Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287309/Arsenal-beat-Chelsea-race-Feyenoord-starlet-Kyle-Ebecilio.html

lots of reports online that we've signed 16 year old midfielder Kyle Ebecilio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

patrickc wrote: »

Great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

L'prof wrote: »
    Great...

Eh, yes it is. Not everything the club does has to be about next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Here are some clearer pictures of the proposed new home kit

ArsenalHome.jpg?t=1276087936ee5.jpg?t=1276087936

I like it
    Galvasean wrote: »
    That home shirt better not be the real one. FAR too much like the shirts we've had for the last 4 years. :rolleyes:
    wtf?

It's too much like this:
    arsenal-08-09-home-kit.jpg

and this:
    Arsenal%20Home%20Shirt.jpg

aint gettin' my 60 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

cson wrote: »
    Although I can't wait for Holloways press conferences and post match interviews next season. :D
    I think he's going to grate on my nerves big-time after about a month, to be honest...

As for jerseys, it's obviously very like the '07-'08 home kit - but there's only so much you can do with it before it stops being an Arsenal kit and people start asking for a return to tradition. I feel sorry for whatever poor fecker in Nike* gets the gig to be honest.

* Note: not the company itself.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's nothing like the last jersey. Like an Arsenal jersey should, it actually has white sleeves. It's a classic looking kit and I'd be delighted if they never changed it again.
    Wahay. Will be in London for the Blackpool game, was hoping Arse would be at home that weekend.
    It's a difficult fixture list for us. Four tough games in a row over the Christmas period and a couple of nasty away games early on.

Also, look at the games that immediately follow our CL ties. Sunderland (A), Chelsea (A), Man City (A), Newcastle (H), Aston Villa (A), Man United (A). Fúck balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wreck wrote: »
    Eh, yes it is. Not everything the club does has to be about next season.

I know that, but when was the last time that we did enough in the transfer market to prepare us for the following season???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Wenger: "No, we are not close at the moment,"

Typical. Wenger is really starting to frustrate me at this stage. He shouldnt be spending his time commentating when we really need him to dedicate a crucial summer to actually strengthening the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He probably means Djourou. After all, having him back "will be like a new signing".

Koscielny most like. Seems to be at a stalemate at the moment but Koscielny is pretty vocal about his desire to join the club. I'd say it's only a matter of time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Trashbat wrote: »
    Wenger: "No, we are not close at the moment,"

Typical. Wenger is really starting to frustrate me at this stage. He shouldnt be spending his time commentating when we really need him to dedicate a crucial summer to actually strengthening the team.
    Come on now. There are plenty of hours in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Come on now. There are plenty of hours in a day.
    More hours in a day than decent players in our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

well i dont know of any team that has 24 or more decent players to be honest. or anywhere close to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

My next WC shirt from soccertriads;

Cameroon - Song
    Holland - RVP
    Denmark - Bendtner
    Mexico - Vela

I want them all but I have to pick one. Cameroon and Song at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Simon Kjaer from Denmark could be a great signing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

_Bella_ wrote: »

Watching Brady on RTÉ are we? :D

I agree. He has been most impressive. Unfortunately everyone istalking about him so his price tag is bound to skyrocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Bendtner's looked lively for Denmark nice run for his goal

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Watching Brady on RTÉ are we? :D

Actually I was literally thinking it before he said it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

gibson wrote: »

Yeah and he just netted me 280. Him and Eto'o both to score 8-1 with PP and I had Eto'o first scorer. I'm telling u guys Im getting drunk tonight :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

cson wrote: »
    My next WC shirt from soccertriads;

Cameroon - Song
    Holland - RVP
    Denmark - Bendtner
    Mexico - Vela

I want them all but I have to pick one. Cameroon and Song at the minute.

Off topic but how long does delivery usually take from this crowd?

Did he get subbed of at half time? Injured?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Did he get subbed of at half time? Injured?

Nope they messed it up, he's still on

Kjaer does look pretty good actually having a good game, looks pretty good in the air and seems good at clearing up loose balls not to mention his passing looks awesome!!!

wouldnt mind if he was the defensive signing Wenger was talking about

He's a good player, but he's too similar to Vermaelen imo. He likes to get tight to his man too, whereas at the moment we really need a sweeper style CB, someone with pace who can drop off the line and mop up the loose balls. I think a partnership of Verm and Kjaer would make us a bit vulnerable to players who play off the shoulder.

Seems Gallas is officially gone and we're signing Laurent Koscielny

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3021664/Laurent-Gunner-be-a-huge-hit.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Seems Gallas is officially gone and we're signing Laurent Koscielny

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3021664/Laurent-Gunner-be-a-huge-hit.html
    and thats according to... the Sun :rolleyes:

Max Power1 wrote: »

which also has an actual quote from Wenger in the article

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

couquelin is has went on loan to lorient,only a matter of time before koscienly signs.

i hope irts done quick so wenger can move onto his next signing(well one can always hope:D)

couquelin is has went on loan to lorient,only a matter of time before koscienly signs.

i hope irts done quick so wenger can move onto his next signing(well one can always hope:D)

Ye there was rumour a while ago that Couquelin going on loan was part of the deal so I guess that was the hold up, shouldnt be too long now. I just hope its not the only defender we sign. Weve already lost Senderos and apparently Gallas and Campbell and Silvestre look gone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Koscielny deal has been agreed according to Young Guns anyway.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/06/arsenal-agree-koscielny-deal-with-youth-link-up/
    Arsenal have provisionally struck a deal, subject to personal terms and a medical, with FC Lorient for their young centre back Laurent Koscielny, Young Guns has learnt.

The Ligue One outfit announced this morning that Francis Coquelin would be going in the opposite direction, on loan. Although the two deals are not connected, an informal ‘link up’ which could see the two sides exchange youth players, in a similar way to the previous relationship with UD Salamanca, appears to have been the clincher.

No fee has been detailed about Koscielny, yet it’s expected he’ll move for a fee above €10 million euros in total, with potential clauses should Laurent fulfil certain criteria.

More to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll be very happy if the Koscielny deal is done soon. Not because I think he's good, I know virtually nothing about him, but rather because I think we might need more than one centre back at the club before next season starts.

On a separate note. Did anyone do that survey that comes up when you go on to the official site? Seems like they're trying to gauge the general opinion of the fans on how they see the club currently.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm still not sure. I would have preferred a top class CB coming in with Campbell staying on.

But Campbell, Koscielny, Djourou and Vermaelen: IMO we need a bit better player to come and play first choice straight away.

And then on the other hand if Sol leaves, we must bring in experience. Not good enough losing 4 experienced CBs on a free at the same time and just bring in an unknown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Realistically if Koscielny does not hit the ground running like Vermaelen did last year then the club could find themselves in trouble pretty early in the season.

Definitely another signing in that area needed just to be safe.

Yeah we need at least one more CB alright. All the players leaving gives us a chance to rebuild the defence which can only be a good thing as long as it doesn't just involve promoting Bartley and Nordveit. But hey it looks like Silvestre is going too!

Koscielny is well regarded and is said to be fast and a good reader of the game, however may lack a little in terms of strength. He apparently was the player who won the ball most/ made the most interceptions in Ligue 1 last year. I've never seen him play myself though.

Max Power1 wrote: »

thought same myself. :)
    but i think it may be genuine this time. very strange to see Wenger so vocal about a potential signing at what is a very delicate and early stage

• Advertisement

thought same myself. :)
    but i think it may be genuine this time. very strange to see Wenger so vocal about a potential signing at what is a very delicate and early stage

as if Id post a link from the sun if there was no quote from wenger ;):p

Does anyone know anything about this guy Koscielny? Cant say Ive ever heard of him. I see he can play for both france and poland but hasnt decided who

as if Id post a link from the sun if there was no quote from wenger ;):p

oh your integrity was never in doubt :D

Does anyone know anything about this guy Koscielny? Cant say Ive ever heard of him. I see he can play for both france and poland but hasnt decided who

id say he might angle for poland a bit more now given the carry on at present in the french camp.

All i know is he 6ft 1. Is he another Vermaelen or another Cygan it remains to be seen.

oh yeah can Pedro the Brazilian link up with us this season? awful pity we didnt get di maria with him 3 years ago.

oh your integrity was never in doubt :D

id say he might angle for poland a bit more now given the carry on at present in the french camp.

All i know is he 6ft 1. Is he another Vermaelen or another Cygan it remains to be seen.

I had a read on an arsenal website that had some guys that could speak French. They had a look on a Lorient forum and apparently the fans said (i know probably a bias biew) that he had a very good season and a lot are even saying that he shouldnt pick Poland because before long Laurent Blanc will want him for France.

I suppose we wont know til we see him play but I suppose theres always the chance he may only be third choice. Djourou is so injury prone he cant be depended on

oh yeah can Pedro the Brazilian link up with us this season? awful pity we didnt get di maria with him 3 years ago.

Football Manager says he's excellent :o

Did they just say on RTE we are considering Steven Ireland! Please don't let this be true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Did they just say on RTE we are considering Steven Ireland! Please don't let this be true!

For some reason I could only find a link in Italian! but yeah, its a reported rumor!

http://www.calcionews24.com/larsenal-pensa-ancora-ad-ireland.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd be quite happy with Stephen Ireland tbh.

Good player but seems to be a bit of a basket case!

Who else would drive a car like this :D

article-1126666-0064ABC200000578-687_468x253.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Be good to have an Irishman in the squad again. And young Conor Henderson is pushing too get in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Who else would drive a car like this :D

OMG that is wrong on so many levels!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement