Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Quazzie wrote: »
    my point was using him as an example of a relative unknown
    Oh yeah, on that I don't care how big a name someone is, just that they're good players.

Vermaelen got a lot of OTT praise last year but I'd still say that he was an excellent signing who I knew sod all about before being linked with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

gibson wrote: »
    That site says the jersey only costs £8 :confused: lol

Ive seen that pic on another site Id say that'll pretty much be the real thing

has to be a fake for that price??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

115649114-cf022359b16e6089fb693126e08adbc8.4c16b470-scaled.jpg

sexxxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I quite like it.

Assuming is the real shebang of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

That yellow jersey is absolutely stink, and I really hope that other link to the home jersey is a fake because its the exact same as the home jersey we had from 07-08.:mad:

• Advertisement

I quite like it, mainly as my nanny used to always give me boiled sweets that were rubard and custard and they were brilliant. This jersey reminds me of that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Would prefer it with a collar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Don't like that yellow thing at all.

Yeah I do agree the home jersey I linked to looks very similar to the one from 3 years ago, without the gold strip down the side. I'm not mad on it, but there's nothing to really hate about it.

The jerseys on that site are fake as in you're not buying from an authorised dealer but I've bought about 5 off them and they have all looked perfect, there's plenty of threads about that site on boards. They are most likely made in the same factory (or other factory owned by the same producer) and just sold on the sly, which would explain why they're able to sell them before the jersey has even been revealed by Arsenal. One thing I've never seen on that site is jersey's that are completely fake (as in not looking like the official jersey), so I'd guess that's going to be next season's home jersey. I've also never seen them sell a jersey before it's been available to buy in the shops, so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Ahh Quincy, the master of dribbling really, really fast to nowhere in particular :)

Walcott mark 2?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Archimedes wrote: »
    Guess who's still alive?

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Just came on for Ghana lol.

Also, Junichi Inamoto came on as a sub for Japan today. :)
    Hey wait, what? Apparently he never played for us in the league??????? :confused:

• Advertisement

He was bought to sell shirts in Japan. I remember hearing that his nickname at the club was 't-shirt'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Galvasean wrote: »
    Also, Junichi Inamoto came on as a sub for Japan today. :)
    Hey wait, what? Apparently he never played for us in the league??????? :confused:

Inamoto.

I must have a rose tinted memory of him. I seem to recall him being quite good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I must have a rose tinted memory of him. I seem to recall him being quite good...

I have the same memory...maybe I remember him playing for Fulham???

L'prof wrote: »
    I have the same memory...maybe I remember him playing for Fulham???

I recall him at Fulham alright, but I also recall liking him as an Arsenal player. Pretty sure he got a few goals for us too?

edit: just read the link from arsnal.com Apparently not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Uugghhh don't like it all.

I'm in work so I can't view that link.

Is it the same as the yellow one that was posted last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I like it. :)

It has an old school look to it which I feel the new home kit will also reflect!

• Advertisement

Yellow with purple on the cuffs and neckline. Reminds of the fruit salad sweets you could get years ago.

Taken from arseblog, hopefully you can see this one.

article-1286559-0A08AA13000005DC-311_634x844.jpg

Hmm, I'm not so sure about it... looks alright in some pictures, like

gun__1276584801_awaykitgallery09.jpg and the RVP one above

and complete gack in others, like

gun__1276584852_awaykitgallery13.jpg and gun__1276584840_awaykitgallery12.jpg

If the home jersey above is really what we have for next year, it's not exactly a bumper kit year - as someone said, it's fine but mainly because there's nothing to hate about it.

Yellow with purple on the cuffs and neckline. Reminds of the fruit salad sweets you could get years ago.

Taken from arseblog, hopefully you can see this one.

article-1286559-0A08AA13000005DC-311_634x844.jpg

I don't think that pic does it justice because of the shading. Look at Van Persies's skin. The man is not grey!!

This one is nicer.

blogimg_1650_6107-20100615081950922574.jpg

I can see the one an Capaill Mor posted but that lookes really cell shaded and much nicer than the one that was posted yesterday.

Can't see the one Paleface posted, can't really make my mind up now as not entirely sure what it looks like. Only 3 hours till I can check :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

The tack top that Walcott looks savage with the cannon.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I can see the one an Capaill Mor posted but that lookes really cell shaded and much nicer than the one that was posted yesterday.

Can't see the one Paleface posted, can't really make my mind up now as not entirely sure what it looks like. Only 3 hours till I can check :D

Pales one is the one i posted last night. I'll reserve final judgement until i see it physically on the players in a photoshoot as opposed to edits

I don't like the way the club is promoting the jersey to be honest.

All the images are photoshopped (I realise actions shots are impossible at this stage but some of them are just not doing the jersey justice imo) and the promo video has a tint on the camera like something from Top Gear.

They should just present it as it is warts and all if the case may be. Its false advertisement otherwise.

The image I posted is the only one that has it as you would see it in the shops I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Paleface wrote: »
    I don't like the way the club is promoting the jersey to be honest.

All the images are photoshopped (I realise actions shots are impossible at this stage but some of them are just not doing the jersey justice imo) and the promo video has a tint on the camera like something from Top Gear.

They should just present it as it is warts and all if the case may be. Its false advertisement otherwise.

The image I posted is the only one that has it as you would see it in the shops I reckon.

Totally agree. The colours are slightly different in every image too (most notably in Song's). It's a cheap and lazy way of advertising.

Sure in the one with Song they've forgotten to colour in the ends of the sleeves. They are supposed to be claret instead of yellow.

Based on the 'normal' images of it I like it. I generally like yellow Arsenal kits anyway, but this one is suitably different from what has come before so (for me anyway) that makes it worth a purchase.

• Advertisement

We had 15 players on loan this season. See how they got on here:
    http://www.arsenal.com/reserves/arsenal-s-loanees

not a fan. design wise ok but lose the bradford city colours please. if you switched the claret for navy it would look like our last umbro away shirt from 84 to 86.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I like that away shirt....and if that home one on bestway4you is genuine (which I imagine it is)..I like that too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Koscielny wants to come to Arsenal. So much so that it seems his agent is negotiating a deal for him on the clubs behalf... :confused:
    Koscielny's agent Stephane Canard said, "Laurent told the Lorient president and coach that he wants to move to Arsenal come what may.

"It is hard to ignore interest from Arsene Wenger. Lorient's directors want to get over £8.3m from Arsenal.

"We have held talks with them, and with a sell-on clause inserted in the deal we are not far off agreement."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Here are some clearer pictures of the proposed new home kit

ArsenalHome.jpg?t=1276087936ee5.jpg?t=1276087936

I like it

Looks exactly like our home kit from a few years ago, nice, but I most likely won't be purchasing it or the away one.

• Advertisement

I agree. They are just winding back the clock to the first season at the Emirates.

arsenalDM0209_468x649.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tis a bit boring. At least the red sleeves are back I suppose. Will there be anything on it to acknowledge the 125th anniversary next year I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

There was one posted that looked like a polo shirt back in the thread iirc [with the Emirates logo i the top right under the Nike logo I think] that would have looked serious as a 125th Anniversary shirt. Whilst I didn't really like it at the time [stupid shiny gold o2 logo] the redcurrant shirt we had the last year in Highbury was class.

I have that 1st year in the Emirates shirt too so I likely won't buy the new one but I will say that that home kit [Gold stripe one 06-08] was my fav red home shirt for a while.

I'd read something at some stage about there being another redcurrant tribute for the 125th anniversary... guess having it replace the blue on our away kit is it though.

I feckin' loved that home kit the last season in Highbury - got one as a present but it's always been slightly too large. Anyone know of a jersey swap shop? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Having seen that new large pic of the new home jersey I do like it. Yeah its similar to the one we had the first year of the emirates but Its really retro, that white band at the end of the sleeves is nice. I'll be buying that for sure now, however that yellow thing is stink, reminds me of custard packaging from the 70's.

• Advertisement

Inler is looking quite good for this swiss team. Played a fantastic through ball there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

And to think we couldve had Alonso if Wenger hadve paid a couple more million lol :rolleyes: his passings been brilliant and hit the bar with a fantastic effort

gibson wrote: »
    And to think we couldve had Alonso if Wenger hadve paid a couple more million lol :rolleyes: his passings been brilliant and hit the bar with a fantastic effort

He was meant to be vieira's replacement when Vieira was meant to go to real, wenger had rowley over in betis on a regular basis. As much i hate to say we should've made vivi go and got Alonso. The pool got him after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

He was meant to be vieira's replacement when Vieira was meant to go to real, wenger had rowley over in betis on a regular basis. As much i hate to say we should've made vivi go and got Alonso. The pool got him after that.

Shouldve definitely got him second time around hes a quality player. Couldve had

Alonso - Cesc
    Song

Alonso could spread passes or swap with Song and also have a decent cover at DM when Song isnt playing...oh well! :p

That home shirt better not be the real one. FAR too much like the shirts we've had for the last 4 years. :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That home shirt better not be the real one. FAR too much like the shirts we've had for the last 4 years. :rolleyes:
    wtf?

Our First three fixtures:

Liverpool (A)
    Blackpool (H)
    Blackburn (A)

Full list here

Chelsea on Stephens Day. Tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Blackpool sounds strange in there. Although I can't wait for Holloways press conferences and post match interviews next season. :D

Wahay. Will be in London for the Blackpool game, was hoping Arse would be at home that weekend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement