Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Headshot wrote: »
    serious question

do you utd have any money for transfer this summer? My personal beliefs is that we dont have alot of money, no where this so called war chest anyway

but there's one thing I dont understand is why saf doesnt sell some of the players who are very much on the fringe of the squad

we've sold tosic and foster there's a couple more i could think of but they dont seem to be going anywhere

Its my opinion that we will only be able to spend what weve made, so whatever we got from those two deals and I expect another exit or two, will be the guts of our transfer budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

serious question

do you utd have any money for transfer this summer? My personal beliefs is that we dont have alot of money, no where this so called war chest anyway

but there's one thing I dont understand is why saf doesnt sell some of the players who are very much on the fringe of the squad

we've sold tosic and foster there's a couple more i could think of but they dont seem to be going anywhere
    I reckon the Glazers will give him £20-25m on top of what he get in by selling players(unless Vidic is sold, in which case I can see them only giving him about £10m), I know a lot of people will think there is no money but I think they are smart enough to do this in an effort to make some fans forget about the financial situation. Another summer with no significant spending will make even more fans doubt that there is any money and put more pressure on them and I think they are smart enough to know this and take a bit of pressure off by giving Fergie some money to spent. All just my opinion but I just think that they see the need to ease some of the pressure on them and this will be the best option for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

we'll be hitting the bargain basement again so..

would anyone like to see united go for landon donovan btw
    good player in my opinion
    really dedicated
    would be cheap
    will help sell the club in the USA
    and he would make a contribution on the pitch, was a successful acquisition by david moyes i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

just looking at your sig Park Ji Sung

i think you need help :pac:

I know, back in the day, just after he got banned, he said he'd be back on 1st June, and it's too much hassle to make another pirate map for a spanish lady to dance along. Just think of it as a backwards countdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

mars bar wrote: »
    I advise the ignore button for this fella.
    It works wonders when people don't quote him.

I'm like a broken record!

Theres a first for everything, consider it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

good well-thought thru replies there folks
    the sad reality is that united are in a steep state of decline
    it will be a shame to see saf finishing his career trophyless

What are you on about they need two/three players they have heaps of young talent coming through the system

Steep state of decline is a very exaggerated statement the other teams around united have or will lose big players this summer so if united keep their squad there shouldnt be any worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm actually seriously close to unsubscribing from this thread.

People freaking out about every post conno16 makes is actually mind-boggling. Why does anybody care what he thinks?

Will ye ever get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

serious question

we have sold players because we have had to sell players.

I'm not saying this from a money perspective (though that may be the case) but from a simple numbers perspective.

We can only have 25 registered senior players next season and before the summer sales we had 27. Having sold Foster, who was 3rd choice keeper at this stage and replaced him with a young lad in Amos and subsequently selling Tosic who was not considered a first team player (right or wrongly) we have now got the squad down to 25 players to be registered, so everyone now at the club can play for us in the premiership this coming season.

The reality also is that if we are going to sign anyone, we are going to have to either sell or loan other players (over the age of 21 on January 1st 2010) out in order to create the room in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

The reality also is that if we are going to sign anyone, we are going to have to either sell or loan other players (over the age of 21 on January 1st 2010) out in order to create the room in the squad.

Who would you sell Mitch?

Macca07 wrote: »
    Who would you sell Mitch?

First thing I would do is loan out Diouf. Up front that would still leave us with (currently) Berbatov, Rooney, Owen and Hernandez as registered forwards and Kiko and Welbeck as the most senior non registered forwards (would imagine one of them will go on loan, most likely welbeck) and still leave us with 17/18 year old strikers in Keane and King who look promising. that would provide a further squad spot in order to bring someone in.

Not sure what I would do about selling anyone else - none of the midfielders I particularly want us to sell just to free up a squad place, though I think Carrick, Gibson, Hargreaves and Anderson could all be let go and replaced easily enough. Not saying I would let all 4 go, but any of them could be a target for the chop.

We will most likely be losing 3 squad players for the start of the 11/12 season with Scholes, Giggs and Neville likely to be retiring at that stage (imo) so that will free up places to bring people back from loan or promote to the registered ranks without having to sell anyone next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

good point about Neville, Giggs & Scholes.

Can't see SAF selling anyone as he will already be losing these 3 the following summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

First thing I would do is loan out Diouf. Up front that would still leave us with (currently) Berbatov, Rooney, Owen and Hernandez as registered forwards and Kiko and Welbeck as the most senior non registered forwards (would imagine one of them will go on loan, most likely welbeck) and still leave us with 17/18 year old strikers in Keane and King who look promising. that would provide a further squad spot in order to bring someone in.

Not sure what I would do about selling anyone else - none of the midfielders I particularly want us to sell just to free up a squad place, though I think Carrick, Gibson, Hargreaves and Anderson could all be let go and replaced easily enough. Not saying I would let all 4 go, but any of them could be a target for the chop.

We will most likely be losing 3 squad players for the start of the 11/12 season with Scholes, Giggs and Neville likely to be retiring at that stage (imo) so that will free up places to bring people back from loan or promote to the registered ranks without having to sell anyone next summer.

when they leave would there be problems with the homegrown rule do you know? Rio is getting on himself too and Hargo wont be around for much longer imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Don't know if this has been asked already, i don't read this thread all the time,

My brother as a United fan asked me last night, a Topical question....

Can you name the 9 ex Man Utd players who have been named in a final squad for the World Cup.

Wrap spoiler tags so as not to ruin it for anyone else who wants a go.

I missed out on 1, but i'm not a United fan, it might be easy for those who are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Scholes, Giggs and Neville likely to be retiring

That will be a sad day. They have given the club great service. Living Legends really

Can you name the 9 ex Man Utd players who have been named in a final squad for the World Cup.
    I have 8 myself, still trying to figure out the last one. Here are the ones I have so far
    Forlan, Heinze, Tevez, Veron, Howard, Pique, Ronaldo and Kleberson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Diego Forlan - Uruguay
    Gabriel Heinze -Argentina
    Juan Sebastián Verón - Argentina
    Carlos Tevez - Argentina
    Tim Howard - United States
    Jonathan Spector - United States
    Zoran Tošić - Serbia
    Kleberson - Brazil
    Cristiano Ronaldo - Portugal
    Gerard Piqué - Spain

Done, I think.

I have 10....

Osu wrote: »
    Done, I think.

I have 10....
    Forgot about
    Spector
    myself and also forgot
    Tosic had been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Don't know if this has been asked already, i don't read this thread all the time,

My brother as a United fan asked me last night, a Topical question....

Wrap spoiler tags so as not to ruin it for anyone else who wants a go.

I missed out on 1, but i'm not a United fan, it might be easy for those who are.

Veron, Heinze, Tevez, Ronaldo, Howard, Forlan, Pique, Tosic?, Mikel?:p

:confused:

Edit: Slightly too slow. :p

Henrik Larsson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Forlan, Kleberson, Heinze, Veron, Spector, Pique, Ronaldo, Tosic,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Osu wrote: »

Done, I think.

I have 10....

You should win,

I have something to pull my brother up on later, because i had guessed
    Spector
    only for him to tell me he wasn't in the squad!

10 it is so!

Nearly a full team!

You should win,

I have something to pull my brother up on later, because i had guessed
    Spector
    only for him to tell me he wasn't in the squad!

10 it is so!

Nearly a full team!

GK: Howard
    CB: Spector
    CB: Pique
    CB: Heinze
    DMF: Kleberson
    RM: Ronaldo
    LM: Tosic
    RM: Ronaldo
    AMF: Veron
    ST: Forlan
    ST: Tevez

Yup, not too far off a full team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

eh......how ya lads...

Whoa dude, calm down for a day at least. Your just back.

mink_man wrote: »
    lads....what do i smell???????

oh its just some bullshít I smelt whenever forever young90 or whatever the name is talkin....

well, this has been brief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

Veron
    Heinze
    Ronaldo
    Kleberson
    Tosic
    Forlan
    Howard
    Stuck on seven

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm actually seriously close to unsubscribing from this thread.

People freaking out about every post conno16 makes is actually mind-boggling. Why does anybody care what he thinks?

Will ye ever get a grip.

That's probably the end of that so :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

well, this has been brief!

take off the quote now, it never happened ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I immediately wonder what i was missing...

cant wait for pre season again lads....lil mikey owne bangin in the goals against some asian teams hopefully...:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Watch out conno16 mink man is here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

cant wait for pre season again lads....lil mikey owne bangin in the goals against some asian teams hopefully...:)

Yes,and liverpool struggling to compete with little teams as gerrard will be gone. will be Nice to see liverpool struggling to finish in the top ten next year aswell:D

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Yes,and liverpool struggling to compete with little teams as gerrard will be gone. will be Nice to see liverpool struggling to finish in the top ten next year aswell:D

wish that waiter was still in charge :(

utd to sign joe cole and alexi sanchez! neeeeoowwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I wouldn't be so quick to write Liverpool off a lot can happen in football between now and the start of the season and just because they had one bad season doesn't automatically mean next season will be worse. Also I wouldn't laugh at the way they are at the moment because thats the way United could go in a few years.

TheTosh wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so quick to write Liverpool off a lot can happen in football between now and the start of the season and just because they had one bad season doesn't automatically mean next season will be worse. Also I wouldn't laugh at the way they are at the moment because thats the way United could go in a few years.

could go...but we won't.....

anyways liverpool have always been an inferior club to manchester utd, i don't know where their credentials came from, they won the european cup once in the last few years (lucky) but they barely even came close to winning the league...blackburn have won the premier league more times than liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

welcome back mink man.u have been missed.a certain sixteen year old needs a paddling.

yabadabado wrote: »
    welcome back mink man.u have been missed.a certain sixteen year old needs a paddling.

yes I may have glanced at a post earlier by someone saying wait til mink_man returns...haven't seen the beanhead yet tho...must be afraid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

his bed time is probably 8

could go...but we won't.....

anyways liverpool have always been an inferior club to manchester utd, i don't know where their credentials came from, they won the european cup once in the last few years (lucky) but they barely even came close to winning the league...blackburn have won the premier league more times than liverpool!

I'm not saying they are better then United because they aren't but with Benitez gone and Hogdeson likely to come in they won't be as bad as they were maybe 5th or 6th.

I'm not saying they are better then United because they aren't but with Benitez gone and Hogdeson likely to come in they won't be as bad as they were maybe 5th or 6th.

they will probably finish 4th due to torres, he's the only player id take from liverpool....maybe gerrard...

• Advertisement

they will probably finish 4th due to torres, he's the only player id take from liverpool....maybe gerrard...

With Spurs and City, 4th will be big challenge for them and both have money to add players

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They had Gerard and Torres last season too ya know?

They had Gerard and Torres last season too ya know?

They also had Benitez

spurs wont finish 4th again....i think it was a bit lucky...down to other teams poor form really...city may make 4th, but they can be patchy too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mink Man pity you were late back for sf mod position, you would've of made a real difference to the sf and what i mean by that is the sf would be closed down after a day :pac:

I can the CL effecting Spurs league and Liverpool starting Europa League qualifiers so early will tire them out towards the end of the season, so City imo will get 4th as they'll have a strong squad and will sign quality players but Mancini could be their achilles heel

well headshot i was lookin through the previous threads today and i saw the modship thread locked and i was like "damn".....pity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

yabadabado wrote: »

I'm not into the kinky shít.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

If gerrard goes,which seems likely then its all downhill for liverpool.
    Yes,united probably will go that way but since we wont win anything decent for a long time to come its nice to be on top of liverpool(something to fall back on)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If gerrard goes,which seems likely then its all downhill for liverpool.
    Yes,united probably will go that way but since we wont win anything decent for a long time to come its nice to be on top of liverpool(something to fall back on)

Christ but i hate this small minded attitude. For me supporting United will never be just about beating one other team. There's more to it than oneupmanship for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement