Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gosplan wrote: »
    would any of them be a step up from Big Al

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

If a change of Assistant was the way to go, I think we should be looking closer to home...Steve Bold has been doing a fantastic job with the U18's.

Denny Bergkamp would be a good addition to general coaching, huge step to become assistant after only a few years coaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've heard a bit made of the RVP tackle on Ade on Saturday but haven't seen it.

What was it like?
    has anyone a highlights link that shows it?

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lol at the suggestion of Brian Jensen, possibly the worst keeper in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Frisbee wrote: »

What was it like?

It was nothing malicious, typical forward tackle, to even mention it in the same paragraph as Adebayors tackle shows how sh1te sports journalism is at the moment. what was funny tho was how RVP carried on, did'nt look back at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

What was it like?

I've been looking for this also.

All I've been able to find are fan videos of when he came on and the fans reaction to this which was quality. Cheer Viera as he came off and then boo Adebayor was he comes on!

What's with the hopping on one leg as he enters the pitch??! I smell another superstitious footballer!

It was nothing malicious, typical forward tackle, to even mention it in the same paragraph as Adebayors tackle shows how sh1te sports journalism is at the moment. what was funny tho was how RVP carried on, did'nt look back at all.

No-one compared them afaik. I just heard about it and wondered what it was like.

Just saw that AC Milan are apparently one of the teams in the Emirates Cup this year. Anyone know when the line-up is usually finalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Just saw that AC Milan are apparently one of the teams in the Emirates Cup this year. Anyone know when the line-up is usually finalised?

Sweet. Moving to London myself in August so gonna try and make a couple of those games.

Do tickets for Emirates cup games go on general sale or will you need to be a red level member? Although I'll probably be getting a Red Level membership anyways.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Sweet. Moving to London myself in August so gonna try and make a couple of those games.

Do tickets for Emirates cup games go on general sale or will you need to be a red level member? Although I'll probably be getting a Red Level membership anyways.

General sale afaik

The stadium never fills up totally for them anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

i dont like the way vieira hugged ade and didnt even clap to the fans for the support they gave him,i always felt he wasnt a true legend like bergcamp and henry.

and he came out and said he regrets not leaving arsenal earlier in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

i dont like the way vieira hugged ade and didnt even clap to the fans for the support they gave him,i always felt he wasnt a true legend like bergcamp and henry.

Perhaps, but that doesn't stop him from being one of the finest players ever to play for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If he left earlier in his career he wouldn't be half the player he was. Arsenal's playing style suit him and emphasized his good points whilst mostly ignoring his bad points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

Paleface wrote: »
    I've been looking for this also.

All I've been able to find are fan videos of when he came on and the fans reaction to this which was quality. Cheer Viera as he came off and then boo Adebayor was he comes on!

What's with the hopping on one leg as he enters the pitch??! I smell another superstitious footballer!

I've heard a bit made of the RVP tackle on Ade on Saturday but haven't seen it.i was there and

What was it like?

i was there and the tackle wasn't malicious IMO. there was loads of booing at Ade and some nasty chants, one in particular re the coach incident!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

the assertion that we have nothing to lose by removing him from his post basically says that the job he does is worthless
    Exactly what I was going to say. I know I'm coming to this late but to say we'd have nothing to lose is an incredibly dangerous way to think.

As for player ratings, I think Song's been poor-ish the second half of the season. ACN ruined Toure a couple of years ago as well - what happens at that tournament?

patrickc wrote: »
    there was loads of booing at Ade and some nasty chants, one in particular re the coach incident!

Really?

Fcuking scum, no matter what perceived slights you think a player has committed against your club there is never any excuse for something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

some nasty chants, one in particular re the coach incident!
    Also just to say that's bang out of order. No matter what anyone thinks about Ade, that clearly affected him a lot (and he's still only 25 too, remember). Were many joining in?

That kind of chant is idiotic - not to menion how hypocritical it makes the club when they complain about the Wenger/paedophilia chants.

Some fans don't deserve tickets.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's one case where the stewards should be ejecting people, and barring them. Brainless behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I know we are going to be linked to plenty of players but :eek:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/04/26/arsenal-considering-18m-move-for-former-gunner/

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/04/26/arsenal-considering-18m-move-for-former-gunner/

As a player I'd love it to happen as he's exactly the type of player we need for big games.

However it won't happen because of his reported personal issues with Arsene and his impatience.

As a player I'd love it to happen as he's exactly the type of player we need for big games.

However it won't happen because of his reported personal issues with Arsene and his impatience.

Going to be an interesting couple of months :p

Going to be an interesting couple of months :p

Indubitably

Really?

Fcuking scum, no matter what perceived slights you think a player has committed against your club there is never any excuse for something like that.
    yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Also just to say that's bang out of order. No matter what anyone thinks about Ade, that clearly affected him a lot (and he's still only 25 too, remember). Were many joining in?

That kind of chant is idiotic - not to menion how hypocritical it makes the club when they complain about the Wenger/paedophilia chants.

Some fans don't deserve tickets.

yeh they first started about him and leaving for money, and then the van persie thing with Ade and they were saying "ade you used to like coaches, but you dont anymore" etc a good lot joined in, where i was it wasn't as loud as it seemed to be from behind the goals.

yeh they first started about him and leaving for money, and then the van persie thing with Ade and they were saying "ade you used to like coaches, but you dont anymore" etc a good lot joined in, where i was it wasn't as loud as it seemed to be from behind the goals.

Apart from that how was your first trip?

Apart from that how was your first trip?

feckin brilliant, the emirates is just fantastic wow like. the atmosphere was brilliant for the most of it, I had great seats also, upper tier just on the half way line. can't wait for the next match I get to see and hopefully there'll be a few goals or at least attempts;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't see it happening.

Can I just say before all the crap starts:

I HATE THE TRANSFER WINDOW!!!

:p

feckin brilliant, the emirates is just fantastic wow like. the atmosphere was brilliant for the most of it, I had great seats also, upper tier just on the half way line. can't wait for the next match I get to see and hopefully there'll be a few goals or at least attempts;)

Sounds like you had brilliant seats, pity the match lacked goals, better luck nxt time :) did you get a chance to sample any of the local pubs before the match?

jasonorr wrote: »
    Don't see it happening.

Can I just say before all the crap starts:

I HATE THE TRANSFER WINDOW!!!

:p

At least it's something to keep the summer interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The World Cup? Storm in a teacup that! ;)

Sounds like you had brilliant seats, pity the match lacked goals, better luck nxt time :) did you get a chance to sample any of the local pubs before the match?

i did there was an arsenal one a few mins up the road we were in, the duke or something like that, i only got back tonight so been drinking alot the last few days..

yeh next time, hopefully should be able to get tickets for 2 home games a season from now on

• Advertisement

No, it drives me insane! Every spare second of every day I hit F5! We only signed one player last summer, my hand was in bits!!! :p

No, it drives me insane! Every spare second of every day I hit F5! We only signed one player last summer, my hand was in bits!!! :p

Sky Sources indicate.....:p

Yep, and that bloody page where fans text in their lies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

His mé féiner attitude grates with me massively and along with Balotelli I don't want us to get him this summer.

Chances of Wenger breaking the club record for Diarra an ex player who whined and moaned.......

Yeah, that was from refreshing you page, suuuuuuure.....

"Sky sports understands" drives me f'in bananna.

Nothing is as bad as the arseblog transfer section, 3,500 posts dedicated to baptista, he went to madrid then he came to us and we wish he had'nt. IF scientists created a working cryo stasis unit, most of them would be taken up by Arsenal fans from the middle of may to the middle of august.

And 18m for Diarra, get to ****. Just wait for madrid to buy some uber galactico to replace him and then pick him up for peanuts.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/04/26/sports/sports-uk-soccer-europe-arshavin.html?_r=1

if this is true arshavin,get out of our club,im sick of your barca-loving:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

And 18m for Diarra, get to ****. Just wait for madrid to buy some uber galactico to replace him and then pick him up for peanuts.

I was under the impression that Diarra didn't like Wenger?

Don't think he hates him just wanted out of the club, i'd be surprised if wenger went for him.

As for Arshavin, he's never been silent about his love of barca. The guy speaks his mind, most players would love to go there but keep stum about it.

Don't think he hates him just wanted out of the club, i'd be surprised if wenger went for him.

As for Arshavin, he's never been silent about his love of barca. The guy speaks his mind, most players would love to go there but keep stum about it.

Maybe he should start to show some good performances, if he wants Barcelona to buy him.

He is a bit annoying sometimes. Does he even wants to be here? He doesnt seem very passionate about being in Arsenal tbh.

• Advertisement

He's Russian.

They're an odd group of people.

I thought the diarra rumour was bad, get this Joe Cole on a free, i had to print it to make sure i was'nt going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I thought the diarra rumour was bad, get this Joe Cole on a free, i had to print it to make sure i was'nt going mad.

Joe Cole is far more likely than Diarra imo, it's probably not going to happen because his wage demands will be too high and we don't really need him, but it's not actually that crazy a rumour.

Wreck wrote: »
    Joe Cole is far more likely than Diarra imo, it's probably not going to happen because his wage demands will be too high and we don't really need him, but it's not actually that crazy a rumour.

The reason he hasn't signed a new contract at Chelsea are his wage demands. So no chance we'd meet them.

Plus we don't really need him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Joe Cole - no no no. Another frequently injured attacking midfielder with flashes of brilliances but long periods of ineffectiveness, we don't need.

A midfield of Song - Diarra - Cesc would be pretty damn solid but it's nonsense. There's no way the guy is coming back.

I mean, he left because he wasn't automatically going to be the first name on the teamsheet - with the emergence of Song, nothing's going to have changed there. Was always dissappointed he left though - was a good player for us. Still, no way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The reason he hasn't signed a new contract at Chelsea are his wage demands. So no chance we'd meet them.

Plus we don't really need him imo.

;)

;)

:D

I was re-iterating...

Joe Cole???? Can't believe no one has mentioned that his wages would be far too high for us :confused:

:P
    Seriously though.....Hazard = 3 x Joe Coles

Kirnsy wrote: »
    Joe Cole???? Can't believe no one has mentioned that his wages would be far too high for us :confused:

He's far too injury prone too.

Plus we don't really need him.

• Advertisement

He's far too injury prone too.

Plus we don't really need him.

Yep I was attempting at being humorous considering plenty of posters have mentioned the wages. :o

But agreed. He's basically another Rosicky (except I actually like rosicky). And considering Chelsea aren't too bothered whether he stays or not we should be very wary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement