Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The real scary thought is he probably said f*** that i'm out of here after seeing the transfer targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

The real scary thought is he probably said f*** that i'm out of here after seeing the transfer targets.

Thats what theyre saying happened, earlier on SSN. Wenger showed him a list of players he wanted to buy and Fabregas was less than pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thats what theyre saying happened, earlier on SSN. Wenger showed him a list of players he wanted to buy and Fabregas was less than pleased.

:pac:

Can just picture it.

"Hello Cesc, have you heard of a certain Paul McShane?? Oh yes my boy!
    How 'bout a little Kevin Davies action up front?? I know I know, you aren't going anywhere now."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He surely would have been impressed with this one. And ok it was turned down but it certainly shows Wenger's intent (if true).

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=138800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

greendom wrote: »
    He surely would have been impressed with this one. And ok it was turned down but it certainly shows Wenger's intent (if true).

http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=138800

I think renia is one of the best if not THE best in the PL. Small like shay and alot better. His distribution is top class and i say this after i think against us he played a wopper kick out and it dropped on the wing for them. Stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol Reina :D yea, ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mr Alan wrote: »

Well there could well be an:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fabregas wants to leave??? let him off, wouldnt lose too much sleep over it.

Id happily take the cash and spend a small portion of it on getting Mikel Arteta from Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mr Alan wrote: »

Ah g'wan. We'll throw in Fabianski for free. ;)

Afobe and Aneke off to the Eur U17 Championships:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/afobe-aneke-set-for-u-17-championships

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Arsenal should get Ibrahimovic in the deal, he would be well suited to the EPL. 6 foot 4 and a half, more than 14 and a half stone, clinical finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

CorkMan wrote: »
    Arsenal should get Ibrahimovic in the deal, he would be well suited to the EPL. 6 foot 4 and a half, more than 14 and a half stone, clinical finisher.

I'd say most Arsenal fans would be happier with Toure and a decent chunk of cash.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal wouldn't be able to get close to Ibrahimovic's wages... and I suspect Ush is right.

johncrossmirror

#Arsenal will not give up on Fabregas without fight, reminding him he's on long contract, skipper,there's been no offer and don't wanna sell
    Hopefully this means we'll demand a big fee, as opposed to 'fight' to convince him to stay, then bend over and sell him for whatever Barca feel like donating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can't argue with the 2 goals he scored at the Emirates. He does seem to miss an awful lot though. He'd probably fit in very well with Bendtner then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Cried when we sold Rocky,still upset that Thierry is not in an Arsenal shirt anymore, to be honest don't care if Cesc goes just as long as we get a good deal out of it, apart from Sol and RVP to an extent, I can't warm to most of the current crop of players compared to previous teams, as long as we still have Arsene we will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

If this is 50% likely or more, then imo we have to buy a player or two pronto.

(1) We buy before the World Cup, and before people see us coming with a big pile of cash from any Fabregas deal.
    (2) Some serious deals could just keep Cesc for one more year, which I'd be happy-ish with as it lets us see how Ramsey recovers and Wilshere develops. Barring injury, we'd still get 35m for him next summer (if that's the proposed figure). And we seem to have the money to cover us if we happen to spend 30m and not bring much in.

I want the club to drive the hardest bargain obviously, but not at the expense of the time and energy of getting a proper recruitment drive going on. If it comes to losing Cesc, we need to get straight into damage limitation mode (keeping RVP, etc.).

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    , we'd still get 35m for him next summer (if that's the proposed figure). And we seem to have the money to cover us if we happen to spend 30m and not bring much in.

As long as it is not in Euros, pound sterling only imo and more than 35 imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Not a massive difference these days (£1 = €1.15 today) but yeah, I was talking in GBP :)

Incidentally, not sure how much of this back-and-forth rumour stuff I can take so (in this spirit) I might just dig a big hole or hide in a cave somewhere and wait it out.

If so, see ye on the other side. The boards.ie Arsenal thread Arsenal will continue.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Not a massive difference these days (£1 = €1.15 today) but yeah, I was talking in GBP :)

Not for long imo ;)

Still in whatever currency its still a crap offer imo, they would want to be throwing in a few players also, I think they actually believe they can get him for that amount

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Cried when we sold Rocky,still upset that Thierry is not in an Arsenal shirt anymore, to be honest don't care if Cesc goes just as long as we get a good deal out of it, apart from Sol and RVP to an extent, I can't warm to most of the current crop of players compared to previous teams, as long as we still have Arsene we will be fine.

Really!? Well I have man-love for Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, Rosicky, Sol, Van Persie.. I could go on. Barring the player being an absolute cnut ala Cashley and Ade I tend to warm to the player as long as he puts effort in and wears the Arsenal jersey with pride. This season hasn't been great, and there's been brutal performances but when we lose I look at the player's reaction and it hurts even more. It probably isn't right because it's their fault we lost.. Ah I dunno, I'm a bit of an oddball.

• Advertisement

Sútalún wrote: »
    Really!? Well I have man-love for Cesc, Nasri, Ramsey, Rosicky, Sol, Van Persie.. I could go on. Barring the player being an absolute cnut ala Cashley and Ade I tend to warm to the player as long as he puts effort in and wears the Arsenal jersey with pride. This season hasn't been great, and there's been brutal performances but when we lose I look at the player's reaction and it hurts even more. It probably isn't right because it's their fault we lost.. Ah I dunno, I'm a bit of an oddball.

Have been a supporter now for 21 years, and really can't warm to this lot, and nothing to do with some of the performances, well actually it kind of does, apart from Sol who gives 110%, the rest :( and don't get me started on Arshavin :( re Cole, I'm actually more sad about that situation then anything else, he was Gooner growing up and alaways gave 110%, him and Pires on the left :)

50 million + Touré. Thats what it would take to make me happy.
    We should also sign Arteta and a top quality goalkeeper (Buffon or Harte would fit the bill) and a couple of defenders.

Galvasean wrote: »
    50 million + Touré. Thats what it would take to make me happy.
    We should also sign Arteta and a top quality goalkeeper (Buffon or Harte would fit the bill) and a couple of defenders.
    Jaysus, I know the fella has a nice left foot and all, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have been a supporter now for 21 years, and really can't warm to this lot, and nothing to do with some of the performances, well actually it kind of does, apart from Sol who gives 110%, the rest :( and don't get me started on Arshavin :( re Cole, I'm actually more sad about that situation then anything else, he was Gooner growing up and alaways gave 110%, him and Pires on the left :)

Yeah I know I get where you're coming from, hard to gauge when I became a fan, biggest memory is 97-98 when I would have been 10. Thinking back I reckon the attachment to players is more to do with winning things collectively!? Still have a poster of the 01-02 double winning team on my wall. Like you sad Pires, Freddie, Viera, Tity etc.. Ah comparing them to the current lot I can see your point. I guess I just become easily attached to Arsenal players. :o

Sútalún wrote: »
    Yeah I know I get where you're coming from, hard to gauge when I became a fan, biggest memory is 97-98 when I would have been 10. Thinking back I reckon the attachment to players is more to do with winning things collectively!? Still have a poster of the 01-02 double winning team on my wall. Like you sad Pires, Freddie, Viera, Tity etc.. Ah comparing them to the current lot I can see your point. I guess I just become easily attached to Arsenal players. :o

So do I and I used to love the likes of David Hillier etc... as bad as they were, they always gave 100%, maybe I am being a bit harsh, Campbell Eboue and RVP, I woud exclude, but the likes of Arshavin :(

What wasn't to liek about the classic Arsenal team of the late 80s - early 90s, bunch of alcoholics with drug problems who looked like builders. Men were men in dem days!

OH YEAH, AND THEY WON TROPHIES!!!
    Arsenals-Lee-Dixon-Steve--002.jpg

I think what was so instantly likeable about them was how normal they looked. They could easily have been yer mates da.

Wouldn't mind giving Arshavin a bash as the second striker. Have two big lumps like Song and Yaya sit in the middle and play on the counter more often. We'd need to sign a winger then though, but we'd have the cash for it...

Galvasean wrote: »
    What wasn't to liek about the classic Arsenal team of the late 80s - early 90s, bunch of alcoholics with drug problems who looked like builders. Men were men in dem days!

OH YEAH, AND THEY WON TROPHIES!!!
    Arsenals-Lee-Dixon-Steve--002.jpg

I think what was so instantly likeable about them was how normal they looked. They could easily have been yer mates da.

I'm filling up here :(

The look on their faces lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wouldn't mind giving Arshavin a bash as the second striker. Have two big lumps like Song and Yaya sit in the middle and play on the counter more often. We'd need to sign a winger then though, but we'd have the cash for it...

Yup, it won't be spent though.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup, it won't be spent though.

We're doomed to make a profit yet again!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Anyone think that a straight 30 million deal is an insult? After the money Barca paid for Ibra and what a total waster he turned out to be and I'll bet they can still get at least 20 million for him in the morning if they wanted. Barca have the cash, 40million+ thank you very much Barca.

We left Thierry go for peanuts too when he left. Why do we never get what our players are actually worth? They either leave on free's or we get **** all for em. :mad:

Yeah I'd like for once to see us sell one of our players for obscene amounts of cash. Surely if Ronaldo can get you 70 (look, I didnt say 'worth', I dont wanna start up that debate again:P), Kaka 60, then Fabregas should get you about 50.

From what I am reading on here and other forums us Arsenal fans in general really aint too upset at the thought of Cesc leaving, strange considering he's our captain and one of our two truly world class players at the club. A man who our manager has built the team around.

I know myself in previous years I would have been freaking out if our best players wanted to leave but now?????? Im really not bothered, I know the club will continue to grow and prove the doubters wrong.

Or is it that I have gotten used to players leaving??? Possibly,

There was a point which I agree with fully that was posted a few posts back about the current crop of players, that its just so hard to warm to them. I find I dont have anywhere near the loyalty to them as I have with previous Arsenal teams.

Do I love the club? Ya without a doubt, always have and always will but the players...... there's times i wonder. Dont get me wrong though RVP, Sol, TV and Song I love to watch and support but as for the rest of em...... Im really not too sure

I think with Cesc it's always been a case of when, not if and considering the fact that we've continually failed to win any silverware or spend any money I think we all realise that it's fair enough if he left this summer!

L'prof wrote: »
    I think with Cesc it's always been a case of when, not if and considering the fact that we've continually failed to win any silverware or spend any money I think we all realise that it's fair enough if he left this summer!

Just one more year, I had conditioned myself to be ok with it next year, I just can't handle it this year considering how unbelievably shíte our midfield is without him.

From what I am reading on here and other forums us Arsenal fans in general really aint too upset at the thought of Cesc leaving, strange considering he's our captain and one of our two truly world class players at the club. A man who our manager has built the team around.

I agree with you, I'm not too pushed about him leaving and I dont know why, I mean when Thierry left I was distraught for weeks, It was really bad, I cried even! When Vieira left I felt sad too. But I'm not feeling the same for Cesc and I think the reason is that we always knew that he would leave for Barcelona. Its not exactly earth shattering news like it was when Thierry left, that shirt presentation, the press conference afterwards nearly killed me!

Just one more year, I had conditioned myself to be ok with it next year, I just can't handle it this year considering how unbelievably shíte our midfield is without him.

Another year without tropies aint so bad ;)

How sure are we that he's actually going yet? Are we 99% sure or is it 50%?

FearDark wrote: »

It's all up in the air at the moment, I reckon he's gone though.

I reckon we'll know by tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement

I think Im just getting accustomed to disappointment when it comes to Arsenal. BAD way to be :(

Betfair say 79%.

I agree with you, I'm not too pushed about him leaving and I dont know why, I mean when Thierry left I was distraught for weeks, It was really bad, I cried even! When Vieira left I felt sad too. But I'm not feeling the same for Cesc and I think the reason is that we always knew that he would leave for Barcelona. Its not exactly earth shattering news like it was when Thierry left, that shirt presentation, the press conference afterwards nearly killed me!

Tough times indeed, but they didnt hold the Arsenal back and cesc leaving wont either. There's was times this season when he just didnt look bothered. He lost the ball and didnt track back (which happened more often as the season progressed if memory serves). And then there was him frowning like a kid when things didnt work out for him.

But then I think of the way he celebrated when Hleb played him through to score against liverpool a few years back (one of my favourite arsenal goals) and I think to myself..."ya he is Mr. Arsenal"

Mixed emotions here tbh

Tough times indeed, but they didnt hold the Arsenal back and cesc leaving wont either. There's was times this season when he just didnt look bothered. He lost the ball and didnt track back (which happened more often as the season progressed if memory serves). And then there was him frowning like a kid when things didnt work out for him.

But then I think of the way he celebrated when Hleb played him through to score against liverpool a few years back (one of my favourite arsenal goals) and I think to myself..."ya he is Mr. Arsenal"

Mixed emotions here tbh

The guy took a peno with a broken leg for us to draw level with the reigning European Champions after being two goals down.

Whatever may happen, I could never question his commitment to the club.

The guy took a peno with a broken leg for us to draw level with the reigning European Champions after being two goals down.

Whatever may happen, I could never question his commitment to the club.

I thought he broke his leg after he smashed the ball into the back of the net....could be wrong though.

Im saying there were signs in his performances over the season that something wasnt right

I thought he broke his leg after he smashed the ball into the back of the net....could be wrong though.

Im saying there were signs in his performances over the season that something wasnt right

I doubt it, I'd say with the adrenalin rush he just didn't realise until after he took the pen!

• Advertisement

Regardless of whether he stays or goes he has been a fantastic player for us. If he decides to leave for the sake of his career I do not begrudge him in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone think that a straight 30 million deal is an insult? After the money Barca paid for Ibra and what a total waster he turned out to be and I'll bet they can still get at least 20 million for him in the morning if they wanted. Barca have the cash, 40million+ thank you very much Barca.

We left Thierry go for peanuts too when he left. Why do we never get what our players are actually worth? They either leave on free's or we get **** all for em. :mad:

Yeah, i'm a United fan and if Ronaldo can go for £80m then Fabregas should command a figure close to that IMO. Absolutely fantastic player.

Have to laugh at Sky Sports saying that Barca don't want to pay any more than £30. for him because "he was once their player." That's a pretty ridiculous arguement. Sentiment has no place in the Business World. If they did a better job of holding on to him at 16, they wouldn't be in this position. I genuinely hope that Arsenal hold out for a good bit more than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

... and the work ethic of a sloth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If these rumours turn out to be true than it MUST be at least 50 million pounds. If Yaya is thrown in make it 40. No Less.

Spend half that on new players and lets not forget that there is supposed to be 30 million available this year on players.

On a side note does anyone find it ironic that both Cesc (if he leaves) and patrick vieira's last kick of a ball in an Arsenal shirt was a penalty?

Maybe we should make Almunia take them in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

How does everyone feel this morning ? unshaven messy and you're loved ones can't understand you ?:D

The bad thing is, i know exactly where i was and what i was doing then what i done after i found out henry was gone to barca.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement