...

total BS

didnt vidic say he's not going any where

bloody agent trying to get a new contract for vidic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

August 18th, 2009 Evra On… The Pride Of The United Shirt, Marking Valencia & Dressing Room DJ

Patrice Evra, who never fails to impress when he is interviewed, has had a few words with MUTV about a variety of topics, and again does a great job of it.

“It’s a privilege to play for Manchester United and I try and enjoy every moment at this club,” he said. “When you pull on the shirt you also pull on the history that comes with it and you need to do that history proud and respect what’s come before. There’s a lot of responsibility that comes with being a Manchester United player but I enjoy the challenge.”

Evra has been impressed with new signing Antonio Valencia in training although insists the new winger is no match for himself.

“He has no chance against me!” said Evra. “I don’t care who I’m marking, I always try and be strong in the tackle and win the ball. But it’s true he’s a very good player. I like his mentality – he wants to improve, he’s powerful and he likes to run at defenders.”

Evra reveals that he is the dressing room DJ, compiling play lists for his team mates to listen to before every match.

“Before every match I sit down in my room and work out a playlist,” he said. “I have to change it every time – you don’t know these guys, they’re like dogs! They’re hungry for new songs and get angry if it’s the same stuff as the last game. So I need to mix it up and make sure everybody’s happy – I put on some English music, some r’n’b, some dance, some Brazilian… now it’s part of the ritual before games. Sometimes other people come in and try and put their own music on – I don’t want to name names – but usually my team-mates will say: ‘Hey, come on, respect the iPod of Evra!’. So I say: ‘No problem,’ and just turn theirs off.”

Evra spoke his career after football and unsurprisingly gave a fairly bizarre answer.

“I’d be a babysitter,” he claimed. “A babysitter for my son. And when I retire maybe I can babysit for all the other players. I like children and I like to play football with the young kids, so that’s something I’d enjoy. I like TV too – a comedy show with my friend Ji-sung Park would be nice!”

Author: Scott the Red Filed Under: Patrice Evra

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/evra-on-the-pride-of-the-united-shirt-marking-valencia-dressing-room-dj/

what do they need agents for anyway!

Evra wrote: »
    I like TV too – a comedy show with my friend Ji-sung Park would be nice!”

Oh my god. Make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

miralize wrote: »
    Vidic is not going anywhere...

good luck with that.

he dislikes england (unless i'm mistaken).

that's unfortunate for utd, and the league as a whole, but he'll go eventually, one or two seasons' time is my guess.

same as masch for us lot i'd guess (though that's more to do with his "better" half).

• Advertisement

Evra ftw

best left back in the world

SlickRic wrote: »
    good luck with that.

he dislikes england (unless i'm mistaken).

that's unfortunate for utd, and the league as a whole, but he'll go eventually, one or two seasons' time is my guess.

same as masch for us lot i'd guess (though that's more to do with his "better" half).

is it that time of the night again ?

God Evra is such a hero in just about every way possible.

"Resect the i-pod of Evra." Quote of the season.

is it that time of the night again ?

ignore the post if you like HS.

to be honest i think you just fish for a reason to get wound up, because i rarely, if ever wind anyone up in here.

that was just my opinion on the vidic thing. it's been rumoured many times he doesn't like england.

if it's merely to get a better contract so be it, but it wouldn't be the first time that this type of thing is smoke with a fire behind it. it happens all the time. it sucks for you, and the league, but it's possible that he doesn't want to be at utd for a long, long time. just like it's possible for masch not to want to be at Pool for a long, long time.

it's an opinion that could be proved wrong but it's not baseless and 'out there'.

p.s fair play to evra, that's the sort of thing any fan wants to see from one of it's senior players.

ignore the post if you like HS.

to be honest i think you just fish for a reason to get wound up, because i rarely, if ever wind anyone up in here.

that was just my opinion on the vidic thing. it's been rumoured many times he doesn't like england.

if it's merely to get a better contract so be it, but it wouldn't be the first time that this type of thing is smoke with a fire behind it. it happens all the time. it sucks for you, and the league, but it's possible that he doesn't want to be at utd for a long, long time. just like it's possible for masch not to want to be at Pool for a long, long time.

it's an opinion that could be proved wrong but it's not baseless and 'out there'.

p.s fair play to evra, that's the sort of thing any fan wants to see from one of it's senior players.

oh I wont ignore it

I like correcting peoples mistakes

first off vidic took his time to adjust to england,which you expect and now is happy now
    Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has denied criticizing the English way of life — and the rainy weather in Manchester.

"I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks," Vidic told United's Web site on Wednesday. "I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now."

The 26-year-old Serbia international gave an interview to Russian magazine Football Weekly, which was widely — and according to Vidic incorrectly — reproduced in the British media.

"In Manchester the main attraction is a timetable at the railway station where trains leave for less rainy cities," Vidic was quoted as saying. "Throughout the week they (people) all work so hard ... Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly so they can get up early for work the next day."

Vidic admitted he struggled with the English language and culture when he moved from Spartak Moscow in January 2006. However, the Serb said on United's Web site that he is now happy at Old Trafford.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be part of this great club," Vidic said. "I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticize them in this way."

Pretty much anywhere would be a improvement on f*cking Moscow in fairness.:pac:

• Advertisement

I forgot to add this too
    The no-nonsense centre-back has been linked with a move away from the champions and with Cristiano Ronaldo set to complete an £80million move to Real Madrid this summer, the loss of the another influential player would have proved a real blow for Sir Alex Ferguson.

But Vidic told the News of the World: "I am very happy here and next season we will start again. I have got no desire to go anywhere.

"People forget that when you join a new league you don't just have to adjust to the country, you also have to adjust to the style of football.

"I feel my game is well adjusted to England now and I want to play a part in a successful team next season. United can make it a record four titles in a row next year."

said just before the season started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

flahavaj wrote: »
    Pretty much anywhere would be a improvement on f*cking Moscow in fairness.:pac:

Pretty much anywhere, but not Manchester.

oh I wont ignore it

I like correcting peoples mistakes

first off vidic took his time to adjust to england,which you expect and now is happy now

cool, excellent, fair play. he's happy.

now is it possible he may not want to be at utd forever? that's merely my point. the main issue was not that he was 'unhappy', and you know it. you don't have to be unhappy to one day leave.

i'm happy in ireland, it doesn't mean i'd necessarily be happiest here or believe i need to stay here forever.

and ronaldo said simlar things many, many times. he was also happy at utd. the fact is though, utd wasn't the be all, end all for him. and the same could well be of vidic. we don't know, but it could be.

as i say, sometimes there's no smoke without fire in these situations.

but only time will tell.

Pretty much anywhere, but not Manchester.

Even Manchester.

cool, excellent, fair play. he's happy.

now is it possible he may not want to be at utd forever? that's merely my point. the main issue was not that he was 'unhappy', and you know it. you don't have to be unhappy to one day leave.

i'm happy in ireland, it doesn't mean i'd necessarily be happiest here or believe i need to stay here forever.

and ronaldo said simlar things many, many times. he was also happy at utd. the fact is though, utd wasn't the be all, end all for him. and the same could well be of vidic. we don't know, but it could be.

as i say, sometimes there's no smoke without fire in these situations.

but only time will tell.

vidic hasnt said 'my dream is to play for barca"
    everyone knew Ronaldo was going

see theres only smoke when you want smoke like journalist or opposing fans or even money grabbing agents

I see no smoke what so ever tbh,if you actually believe vidic is going anytime soon, I worry for ya

vidic will retire at the club,when he picked up his award for being the players' player of the year he could see his love for the club and he doesnt let women boss him around unlike other players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Gotta love Evra, seems like great craic. Love hearing stuff like this and we need characters in the dressing room.

Anyone think Kranjcar would be a good signing for us? Something about his contract running out soon and could steal him for cheap from Pompey!?

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Gotta love Evra, seems like great craic. Love hearing stuff like this and we need characters in the dressing room.

Anyone think Kranjcar would be a good signing for us? Something about his contract running out soon and could steal him for cheap from Pompey!?

are you mink man ?

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

are you mink man ?

;-)

I wish. I just saw him around at this time so thought I'd throw it out there.

And on Vida, really not sure if he's as suited to the Spanish game as he is the English game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

WTF is going on with Vidic's agent?! Didn't this all happen a month or so back? and then Vidic signed a new contract and said he was very happy to be committing to United.. Did that not happen? Or am I just going mad?!

Pro. F wrote: »
    WTF is going on with Vidic's agent?! Didn't this all happen a month or so back? and then Vidic signed a new contract and said he was very happy to be committing to United.. Did that not happen? Or am I just going mad?!

vidic didnt get a new contract at all
    according to the times

Manchester United are preparing to offer Nemanja Vidic a new contract amid uncertainty about his long-term future. Sir Alex Ferguson has recommended that the club offer him a pay rise and an extension to his contract, which expires in 2012.

folks can any recommend a man utd forum (excluding redcafe=****e)

I see no smoke what so ever tbh,if you actually believe vidic is going anytime soon, I worry for ya

as i say, time will tell. you're not a fortune teller, just like i'm not. we're discussing a possibility. you obviously don't see it as a possibilty. fine.
    vidic will retire at the club,when he picked up his award for being the players' player of the year he could see his love for the club and he doesnt let women boss him around unlike other players

another nice prediction from Nostradamus.

plus, nice touch at the end there :rolleyes:

as i say, time will tell. you're not a fortune teller, just like i'm not. we're discussing a possibility. you obviously don't see it as a possibilty. fine.

another nice prediction from Nostradamus.

plus, nice touch at the end there :rolleyes:

im mystic meg dont ya know

i did like that touch too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Team news? Carrick fit?

Trilla wrote: »
    Team news? Carrick fit?

was he injured

here's what the telegraph said
    Tale of the game: Manchester United should be confident, but they could be without five senior defenders when they visit Turf Moor for the first time in a League match since April 1976. Rio Ferdinand is still out while Jonny Evans suffered a recurrence of an ankle injury in Sunday’s game. Nemanja Vidic, Gary Neville and Rafael are also missing.

foster----
    fabio-oshea--brown---evra

that will do

(good night all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Trilla wrote: »
    Team news? Carrick fit?
    Yeah he was just rested for the league opener. Anderson and Park to come in also at some stage. I reckon:
    Foster
    Neville/JOS Brown JOS/Evans Evra

Valencia Carrick Anderson Park

Rooney Berbatov

Verdict:0-3 with Berbatov to get a goal along with Owen to come off the bench and nick one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement