Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Frisbee wrote: »
    Our star striker starts again SA today.
    I reckon he might get one against South Africa today, how many goals do you think he'll get in the group stages? And if they Qualify? I'm going for 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I reckon he might get one against South Africa today, how many goals do you think he'll get in the group stages? And if they Qualify? I'm going for 3.

Two today and one more before they go out in the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Vela top goalscorer? Nah, as far as I'm aware they already have 2010 - N. Bendtner inscribed on the Golden Boot.

And damn you Frisbee for closing the horn thread; I wanted to ask where one could obtain said device :(

btw less of your in-your-endo on that too the rest of you

cson wrote: »
    Vela top goalscorer? Nah, as far as I'm aware they already have 2010 - N. Bendtner inscribed on the Golden Boot.

And damn you Frisbee for closing the horn thread; I wanted to ask where one could obtain said device :(

btw less of your in-your-endo on that too the rest of you

There's another horn thread on the second or third page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Our star striker starts again SA today.

I didn't know Bendtner was Mexican.

I didn't know Bendtner was Mexican.

'God' is injured and a doubt for Denmark's first game.

A true loss to the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

'God' is injured and a doubt for Denmark's first game.

A true loss to the World Cup.

On the third day.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Well Vela was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Vela continued his Arsenal form into the World Cup. he was very poor even simple passes werent great. unfortunate to see :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He ain't no left sider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

He's up front on his own in the FIFA fantasy football dream team following the first match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I thought he played ok 1st half and played a lovely ball to Branco, who should have scored. Santos should have put him in at one point too, pity he was too interested in seeing could he beat the Africans all by himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Bit dissapointed with jensen was expecting goals flying in from all over the patch after his goal in the 92 euro final.
    I think Graham probably thought roughly the same thing...

Two today and one more before they go out in the group stages.
    I backed them to win their group the other day - I think France are poor. Not looking great so far but they can still do it.

They'd also be on what should be the easier side of the draw if they do win it, could embiggen Vela's sale price if they go on a run and he shines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Diabys having a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I think Graham probably thought roughly the same thing...

Probably thinking more along the lines of how much money Jensen's agent would give him if he were to buy him.

Because he's really good, has one year left in his contract (so not too expensive) and can play on the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

18m for 1 year left, not a hope. Probably a rehashed story, were linked with him before.

10 or 12m would be a good bit of business.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    10 or 12m would be a good bit of business.

It really wouldn't

Not a fan of Pieenar or just think it's too much to pay for a player with one year left in his contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not a fan of Pieenar or just think it's too much to pay for a player with one year left in his contract?

It's too much to pay for most players in the final year of their contract and while I think he's decent, I really don't think he'd have a great impact at Arsenal. Almunia made him look good here, I think it was a poor enough finish. He has pace though, I guess that'll do!

Well if it is true that United and Spurs (and possibly even Man City depending on who you believe) are also interested then his price is understandablya bit inflated.

Saw this morning were linked again with Phil Jakielka. cant admit to watching too much of him anyone think he'd be a good partner for Vermaelen?

He's alright and could blossom in a better side... but 12m for one year? We walked away from Chamakh last year for that, and rightly so.

If the Joe Cole talk is even semi-accurate, it'd be a much better buy (and we certainly wouldn't need both) - you could probably get sign-on fee plus 2 years of wages for 12m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Just saw the USA goal....Rob Green will fit right in with Al and Fab......the 3 amigos.......lets buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Enyeama - sign him up Wenger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just saw the USA goal....Rob Green will fit right in with Al and Fab......the 3 amigos.......lets buy him.

LOL, snap.

Was watching it with a friend and just before the match and was pointing out how I'd seen a Korean, South African, Uruguayan, Mexican and Nigerian keeper, and I'd yet to see a single mistake of the type that have become a bi-weekly event at Arsenal.

In fairness to Al and Fab though, they spilled their fair share of crosses and picked up the odd backpass but don't think they did anything close to what Green did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Enyeama - sign him up Wenger!

On a related note how would people feel if Wenger did sign a relative unknown like Enyeama. He plus his trade in Israel so would be cheaper than what you'd buy from England or most of Europe. In terms of Enyeama he has playing pretty consistently for a few years now and shown on many occasions he is a decent keeper. This might sound like bandwagon jumping because of his display yesterday but he is a decent keeper who for whatever reason has never gotten a chance at a big club.

Would people here be happy with a relative unknown keeper or are we more interested in a name.

Quazzie wrote: »
    On a related note how would people feel if Wenger did sign a relative unknown like Enyeama. He plus his trade in Israel so would be cheaper than what you'd buy from England or most of Europe. In terms of Enyeama he has playing pretty consistently for a few years now and shown on many occasions he is a decent keeper. This might sound like bandwagon jumping because of his display yesterday but he is a decent keeper who for whatever reason has never gotten a chance at a big club.

Would people here be happy with a relative unknown keeper or are we more interested in a name.

He did look good, I just don't know much about him. I don't think I'd mind too much if we signed an unknown as long as he's brought in as number 1. The only thing about Enyeama is that I'm always weary of us signing African players because of the African Nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Sign jags and stick him in goal!

Enyeama ain't unknown - He's a FM Legend

gibson wrote: »
    Saw this morning were linked again with Phil Jakielka. cant admit to watching too much of him anyone think he'd be a good partner for Vermaelen?

I'm a big fan of Jagielka. He's dynamic and has good movement similar to Vermaelen. My only gripe is he's not the tallest and pairing him with Verm might leave our CBs a tad on the small side. I'd rather see Verm paired with a colossus.

Very simialr to Almunia's cockup against United on his debut in the Carling Cup (can't find clip of that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jagielka would be a very good signing I reckon. Only question marks I'd have would be his fitness after that injury he had, and possibly the height I guess.

What would people think if we ended up with

In:
    Jag, Koscielny, Schwarzer, Cole, and Chamakh

Out:
    Gallas, Silvestre, Senderos, Almunia, Rosicky(?), Eduardo,
    This is all just purely speculation really and unlikely to actually happen at all

playa3 wrote: »
    Jagielka would be a very good signing I reckon. Only question marks I'd have would be his fitness after that injury he had, and possibly the height I guess.

What would people think if we ended up with

In:
    Jag, Koscielny, Schwarzer, Cole, and Chamakh

Out:
    Gallas, Silvestre, Senderos, Almunia, Rosicky(?), Eduardo,
    This is all just purely speculation really and unlikely to actually happen at all

Absolute bum chocolate! I'd be ragin, we lack strength in depth and that would have us down a player and looking to the youths to make up for it!

L'prof wrote: »
    Absolute bum chocolate! I'd be ragin, we lack strength in depth and that would have us down a player and looking to the youths to make up for it!

But Djourou is like a new signing...

But Djourou is like a new signing...

But of course...

This is true but I really can't see us signing more than 2 centre backs. Personally I'd take JD over Silvestre though.

This is true but I really can't see us signing more than 2 centre backs. Personally I'd take JD over Silvestre though.

I'm not talking about certain positions really. We need to be signing at least 2 more than we get rid of!

• Advertisement

I'm not talking about certain positions really. We need to be signing at least 2 more than we get rid of!

Well for GK it's more a case of needing to replace with someone better than what we have than adding extra depth. We don't need any more players in attack I don't think. In midfield one more box to box/defensive player would be great but can't see it happening. So that leaves the defence which we could definitely use more depth in compared to last year but we're looking like losing 3 if not 4 centre backs so as I said I couldn't see us signing any more than 2 or maybe 3 to replace them.

Well for GK it's more a case of needing to replace with someone better than what we have than adding extra depth. We don't need any more players in attack I don't think. In midfield one more box to box/defensive player would be great but can't see it happening. So that leaves the defence which we could definitely use more depth in compared to last year but we're looking like losing 3 if not 4 centre backs so as I said I couldn't see us signing any more than 2 or maybe 3 to replace them.

If it happens like that, we're fúcked to be honest! Squad isn't big enough as it is to cope with our injuries!

Quazzie wrote: »
    he is a decent keeper who for whatever reason has never gotten a chance at a big club.
    You sound like you've seen him a few times - would you say he's strong on crosses?

Because I only saw him yesterday and I reckon I know why he's never gotten a chance at a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This is quite odd.

I've bought plenty of jerseys off this site before, and they have the new Arsenal one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Guess who's still alive?

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Just came on for Ghana lol.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ahh Quincy, the master of dribbling really, really fast to nowhere in particular :)

Archimedes wrote: »
    Guess who's still alive?

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Just came on for Ghana lol.

Sure he was on loan at Pompey at the end of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    You sound like you've seen him a few times - would you say he's strong on crosses?

Because I only saw him yesterday and I reckon I know why he's never gotten a chance at a big club.

I can't say I've seen too much of him tbh but I remember him from 2006 ACN and being impressed back then with him. Looking at him yesterday I was impressed with his overall decision making and decisiveness to carry out his actions with convictions which was something we've missed terribly at Arsenal for at least the last year.

But my point was using him as an example of a relative unknown(at least to non FM players ;)) that Arsenal could sign and what would be our reactions to it. Myself last week if I heard we were signing him I wouldn't have been too impressed but he is an example of a player playing a bad league who could do a job for us, and goes to show that there could be bargains out there without resorting to spending massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Didn't we nearly sign Enyeama last June or something? I remembered reading it somewhere. He agreed personal terms and all but Wenger didn't want to spend 2 million on him.

• Advertisement

This is quite odd.

I've bought plenty of jerseys off this site before, and they have the new Arsenal one up.

That site says the jersey only costs £8 :confused: lol

Ive seen that pic on another site Id say that'll pretty much be the real thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement