Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Crazy Jens. That clip brought back a few memories. That push on Toure at the end was a classic, and also his time wasting throwing the ball blatantly into the advertising hoarding. What a character indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone remember when he threw the ball at Kevin Philips? Can't find it anywhere on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Good goalie, but an absolute headcase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Diaby might play tonight:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-returns-but-trio-face-fitness-tests

Also, it should be Arshavin's first Europen match for us. I'm really excited.

Only saw the first half on my break but delighted with the result, regardless of how the goals came.

Massively impressed with Vermaelen so far as well as the improvement in Song and Denilson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Only saw the first half on my break but delighted with the result, regardless of how the goals came.

Massively impressed with Vermaelen so far as well as the improvement in Song and Denilson

Great result, Vermaelen looks like a great buy and Song & Denilson are playing very well together in that 5 man midfield (which I'm pleasantly surprised by).

I know its only been two games but Vermaelen has looked extremely solid so far. Here's hoping it coninues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Good result for us.
    It should be handy now in the Grove.

I am hearing that Upson is to be sold as West Ham are brooke.
    Get the finger out Wenger! Also doesn't scott parker play for them. He could be a good box to box player. Always a fan of him. Just needs a good team to get the best out of him.

There ya go. DM and a defender for next to nothing! Both of them English to boot!

I think I should work for Arsenal FC:pac:

Solid game tonight at the back, wish we would have been more clinical in front of goal though, ah well should be fairly handy at the emirates well done lads.
    If we got someone who played in a qualifying match in before the window shuts would they be allowed play in the Champo League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Redzer7 wrote: »
    If we got someone who played in a qualifying match in before the window shuts would they be allowed play in the Champo League?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. That rules out Veloso, nice goal tonight though.

Upson would be a decent signing but would he be willing to sit on the bench? Although Gallas is in the last year of his contract and I could definitely see him leaving in 9 months, so anybody coming could be aware a slot would be available next season at least.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. That rules out Veloso, nice goal tonight though.

Was gonna link to it but it's been removed. It was an absolute dinger

Upson would be a decent signing but would he be willing to sit on the bench? Although Gallas is in the last year of his contract and I could definitely see him leaving in 9 months, so anybody coming could be aware a slot would be available next season at least.

Upson would be a nice cheap buy. Would he be willing to come back though?

Found it

Found it

Bit like denilson's goal with an extra touch.

Bit like denilson's goal with an extra touch.

Aye, he's liable to do it more frequently though

Aye, he's liable to do it more frequently though
    As he does in FM ;):pac:.

As he does in FM ;):pac:.

Well mainly because he takes their free kicks with Moutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Vermaelen was brilliant tonight, I'm absolutely in awe of him so far.

Song was excellent at breaking up the play in midfield however his passing and decision making is still lacking somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

massively impressed with vermaelan. Really hard in the tackle. Seems like a bit of a hard man even though hes fairly small.
    Tbh, id love to see the money spent on a top class keeper even though there isnt many out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

yea, i am very impressed with Vermaelen, i thought he did great last night.. he has a good solid accurate tackle on him... I think Song was great as well, some very classy moves from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Had to weigh in and say I'm also impressed with Vermaelen. Seems like just the type of center half Arsenal needs.

Apparantly he never shuts up giving instructions either, bit of a leader on the pitch which is just what Arsenal needs. Impressive overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Vermaelen is a better buy than Vidic.
    Song was excellent again!!!
    2 games in a row now.
    Wenger won't buy anyone IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Vermaelen looks savage but lets not be premature Willie, saying hes better than Vidic at this stage is a bit rich.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

flahavaj wrote: »
    Vermaelen looks savage but lets not be premature Willie, saying hes better than Vidic at this stage is a bit rich.

I agree with you both, it's a bit premature, but willie will certainly be proved right.

flahavaj wrote: »

yea, i hope Willie is proved right, but it is very premature saying he is better than Vidic..... Sure even julio baptista had a couple of good games for us.. 4 against Liverpool, Legend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Vermaelen is a better buy than Vidic, cheaper too.

Wayyyyyyyy to early for this kind of statement! Vidic could be one of Fergies top signings and had a considerable say in the last two league titles going to Old Trafford.

Vermaelen looks good the previous two games but lets count our chickens just yet!

Yes it is premature, doesn't mean it's wrong though.:pac:

Yes it is premature, doesn't mean it's wrong though.:pac:

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

shano_88 wrote: »
    Tbh, id love to see the money spent on a top class keeper even though there isnt many out there.

I know there is some fans out there that feel like this but tbh every time i read a comment like it, im in shock! Ive great faith in Almunia and consider him a great shot stopper and is pretty commanding in the air also.

Vermaelen is a better buy than Vidic, cheaper too.
    2 games in a row now.

Was Vidic not £7m and Vermaelen £10m???

Id have to be edging towards this opinion aswell that Wenger wont add to the squad, and if he does it would be hard to see us getting in an established player.

Anyway to agree with the majority of comments, it really is great to see him settle in so quickly. He really does look like he enjoys getting that tackle in and i really get the impression from him that he wants to become a top top defender for Arsenal and be that leading figure from the back.

Also showed last night against Celtic that hes more than comfortable on the ball and taking it out of defense when the time is right but also when things are that bit tighter he had no problem with putting the ball into row Z!!!!

Vermaelen is a better buy than Vidic.
    2 games in a row now.

Lol, he certainly has looked good so far. But let's give him a couple of seasons in the PL before we start making comparisons like that!

• Advertisement

Lol, he certainly has looked good so far. But let's give him a couple of seasons in the PL before we start making comparisons like that!

It's been a long time since we had such a buzz about new boys in our camp!! :cool:
    I stand by what i say, and i couldn't care less if i'm being pre-mature, he's a centre half , not a speedy CF.
    I think he's proven a lot in 2 games, and will prove more no doubt.
    I love him.:D
    And i can't wait to see him against the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

I dont think its been that long!!!;)

article-0-04948D0F000005DC-103_468x335.jpg

Arsenal best team in the world? :pac::pac::pac:
    Nah I would love for us to win the prem this season,
    just imagine it :D all the Liverpool + United fans saying that it's going to be title number 19 :pac: but it's the teams like Stoke Burnley and Hull that we have to beat, hopefully we take as much points as possible off the top sides, if we take full points off City and United in the coming weeks every Arsenal fan will be buzzing.

But it would be hard not to get carried away, hopefully were lucky with injuries this year, if injuries stay to a minimum then we have a very good shot this season.

It would be fcuking great to prove all the doubters wrong.

It would be fcuking great to prove all the doubters wrong.

:D.
    And i really hope we do.;)

It's been a long time since we had such a buzz about new boys in our camp!! :cool:
    Hasn't been that long:
    Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you..

Mr Francis Jeffers :pac::pac:

957912_feature.jpg

God damn he was shít.

• Advertisement

:pac::pac:
    What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

The fox in the box. :(

If Carlsberg did players, he'd probably be the best player in the world :pac::pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We'll sign Chamakh and Matuidi on deadline day imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

We'll sign Chamakh and Matuidi on deadline day imo.
    I like the fact that everything's gone quiet on Matuidi, gives me hope.

But I think Chamakh is our most likely signing (worth nothing in 6 months to Bordeaux) - do you really think we'll get 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Once we finish off Celtic next week I'd expect two new signings also, I think Hangeland is still definitely a possibility as Hodgson is looking to sign two more players and he has to be getting the cash from somewhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure about this chamakh fellow, is he really any good? After the way he behaved a couple of weeks back i don't think i'd want him on the team anyway. If he was going to sign a striker he should have signed Huntelaar...otherwise i don think we need one.

Someone like Matuidi would be good along with a centre back(preferebly hangeland), although I dont know why they haven't stepped up interest in Inler, and van der vaart is also available on the cheap. They've just been linked to Balazs Dzsudzsak at PSV now too.

To be honest I wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed nobody, especially after the recent results, bit of a catch-22 eh?

Told you that team would cost ya for this midweek willie ;):p.

With United losing to Burnley today and you look at the poor start they had last season, does anyone think there might be truth in Mr. Wenger's words that money-spinning pre-season tours in far away lands are detrimental to a team's campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Utd have won the league the last 3 years.
    Chelsea the two years before that.

Both went on far off pre-season tours.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Utd have won the league the last 3 years.
    Chelsea the two years before that.

Both went on far off pre-season tours.

You miss my point. My point was that United have made stuttering starts this season and last season after tours in the east. I didn't say the tours cost them the league.

Galvasean wrote: »
    You miss my point. My point was that United have made stuttering starts this season and last season after tours in the east. I didn't say the tours cost them the league.

I suppose it cant really help can it, I certainly dont think its the best preparation for a team, a couple of long flights/ jet lag, in the weeks before the new season. Ferguson said after the match that they usually don't hit their stride until October, maybe it is to do with the pre season tour/ Preparation

another slow news day... anyone know where we can see the match at the weekend?

I think it's on Setanta Ireland.

No wait, that's the Wigan game I was thinking of. I'll have to be a stream so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Galvasean wrote: »
    My point was that United have made stuttering starts this season and last season after tours in the east. I didn't say the tours cost them the league.
    Then again, Chelsea started off playing great stuff last year before losing the league in the middle part of the season. And Utd's poor start last season had at least a bit to do with the absence of their best player for almost 2 months. And I'd assume this year's start is partly down to adjusting to his absence again.

I don't think there's any general pattern - logically, though, I don't mind us passing on these opportunities to avoid the risk of injuries. Especially as our squad in recent years has always been thinner than the squads of Chelsea/Utd in terms of genuine first-teamers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement