Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Eboué kind of reminds me of kids Sunday league football, where there was this one kid who was pretty crap, but since his Dad was friends with the manager he would get lots of game time in any position where there was a bit of a gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

So Wenger is friends with Eboué Sr. That explains it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Galvasean wrote: »
    Eboué kind of reminds me of kids Sunday league football, where there was this one kid who was pretty crap, but since his Dad was friends with the manager he would get lots of game time in any position where there was a bit of a gap.

The third most frustrating thing about Eboue (first is his diving, second is his faking injury) is that he has shown glimpses of being a very immpressive player. I honestly think if he could cut out all the sh1t, get his head right and play with some confidence he could actually be a good player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Wreck wrote: »
    The third most frustrating thing about Eboue (first is his diving, second is his faking injury) is that he has shown glimpses of being a very immpressive player. I honestly think if he could cut out all the sh1t, get his head right and play with some confidence he could actually be a good player for us.

I thought the same until he showed that all he does is hide it, he will never cut it out of his game.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone think were going to sign anybody tomorrow?
    have a sneaky feeling were going to get somebody but i really don't
    think he'll be decent enough for the first team :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Eboue didnt play bad on Saturday at all imo. A small bit wasteful on the ball, missed a chance to control a good ball in the box and made a disgraceful dive. He tracked back very well. Went on a few mazy runs which caused problems for united, Was always a threat on the counter attack.

I dont understand all the hate. Hes a very versatile play and a great squad player.

shano_88 wrote: »
    . A small bit wasteful on the ball
    That's understatement of the year, he gave the ball away on more than 4 occasions, and this can be applied to nearly every game he plays for us in Midfield.,
    missed a chance to control a good ball in the box
    Control?, all he had to do was hit it, and he bottled that.
    Was always a threat on the counter attack.
    Well now, that depends on who you consider he was a threat to, Arsenal or ManU, he proved it was Arsenal.
    I dont understand all the hate. Hes a very versatile play and a great squad player.

I do, he's a cheat and he was hoping he could use the last meeting to get Evra sent off by lying on the ground and waving at the ref.
    It's not as if he's even a great player, all he has is pace.
    What i can't believe is why so many fans like him, especially since we are getting back to the cheating crap.

Do arsenal fans favour a cheater?

So, willie would you prefer we sell him? and replace him with who?

I dont hate him, i just thought there were 2 much better players on the bench who could have played in his position

I agree that he is useful to have as a squad player, but his antics really really let him down

Replace him with me? :cool:

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »

DEAL

thorbarry wrote: »
    I dont hate him, i just thought there were 2 much better players on the bench who could have played in his position

I agree that he is useful to have as a squad player, but his antics really really let him down

I would agree with this to a certain extent. He has lost it on a few occasions and his dive was a disgrace. He will never be a starter for us but he done well at tracking evra and im sure this was the main reason he was picked over bentdner or eduardo.

This response makes my point that there is no one as versatile in the market for a reasonable price.

Is that the only reason to keep a cheater, because we have no one else as backup?
    We have Arshavin, Rosicky, Merida can all play that position.
    Yes we have injuries, but this will happen no maytter who plays the position.

As Wenger never usually buys big boys from the PL, i don't scout other leagues around Europe as Wenger does and i'm sure there is another right winger out there that could do the same job at least.
    Problem isn't who to buy, problem is Wenger doesn't want to buy or replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I can't say I hate him, can't really think of many footballers I do hate, but as an Arsenal fan I'm constantly very embarrassed by his antics - he is a cheat, pure and simple. This doesn't blind me from the fact that he can be a very useful player for us however, and if he could be convinced to cut out the diving etc. I'd much rather have him on the right then say Bendnter for example, not to mention he offers decent cover at right back also.

but he done well at tracking evra .
    And so this is a good reason to support a cheat because he can track a winger.:pac:
    My lassie could do that, way better.

thorbarry wrote: »
    DEAL
    :D:D

Arsenal.com is pleased to announce that the Irish International Redzer7 has signed a four year deal with Arsenal. The €20 deal has recently been announced on Skysports News, and is sure to delight Gunners supporters in a summer where transfer speculation promised little. The 23 year old will join as a right midfielder, possibly replacing the recently departed Eboue in the position.
    Although the move has not long been predicted, Arsenal can be only too delighted to officially announce the signing, and I expect that this will be unveiled tomorrow, or possibly this evening.
    The question remains as to whether he will fill the vacant Number 27 shirt for the coming season, as previously announced here.

:eek:

And so this is a good reason to support a cheat because he can track a winger.:pac:
    My lassie could do that, way better.

Eduardo is considered a cheat so he should be sold. Rooney has dived on many occasions so ferguson should just pack his bags. Gerrard has decieved on many occasions. Its a competitve game and he dived and decieved on many occasions but he isnt the only one.

I would agree with this to a certain extent. He has lost it on a few occasions and his dive was a disgrace. He will never be a starter for us but he done well at tracking evra and im sure this was the main reason he was picked over bentdner or eduardo.

I agree he did do well tracking back, i'm just not a fan of him playing in the position he played in on saturday, He is a good player to have as backup for Sagna, and occasional sub on the wing... fair enough he is a versatile player, a good right back, and not a good midfielder

this will be his third season as back up right back/ winger... and i really dont think he has done much good in the previous 2 years. I'd be happy if we sold him and just bought a back up for sagna, because i dont think we need him playing on the wings/ midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Eboue is worth more than what we could sell him for. I'll go against the crowd again and say his overall play compensates for his flaws. It is a view I have maintained for a long time and I'll stick to my guns (excuse the pun). His pace and interplay are excellent in defence and midfield...granted his final ball is not world class, but it's decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wreck wrote: »
    I honestly think if he could cut out all the sh1t, get his head right and play with some confidence he could actually be a good player for us.

This.

I wouldn't like to see us lose Eboue. He's very versatile and provides great cover for right back without being such a primadonna that he expects to be starting every week.

Frisbee wrote: »
    This.

I wouldn't like to see us lose Eboue. He's very versatile and provides great cover for right back without being such a primadonna that he expects to be starting every week.

I do see your point, but that doesn't mean he will always stay like that.
    When we have a full squad with Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, Eduardo, Bendtner, Fabregas, i feell he would have to move over and allow Rosicky/Arshavin/Walcott in to the squad, who certainly would keep him out of the squad if they stayed fit.

Going by his antics at the weekend, i'm genuinely bewildered to his character and if anyone is actually speaking to him about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haven't posted since the game...I think :P. I was absolutely disgusted with the result and the way in which it came about.

Stonewall penalty for the tackle on Arshavin and a possible sending off as it was quite dangerous.

I don't really care what anyone else says, Rooney dived to win the penalty. Yes if he had continued his run Almunia would have cleaned him, but he didn't...instead he dived as soon as Almunia came rushing off his line. It was a very good dive, I must say but a dive nonetheless!

Diaby :(

Even though it was offside at the end, that was the worst thing that could of happened for me. In a United pub, roaring my head off only to see the flag and the whole place laughing at me.

It will be very interesting to see how we come back from this. City next, we need a good result (a win really), I'm just a bit pessimistic considering our recent form after losing big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

As was Eboue who had certainly brought a lot more wrongs to his game at his time at Arsenal.
    But this season he has shown he can be a different player and like Denilson has helped his side to wins.
    I've done a U-turn on Eboue and think if he keeps this up he certainly has a place in Arsenals future.
    Denilson too needs time to show this and this season could be the time.
    We played great and got undone by mistakes by Almunia & Diaby.

My only dissapointment with the game was Eboue!!!
    Back to his usual cheating antics, I'm convinced he is responsible for Eduardo trying it, as they seem to celebrate together.

If Wenger carrys on letting him play like that, then we deserve to lose these high profile games, as it's only the little teams that Eboue looks like being able to play against, and even then it's only his pace.
    He made the effort to look like he'd grown up and changed his stupid little attitude, but he has undone all of that hard work and i won't blame any fans booing him again.

eboue.gif

All in the space of 3 days i think! lol

Was completly sickened by the result, cant believe we came away with nothing.

Having to watch that on top of the charges Eduardo is facing it really is a fcuking disgrace.

Despite my dislinking of Eboué, we currently have no real options for cover at right back were Sagma to get injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

That's understatement of the year, he gave the ball away on more than 4 occasions, and this can be applied to nearly every game he plays for us in Midfield.,
    Control?, all he had to do was hit it, and he bottled that.
    Eboue is a diving cheat, and for that I would love to see him depart.

But as for giving the ball away, young Ramsey did far more of that in the short time he was on the pich on Saturday than did Eboue. Eboue actually played quite well against Utd.

Well doesn't Ramsey have a better excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Rumours of Fulham in for Vela on a season long loan. I wouldnt like to see him go for another season, think he's ready for a shot at our first team.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Rumours of Fulham in for Vela on a season long loan. I wouldnt like to see him go for another season, think he's ready for a shot at our first team.

Agreed, would be madness to loan him out since our team are way shorter on numbers over previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Well doesn't Ramsey have a better excuse?
    You mean him being Welsh? Or because he's a United fan??

PDN wrote: »
    You mean him being Welsh? Or because he's a United fan??

His age & lack of experience/first team opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

I hope we can get Blaise Matuidi, I really do. :)

I don't think we'll sign anyone today TBH.

Looking very unlikely :(.

Who'd have thought when we signed Vermaelen that he'd be our only buy? I thought it was gonna be a busy summer when we started business so early. Ah well.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Who'd have thought when we signed Vermaelen that he'd be our only buy? I thought it was gonna be a busy summer when we started business so early. Ah well.

Did I Not Count? :P
    Arsenal.com is pleased to announce that the Irish International Redzer7 has signed a four year deal with Arsenal. The €20 deal has recently been announced on Skysports News, and is sure to delight Gunners supporters in a summer where transfer speculation promised little. The 23 year old will join as a right midfielder, possibly replacing the recently departed Eboue in the position.
    Although the move has not long been predicted, Arsenal can be only too delighted to officially announce the signing, and I expect that this will be unveiled tomorrow, or possibly this evening.
    The question remains as to whether he will fill the vacant Number 27 shirt for the coming season, as previously announced here.

I have nothing to say today :p

DenMan wrote: »
    I hope we can get Blaise Matuidi, I really do. :)

i though we would sign him. Looking seriously unlikely now.

Haven't even heard any rumours of any possible signings :(
    C'mon Wenger.

Whats going on with Senderos. Doesnt look like he is going anywhere. And he hasent been on the bench in any of our games this season so far. Now that it looks like he's staying, do you reckon he will replace Silvestre on the bench? Or where do ya think he comes in the pecking order?

I still think he can be a solid defender, it just looked like, after the end he had to his last season with us, he seemed to loose all confidence. I'd still rather him to Silvestre tho, every time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

What is it in England with this Bentley thing? Wasn't kept at Arsenal. Did okay at Norwich if I remember correctly. Did okay at Blackburn and was a huge flop at Spurs.

Why is he so highly rated? He's not a bad player but I just dont see why there is so much fuss over him.

Dont like his attitude either. Thinks a lot of himself and feels that he's the next David Beckham I think. Well sorry David. You're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I do see your point, but that doesn't mean he will always stay like that.
    When we have a full squad with Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, Eduardo, Bendtner, Fabregas, i feell he would have to move over and allow Rosicky/Arshavin/Walcott in to the squad, who certainly would keep him out of the squad if they stayed fit.

Going by his antics at the weekend, i'm genuinely bewildered to his character and if anyone is actually speaking to him about it.

Thats the problem - Arsenal always have injuries and its always the good players. Average players like Denilson, Bendtner and Eboue haven't been injured and so are getting more than their fair share of games. Any team would suffer with injuries to Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri and Rosicky in midfield. Its a big problem we get way more injuries than other teams and they last longer. I guess its because we rely on pacy players who may be more injury prone. God forbid anything happens in Defense, we have no decent cover there! Djorou is good but he's already injured.

Eduardo Two Game European Ban Confirmed :mad:

Edit: No Singings :mad: Not Happy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/31/1473221/arsenal-midfielder-tomas-rosicky-ready-for-international

Wenger not happy about Rosicky playing for Czech Republic. Personally I think its a good idea he is going to play a couple of reserve games anyway after so long before being risked so why not see how he does in competitive games against Slovenia and San Marino?

Did I Not Count? :P

SSN said you couldnt agree personal terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Edit: No Singings :mad: Not Happy :(

Why? We're covered pretty much everywhere in depth

GK: Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone, Schnesymkfgmpf

LB: Clichy, Traore, Gibbs

RB: Sagan, Eboue

CB: Gallas, Vermaelen, Djourou, Senderos, Song

CM: Fabregas, Denilson, Song, Diaby, Ramsey, Rosicky, Nasri

LW: Arshavin, Rosicky, Nasri, Vela

RW: Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky

CF: RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo, Vela

I know there's instances of players doubling up for positions there but there's decent enough depth.

Also you may have noticed I didn't include Silvestre.
    I believe if you wish something hard enough it will happen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We're still definately short at DM, although the 4-3-3 helps a bit. Song is off to the ACN in January and Denilson is the only real alternative, but he's not exactly shown himself to be the ideal replacement.

Mind you, Coquelin will break into the first team squad by the end of the season (similar to how Gibbs did last season), so the situation will improve with time. It'll probably cost us before then though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Frisbee wrote: »
    Schnesymkfgmpf
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I feel sorry for Senderous, just think he is unlucky. Hope he plays a few games for us and plays well!

DM and CB are the weak positions as well as GK. Almunia i dont know he just always seems to regularly **** up.

:oGiven to Man City for 5 million...why Wenger why!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

jank wrote: »
    :oGiven to Man City for 5 million...why Wenger why!!:(

apparently, cos his kicking isn't good enough to act as a sweeper-goalie...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement