Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It does all seem to be coming from the same sources of hearsay, but it hasn't been discredited by anyone at Arsenal yet so...

If he does go, we better get a good deal for once. If he was sold for 30-35 million sterling like SSN are saying, then I'd be tempted to call for a change in management tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Archimedes wrote: »
    Would Arsenal take Henry as part of the deal if offered?

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

an article he wrote for AS

Thats all you need to know there.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Would Arsenal take Henry as part of the deal if offered?

:pac: We could get him on a free anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If he was sold for 30-35 million sterling like SSN are saying,

Has to be £50M+ imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It does all seem to be coming from the same sources of hearsay, but it hasn't been discredited by anyone at Arsenal yet so...

If he does go, we better get a good deal for once. If he was sold for 30-35 million sterling like SSN are saying, then I'd be tempted to call for a change in management tbh.

Yes I think it would push the majority of fans into that way of thinking. Cause we know he wouldn't even spend all that money anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    If it's coming from Balague and in relation to Fabregas you can be sure that it's true.

Excuse me?!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

If Wenger did let him go for anything less than £50m at a minimum then he can piss off. The £30m being quoted is an insult.

Paleface wrote: »
    Excuse me?!

I beg your pardon?

I was about to say the same, if i had a euro for everytime he said vieira, henry or fabs were off to real\barca, i'd have at least 11 euros.

• Advertisement

I beg your pardon?

Balague is a Sky Sports hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bollocks...this is just so typical, Wenger indicates that we need to spend and bring players in and everyone gets excited only to realise a few weeks later that we'll actually be making a profit in the transfer market...again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fúck it, time to start paying over the odds for decent British players. Fed up of seeing the club's best players fúck off and play for Barca.

Balague is a Sky Sports hack.

And the EPL is the Sky Sports cash cow. Sky hate losing players to La Liga.

I was about to say the same, if i had a euro for everytime he said vieira, henry or fabs were off to real\barca, i'd have at least .

Where are they these days? We hear big noise about them leaving and they leave shortly after. Even if he stays this season, Fabregas won't be at Arsenal much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

And the EPL is the Sky Sports cash cow. Sky hate losing players to La Liga.

All Sky care about is making money in general. If they put a story like this on their website it will generate money for them at a time when there is no EPL.

Nobody panic!

goal.com are reporting it now, so we can write it off as bollox

All Sky care about is making money in general. If they put a story like this on their website it will generate money for them at a time when there is no EPL.

We know Barcelona have a huge interest in Fabregas and we know it's his dream to play for Barcelona. It's hardly outrageous is it?

Can't see Arsenal selling him before the World Cup though as a good World Cup and his value could go through the roof. A mediocre World Cup and it will stay as it is.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Nobody panic!

goal.com are reporting it now, so we can write it off as bollox

Where as Guardian rehashing old quotes...

Can't see Arsenal selling him before the World Cup though as a good World Cup and his value could go through the roof. A mediocre World Cup and it will stay as it is.

That logic doesn't apply to players like Fabregas. He's already as valuable as he's going to get.

That logic doesn't apply to players like Fabregas. He's already as valuable as he's going to get.

Then why is everyone crying about the figures touted?

I don't agree. If Xavi's injury problems don't go away then there's every chance that Cesc will be the heartbeat of the Spanish team. They win the WC and he'll be elevated into the very top bracket of players.

Then why is everyone crying about the figures touted?

Because Barca are the only club in for him, they're the only club he wants to go to. Thus Barca had an advantage and can pay under the odds for him.

L'prof wrote: »
    Where are they these days? We hear big noise about them leaving and they leave shortly after. Even if he stays this season, Fabregas won't be at Arsenal much longer.

Um would'nt say shortly after. Vieira was leaving for 5 years every summer before he eventually went, balague was going on about real for 2 of those years, henry was leaving us for pretty much the same, real acording to balague for 2 years, barca the last 2, there was one balague story where henry was definately gone he was seen house hunting in madrid, he was actually shooting a comercial. Cesc's being going back to barca since his first full season. Throw enough darts and eventually one will stick. Fabs will go sooner or later, we all knew that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

This is the day :(.

We know Barcelona have a huge interest in Fabregas and we know it's his dream to play for Barcelona. It's hardly outrageous is it?

No its not outrageous. But as of this minute the story is also not true.

This thread is turning into a pile of sh*te over nothing more than rumours.

I thought the people on here were more intelligent than to fall for it all so easily.

Now I may well be proved wrong in the coming days but at the moment I'm right as nothing official has been announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

No its not outrageous. But as of this minute the story is also not true.

This thread is turning into a pile of sh*te over nothing more than rumours.

I thought the people on here were more intelligent than to fall for it all so easily.

Now I may well be proved wrong in the coming days but at the moment I'm right as nothing official has been announced.

I agree in that there's nothing new or any more solid about the rumours themselves today than over the last few weeks. It's just that the story is being carried by more reputable sources like the BBC and the Guardian that people are getting worried I think.

playa3 wrote: »
    I agree in that there's nothing new or any more solid about the rumours today than the last few weeks. It's just that the story is being carried by more reputable sources like the BBC and the Guardian that people are getting worried I think.

this_guy_card-p137245109571771197q0yk_400.jpg

It's a Gossip and Rumours thread. Some Arsenal fans are touchy touchy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

if he does want to leave what is the point in keeping him one more season?as soon as he has a bad game everyone will jump on him and blame him etc.

also if he does leave it would be a huge mistake to try replace him.we must use the money to strengthen other areas and maybe resort back to a 442.

Ush1 wrote: »
    It's a Gossip and Rumours thread. Some Arsenal fans are touchy touchy!

The end is nigh, go touchy yourself!

also if he does leave it would be a huge mistake to try replace him.we must use the money to strengthen other areas and maybe resort back to a 442.

I've always thought this. Wenger switched the old formation to a 4-3-3 to get the best out of Fabregas. Maybe it's just because I remember it as a winning formation, but would prefer a switch back to 4-4-2 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be fair he has been at Arsenal for 7 years and won one FA Cup, he was always going to move at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

if he does want to leave what is the point in keeping him one more season?as soon as he has a bad game everyone will jump on him and blame him etc.

D'you know how United won the EPL last year?

Well, that's why.

mike65 wrote: »
    To be fair he has been at Arsenal for 7 years and won one FA Cup, he was always going to move at some point.

Obviously, I just always thought it would be next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

£35 Million? I thought he would be at leat £40-50M. Then again, there is only one club in for him and he probably wants to go back home.

In fairness tho, can you blame him? A player of his calibre only having one major trophy (FA Cup) with Arsenal in 6 years of starting in the first team must piss him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Absolute disaster for Arsenal if it happens, no money can replace him.

keane2097 wrote: »
    D'you know how United won the EPL last year?

Well, that's why.

ye and look what happend when we kept henry and ade for 1 season,they were piss poor,if he wants to go let him.

im gonna get crucified for this but i dont think it will be as big a loss as people think,he hasnt been great up until last season and has gone missing against the big boys more often or not,but it will be a sad day if he does no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think he'll be next to impossible to replace.

Even with 50 million you're not going to improve the team to a level above what it is with Cesc in it, because Real and City will make anybody even half decent 15m+

• Advertisement

ye and look what happend when we kept henry and ade for 1 season,they were piss poor,if he wants to go let him.

im gonna get crucified for this but i dont think it will be as big a loss as people think,he hasnt been great up until last season and has gone missing against the big boys more often or not,but it will be a sad day if he does no doubt.

I'll agree he doesn't do it regularly in the big games.

But he will be a fúcking huge loss to us. We look impotent without him, he's the final part of the machine that makes our team tick, almost any display without hmim this year has been spineless and for the most part, forgettable.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'll agree he doesn't do it regularly in the big games.

But he will be a fúcking huge loss to us. We look impotent without him, he's the final part of the machine that makes our team tick, almost any display without hmim this year has been spineless and for the most part, forgettable.

absolutely agree,i just think we could adjust our formation and bring in reinforcements and it could work in our favour,i think the 433 was adopted to suit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

mike65 wrote: »

Not entirely sure I agree with that, Mike. Henry et al won a ton of trophies, and moved on anyway. I don't see a precise correlation between lack of trophies, and departures from a club.
    JPA wrote:
    Absolute disaster for Arsenal if it happens, no money can replace him.

Don't think I entirely agree with this either. Fabregas is a great player, but his departure would be the perfect opportunity for Ramsey/Merida/Diaby to step up to the plate, albeit not necessarily in the same role. As an example, I'd cite Fabregas and Gilberto running rings around the Juventus midfield (featuring Vieira) in 2006.

mr_angry wrote: »
    Don't think I entirely agree with this either. Fabregas is a great player, but his departure would be the perfect opportunity for Ramsey/Merida/Diaby to step up to the plate, albeit not necessarily in the same role. As an example, I'd cite Fabregas and Gilberto running rings around the Juventus midfield (featuring Vieira) in 2006.

I'd be less worried were it not for Ramsey's injury earlier this year. Imo Ramsey was going to be starting games alongside Cesc more often next season, which would have been great. And if Cesc did leave we had Ramsey to step up to the plate. Not anymore.

Merida is off to Atletico imo.

Diaby far too inconsistent.

Bad news folks, from twitter:

johncrossmirror

Sorry, but he's going and it may get messy. Shame to end like this for #Arsenal. The story is well sourced, believe me

Bad news folks, from twitter:

johncrossmirror

Sorry, but he's going and it may get messy. Shame to end like this for #Arsenal. The story is well sourced, believe me

Damn, he's usually bang on...

:(

did anyone hear that wenger isnt even in london?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

did anyone hear that wenger isnt even in london?

I thought of this earlier, perhaps it's why the club has been quick to dispell anything.

i would love nothing more than cesc to come out and say it's bollox. Then again i would much much much MUCH rather he come out and tell us he was going to leave. Because he IS better than the rest of them and i hope i have not idolised someone who wouldn't have the decency to tell us.

This isn't turning into an anti cesc thing. But he is my idol , best day of my life was 31st october 2009. I would be hurt if he done it the sly way as im still not convinced. During the season his contant commitment to the club. Kissing the crest , even last week saying he is happy at arsenal. What changed in a week cesc

Hopefully nothing.

CESC

For from John Cross:

Still in Munich on way to England training base in Graz. But am sad that Cesc seems destined to leave #Arsenal and the Prem League

#Arsenal's lack of transfer ambition, end of season collapse and the fact that Barca want him will have swayed Cesc IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Seen that stuff from john alright. The upsetting thing is he usually is bang on.

Time to go watch cesc montages :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement