Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

schweinsteiger and ozil linked with united frequently
    both are half decent only
    dont think we should blow the bank on either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

deisedevil wrote: »
    Christ on a bike! Why in the hell can we never pick up bargains like that and have to pay way over the odds for the likes of Carrick and Berbatov.

When we do go for the bargains , Owen,, Joe Cole, some fans moan about not making big money signings. We have been know to get the odd bargain, Ronaldo springs to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

conno16 wrote: »
    schweinsteiger and ozil linked with united frequently
    both are half decent only
    dont think we should blow the bank on either
    take that back about ozil now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Muppet wrote: »
    When we do go for the bargains , Owen,, Joe Cole, some fans moan about not making big money signings. We have been know to get the odd bargain, Ronaldo springs to mind

what that 17 year old 1 trick pony who we spent £12m on? What a waste... should have brought in a proven player to replace Beckham

take that back about ozil now :D

even kleberson could slide some thru every now and then

you not see his cracker of a goal there ?

i saw him pathetically miss a one-on-one there earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

United do get bargains, look at Vidic, Evra and VDS

i saw him pathetically miss a one-on-one there earlier
    lets agree to disagree on this one . :cool:

• Advertisement

well alex discovered vidic from the wilderness
    and there were real question marks hanging over evra when we bought him
    you deserve to get VFM if you take gambles on players like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

conno16 are you going for sf mod position?

Headshot wrote: »
    conno16 are you going for sf mod position?

i need a few references
    feel free to recommend me

i need a few references
    feel free to recommend me

no you dont, just put your name down that your interested

mars bar will be delighted with this news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

His misses couldn't even say that to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Italian sources say Valencia want Hernandez on loan as a replacemrnt for Villa.

I find that hard to believe considering they have already replaced Villa when they signed Soldado from Getafe.

redout wrote: »
    Italian sources say Valencia want Hernandez on loan as a replacemrnt for Villa.

I find that hard to believe considering they have already replaced Villa when they signed Soldado from Getafe.

Italian sources? Seems a bit strange...

President of Palermo has said that the club are in talks with United and several other clubs about the sale of Danish midfielder Simon Kjaer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Five United youngsters will leave the club at the end of June.

Tom Heaton's move to Cardiff City has already been confirmed, and he will be followed out of Carrington by Febian Brandy, Sam Hewson, Scott Moffatt and Ron-Robert Zieler.

The quintet's contracts all expire at the end of the current month, and they will be free to join new clubs from 1 July.

Manchester United would like to wish all five boys the very best of luck in their careers.

Never thought any of them would make it into the first team. Hope they do well in the future.

President of Palermo has said that the club are in talks with United and several other clubs about the sale of Danish midfielder Simon Kjaer.
    last time i looked he was a cb

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    last time i looked he was a cb

yeah that was my error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

It would be a good signing considering the injuries Ferdinand had last season and now. What i like about him is he seems to be quick and have pace, something we lack with current CB.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hewson and Brandy will turn out to be decent players imo. But i don't think either would have made the step up next season from reserve level. Good luck to all of them moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Pablo Barrera, Chicarito's international team-mate is the latest to be linked with a move to Utd. Apparently he can play on either wing.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/23/1991455/manchester-united-and-tottenham-hotspur-fight-to-land-mexico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Vanbis wrote: »
    It would be a good signing considering the injuries Ferdinand had last season and now. What i like about him is he seems to be quick and have pace, something we lack with current CB.

What I like about him is that he looks extremely comfortable on the ball and can ping a great long pass.

It's important to have a CB capable of bringing the ball out of defense or be able to link up play with the midfield to start attacks, rather than just lumping the ball forward.

Pablo Barrera, Chicarito's international team-mate is the latest to be linked with a move to Utd. Apparently he can play on either wing.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/23/1991455/manchester-united-and-tottenham-hotspur-fight-to-land-mexico

Goal.com are nearly as bad a source as Tribal Football. You can see in that article they seem to be just making up figures...£10m for Hernandez?

i would like to suggest that we set up an academy in mexico, such is the conveyor belt of exceptional talent that the country has become for man united fc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

i would like to suggest that we set up an academy in mexico, such is the conveyor belt of exceptional talent that the country has become for man united fc
    i would like to suggest you bring something of value to this thread

I hope your taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Bukman13 wrote: »
    What I like about him is that he looks extremely comfortable on the ball and can ping a great long pass.

It's important to have a CB capable of bringing the ball out of defense or be able to link up play with the midfield to start attacks, rather than just lumping the ball forward.

Of course that helps as well but we have players who can do this but its his pace which i think will be a big plus as well. I agree with you Buckman ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I hope your taking the piss

I think as part of our deal for Chicarito we have also done a partnership agreement with Chivas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I think as part of our deal for Chicarito we have also done a partnership agreement with Chivas.

Any source on that? Thought it was gonna happen but never saw anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Joe Cole would be a decent signing, think it was 05/06 when he had a great season for chelsea .

To be fair, that's irrelevant.

It's akin to saying Pele would be a good signing now. You can't judge a signing on performances 5 years ago. That being said, i wouldn't mind seeing him in a United shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

WTF are you on about? He's the first Mexican ever to play for United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I agree , it should run something along the lines of out South Korean academy, look at the talent that has unearthed for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Degag wrote: »
    WTF are you on about? He's the first Mexican ever to play for United!

Stopped reading his comments with any interest weeks ago. Unfortunately he seems to have come from nowhere and now every second post is his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

that fella will be another also-ran at united
    prem centre halves with eat him up and spit him out
    lets stop kidding ourselves
    berbs must be enjoying his summer if this is the competition
    my position is clear on the mexican.. hes not up to much in my book and will not contribute to united

it seems to me that people are suggesting he could be a new solkjaer - i cant see this

a question for united supporters though - has saf ever sold a player that we have not had a ready replacement in position or lined up other than cristiano and jaap...

What are you playing at?

Scholes to retire next season.

Actually he said maybe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/24/paul-scholes-retire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Thepones

I will be gutted when he finally hangs up the boots. By far my favourite player to watch in a Utd shirt. Kind of worried at what is coming through to replace him (as debated here in detail I am sure ;)).
    Would love to see Fergie bring in some class for centre mid to take over. Ozul has looked pretty good - but dont know if we will see any big signings.....

VDS, scholes, giggs, neviller all ready for the retirement centre

Rio not a top CL centre half anymore
    Vidic too distracted by his agent and/or wife
    no CM pairing of any real substance
    a 30m misfiring (or not firing at all) centre forward

again all our hopes rest on rooney carrying the team
    sure we'll have some spirited performances from fletch, evra, valencia but we're so far behind barca and madrid now its most worrying
    a tiny little mexiican isn't the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

VDS, scholes, giggs, neviller all ready for the retirement centre

Rio not a top CL centre half anymore
    Vidic too distracted by his agent and/or wife
    no CM pairing of any real substance
    a 30m misfiring (or not firing at all) centre forward

again all our hopes rest on rooney carrying the team
    sure we'll have some spirited performances from fletch, evra, valencia but we're so far behind barca and madrid now its most worrying

The sooner mink man gets back to sort you out the better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sorry, i saw this, and just thought...

speedy-gonzales-internet.jpg

i hope that "tiny Mexican" is the solution and ill do a pighead on all your posts

good well-thought thru replies there folks
    the sad reality is that united are in a steep state of decline
    it will be a shame to see saf finishing his career trophyless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I think i'll have to remove him from my ignore list, every single post since i added him has been quoted. :mad:

At least some of them are good for a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think i'll have to remove him from my ignore list, every single post since i added him has been quoted. :mad:

At least some of them are good for a laugh.

stay strong.

just looking at your sig Park Ji Sung

i think you need help :pac:

serious question

do you utd have any money for transfer this summer? My personal beliefs is that we dont have alot of money, no where this so called war chest anyway

but there's one thing I dont understand is why saf doesnt sell some of the players who are very much on the fringe of the squad

we've sold tosic and foster there's a couple more i could think of but they dont seem to be going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What are you playing at?

I advise the ignore button for this fella.
    It works wonders when people don't quote him.

I'm like a broken record!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement