Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Diaby's performance coming on as sub last night went down well in France.

Sagna however was criticized for not going forward enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Put Cesc and Villa into my Barca squad in Fifa 10 for the craic - They were absolute boss. :p

(For the record I don't think he'll be leaving this season either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

RVP PL Top goalscorer next season lads yeah ? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

moikey wrote: »
    Would everyone be happy to have Cesc for one more season and then let him go?
    I don't think anyone here could possibly put a new spin on that, its been talked and talked and talked about for the last two weeks solid and I'm pretty sick of the whole thing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SDTimeout wrote: »
    RVP PL Top goalscorer next season lads yeah ? :D

You can get 25/1 for the World Cup...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Galvasean wrote: »
    Shipped a tenner on that last week. It's like printing money IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

newbie2 wrote: »
    Shipped a tenner on that last week. It's like printing money IMO

You have not factored God into that bet have you?.....

....Bendtner.....3 games.....19 goals......that's what he told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mexican Pelé is gonna clean up tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

What can i get on him being injured before Holland go out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i'm a huge fan of Van Persie, but he's unlikely to be top scorer at the world cup to be fair.

• Advertisement

At 25/1 it's a decent bet. Although i'd say its gonna be Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Morf wrote: »
    What can i get on him being injured before Holland go out?

Not for Holland....but 25/1 on he'll be out first 6 months of the domestic....I put a cool 100k on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

25/1? They're giving money away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So we're linked half of the madrid team from Joses supposed great purge. Van der Faart and diarra are the main ones, would'nt mind the other diarra(ex lyon guy).

Higuain *drools*

I know we don't need another striker but Higuain is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would love Higuain, he is class. If we sell Fab I think van der Vaart would be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Will we have anyone signed before June 11 I wonder...

cson wrote: »

According to Wenger he wants all our signings done before then so I'd like to start hearing rumblings in the next week...

Unless of course he's done one of his sneaky ninja transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

cson wrote: »

I have a feeling there is a long summer of Fabregas willl he wont he rumours ahead of us and alot of the transfers depend on if he stays or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

shano_88 wrote: »
    I have a feeling there is a long summer of Fabregas willl he wont he rumours ahead of us and alot of the transfers depend on if he stays or not.

I don't think so, if he doesn't go before the World Cup I think he will stay for another season at least.

As it doesn't look likely that Barcelona are going to make an offer that will make the Board reconsider their decision that Cesc is not available for transfer I am fairly confident that he will be an Arsenal player next season and being the professional that he has proven himself to be he will give his all for the team next season.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »

So an average Arsenal summer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

deadtiger wrote: »
    I don't think so, if he doesn't go before the World Cup I think he will stay for another season at least.

As it doesn't look likely that Barcelona are going to make an offer that will make the Board reconsider their decision that Cesc is not available for transfer I am fairly confident that he will be an Arsenal player next season and being the professional that he has proven himself to be he will give his all for the team next season.

I hope your right! I do agree that if he doesnt go, he will be professional about it and give his all next season.
    So an average Arsenal summer then.
    It wouldnt be summer time without it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

But Barcelona presidential candidate Marc Ingla insists Cesc Fabregas will move to the Nou Camp this summer.

Ingla said: “Cesc will be a Barcelona player, yes, yes. The money is not as important as his dream because he wants to return to Barcelona and it’s a dream for our fans.

“Arsenal are a model club and to maintain good relations we will try to agree a good price. Of course Barcelona wants to complete a quick deal.

“I believe that Cesc’s time at Arsenal has finished, they have benefited from him and now we hope to reach agreement.”
    Pompous ****ing arseholes.

I'll gladly take a ban for saying that, because it had to be said.

To think I used to actually admire Barca's fan-ownership setup.

You know what if he was'nt in the pepsi or pringles ads, barca would'nt be after him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

When is Wenger going to buy a Goalkeeper?..If we go into this season with the two inept planks that we have were screwed!Sort It Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Hugo Rodalegga has said Arsenal have made a bid for him. Dunno how d feel about that, if cheap enough then okay but cant see him becoming a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Frisbee wrote: »
    According to Wenger he wants all our signings done before then so I'd like to start hearing rumblings in the next week...

Unless of course he's done one of his sneaky ninja transfers.

The only problem that may arise with that though is that if Fabregas is sold, it was reported that any deal mightnt happen until after the presidential elections at Barca which was either 13th June or 13th july cant remember which, either way the World Cup would've started

Hugo Rodalegga has said Arsenal have made a bid for him. Dunno how d feel about that, if cheap enough then okay but cant see him becoming a superstar.

Pass, he's nothing better than what we already have

Frisbee wrote: »
    Pass, he's nothing better than what we already have

I'd love Arsene to say - "thats complete b*llox Id never sign a player like Rodalegga" :D

• Advertisement

I saw this on Arsenal-Mania, haven't seen it anywhere more official though, but...
    Bendtner said: My greatest ever dream is to play for the two biggest clubs in Spain…I think it is possible, and I know that I will go to the one that suits me the best.”

Bendtner added: “To be a fantastic player, one must prove that you can score goals. Not just over a season – but always.”

“I have not won anything yet, and I have not been top-scorer. But when I am people will be talking about myself in a different way.

“I hope that I will be a fantastic football player and that everyone will talk about me as one of the best strikers in the world.”
    Maybe we should let him dream at Wigan and take Rodellega in a swap.

Seriously, if he said that and it's current then he should be fined a months wages. What kind of ****ing moron would come out with that now? The club should clamp down hard on this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Bendtner always thought highly of himself but as far as him playing for Real or Barca, the only way that will ever happen is when Bendtner himself sticks on fifa and transfers himself to either one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

I saw this on Arsenal-Mania, haven't seen it anywhere more official though, but...

Seriously, if he said that and it's current then he should be fined a months wages. What kind of ****ing moron would come out with that now? The club should clamp down hard on this sort of thing.

Agree 100%. Just no way to know if any of this garbage is true though. And it would create an aura of distrust if Arsene started questioning all the players about any quotes relating to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gibson wrote: »
    I'd love Arsene to say - "thats complete b*llox Id never sign a player like Rodalegga" :D

Would be fun to hear - unfortunately though he's got far too much class

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

greendom wrote: »
    Would be fun to hear - unfortunately though he's got far too much class

Yeah it would like Bill saying to Giles 'What did you think of ___________?' and Giles saying 'F**k him Bill'

New home kit isn't being launched till July 29th. and the away kit not until July 13th.

Wanted to get one of them for my birthday... :mad:

• Advertisement

Is that a hint, her moderatorness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

if this is true from bendter,im seriously getting sick of players using arsenal as a stepping stone to spain,maybe we need some english players,might stay loyal to us.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'd love it if Barca somehow went bankrupt, Such a bunch of cocky, ignorant clowns.

arseblog's update today is great, by the way.

Nah like madrid they'll never go bankrupt, noone will ever call them on the loans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Nah like madrid they'll never go bankrupt, noone will ever call them on the loans.

You wouldnt know, economic enviroment over in Spain isnt what it was in recent years. they are even more screwed than we are - 20% unemployment etc,finding it hard to get buyers for govt bonds on the markets etc. Could see this being the last summer of big spending in Spain for a long time.

If there was 60% unemployment in spain, and at the same time a big player left madrid or barca, the riots would be over the player leaving and not the ar$e falling out of the economy. We like our football but its religion there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

What happens in greece will affect spain as they are next in the pecking order to get some recalled loans for.

He said the same thing years ago, this is like Cesc saying I'll play for Barcelona one day. Hes not saying he wants to leave right now just that at some stage in his career he wants to play for either Barca or Real. Comments like these I take with a pinch of salt, think people of overacting a little, and no way swap for Rodagella!

maybe we need some english players,might stay loyal to us.

You've been reading the English rags too much mate. An English passport doesn't buy loyalty. Just look at Bentley, Pennant and Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

You've been reading the English rags too much mate. An English passport doesn't buy loyalty. Just look at Bentley, Pennant and Cole.

Long for the days of old style English players, Dixon, Bould, Adams,Keown, Linighan, Winterburn, I miss them :(

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Long for the days of old style English players, Dixon, Bould, Adams,Keown, Linighan, Winterburn, I miss them :(

how can you forget Parlour :D;)

He said the same thing years ago, this is like Cesc saying I'll play for Barcelona one day. Hes not saying he wants to leave right now just that at some stage in his career he wants to play for either Barca or Real. Comments like these I take with a pinch of salt, think people of overacting a little, and no way swap for Rodagella!
    It's not what he said, it's when he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

how can you forget Parlour :D;)

Legend :D

It's not what he said, it's when he said it.

ye fair enough it wasnt the best timing but he was probably asked and he doesnt seem the type to be diplomatic about situations, too honest for his own good!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement