Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

They have Gourcuff down as a defender there. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

keano_afc wrote: »

FAIL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

keano_afc wrote: »

Its .con, to put him down as a footballer is a major achievvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Where does it rule them out? It's merely publishing press speculation and doesn't confirm nor deny interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Walcott apparently not in the England squad. Can't say I'm surprised, he was rubbish in their recent games.

Where does it rule them out? It's merely publishing press speculation and doesn't confirm nor deny interest.

Its sarcasm if its on .con its not going to happen.

Theo left out might be the kick up the ar$e he's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nick Powell... 16 year old unheard of player. Sounds more like the kind of palyer we'd be likely to sign :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Think it's good news Walcott's not going. He's always under so much pressure for England and, so far in his career, pressure isn't exactly his thing. Hopefully he'll have a summer to mull over it, improve and start next season with some fire in his belly. Or a rocket up his arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Delighted Walcott isn't going myself. Now maybe he won't return crocked, can get a decent pre-season behind him and show us why we spent so much money on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Walcott given a lovely slap in the face there, delighted for him tbh. Will this be what it takes for him to finally pull the finger out? He'd wanna take stock of it anyway because based on the last 18 months or so his career is going nowhere.

Might get the press\hype machine off his back, the amount of hype\press that follows the young fella around is ridiculous considering he's done SFA(apart from the croatia hat trick). convinced the hype has given him a huge head.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think it's extremely unfair to put all of Walcott's troubles down to him not wanting him it. He's been constantly injured the last couple of years and under huge pressure and expectation all the time. He's rarely had a chance to get a regular run going. At times when he has and he's started to show form, he's gotten injured again, and every time he comes back every touch of the ball is micro analysed and every mistake pounced upon. Then he gets injured again.

I'd love to see a stat for how many 90 minutes he's completed for Arsenal. It'd be extremely small I'd wager.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thought this was interesting and so true.

truth.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Have to say even though Walcott probably didnt deserve a spot, little surprised he didnt get one, Capello seemed to like him. But if Walcott thinks his performances were good enough to merit a spot maybe this is the wake up call he needs.

Pity he wont get to work on his crossing with Beckham for awhile now though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thought this was interesting and so true.

Flowchart

I've read it a few times and still amn't sure are they poking fun at Diaby/Denilson or both? Diaby's looked half decent when playing for France recently. Have a feeling one of them should go this year though.

Any more about Eduardo going somewhere? There was talk of France I think.. It'd be great to see him do well at a smaller club.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sútalún wrote: »
    I've read it a few times and still amn't sure are they poking fun at Diaby/Denilson or both? Diaby's looked half decent when playing for France recently. Have a feeling one of them should go this year though.

Having a go at both, I think Diaby's good but many disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

x PyRo wrote: »
    Having a go at both, I think Diaby's good but many disagree.
    While the criticism of denilson is more than justified, I think Diaby's play this season has come on alot.

If we get rid of one of them it should be denilson (we'll get next to nothing for him though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Diaby is great against the newly promoted teams or the weaker teams playing at the Emirates but anything pass that and hes well out of his comfort zone. I do not want to have to rely on him at critical stages like we did this season.

the guy wastes so much possession by trying to either take on every player on the pitch or just stand still with the ball until someone takes it off him...very frustrating player :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Max Power1 wrote: »
    While the criticism of denilson is more than justified, I think Diaby's play this season has come on alot.

If we get rid of one of them it should be denilson (we'll get next to nothing for him though)

I can't see either of them leaving purely down to the fact that there will be too many changes to the squad if that happens.

Midfield was the one place I thought we wouldn't see any ins or outs until the whole Cesc thing started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Frisbee wrote: »
    Delighted Walcott isn't going myself. Now maybe he won't return crocked, can get a decent pre-season behind him and show us why we spent so much money on him.

Hopefully the Dutch will get knocked out in the group stages, so we can get RVP back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Looks like we could have Joe Cole.... according to Harry someone's already sealed a deal for him, it wouldn't surprise me if that's us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8717027.stm

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Hopefully the Dutch will get knocked out in the group stages, so we can get RVP back asap.

France, Spain, Holland and Cameroon all going out early would be lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

France, Spain, Holland and Cameroon all going out early would be lovely :D

And maybe England if we get Cole :p

• Advertisement

Keown has a go at wallcott . Pretty much what i think.

Looks like we could have Joe Cole.... according to Harry someone's already sealed a deal for him, it wouldn't surprise me if that's us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8717027.stm

I'd say its United.

Where's the rest of our transfers before the WC Arsene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Evil_Clown wrote: »

They're not going to meet our valuation so I'm not too worried.

What I find hilarious is that they're not willing to give us the extra 15-20M we want for Fabregas, but they're willing to buy Fab and then spend 15-20M on Mata too, even though they have absolutely no need for him.

• Advertisement

There's talk this morning they might throw Chygrynsky(sp?) at us as part of the deal, possibly on loan or something like that.

link on imscouting.com

While this looks ominous its is only the start of official talks.

If they don't meet Arsenal's asking price then I'm confident no deal will be reached.

The fact that Arsenal are refusing to comment is in line with their tight lipped approach to the whole affair. Unfortunately Barca are quite the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

They're not going to meet our valuation so I'm not too worried.

What I find hilarious is that they're not willing to give us the extra 15-20M we want for Fabregas, but they're willing to buy Fab and then spend 15-20M on Mata too, even though they have absolutely no need for him.

It's the divine right thing, silly and all as it is they believe that they don't have to pay as much as another club would pay for Cesc because he started there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else think its strange that Barca are now giving quotes to BBC Sport??

Isnt Marca usually their rag of choice when trying to poach other teams players??

There's talk this morning they might throw Chygrynsky(sp?) at us as part of the deal, possibly on loan or something like that.

link on imscouting.com

So we give them our best player and we get a fairly unproven CB on loan just because Barca can't give him first team experience.

Barca can get bent tbh
    It's the divine right thing, silly and all as it is they believe that they don't have to pay as much as another club would pay for Cesc because he started there

Barca's attitude to the whole thing has been pretty funny.

It's Supply and Demand.

They're demanding Fab.
    We have him.

It's up to us to put a valuation on the player, not them. And if he really wants to go but Barca won't meet our valuation then tough luck, your staying at Arsenal Cesc.

Don't forget as Xavi and co like to remind us, barca is in his DNA. DNA has been scientifically proven to drive down prices.

Frisbee wrote:
    Barca can get bent tbh

I dunno bents being succesful at sunderland, would he want to leave? more importantly does he have barca in his DNA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Barcelona are really beginning to give me a bad taste in my mouth.

between this, and the sprinklers and Valdes shennanigans with Inter, they really do need to go 'swivel on it' to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

What would happen if Mata does go to Barcelona and happens to become a superstar. Then the likes of Casilas, Ramos etc would say Real Madrid is in his DNA. Then Madrid put in a bid that's way short of valuation because he was a Madridista. Then Barcelona sure as hell would flip, reporting them but yet they can't see what they are doing wrong here. Think I would prefer Cesc to go to Real Madrid if he decides to leave. Money talks after all.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Barcelona are really beginning to give me a bad taste in my mouth.

between this, and the sprinklers and Valdes shennanigans with Inter, they really do need to go 'swivel on it' to be fair.

Same old Barca' tbh. They've always conducted their business in an utterly repugnant manner, this is nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anybody else think its strange that Barca are now giving quotes to BBC Sport??

Isnt Marca usually their rag of choice when trying to poach other teams players??

:eek:

• Advertisement

After all the crap from Laporta/Xavi/Puyo/Pique I'd love to see Cesc end up at Real Madrid instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hey all the best to Cesc, hope he achieves the success his talent deserves

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yet more talk from Catalonia.

I wouldn't be too worried. Arsenal are playing hardball so Barcelona can **** on about talks, DNA, respect and dreams all they like. If they don't pay, they don't get.

Yet more talk from Catalonia.

I wouldn't be too worried. Arsenal are playing hardball so Barcelona can **** on about talks, DNA, respect and dreams all they like. If they don't pay, they don't get.

I find it odd the way they talk him up like some sort of Demi God who they are in desperate need of and they must have.

Yet they're not willing to pay the asking price for him.

Yet they're not willing to pay the asking price for him.

but he's Barca man, it's, like, in his DNA and stuff.

but he's Barca man, it's, like, in his DNA and stuff.

Barca are also more than a club too. You can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Is it just me or is the mooted fee of £40million just way too low for someone of Fab's ability. He has a long term contract and so wont be able to leave for nothing for a good while yet, and £40 million wont buy that much in the way of the3 or 4 players we will need if fab goes?

I know City are money bags and can't really be measured to anyone else.

But if Villa want £30M of Citeh for Milner then there's no way Barca can get out of paying £45-£50M for Cesc considering:

Cesc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Milner

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the mooted fee of £40million just way too low for someone of Fab's ability. He has a long term contract and so wont be able to leave for nothing for a good while yet, and £40 million wont buy that much in the way of the3 or 4 players we will need if fab goes?

It's insulting is what it is, and Barca know it. They are just trying to turn this into some kind of morale crusade and hope the media barrage disrupts Arsenal's resolve.

• Advertisement

I'll be seriously let down by Wenger and the club if they let Cesc leave for anything less than a figure that most people would look at and say "ok fair enough, they got a good deal there". That was what everyone said when United sold Ronaldo.

I know that this will differ from person to person but on the whole that should be the reaction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement