Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mink_man wrote: »
    IMO...rooney drops deep into space and tries to pick out players...ozil looks for the same space as rooney, and ozil tries to pick out players too...

United play with one player up front, Rooney.

Germany play the exact same system and Ozil fits in fine with that system as a creative midfielder.

I think you're talking sh*te tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

ozil and lahm would be nice signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

IMO...rooney drops deep into space and tries to pick out players...ozil looks for the same space as rooney, and ozil tries to pick out players too...

1. EVERY player tries to pick out players. It is called passing.
    2. Its basically the same as saying Rooney and Kaka are the same, or Rooney and Iniesta are that same.

Crap, utter crap.

One is a forward, the other is a creative attacking midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

flahavaj wrote: »
    United play with one player up front, Rooney.

Germany play the exact same system and Ozil fits in fine with that system as a creative midfielder.

I think you're talking sh*te tbh.

oh yes, because berbatov didnt start 27 league games last year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

1. EVERY player tries to pick out players. It is called passing.
    2. Its basically the same as saying Rooney and Kaka are the same, or Rooney and Iniesta are that same.

Crap, utter crap.

One is a forward, the other is a creative attacking midfielder.

maybe thats why rooney was so shít when ronaldo was here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey minkman adios amigo

you lasted longer than i thought :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

28064212 wrote: »
    GK - Need a replacement for VDS, Kuszack isn't it. Defense - Depends on Vidic staying and Rio's fitness, hopefully we won't need anyone there. Midfield - we badly need a creative central midfielder, and Nani has never really done it on the left wing.

We don't have the money to replace Rooney if he gets injured (that would need a Torres, a Drogba, a Villa, Fabiano isn't it), but we have adequate backup (assuming Berba plays to potential) to still have a high enough standard up-front. Midfield and GK are far more important than up-front

The gk situation is for next season. VDS didn't sign a new contract to sit on the bench nor is there any point to spending big money on a new keeper this season and putting him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ozil doesn't play Rooney's role.

FAIL.

oh yes, because berbatov didnt start 27 league games last year???

Any big game, such as CL matches or game against title contenders, United played one up front.

Rooney tends to drop deeper when he has someone up front with him, such as Defoe today.

But him up top on his own and Ozil as the playmaker in a three man midfield behind would work really well IMO.

Whats that got to do with Ozil and Rooney being the same type of player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

this ozil fella is going be one the great players of the next 5 or 10 years i think . shame he would prob cost 25 million

still don't want ozil at utd...same player as rooney....

Are you blind and or stupid?

They are two completely different players.

Rooney was quality. Different to what he is without ROnaldo (more selfish and forward positioned without ROnaldo) but certainly not sh1t.

You are talking some amount of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Ozil actually is very similar to fabregas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

would ye say Schweinsteiger is better than essien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

this ozil fella is going be one the great players of the next 5 or 10 years i think . shame he would prob cost 25 million

That's a bit optimistic, 25m would be a bargain IMO. He's 21!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You're talking about a different Rooney. People thought he might go that direction when he first joined United, but Fergie has made him a different player, and out and out forward. Ozil would be a fantastic signing, would have been before the world cup as well.

chico starts, get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Headshot wrote: »
    chico starts, get in

Good stuff, we will get a proper look at him now against a quality team.
    Hope he does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

would ye say Schweinsteiger is better than essien

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

interesting to watch your new lad tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

From the bible that is Wikipedia:

"Ángel Fabián di María (born 14 February 1988 in Rosario, Argentina) is an Argentine footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for Portuguese club Sport Lisboa e Benfica in the Portuguese Liga. He will, however, officially join Manchester United F.C. on August 1, 2010 in a swap deal which sees Anderson (United number 8) plus 10 million euros going to Benfica in exchange for di Maria."

Bloody news to me.

I was convinced the Mexicans were gonna walk off the pitch after the linesman obviously admitted to the ref that he missed the offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Speaking of Wikipedias legitimacy, I found this earlier, well maybe its true but I remain 'slightly' skeptical :pac:
    In the early 1970s, Blatter was elected president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders, an organisation who tried to stop women replacing suspender belts with pantyhose.[2][3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

curry-muff wrote: »
    Speaking of Wikipedias legitimacy, I found this earlier, well maybe its true but I remain 'slightly' skeptical :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter

Saw that on league of their own during the week, thought it was a piss take but apparently it is true!

Get in!

• Advertisement

get in little pea

what a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Thadda boy Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You sh!ts seem to have got yourselves a decent prospect in Hernandez!! :(

F*ckin hell what a turn and finish by the young fella.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Beautiful take and finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

what a finish from Hernandez.

think he is going to do well next season by the look of him at this world cup!

wheres conno ?

might do another pighead on him

wheres conno ?

Who's Conno? Does he not rate Hernandez??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wheres conno ?

In fairness, the only thing more stupid that writing him off as a failure before he has kicked a ball for United is thinking that he's gonna be good for yous before he has played his first game. Some goal from him all the same.

maybe we should wait to see how the lad actually does for us before trying to make a fool of someone.

lets not get carried away too soon.

****ing hell but i can't stand heinze. Ronaldo has nothing on his whinging. Laughed my ass off when chico bundled him over the line earlier in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Agree with Al and Mitch.

Also if anyone should know the risks of bigging up a forward before they've even played for you it's you Headshot after the Owen/Tevez fail of last year... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

maybe we should wait to see how the lad actually does for us before trying to make a fool of someone.

Or we could do what a certain nation does and build him up ridiculously based on one performance to an extent that he will never ever be able to match our expectations . .

Dreaming beats Reality 60% of the time, everytime . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Drumpot wrote: »
    Or we could do what a certain nation does and build him up ridiculously based on one performance to an extent that he will never ever be able to match our expectations . .

Senegal?

Senegal?

America - has to be talking about Adu.

• Advertisement

Senegal?

Your warm in that you got the right planet . .

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Azerbaijan

TheTosh wrote: »
    Azerbaijan

Warmer . .

oh i know but **** like this "hes not up to much in my book and will not contribute to united" is a ****ing crap stuff and needs to be put in his place
    but as iv told him before ill wait and see how he goes at utd

Frisbee wrote: »
    Agree with Al and Mitch.

Also if anyone should know the risks of bigging up a forward before they've even played for you it's you Headshot after the Owen/Tevez fail of last year... :D

shut up frisbee, owen has more cl goals thou :D

Macheda!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Macheda!!!

Two performances and i still think kiko is the real deal.

Odds on Chico dissapearing for a few weeks and showing up, demanding that he signed a contract with Chelsea ! !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Warmer . .
    To conclude,
    kflol1247906927.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Well thats now all United players out of the world cup. From our point of view, its good that they wont be playing all the way into July etc.

Hernandez looks handy enough, hopefully he can adapt to England quickly enough.

I've already mentioned Ozil, and I know we all want him. Ben Hibbs seems to think there's no chance we'd even go for him though.

I'd absolutely love us to sign him and Schweinsteiger, he's been excellent for Germany this world cup. He's matured into a great all round midfielder. A great comparison someone made was to Essien, he's very similar now.

I guess all the talk of Ozil should probably be tempered a little with would he get the freedom to play as he liked with us? I sometimes used to think Anderson could of done things like that (i.e. playmake) but wasn't allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i hope i'm proven wrong about the mexican but i have not seen anything to suggest he'll be a success in english football, or indeed the CL
    hes quick yes - thats a plus though

ozil has to be a target
    could be sensational in another year or so
    great pace, vision

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement