Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    More transfer fluff:

Evening Herald reckon Hleb could come back to Arsenal as part of the Fabregas deal.
    THey also predict a shock bid from us for Joe Cole.

Sol Campbell is being linked with Celtic.

We are linked with Marseilles midfielder Stephane Mbia according to the Daily Mail.

A bid for Joe Cole? He a free agent next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Kess73 wrote: »
    A bid for Joe Cole? He a free agent next month.

He's also crocked with massive wage demands.

Not a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Should be any day now.

Ya'all laughed at me!!!! :mad:

Interview with the man:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/free-video-chamakh-speaks-to-tv-online

"choice of the heart"

I like him already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's 6'4" and not that fast, can't see him playing anywhere other than CF.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's 6'4" and not that fast, can't see him playing anywhere other than CF.

Bendtner hasn't done bad on the right wing.
    Glad we've signed another tall player. I'd love us to be a threat from corners again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

He's 6"2 and quite fast, He'll be able to play anywhere along the front 3 if we keep with 4-3-3 but I'm hoping we go back to 4-4-2 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bendtner hasn't done bad on the right wing.
    Glad we've signed another tall player. I'd love us to be a threat from corners again.

Look at the headers Chamakh scored against Monaco from corners he is unbelievable Jeff in the air. Van Persie whipping them in we will have big Tommy, Chamakh, Campbell, Bendtner and our new world class CB all queing up to put them in!

Do ye think that we have up front finished now or will there be another striker brought in?

Do ye think that we have up front finished now or will there be another striker brought in?

I definately think we wont buy another. We have RvP, Chamack, Bendtner, Eduardo. Then there's the likes of Walcott, Vela and Arshavin who can be used as a secondary striker. Actually I would not be surprised if Eduardo left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

did anyone see wenger at the unveiling of chamakh??

he looks like a man who is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This may come as a bit of a shock, but it's being reported that our Catalan midfield maestro is heading to Spain on Monday to push through his exit from Arsenal.

sad-face.jpg

Yep, Fran Merida is going to Atletico Madrid.

I hate you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

No he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

I...love you!? Glad it's not Fabregas (yet). Wonder how much he's going for? Can't see him being close to the starting 11 for Athletico. Never know though I guess..

Not a fan of Arsene's attire at the Chamack photo shoot! Prefer the old shirt and tie myself..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sútalún wrote: »
    I...love you!? Glad it's not Fabregas (yet). Wonder how much he's going for? Can't see him being close to the starting 11 for Athletico. Never know though I guess..

Not a fan of Arsene's attire at the Chamack photo shoot! Prefer the old shirt and tie myself..!

The reported fee is believed to be in the region of €0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

This may come as a bit of a shock, but it's being reported that our Catalan midfield maestro is heading to Spain on Monday to push through his exit from Arsenal.

sad-face.jpg

That reminds me.....what ever happened to Reyes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

He's a free agent. Just like Chamakh. You lose a player.... you gain a player.

On a side note did anyone else come home from the Curragh today with cash in their back pocket??!

Let the good times roll....

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

The reported fee is believed to be in the region of €0

We clearly deal in sterling!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Sútalún wrote: »
    We clearly deal in sterling!

Too right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ive been accepted:D grand ol bit of arsenal fc on here:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Graham Hunter has said on SSN that Wenger is furious with the whole Fabregas affair, believing he has been tapped up.
    And the fee they want is €87 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

JPA wrote: »
    Graham Hunter has said on SSN that Wenger is furious with the whole Fabregas affair, believing he has been tapped up.
    And the fee they want is €87 million.

Surely wenger has a legit claim ? Only a few weeks ago cesc was saying how he wants to stay.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Surely wenger has a legit claim ? Only a few weeks ago cesc was saying how he wants to stay.

Something has happened no doubt, has he been training with Spain?

Or is he still injured? Is he with the squad anyway?

If anything has happened I'd imagine it's Cesc seeing his two best mates with yet another gold medal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Chamakh is an interesting signing. From what I've seen, he's big and quite physical in his game, will probably give Arsenal a bit more of an offensive threat when they're playing the likes of Stoke and Blackburn.

Having said that, it's definitely 1 step forward, 2 steps back if Fabregas leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

As for Merida, he's no loss. Not physical enough for the Premier League and didn't seem too interested when I did watch him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Frisbee wrote: »
    If anything has happened I'd imagine it's Cesc seeing his two best mates with yet another gold medal...

Hleb and Flamini didn't win medals did they this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hleb and Flamini didn't win medals did they this season :D

Only delighted so I am!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

JPA wrote: »

Thats just lazy f'in journalism, of course he has, a month hasnt gone by where, messi, iniesta, Xavi, Pique have'nt been on web articles about Barca being in cescs dna, he should join etc.

This beats all. Cesc might have even initiated interest just to shut them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thing with Wenger is that he is like the boy who cried wolf, he spends too much time moaning about things to be taken seriously when he does have a legit reason to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I think the longer goes by the more likely Cesc is to stay. A fee doesn't seem to be able to be agreed even if Arsenal wanted to sell him. Barca seem to only want to pay £30mil :rolleyes: cheeky feckers!

Dead right if Arsene has said he wants €87million milk them for all they have (or dont have!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It'll be another vieira real thing, they'll proomise him the sun but in the end they won't be able to gurantee him a 1st 11 spot and he'll pull out the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

after all the hullabaloo when this story first broke, i'd be quite confident of Cesc staying another year.

1) he's 5 years on his contract.

2) Wenger doesn't want to sell.

3) Barca won't put up loony money.

4) Cesc still loves Arsenal so he'll still play his heart out; and

5) he'll get his move in a year or two.

i'd be shocked if it doesn't pan out that way.

SlickRic wrote: »
    after all the hullabaloo when this story first broke, i'd be quite confident of Cesc staying another year.

Exactly, the media acting like he is off are ignoring the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Media in over-reaction shock!!

I've tried my best to ignore most of the stories on this, its all speculation. "I heard this, he heard that". Its all rubbish. When there's talk from an official source I'll sit up and take notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well put and I think there is a number 6 as well.

Barca don't actually need him. They have such a wonderful midfield at the moment that they are one of the few clubs that wouldn't benefit enormously from his presence.

greendom wrote: »
    Well put and I think there is a number 6 as well.

Barca don't actually need him. They have such a wonderful midfield at the moment that they are one of the few clubs that wouldn't benefit enormously from his presence.

I thought this too but a few people have been saying Iniesta could take the Left Forward position so they'd have

Iniesta Villa Messi

Fabregas Xavi

Busquets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gibson wrote: »
    I thought this too but a few people have been saying Iniesta could take the Left Forward position so they'd have

Iniesta Villa Messi

Fabregas Xavi

Busquets
    Oh yes absolutely, there's no doubts he could fit in and do an excellent job - he's not however the difference between them winning and losing a championship, I don't think. If they could get him on a free transfer, of course they'd have him but €50 million is a bit of a stretch when you consider the options they arleady have.

greendom wrote: »
    Oh yes absolutely, there's no doubts he could fit in and do an excellent job - he's not however the difference between them winning and losing a championship, I don't think. If they could get him on a free transfer, of course they'd have him but €50 million is a bit of a stretch when you consider the options they arleady have.

Very true but spanish teams seem to be like this, or at least some Spanish presidents. They feel they need the marque signings to keep the fans happy. They don't need Fabregas and as I said I dont think he's going to go this summer, especially if they only want to pay £30 million

Arsenal really need to do all they can to keep him, this summer was suppose to be about adding to the squad so that the challenge for the title would be stronger....not selling our best player!

I know we have a lot of French speaking players but Chamakh doesn't seem to have a word of English, could take him a while to blend in with the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I think if Real Madrid register an interest and put in a bid, then of course Barcelona will pay whatever Arsenal want or risk losing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Frisbee wrote: »
    I know we have a lot of French speaking players but Chamakh doesn't seem to have a word of English, could take him a while to blend in with the squad.

I noticed that too but aren't there a few guys in the squad already who don't speak much English? (Denilson is one I think)

Pires never had a word of English if I remember correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I think if Real Madrid register an interest and put in a bid, then of course Barcelona will pay whatever Arsenal want or risk losing him.

Cesc will not go to Real Madrid.

not a f*cking hope.

Cesc won't go this summer, I said it in the Barca thread and why I though it and I think I'll be proven right. 'Mon the Cesc!

Cesc will not go to Real Madrid.

not a f*cking hope.

Obviously not. Real would be handy in a bidding war, obviously Cesc would have no interest but Real would offer crazy money.

We should leak it to Real and City that he's available (with no intention of him ever going there) and use it to push the price up for Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Africa's richest man now linked with Arsenal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8701215.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

DenMan wrote: »

Did the board all get an email starting like this?

Dear friend,

Based on the further explicit investment information about your country from my research i wish to invest in your country under your supervision.

I am Prince Fayed W. Bolkiah, the eldest son of Prince Jeffrey Bolkiah former finance minister of Brunei, the tiny oil-rich sultanate on the Gulf Island of Borneo. I save your time by not amplifying my extended royal family history...

DenMan wrote: »

Hello,

I am the Prince of Botswana, I have recently come into an inheritance of 36.4bn pound however I cannot use this money in my country.

If you would be so kind as to send me your bank details I would be willing to transfer this money to a bank account of your choois ng and giving you 10%.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Great minds. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Rumours going around about Hangeland supposedly being on his way to Arsenal and set to have a medical. Can't really find any concrete sources though.

Would be a good signing, though I'm not sure how well he'd cope with our high line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement