Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

conno16 wrote: »
    i hope i'm proven wrong about the mexican but i have not seen anything to suggest he'll be a success in english football, or indeed the CL
    hes quick yes - thats a plus though

Yeah, you're right. Wait til he actually does something against a big team before judging him. :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

rumour circulating that united have made an approach for fabregas..
    could there be anything in this
    40m put on the table as far as i know
    surely he'd only leave for barca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

i hope i'm proven wrong about the mexican but i have not seen anything to suggest he'll be a success in english football, or indeed the CL
    hes quick yes - thats a plus though

Au contraire, I'm much happier about the boy after the World Cup than I was before.

Hes better in the air than I thought, hes left footed which is a rare commodity these days and judging by tonight's goal he seems capable of making goals for himself rather than being "just" a finisher.

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I heard United have bid 200 million for Torres.

Done deal apparently.

a) torres would not cost 200m, arguably no player would demand such a fee
    b) torres hates united and would never join
    c) if we had 200m to spend, which we dont, saf would buy some midfielders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

adox wrote: »
    I heard United have bid 200 million for Torres.

Done deal apparently.

Carragher as well.

i've studied the mexicans goal there this evening, watching it from numerous angles and am convinced he actually mis kicked his shot
    great turn, but lets face it that argie defender makes titus bramble look competent
    dont get carried away with a close-your-eyes and hope for the best shot that blasted into the roof of the net
    could well have landed in the roof of the stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

flahavaj wrote: »
    Au contraire, I'm much happier about the boy after the World Cup than I was before.

Hes better in the air than I thought, hes left footed which is a rare commodity these days and judging by tonight's goal he seems capable of making goals for himself rather than being "just" a finisher.

Happy days.

He's right footed, but he appears to have a damn good left foot too! I couldn't believe the power he got behind that shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whoooooooooooosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah, so that's what it feels like to add somebody to your ignore list....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Post of the day to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

In fairness Flah, 6th class at the most.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

i've studied the mexicans goal there this evening, watching it from numerous angles and am convinced he actually mis kicked his shot
    great turn, but lets face it that argie defender makes titus bramble look competent
    dont get carried away with a close-your-eyes and hope for the best shot that blasted into the roof of the net
    could well have landed in the roof of the stand

your full of s h i t e

baz2009 wrote: »
    In fairness Flah, 6th class at the most.:pac:

Kept back a few times though I'd imagine.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

This hernandez fella looks decent might suit rooney playing with him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

So that's the last of our players to take part at the World Cup.

Says a lot for our new kid that despite going up against Rooney, Carrick, Vidic, Park, Evra and Tosic, he's come out head and shoulders above the rest, with Park achieving a respectable second place.

Can't wait to see him in action for us.

Also, with 0 United players left at the World Cup, there are 7 ex-United players left (Heinze, Veron, Tevez, Forlan, Kleberson, Ronaldo & Pique). Interesting little stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Hernandez was in the biggest game of his career tonight and didn't let the occasion get to him, whether or not he can cope like in the big games in the PL remains to be seen but I believe in him and if he settles quickly he could 2nd choice striker in no time. I can see him being a real fan favourite at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

TheTosh wrote: »
    Hernandez was in the biggest game of his career tonight and didn't let the occasion get to him, whether or not he can cope like in the big games in the PL remains to be seen but I believe in him and if he settles quickly he could 2nd choice striker in no time. I can see him being a real fan favourite at United

I agree, but don't be surprised to see some people on this thread laugh at what you have just said, i know its sad but thats what you have on here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I'd say hernandez is the best player in the world now lads, would ya agree. Not overating him one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I'd say hernandez is the best player in the world now lads, would ya agree. Not overating him one bit.

Was that really necessary? Chelsea forum too quiet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I love how any praise whatsoever of the player is taken to be over-hyping. He did well this world cup, showed some talent, showed a ****ing huge leap. Personally I'm a little more comfortable with our striking options after seeing him play.

He has as many European Cups as John Terry anyway, despite being what, a decade younger? So I'd say his career is going swimmingly thus far.

Hernandez-vs-Tevez.gif

had a big smile when chico did that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Hernandez's performances are certainly comforting for us United fans.

Dream signings now based on what I've seen in the world cup: Suarez and Ozil. Christ,would cost a bomb but would restore us to having a seriously potent attack and goal threat from more than one player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

He has as many European Cups as John Terry anyway, despite being what, a decade younger? So I'd say his career is going swimmingly thus far.

ooooooouuch:D

Fair point. He does look decent though, good movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

besty wrote: »
    Hernandez's performances are certainly comforting for us United fans.

Dream signings now based on what I've seen in the world cup: Suarez and Ozil. Christ,would cost a bomb but would restore us to having a seriously potent attack and goal threat from more than one player!

Yea he really impressed so far our new boy.

And I think we have all falling totally in LOVE with Ozil.
    **starts dreaming***
    Hopefully we wake up tomorrow morning and hes signed with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Martin Demichelis likes this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

mink_man wrote: »
    To back up my point, Jay DeMerit or Jozy Altidore for the United States, They've played very well at the world cup but you wouldn't think about buyin them?

That comparison is way off.
    What have those other two done that's so special?
    deMerit hasn't done anything particularly to make me think he's worth looking into, so we'll just have to disagree about him.
    Altidore has looked sharp but he's a striker in a team that haven't given him much service - he just hasn't shone.

Ozil on the other hand has lit the tournament up. His close control, his passing, movement, pace, his shooting - they've all been of the highest quality. And he's only 21. This is a prodigious talent we are witnessing here imo. You can say all you want about him being specially focused and geed up because it's the wc but the skills he's showing can't be achieved with a bit of extra wc adrenaline. It's SKILL not attitude that is setting him apart.
    mink_man wrote: »
    still don't want ozil at utd...same player as rooney....

No dude, he's not. Rooney probably could play Ozil's position (ACM) if his temperament allowed but it would be a waste. Rooney is an out and out striker.
    You must be just seeing Ozil high up the pitch when the goals and near misses happen. You need to pay attention to how he's playing earlier on in the moves when he's deeper. Most of Germany's attacks come through him.
    Chicharito scored such a savage goal tonight. I know he was only being marked by a donkey of a defender but he still had to do it all. It was a lethal bit of play. I've only seen him in the England friendly and the wc games but he's impressed me already. His positioning is really really good. That's what I like about him most. Nearly every time he plays, it seems at least once, he gets himself free between the centre halves while getting on the end of a cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

And Re the dude who was talking about us signing Alti and De Merit. They are decent players but nowhere up to the United standard.

Chico was decent tonight. Loved the finish. Will be interesting to see him next year. He took that goal with a bit of class. When all the Mexicans were taking long shots from 40 yards I thought we would never see a decent ball played into him. Fair play and it's credit to him not letting the occasion get to him at all.

Well done Chico and Park. The rest we abysmyl, perhaps a bit harsh on Evra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Kept back a few times though I'd imagine.:pac:

Ha. He just hasn't a clue. Ignore it is so.

Don't think he meant sign demerit and altidore but more so that people can't just say sign someone who has good couple of games at the world
    cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Whats the story with Mesut Ozil? As in contracts & rough prices?

EDIT, just found out it's up next year (2011) so a move this summer is likely.

Would be a great addition, although after the World Cup he's having his price will surely rocket

bayern, chelsea and citeh are all sniffing around ozil
    we should send saf and gary neville over to the WC right now
    get them fixed up at the german hotel etc

I'd be more inclined to keep Gary Neville away from any potential signings . He's a fcukin headcase .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Try again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'd be more inclined to keep Gary Neville away from any portential signings . He's a fcukin headcase .

Yep. Fergie had Gary Neville speak with Aaron Ramsey. Then he signed for Arsenal soon after. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I just want to log on and see we've signed someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Not a hope Ozil will be signed - no doubt his price is about to rocket once the tournament ends. I still reckon Ever Banega is a good bet and no World cup means his price wont jump added to the fact his club need to sell players.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

redout wrote: »
    Not a hope Ozil will be signed - no doubt his price is about to rocket once the tournament ends. I still reckon Ever Banega is a good bet and no World cup means his price wont jump added to the fact his club need to sell players.

Would love it if we got Banega. Great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i hate to say it, but Hernandez's turn and finish was sublime yesterday.

i still think he's too lightweight to be a real force in the PL yet, but that was (unfortunately ;)) quite promising yesterday.

it still makes me laugh that Blanco was being played ahead of him for so long.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    i hate to say it, but Hernandez's turn and finish was sublime yesterday.

i still think he's too lightweight to be a real force in the PL yet, but that was (unfortunately ;)) quite promising yesterday.

it still makes me laugh that Blanco was being played ahead of him for so long.

I hope that Fergie has the balls to actually play him and not have him warm the bench. He should be put on an equal footing with Berba and both given the pre-season to prove themselves. If Chico can work with Rooney then he has to get the nod otherwise his signing was pointless.

I hope that Fergie has the balls to actually play him and not have him warm the bench. He should be put on an equal footing with Berba and both given the pre-season to prove themselves. If Chico can work with Rooney then he has to get the nod otherwise his signing was pointless.

i disagree with the equal footing with berba, chico has to improve the upper body strength alot before he gets on equal footing with berba imo

we'll probably see him in the reserves next season

Headshot wrote: »
    i disagree with the equal footing with berba, chico has to improve the upper body strength alot before he gets on equal footing with berba imo

we'll probably see him in the reserves next season

Mother of god.

I hope you are wrong.

The chaps playing in the world cup and bagged a couple of goals whilst looking sharp - no way does he belong in the reserves.

Mother of god.

I hope you are wrong.

The chaps playing in the world cup and bagged a couple of goals whilst looking sharp - no way does he belong in the reserves.

i hope your right, its just a bad feeling i have but he does need to build up the muscles but maybe he could do that during pre-season

we should put the mexican on the same fitness programme that tosic was put on
    at least that way we secured some cash back when selling the loser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Really, really hope that Hernandez continues at United like he did at the World Cup. Would be great to have another viable option to compete with Berbatov. Hopefully he gets a goal early to avoid the issues that Forlan had.

sure we'll have raul as well before he heads over to the US to finalise his career
    known fergie this'll be the running order up front next year:

1. rooney
    2. raul
    3. berbs
    4. giggs
    5. macheda
    6. wallbeck
    7. the mexican
    8. pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

we should put the mexican on the same fitness programme that tosic was put on
    at least that way we secured some cash back when selling the loser

please stop talking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Özil is the only player we should break the bank for, if there's any money there from the Ronaldo sale, plus offer them Carrick or someone else that we don't want!

thankfully carrick wasn't introduced at the WC
    his value would have prob fallen below 5m if he had even 15 mins on south african soil

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement