Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

PDN wrote: »

At a push Diaby can play CB (just so long as he doesn't head anything in the direction of his own goal).

Well that's incorrect. Song is the one who will push back if needs be(and please go before Silvestre). Then after that I'd imagine it's Kyle Bartley from the reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

playa3 wrote: »
    Well that's incorrect. Song is the one who will push back if needs be(and please go before Silvestre). Then after that I'd imagine it's Kyle Bartley from the reserves.

You'd put Kyle Bartley in ahead of Senderos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i would put senderous or silvestre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

No more than we'd be screwed by having Djourou on the pitch.

At a push Diaby can play CB (just so long as he doesn't head anything in the direction of his own goal).

Djourou is out for 6 months following knee surgery

Source Sky Sports News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

liam09 wrote: »
    fabregas will never leave

He will leave and when he does leave, it will be when Wenger believes that he has an adequate replacement for him. I am predicting Ramsey within 18 to 24 months and Arsenal being about 25 million pounds better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

He will leave and when he does leave, it will be when Wenger believes that he has an adequate replacement for him. I am predicting Ramsey within 18 to 24 months and Arsenal being about 25 million pounds better off.
    he will never leave we will champo league and PL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

he will never leave we will champo league and PL

I cant believe that you believe that he will never leave! Of course he will.

At the end of the day he's a professional and like us all we will move when there is a financial incentive. Thats what it comes down to unfortunately. It's a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I cant believe that you believe that he will never leave! Of course he will.

At the end of the day he's a professional and like us all we will move when there is a financial incentive. Thats what it comes down to unfortunately. It's a job.

I'm not so sure that the financial thing will really matter to Fabregas. He's already made more money than he'll ever need and we'll probably pay him as much as Barca will.

However, I'm sure he harbors personal desires to play for Barca some day and why shouldn't he?

IMO, the timing of his exit will depend on what he has achieved at Arsenal or more importantly, what he feels he can achieve. If this young squad blossom this year yet finish just outside the trophies, then I think he'd probably give it another year.

If however the team stands still or worse, regresses, then he might just throw in the towel.

Essentially, I imagine that Fabregas is now playing with the last group of players he will call his Arsenal teammates - how long this continues for depends on how they do.

On another note, Arseblog this morning linked to Bendtner's pretty well-taken goal last night - http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3358319/

Would swapping him and RVP around in the front three make any sense? Would it be a bit pointless as when Walcott's back RVP will be up top anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gosplan wrote: »
    On another note, Arseblog this morning linked to Bendtner's pretty well-taken goal last night - http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3358319/

That's why I want to see him play more in that central role. We all now he's capable of that type of thing, he just needs a bit more experience in front of goal to gain consistency.

You'd put Kyle Bartley in ahead of Senderos?

Sorry no I kinda forgot him. I would include him as being before Song and after Djourou

That Bendtner goal was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RedivideR

That's why I want to see him play more in that central role. We all now he's capable of that type of thing, he just needs a bit more experience in front of goal to gain consistency.

+1

When Bendy boots plays in the wider attacking positions he always just seems out of his depth to me. While I don't think we can question his work ethic, he just doesn't, imo, have the pace, control, or vision for the wider positions. It would be great to get him a bit more experience playing up top, getting on the end of things as shown with his very well taken goal last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Freddie Ljungberg linked back to Arsenal :confused:.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Freddie Ljungberg linked back to Arsenal :confused:.

Source.

And bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

FearDark wrote: »
    Source.

And bull****.

Haven't got a link.

Arsenal have refused to comment on speculation connecting Freddie Ljungberg with a return to the club.

Reports have suggested that the Swedish midfielder could join the Gunners on loan from Seattle Sounders in the winter transfer window.

Ljungberg will be looking to maintain his fitness during the Major League Soccer off-season and is thought to be keen to push through a deal.

Arsene Wenger may be willing to let the 32-year-old train with the rest of his squad and is expected to hold talks with his former player.

An Arsenal spokesman told Fotbollskanalen: "We don't comment on speculation.

"When and if a deal will happen is something we would confirm when it happens.

Ljungberg's agent Claes Elefalk says his client has travelled to England, adding: "All I can say is that Fredrik is in London."

Ljungberg spent nine years with Arsenal before leaving for West Ham in 2007 and then later heading to America

Don't need him back imo.

I agree. We dont need a 32/33 year old Freddie Ljungberg anyway... Maybe it'll just be a Beckham thing, just training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Would love to see Freddie back at Arsenal, have a feeling it may be just to train with the first team squad just like Beckham did a couple of years ago, I know it was well reported that Freddie really loved London so I'm sure he would jump at the opportunity to return for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

fabregas will never leave and when is the last time liverpool won something

Lol, he'll be gone within the next 2-3 years.

Diaby, our Attacking midfielder, can play CB?

Being tall doesn't make you a good CB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Frisbee wrote: »

Diaby, our Attacking midfielder, can play CB?

Being tall doesn't make you a good CB...

agreed. god knows how we'd fare with him in our own box on numerous occasions during matches.

ljumberg (sp), vieira, even henry i wouldn't be keen on having back. they are all legends at arsenal and could merely tarnish their contribution. on another level, bringing in the oldies into this team would defeat the entire Wenger plan of building a new team.
    This team can win something this year im sure of it. though it will be interesting to see how we fare during january with the ACN minus song...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ljunberg? No disrespect to the guy but HA!
    Seriously, he definately wouldn't get anywhere near the Arsena first team considering the attacking midfield options we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Ljungberg my ass!!!
    First Vieira, now Ljungberg!!!

What next, Bergkamp?

I'd actually welcome that.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Ljungberg my ass!!!
    First Vieira, now Ljungberg!!!

What next, Bergkamp?

I'd actually welcome that.:D

haha deffo, imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tony Adams isn't doing much these days, I'd stick him in ahead of Senderos and Silvestre any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

where does all this hate come from for Senderos? He may not be world class, but he's shown in the past with a good run of games behind him he's capable of putting in some very good performances.

We're very lucky, considering Djourou's injury, that he didn't leave in the transfer window.

where does all this hate come from for Senderos? He may not be world class, but he's shown in the past with a good run of games behind him he's capable of putting in some very good performances.

We're very lucky, considering Djourou's injury, that he didn't leave in the transfer window.

I wasn't aware of any hate towards senderos, I've always liked him, he did well in our run into the champions league final, he was, and still young and made a couple of bad errors. But i think any young CB is going to make mistakes, He's good in the air, is over 6 foot, he can come good for us, hopefully he will get a chance this season

• Advertisement

Senderos isnt as bad as people make him out to be. With Djourou out for 6 months I'd rather see Senderos in CB than Silvestre. You have to take Senderos' age into account. He's still quite young for his position and has all the physical attributes to succeed there. Maybe with a bit more experience he could become very good.

Speaking of big awkward looking fellows, anyone wanna buy some lovely pink shoes?
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/your-chance-to-bid-on-bendtner-s-pink-boots

I'm more then happy with Senderos as cover.
    Especially as it means Silvestere is pushed further down the pecking order.

Senderos is more than capable and can easily slot in in some smaller games when Gallas/Vermaelen needs a rest or are injured

But will Wenger's stubbornness over Silvestre mean he'll pick him over Senderos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Why all this hate for Silvestre? There are not too many who've played over 200 matches for Man U, not to mention 40 for France that have been bad players.

He can do a job when required. I reckon he's actually less prone to mistakes than Senderos :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

greendom wrote: »
    He can do a job when required. I reckon he's actually less prone to mistakes than Senderos :eek:

sorry, but i'd have to say no no no.

silvestre is probably more talented, but he's more error prone.

you know what you're getting with senderos.

• Advertisement

Why all this hate for Silvestre? There are not too many who've played over 200 matches for Man U, not to mention 40 for France that have been bad players.

He used to be decent.

Now he's a one man wrecking ball

Did you see any of the games Silvestre played for us last year? His positioning was terrible, he has no pace, the games i seen him in, especially the ones towards the end of the season left me far from convinced. He is not a player I enjoy having, even as cover...

Also he has a face like a fish! (which in no way effects his football skills, or lack of ;))

That was the past. This is now.
    In his prime Tony Adams was much better than Silvestre was in his prime. Still, that is no reason to recall Tony Adams to the squad. As far as I'm concerned Silvestre is past it and can no longer cut it at the highest level, which is what we need..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ok I'll be honest I didn't see much of him last year and perhaps he has deteriorated to the level where he's a liability.

Anyone know how he's getting on in the reserves this year? If he's still fouling up badly, surely Wenger wont' play him/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ok I'll be honest I didn't see much of him last year and perhaps he has deteriorated to the level where he's a liability.

Anyone know how he's getting on in the reserves this year? If he's still fouling up badly, surely Wenger wont' play him/

I don't mind using him as cover for left back, but that's about it. At the moment we have Gallas, Vermaelen, Senderos & Silvestre fit who can all play at centre back. I'd pick Senderos ahead of Silvestre because he was awful any time he played last year!

jasonorr wrote: »
    I don't mind using him as cover for left back, but that's about it.

I'd rather have Gibbs or Traore as cover at left back.

Vermaelen can play left back too. Not that I'd want to take him away from the centre when he's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Is the match against City at the weekend on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Wreck wrote: »
    Is the match against City at the weekend on TV?

I was wondering that myself and from arsenal.com it's only on ATVO
    So stream will have to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself and from arsenal.com it's only on ATVO
    So stream will have to do

I was worried that this was the case, NTL better get my internet fixed before the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

See Rosicky started for the Czechs??? Came off after 56mins, I wonder if he's still fit?

jasonorr wrote: »
    See Rosicky started for the Czechs??? Came off after 56mins, I wonder if he's still fit?

I dont believe it. If he's injured again I'll.....not be surprised.

Edit: I see Bendtner has just scored again for Denmark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That substitution was an illusion, Rosicky was never playing in the first place. He'll never be seen again, mark my words :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Eduardo on the score sheet for Croatia. Consolation goal though as England book their place at next years World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I was dissappointed but I suppose not surprised that Eduardo was booed last night during the England game. This I think may start happening at every away match for the foreseeable future so I hope it does not begin to affect him. He is a great player and I would hate to see him forced out of England because of a witch hunt. The commentator on ITV said that he didn't get a penalty when Glenn Johnson pole vaulted him because he had dived 2 weeks earlier and then just called Wayne Rooneys dive at the weekend a 'dubious penalty' this kind of double standards is what will turn the public against him because lets face it if every player that had dived before was booed we would hear nothing else during a match.
    I don't condone what he did but he is being treated totally unfairly and it is really beginning to annoy me. I hope this incident can be forgotten by the media soon and let him get on with what he does best scoring goals.
    Eduardo da Silva Arsenals Number 9

He's still got it

Having a bugger of a time on arsenal.com trying to buy tickets.
    Where the hell do I find my membership number?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Having a bugger of a time on arsenal.com trying to buy tickets.
    Where the hell do I find my membership number?

Right got that down.
    Now I have my tickets selected and when I click 'ad to basket' nothing happens and it just brings me back to the same page.
    Nothing simple :rolleyes:

edit: got it. gory details later

edit edit: now it wont accept my credit card. 'Please enter valid expiry date' I did! :mad:

edit edit edit: tried another credit card... success! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Frisbee wrote: »
    He's still got it

Genius. I hope to see him back at Arsenal in a coaching role some time in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Rosicky scored last night too.

I hope this means he will be making a comeback sometime soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement