Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

cson wrote: »
    Our most expensive recent purchase was José Reyes whose fee was estimated to rise to £18m depending on how well we did iirc. He likely cost us about £12m in total.

Plus we ended up selling him for close to 11million.
    FearDark wrote: »
    Right just ordered one of these lads, its a top quality arsenal nike hoody and only 19 bucks. Just posting this as I thought it was serious value.

Its got A R S E N A L written across the back too, its pretty cool.

http://www.elverys.ie/Product/Nike%20Arsenal%20FC%2009%20Hoody%20Red/207169/0000000075

Oh they accept normal bank/laser cards too, sweet.

I have that in both red and navy (doesn't say ARSENAL or anything on the back though.) Quality hoodies. Very comfy. Just dont let the girlfriend near it mind, you wont get it back. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Free video of Aaron Ramsey thanking the fans for their get well wishes.

The music is cringeworthy to say the least!! :D

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/free-video-ramsey-message

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Give me one reason Sniejder would even consider moving to Arsenal!:cool:
    Come on just one!!:rolleyes:

ok ill give you 3...for a start...

1.To prove himself in the premiership... He has won everything in italy.
    2.Money... arsenal can offer him 2/3 of fabergas wages 70-80K..not sure inter can pay him that
    3. to improve himself... arsenal offer total football and one of the best coaches in world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

cremeegg wrote: »

2.Money... arsenal can offer him 2/3 of fabergas wages 70-80K..not sure inter can pay him that
    3. to improve himself... arsenal offer total football and one of the best coaches in world

Expect Sneijder to go where ever Mourinho goes this summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

cremeegg wrote: »

Ok ill counter those 3:
    1.Ever hear of Manchester United:D
    2.Arsenal cant compete with Man Utd ,Chelsea when it comes to wages
    3.Arsenal offer no-productive football and a coach surely on the way out

By the way I dont think he will come to United or any English club as I feel he will be an Inter player for the forseable future!:cool:
    These are just my opinion and others Im not here to wind people up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

3.Arsenal offer no-productive football

I have no idea what this means. Can you please elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Ok ill counter those 3:

2.Arsenal cant compete with Man Utd ,Chelsea when it comes to wages

We can't compete with Chelsea or City, Man Utd we certainly can. I don't know if United can afford the wages they currently pay much longer, see this breaking news today - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article7130227.ece

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Don't feed the troll fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Agreed.

I welcome reasoned debate from fans of other clubs in here and at the same stretch I won't enterin mindless drivel designed to provoke a reaction.

I have no idea what this means. Can you please elaborate?
    Sorry I meant non-productive as in ye play well but dont get the results!

• Advertisement

Agreed.

I welcome reasoned debate from fans of other clubs in here and at the same stretch I won't enterin mindless drivel designed to provoke a reaction.
    Look Im not a troll and not here to wind people up.I was curious about the Fabregas situation and decided to see what info I could get here!I then saw some posts which I decided to reply to and I get all the Arsenal faithful on my back.Sorry but the truth hurts.:cool:

Look Im not a troll and not here to wind people up.I was curious about the Fabregas situation and decided to see what info I could get here!I then saw some posts which I decided to reply to and I get all the Arsenal faithful on my back.Sorry but the truth hurts.:cool:

What exactly is that?

Actually don't even bother. Don't waste your time in here until you feel yourself able to participate without the need to pepper your posts with inflammatory snipes here and there.

What exactly is that?

Actually don't even bother. Don't waste your time in here until you feel yourself able to participate without the need to pepper your posts with inflammatory snipes here and there.
    Im entitled to my opinion.It is what the forum is about right?Show me a quote where I made an "inflammatory snipe".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Im entitled to my opinion.It is what the forum is about right?

Yes of course but you should be able to present this opinion without the jibes and without trying to draw a response....Sorry but the truth hurts.:cool::cool::cool:

playa3 wrote: »
    Yes of course but you should be able to present this opinion without the jibes and without trying to draw a response....Sorry but the truth hurts.:cool::cool::cool:
    There not jibes!There merely facts!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

:pac::D:rolleyes::cool::rolleyes:
    ;):)
    :cool::rolleyes:
    ;):cool:
    :)
    :D:cool:
    :cool:

STOP!!!

L'prof wrote: »
    STOP!!!

:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac:

STOP!!!
    OK ill ease off with the smilies!

:D

I came so close to thaking that post...

then I scrolled down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

So is it 1st of June or 1st of July when the transfer window opens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Im entitled to my opinion.It is what the forum is about right?Show me a quote where I made an "inflammatory snipe".

You know you don't have to actually have said inflammatory snipe yeah :D;):D:p:rolleyes::o:rolleyes:;)

I must say you're quite the wind up merchant you're first post was the one i liked the best.
    And your working very hard I see.:pac:And before you fire one back at me Im off today.:D
    Im a Man United fan and not up for digging up statistics but personally I think without Fabregas ye have always been an inferior team than with him simple as!If he goes this summer he will obviously be a big loss to the team.
    This means that ye may always stay in the green but unfortunately it wont fill your trophy cabinet.(1 F.A. cup in 5 seasons of football:cool:)
    Then we will see Wenger sign up some unknown south american and build him up to be the next big star.:rolleyes:Heres my advice;sack Wenger,stop selling off your best players and sign homegrown talent!

Personally i think you're wrong without cesc we meerly don't create enough clinical chances. Without cesc for the peroids of this season we didnt have two / three of our next creative players actually playing / performing. Arshavin, Robin, Rosicky. We went on a massive unbeaten run last season when cesc was out for 4+1/2 months if i recall correctly ? I love you're view on other subjects, they are the view of a cringeworthy man in a pub who is addressing everyone in the bar about his opinion on why man united are the best team ever created EVER.
    The reality is Arsenal are a selling club eg.Overmars,Petit,Vieria,Henry,Cole etc(dont bother saying that they were past there prime Im having none of it:rolleyes:).
    Wenger is a master at knowing when players need to be sold his exception was kolo toure imo. Now he didn't get along with gallas and hadn't really been the same since his malaria so for keeping the status quo he was right. Adebayor ? disruptive.
    Henry ? His last season was pretty poor
    Vieria - Yes
    Petit - Yes
    Overmars - Yes
    Cole.. Not sure if you know this as you're countless amount of trophys probably blocked you from seeing the fact chelsea TAPPED up ashley cole and he was found to be in the wrong in relation to that transfer saga ?
    Then we will see Wenger sign up some unknown south american and build him up to be the next big star.:rolleyes:Heres my advice;sack Wenger,stop selling off your best players and sign homegrown talent!

Ah of course, i appologise sigmund you have a fantastic understanding of what wenger is doing and planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

STOP!!!

Hammertime!

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hammertime!

hammerzeit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

gingelion wrote: »
    So is it 1st of June or 1st of July when the transfer window opens?

it's open

starts last day of season and runs until 31st August

Im glad I havn't really been posting here today because foreveryoung's posts are literally making me want to fold my laptop up, unplug it, open the window of the third floor here and throw said laptop as far as it can possibly go. One more smiley and its still possible. I swear.

Anyway, if James Milner is worth 20 million [starting bid] then Cesc is worth 80million. Seriously if we sell him for 30 million I'll actually lose the plot.

itunesartwork1.png
    [/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can someone quote that. On the phone here and can't check it...on the way to Sorrento :D

Can someone quote that. On the phone here and can't check it...on the way to Sorrento :D

Sure thing boss, but it aint good readin' :(
    Barcelona believe they can conclude the signing of Cesc Fábregas before the weekend after agreeing the basis of a contract with the midfielder. Fábregas has informed Arsène Wenger of his desire to leave the Emirates and the Spanish champions are hopeful of swiftly tying up a deal, even though they admit that they face difficult negotiations with Arsenal.

Barcelona initially envisaged a fee in the region of €35m (£30m) for the player but now privately accept that it will be difficult to close a deal at that price. With Arsenal demanding a minimum of £40m, Barcelona's president, Joan Laporta, has said that he is prepared to pay more to make the deal happen. The Catalan club is also ready to offer players in part-exchange.

Although Barcelona appeared to take a step backwards today when the sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, talked about the significance of Fábregas being under contract at the Emirates, privately they are bullish.

Sources in Barcelona have told the Guardian that a deal is in place with the player over wages and length of contract. The club is also encouraged that for the first time the 23-year-old has been prepared to agitate for a move, telling Wenger unequivocally that he wants to leave. Last summer, the manager asked Fábregas to continue at Arsenal and the midfielder reluctantly agreed. This summer he is determined not to be denied a move.

Barcelona continue to use Fábregas's desire to come to the Camp Nou as leverage with Arsenal but are keen not to irritate the Premier League club, which is why Begiristain was publicly restrained today .

"What counts here is Arsenal and what their decision is, because Cesc is a very important player for them," Begiristain said. "It is great news that he wants to come. [But] sometimes what players want does not happen [because] they have contracts in force. I think that at some stage Cesc will come to Barcelona. I don't know when but I have the feeling that he is a Barcelona player and he would love to play here. But we have to respect Arsenal and the contract he has there."

Barcelona will examine whether a player exchange can speed a deal. Yaya Touré was the most likely candidate but his agent, Dimitri Seluk, has insisted that the midfielder will not go to Arsenal. "Touré is not Cesc and nor is he going to replace him," he said. "He will not go to Arsenal."

Barcelona have moved quickly to secure the signing of the striker David Villa, who joined from Valencia for €40m yesterday. Villa will be presented Friday and Barcelona would like to present Fábregas alongside him.

With the Villa deal finalised, Barcelona believe that they can quicken the pace over Fábregas. The Arsenal captain and the Catalan club are determined to conclude the transfer before the Spain squad meets in Madrid on Monday to prepare for the World Cup. Fábregas has said that he wants his future settled before the tournament begins in South Africa next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I would have thought the club would have made some sort of official statement by now. I wonder are they trying to persuade Cesc to stay or are they actually in negotiations with barca at the moment.

Will somebody at the club please say something

Sources in Barcelona have told the Guardian that a deal is in place with the player over wages and length of contract. The club is also encouraged that for the first time the 23-year-old has been prepared to agitate for a move, telling Wenger unequivocally that he wants to leave. Last summer, the manager asked Fábregas to continue at Arsenal and the midfielder reluctantly agreed. This summer he is determined not to be denied a move.

Such a bull**** story.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sure thing boss, but it aint good readin' :(

Thanks for that, not quite so grim afterall. Just more Barca heads takin. As soon as we see fresh quotes from Wenger or Fabregas, well know straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know the transfer market is skewed and City are a bit mad but if Milner goes for more than 20M then Cesc is easily worth 50+, it's not as if Barca can't afford to pay it either.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I know the transfer market is skewed and City are a bit mad but if Milner goes for more than 20M then Cesc is easily worth 50+, it's not as if Barca can't afford to pay it either.

Hopefully Gazidas (crap, I need to look up that spelling, but I'm on my phone :p) is the man to finally get us an extortionate amount of money for one of our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Doesn't all this Fab shi*e happen every summer.Is their any confirmation he has looked to leave?Red top srories don't count as confirmation by the way...

If he goes it'll be hard to get big teamers on board............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Doesn't all this Fab shi*e happen every summer.Is their any confirmation he has looked to leave?Red top srories don't count as confirmation by the way...

If he goes it'll be hard to get big teamers on board............

Has to be some truth, the club and the player have not come out to deny it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Don't feed the troll fellas.

Folks we should all know at this stage that calling someone a troll is against the charter and just causes trouble.

If you don't like a post(s) then hit the report button and let us deal with it.

Cheers

If the Cesc transfer doesn't happen then the Guardian is officially a rag of a paper.

The BBC have not progressed the story any further than Barca are considering an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Paleface wrote: »
    If the Cesc transfer doesn't happen then the Guardian is officially a rag of a paper.

The BBC have not progressed the story any further than Barca are considering an offer.

agreed, they really seem to think he is going. ive never seen them get it wrong though, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Feck i was hoping for a quick resolution, looks like its going to be another Vieira to juventus type summer(the early juve rumours).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Sid Lowe says something is afoot, something is afoot. I wouldn't have posted a dubious source.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/20/manual_082818.html&TEAMHD=soccer
    Yaya Toure's agent insists his client has no intention of joining Arsenal and is not being lined up as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas.

The Barcelona midfielder has been mentioned as a possible makeweight in any move the Catalan giants make for Arsenal's talismanic skipper.

Barca are reported to be preparing a £40million raid for Fabregas, but accept that the Gunners will be reluctant to sell.

They could therefore try to soften the blow by offering Toure in part exchange, ensuring Arsene Wenger is not left short on midfield options.

The Ivory Coast international is a different type of player to Fabregas, with his game more about frustrating opponents than providing moments of creative genius.

With Arsenal regularly accused of lacking bite in the middle of the park, he is widely regarded as an ideal candidate to help alleviate that problem.

However, Toure's agent is adamant the 27-year-old will not be heading to Emirates Stadium any time soon.

"Toure is not Cesc and nor is he going to replace him," said Dimitri Seluk.

"He will not go to Arsenal."

Toure has been strongly linked with the Gunners for a number of years, especially during the time that his brother Kolo spent in north London.

His agent has hinted in the recent past that the time may be right to leave Camp Nou, after three years in Spain, but for now it appears as though he will not be heading to England.

As the press make out, Yaya doesn't want to go to Arsenal at all. Now it's either because he has some better offers from somewhere else which may see him wanting to join his brother at City maybe if they are interested and are flashing a decent wage packet at him or else I feel that Kolo has said some things to him regarding what it's like at Arsenal and warned him off it.

All in all, I have no idea why he doesn't seem to want to go there.

mike65 wrote: »
    If Sid Lowe says something is afoot, something is afoot. I wouldn't have posted a dubious source.

A respected journalist he may be but to me everyone including him is totally under estimating Arsenal's position in the whole affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/20/manual_082818.html&TEAMHD=soccer

As the press make out, Yaya doesn't want to go to Arsenal at all. Now it's either because he has some better offers from somewhere else which may see him wanting to join his brother at City maybe if they are interested and are flashing a decent wage packet at him or else I feel that Kolo has said some things to him regarding what it's like at Arsenal and warned him off it.

All in all, I have no idea why he doesn't seem to want to go there.

It is strange.

I'd say he'd have no shortage of suitors but someone here mentioned something of him sacking his agent before. Perhaps he wants to stay at Barca? Although the agent has said that's unlikely.

The Guardian is one of the best papers for football news. Just because you don't like what they're reporting doesn't mean it's a rag.

Forget about Man City's Milner bids. More relevant bids are Barca paying £35m for a 28 year old David Villa, £35m + Samuel Eto'o for a 27 year Zlatan Ibrahimovic, or Real Madrid paying £56m for a 27 year old Kaka. Cesc is in that stratosphere but is only 23. The club should be looking for at least £50m. If they do that then we'll see just how badly Barca want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Sid Lowe thing put the sh1ts me up as well, but spent too many summers fretting over someone possibly leaving only for nothing to happen in the end. Opinion on arseblog is divided, no definitive news.

Has anyone here ever watched the Charlie Brooker series Newswipe?

What Arseblog said in his blog yesterday reminded me of it.

The way the news works today is not like the days of old. If someone twitters or blogs now, there opinion can quickly make its way into mainstream media as a factual report.

Its very dangerous and unfortunately people have a huge appetite for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

It's 50/50 for me, hope Wenger puts his foot down and tells him to give it one more year and then decide, surely he wants to win something with Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Ush1 wrote: »
    It is strange.

I'd say he'd have no shortage of suitors but someone here mentioned something of him sacking his agent before. Perhaps he wants to stay at Barca? Although the agent has said that's unlikely.

He may want to stay at Barca but do Barca want him? Look at Hleb, he says he wants to stay at Barca but it doesn't look like Barca want him and I'm sure he'll be moved on. I was also thinking before I remembered about Hlebs situation that Yaya could could do with a loan spell out somewhere.

Firstly I'd say a lot depends on whether Barca get Fabregas. If they don't get Fabregas, they may turn their attention to Masch at the Pool.

If for whatever reason they don't get either or unless someone at the World Cup really shines, Yaya could end up staying at Barca. I feel it's gonna be a long summer of transfer rumours especially with the World Cup being on.

Still no official approach from Barcelona about Cesc, according to the latest reports. We've now had Pique join Xavi in offering his thoughts on the deal. Barca are getting as bad as Real Madrid frankly.

I also wonder how can they afford to sign Villa and then talk about Cesc when they're already in the region of €400m in debt.

Oh, according to John Cross, Arsenal have said that Cesc's contract runs to 2015 - not 2014 as previously thought.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement