Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 31-07-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Aug 1st 2009

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Arsenal. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

Previous Discussion Thread is located here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Enjoy the news season chaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Enjoy the news season chaps.

Looking forward to it with good optimism. :)

Come on the Gunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Thanks alot but could you please change the thread name to Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumors Thread. Please thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I nearly - just nearly - posted this. :D

Good luck Arse - need to strenghten big time before the end of the window though, eh?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I nearly - just nearly - posted this. :D
    But...you did?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

We are now officially known to boardsies as Arsenal FC ;).

Wierd hearing from this fella again, i wonder if he does well tomorrow. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/reyes-this-arsenal-side-is-on-the-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Sorry, just continuing the conversation about the photoshopped Arsenal.com thing.

Basically, it seems like someone took a screengrab of Arsenal.com and altered it to include De Rossi's name.

I could be proven wrong about all of this but seriously I doubt whether:

a) whoever is given the tech order to update the Arsenal website is privy to top-secret transfer news.

b) that a club that conducts it's transfer business so discreetly woudl be guilty of such a cock-up

Apart from that, go on the new superthread.

Arsenal 09/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Thanks alot but could you please change the thread name to Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumors Thread. Please thanks :D

Should really be "The Arsenal" :P

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Should really be "The Arsenal" :P
    Hey did I get it changed or not? :P
    And about the De Rossi - Number 13 yoke it wasn't just a screenshot it happened when you enter Arsenal.com :confused: Seems strange though as we usually don't give anything away until they put on the jersey. Maybe someone hacked Arsenal.com??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

gosplan wrote: »
    Sorry, just continuing the conversation about the photoshopped Arsenal.com thing.

Basically, it seems like someone took a screengrab of Arsenal.com and altered it to include De Rossi's name.

I could be proven wrong about all of this but seriously I doubt whether:

a) whoever is given the tech order to update the Arsenal website is privy to top-secret transfer news.

b) that a club that conducts it's transfer business so discreetly woudl be guilty of such a cock-up

Apart from that, go on the new superthread.

Arsenal 09/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly, another forum i use, had similar screenshots showing Silva lining up for Liverpool next season a few weeks back. To prove it was fake & how easy it was to do within a few minutes there was identical screenshots showing Messi, Fowler & Villa lining out for us next year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Mr Alan wrote: »
    exactly, another forum i use, had similar screenshots showing Silva lining up for Liverpool next season a few weeks back. To prove it was fake & how easy it was to do within a few minutes there was identical screenshots showing Messi, Fowler & Villa lining out for us next year too.
    Remember the pic I posted with "David Silva" in the list of players you could get on the back of your jersey?

Anyways the fantasy football "Goonership 09/10" looks to be setting up nicely :D.
    Anyone else want to join pm me and I will send the code :).
    Strictly arsenal fans :p. Closing date will be gameweek 4 - August 29th to stop late entries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Anyways the fantasy football "Goonership 09/10" looks to be setting up nicely :D.
    Anyone else want to join pm me and I will send the code :).
    Strictly arsenal fans :p. Closing date will be gameweek 4 - August 29th to stop late entries.

yeah it's looking like a nice league, makes a change from being in a league full of man u and liverpool fans for me lol ;) only prob is we've all got very similar teams :)

By the looks of that screen shot it's a photo shop like it has been said a load of times before this. Although if De Rossi actually joined us I think everyone would be delighted failing that, Viera and the other DM to be linked with us from some french team. I know I posted about him earlier but ive the memory of a goldfish and many beers doesnt help!

Also is this really a new thread link or what? the Mod who started it has a Spurs emblem as their pic? :/

Souless wrote: »
    yeah it's looking like a nice league, makes a change from being in a league full of man u and liverpool fans for me lol ;) only prob is we've all got very similar teams :)

By the looks of that screen shot it's a photo shop like it has been said a load of times before this. Although if De Rossi actually joined us I think everyone would be delighted failing that, Viera and the other DM to be linked with us from some french team. I know I posted about him earlier but ive the memory of a goldfish and many beers doesnt help!

Also is this really a new thread link or what? the Mod who started it has a Spurs emblem as their pic? :/

Good evening Souless :pac: yeah very similar teams it'll be intresting to see who people transfer when Arsenal aren't playing ;). Madrid tomorrow :D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Arsenal are the team I am looking forward to seeing this season (Apart from my own team of course). Hopefully a couple of signings come in but the Talent already at the club have another year behind them and should be hungry.

I wish your team luck with fitness this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I also like to watch Arsenal, they are a good side to watch and am interested to see how they will get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Anyone have a stream to watch the emirates cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Paleface wrote: »
    Anyone have a stream to watch the emirates cup?

http://atdhe.net/8262/watch-rangers-vs-psg

i dont know if it will stay on for the arsenal game though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

what time is the arsenal match on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

shano_88 wrote: »
    what time is the arsenal match on at?

half 4 i think

• Advertisement

4:15 actually. Really looking forward to it. Come on Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Arsene Wenger is thinking of bringing back Vieira, according to Sky Text.
    Do ye think he would still be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

de rossi claims he is not coming to arsenal. no suprises there then.

matuidi and huntelaar and id be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsene Wenger is thinking of bringing back Vieira, according to Sky Text.
    Do ye think he would still be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League?

Absolutely not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Vieira would struggle even in the MLS at this stage of his career. Best not to bring him back, but instead remember him for the legend he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Its extremely strange seeing us with so much money! Plus we'll proably be getting another 10 or so from Senderos and Eboue.....

If it was Matuidi and Viera coming in I'd be happy enough, Id love Huntelaar also, I reckon Wenger may be biding his time on that one hoping wages/price demands will go downasseems to be o1 else apart from spurs interested.

Also I think everyone has forgotten about Sebastian Bassong, a typical Wenger signing and surely wont be happy playing Championship football, again maybewaiting oping to drive down price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

If Arsene Wenger does have plans to sign Viera it will be mainly to use him as a coaching player for our younger players.
    Would he be able to cope with 90mins in the faster & more competitive Premier League since he left?
    Maybe.
    If he was to play as an out and out holding DM he would have all the pace around him anyway and surely can still make a good pass......
    Regardless of his age & fitness, it would still be better than not having a big DM or an unknown for that matter.
    We know one thing for sure Viera still keeps in touch with AW and Arsenal and that can only be a bonus.
    Pay as you play would be very interesting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Folks a reminder no Match discussion in the Super threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Here's my effort :D

ArsenalSquad.png

Senderos is gone to Everton. Wonder how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Source? His buyout claus is suppose to be £6mil

arseblog, couple others i cant remember, arseblog definitly

Was that buyout clause not just for Milan, if they wanted him at end of loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hmm, prob see another young defender come in so.

• Advertisement

Must have been a lst minute deal, he was at the Emirates Cup yesterday allbeit in plain clothes.
    And with Eboue playing both games in the Emirates Cup, i don't think he will be going anywhere now.

Anyone who's watching the match now will see what a player we have in Jack. Just hope Madrid or Citeh don't come calling :mad:.

Anyone who's watching the match now will see what a player we have in Jack. Just hope Madrid or Citeh don't come calling :mad:.

Wenger only sells youth when they are crap.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gosplan wrote: »
    Hmm, prob see another young defender come in so.

It's increasingly unlikely that anyone will come in at all. Wenger himself said the other day that if anyone does come in it will be before the Everton game, which seems a tall order given the progress made in the last few windows.

I'll be shocked really if a new face comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Anyone see Wilshere's almost goal against Rangers?! There was a thread up about best goals ever, and (although this was a friendly), to be honest this would be right up there if it had creeped in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7PDcITAdM

• Advertisement

Think we will see more of Wilshere next season? He looks a decent option for RM cover instead of Eboue if he has the physique yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

How long until City are in for Wilshere?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CHD wrote: »
    How long until City are in for Wilshere?

it wont happen but if they are after Delph they should put in a huge bid for Wilshere now imo as tbh ive never known about a young player and had as high hopes/expectations as i do for Jack Wilshere.

He is really someone i could see turning into the english Fabergas but perhaps with more of an eye for goal and turning into Mr Arsenal. By that i mean I can see him being a major star but unlike many of Arsenals other stars with him being a local lad he wont have a desire to play elsewhere and Arsenal can be his club.

What do you arsenal fans think of his potential? and how much of him would you like to see this season?

I think he should be on the (now bigger) bench every week and for certain come on for fabergas (giving him a needed occasional rest) anytime Arsenal are very comfortable in a game. However he obviously at 17 should not be a starter yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

if a young player goes to city

shame on them

What do you arsenal fans think of his potential? and how much of him would you like to see this season?

Arsenal fans have been following him avidly for years now, without putting too much pressure on him. Through the years he's been labelled the next George Best among plenty others. Everyone's quietly confident he'll be the next big thing, but he still has a lot of learning and physical development in particular to undergo. And given Wenger's track record of keeping the next big thing under wraps, wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of him next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm looking to know a bit more about Wilshere as I'm thinking of sticking some money on him making the 2010 WC squad for England.

Did he start many of the reserves games last season? Also was he in the cup squad?

Who plays in his spot at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm looking to know a bit more about Wilshere as I'm thinking of sticking some money on him making the 2010 WC squad for England.

Did he start many of the reserves games last season? Also was he in the cup squad?

Well, he mainly plays right-side midfield so Walcott, but he drifts and can play left side or off the front either. Played Carling Cup last year, plus some Reserve games and games for England underage, and had a big influence in the final of the FA Youth Cup when Arsenal beat 'Pool.

Wouldn't stick money on that though, to be honest - his gametime at Arsenal will be carefully controlled, plus Capello's far more sensible than Sven (who brought Walcott last time out).

RasTa wrote: »

not much to know other than he's a local lad who's been at Arsenal (almost) all his life, and looks an immensely talented young individual whom Arsenal fans have been taking about in whispered tones for the past few years.

edit: my mistake, he joined from Luton when he was 9. Close enough imo it's all one big sprawl, sure a few Londoners would argue though. :D

He was looking good too last pre-season as-well and Wenger gave him a squad number and all on the back of it (19) but just decided not to play him, and i'd bet my money that's the same story this year. He's only 17, and still far from physically mature, Wenger wont play him unless he's forced to imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone know where I can get the highlights of the Emirates Cup matches? (was away for the weekend)

Right here Galv

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3100913/

Chinese commentary though!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement