Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Looks Eduardo has been passed fit for tomorrows game, and Walcott could be fit for the United game next week.

Also news from the official site, Arsenal appoints three new Senior Executives

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-appoints-three-new-senior-executives

I dont know much about them other than one has a cool action hero type name "Tom Fox" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Stick To Yer Day Job Ffs :p:pac::pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/vela

:(:(:(

At least by the way Wenger is talking about him there it sounds like he would be using him, so hopefully we'll see more of the Mexican Pelé this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any news on Fab yet? The curse of Man Utd strikes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frisbee wrote: »
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/vela

:(:(:(

At least by the way Wenger is talking about him there it sounds like he would be using him, so hopefully we'll see more of the Mexican Pelé this year

In a way Im glad he's injured as opposed to just being frozen out. I taught it was mad how Merida is getting game time ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Redzer, you going backwards in the fantasy league?
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

I'm still top :D but ive got 2 spurs players and Gerrard(still to play) on my team and it actually feels so bad hoping that they play well lol ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Galvasean wrote: »
    In a way Im glad he's injured as opposed to just being frozen out. I taught it was mad how Merida is getting game time ahead of him.

I wouldn't say Wenger is altogether impressed with him though. I read somewhere that Wenger said he took an injection to play for Mexico and made this ankle injury worse.

Wonder will any of the youngsters get a run out against Celtic. With Fabregas more than likely not being risked Ramsey might get some game time. Id say Gibbs will start. Could be room for Merida in some capacity too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Wonder will any of the youngsters get a run out against Celtic. With Fabregas more than likely not being risked Ramsey might get some game time. Id say Gibbs will start. Could be room for Merida in some capacity too.

I hope Wenger doesn't get too complacent. The tie isn't done and dusted just yet.

An early goal for Celtic would put the cat among the pigeons...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Gallas seems rejuvenated. No more pressure being captain. He was always a class act but being captain can have that negative affect on a player. Only have 2 look at Man Utd when Fergie gave Scholes the armband.

Of course I dont mean send out the Carling Cup team. I'm thinking put in Ramsey instead of Fabregas and Gibbs instead of Clichy. Then assuming all is going well put on Wilshire and/or Merida at some point in the second half.

As for Gallas, he should buy a euromillions ticket. Everything he touches is turning to gold.

As for Gallas, he should buy a euromillions ticket. Everything he touches is turning to gold.

Top scorer this season, you heard it here first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Top scorer this season, you heard it here first :D

At the rate he's going he'll easily get 35-41 goals, I can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

So with the Lescott deal more or less done can we expect to see Senderos gone by the end of the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

itsjaybud wrote: »
    So with the Lescott deal more or less done can we expect to see Senderos gone by the end of the week?

I think Everton seem to be looking at other options...unless they're gonna buy 2 defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I think Everton can set their sights a bit higher now that they have a bit of cash to work with. I think Cahill from Bolton has also been linked with them, but I think Senderos could give them options too.

Thomas Rosicky back in training.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Thomas Rosicky back in training.

Heard that before. He's clearly dead.

Heard that before. He's clearly dead.

Aye, that's where all our transfer budget goes. Hiring doubles and performing surgery on them to make them look exactly like him to maintain the ruse that he is still alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Where would Rosicky play in the new system anyway? On the left up front? I'm going to guess Nasri would take Denilson's place next to Cesc in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Fabs out for the game against Celtic on Wed night. He shouldn't be risked and a good call by the manager. Diaby should play instead and after his two goal haul at the weekend will fancy his chances of scoring.

Hopefully Fabs back for the Utd game.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-to-miss-wednesday-night-s-clash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_5512878,00.html

Hopefully have Cesc back for the weekend.

Hard to see where Rosicky would fit in to the new system. Cover for Arshavin at the moment is probably where he'll see himself for most of the season.

Edit: Just ahead of me Denman.

I'd have Rosicky take Denilson's place or as cover for Arshavin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

With Rosicky close to a comeback (touch wood)
    What do people think is our best team, I think the back 5 picks itself but after that now we have options, personally I like this

Song

Cesc
    Rosicky
    --RVP
    Arshavin-
    Eduardo

RVP has started through the middle in our 3 games this season but hasn't scored so I would like to see him swapped with Eduardo who I feel is a more natural finisher. They can always swap back during the match if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    With Rosicky close to a comeback (touch wood)
    What do people think is our best team, I think the back 5 picks itself but after that now we have options, personally I like this

Song

Cesc
    Rosicky
    --RVP
    Arshavin-
    Eduardo

RVP has started through the middle in our 3 games this season but hasn't scored so I would like to see him swapped with Eduardo who I feel is a more natural finisher. They can always swap back during the match if needs be.

I like that.
    Although, i think you could swap Arshavin for RVP , as RVP always liked going out on that left side.
    Also Arshavin has expressed his delight at playing from the middle AMC, and i wonder will he fill that position if Cesc goes missing.

Song

Cesc
    Nasri
    --RVP
    Arshavin-
    Eduardo

Song doesn't have any competition, would still like a signing in the defensive midfield area. I'd start Nasri in centre mid as I reckon Rosicky would be more useful as a wide part of the front 3, although he could still play in midfield if needed. Denilson can cover these positions, with Ramsey the next in line.

That would be my starting front 3 but there'd be no problem rotating those 3 with Walcott and Rosicky for the wide positions, along with Bendtner in the middle, plus Vela would get a game sometimes too. You can rotate the positions of the starting front 3 too, any one of them can play through the middle.

I'd put RVP on the right as he's played there plenty for Holland, plus he's not really a winger so he'll be cutting back inside a lot. Putting him on the right would be useful for having the ball on his left foot once he goes back inside.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

With everyone fit:

Song(Denilson)

Cesc(Diaby)
    Nasri(Rosicky)
    Arshavin(Walcott)
    RVP(Vela)-
    Eduardo(Bendtner)

Backup: Ramsey, Wilshere,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

BAH, line-up's shmine-up's.

I'm looking forward to a season of total football with an incredibly fluid and interchangeable front five and where people like Song and where Gallas pop up in attack to perform 1-2's with RVP, Arshavin or Almunia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

With everyone fit:

Song(Denilson)

Cesc(Diaby)
    Nasri(Rosicky)
    Arshavin(Walcott)
    RVP(Vela)-
    Eduardo(Bendtner)

Backup: Ramsey, Wilshere,

Yeah that's how I see it, except with Rosicky starting ahead of Nasri when fit. Really have some nice options there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Remember when Spurs released a DVD of the 4-4 draw at the Emirates last year?

topoftheleague.jpg

*Shamelessly stolen from the Poker forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Wreck wrote: »
    Remember when Spurs released a DVD of the 4-4 draw at the Emirates last year?

topoftheleague.jpg

*Shamelessly stolen from the Poker forum

That can't be real!! :)

That made me giggle, but it wouldn't surprise me too much TBH.

My favoured line up

Song

Cesc
    Rosicky
    --Arshavin
    Eduardo-
    RvP

I know most of you want Eduardo up top, but after seeing that skill he had to set up Diaby's goal against Pompey I'd be inclined to stick him on the left. I've also seen him play in that position for Croatia and play great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I've also seen him play in that position for Croatia and play great.

on TV? or live at the game?

on TV? or live at the game?

On TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

On TV.

Ah right,

at least that way you didn't have to fork out for the ticket prices and the travel,
    and you have more control over conditions, temperature etc.
    also the food is just in the other room, although there is always the risk of
    people nagging you, kids or spouses or whatever.

I would definitely watch a lot more games than go to matches.

Supporting a premiership club and living in Ireland is a factor I guess,

but I also like to keep up with many of the other leagues, The Portuguese is one that I never got much excitement out of however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I'm like Galv - I don't see why so many of ye think RVP should be out wide. Apart from anything else, there's still going to be the odd hoof up the pitch and he's our best holder-upper with his back to goal and a defender at his heels.

Plus he's very left-footed so his movement on either side of the three would be very predictable - I know Eduardo is too but I figure that he'd mainly play centrally in something like Walcott-Eduardo-Arshavin.

Also, I'd be very very comfortable having Rosicky playing in CM beside Cesc. Main thing is that the new shape gives us plenty of options with our front 5 and gives Fabregas the best chance to shine.

tumbleweed.jpg

Everyone happy with the group then :P:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Happy Days:D:D:D

Great group...very happy with that. Only one weaker group

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No really big sides and minimal travel, tis perfect really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Yeah must say was fairly delighted with the group we drew :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think I might actually be disappointed it's so easy. :D

Super group for Arsenal, couldn't have gone much better, now if we can just get a result at OT on Saturday that would cap a few weeks - Eduardo's dive aside, everything has gone amazingly well so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wreck wrote: »
    Super group for Arsenal, couldn't have gone much better, now if we can just get a result at OT on Saturday that would cap a few weeks - Eduardo's dive aside, everything has gone amazingly well so far this season.

The whole Eduardo thing might work to our advantage, the reaction has been hugely OTT compared to other players fore other clubs in the same situation. Arsenal against the World imo, it will bring the team closer together imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I was expecting to see the team having to go to the Ukraine, Moscow or something like that but the draw as it turned out makes me very happy.

Arsenal get a result at Old Trafford and were flying :D.
    Huge task though, hopefully Fab is fit.

Olympiacos away is the last game of the group, so should be able to rest players for that one (Liverpool away in the league is a few days after it). Great draw really.

For anyone that was curious about what was on Eboue's top last night ;)

Thanks Be To God :)
    article-1209402-06315A60000005DC-847_233x369.jpg

Redzer7 wrote: »
    For anyone that was curious about what was on Eboue's top last night ;)

Thanks Be To God :)

I'm delighted for him, he played really well last night and looks to have his confidence back after all the sh1te he had to put up with earlier in the year. People tend to forget that at the start of last season he was actually one of our best players, but obviously it all went to pieces later on. And there were no theatrics or dives from him last night, so maybe he is trying to make a change to this part of his character.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement