Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

German defender Friederich is apparently available at 2 million according to BBC, sounds like a fairly good deal to me, he has had a good tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gibson wrote: »
    Would you feel that would be enough to challenge for the Premiership?

Not sure. Kolcielny is a big question mark. But even so, the primary concern in launching a successful title challenge is to keep Cesc and RVP fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

_Bella_ wrote: »
    German defender Friederich is apparently available at 2 million according to BBC, sounds like a fairly good deal to me, he has had a good tournament

£2 million he'd be a steal, he has looked good

leninbenjamin - even if we kept Cesc and RVP fit the entire season if they were the list of the only players that came in I think Id be a little apprehensive about the season

£2 million he'd be a steal, he has looked good

leninbenjamin - even if we kept Cesc and RVP fit the entire season if they were the list of the only players that came in I think Id be a little apprehensive about the season

Going by stats, if Cesc was fit for the run-in last season, I believe our win ratio with him in the team would have been enough to win the title.

Our main weakness is our reliance on Cesc. Someone like Cole should be able to add a little more creativity, and if Nasri and Arshavin can regain a bit more consistency, then we should be in a better position to cover for the loss of Cesc. So I wouldn't be too concerned if those 4 were all we brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Koscielny is the big question mark for me.

Have absolutely no idea what he's like so I'll be a bit uneasy until either I see him play and do well or we sign another CB. Hopefully he announces himself to the Premier League like Verm.

Remember watching his first game against Everton. First thing he did was out jump Felliani to win a header and the second was crunch Tim Cahill with a slide tackle. From that moment on I was endeared to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That can't be right. If it is go for him loved the way he made an ass of gerrard and rooney in his own box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Some great kos stats here http://twitter.com/Orbinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

That can't be right. If it is go for him loved the way he made an ass of gerrard and rooney in his own box.

I'd say the 2million evaluation isn't too far off considering Hertha Berlin were relegated this year.

Lads I also think there is alot of premature negativity going around. I mean were not even in July yet and peopple are worrying about our chances this season. I really don't think we should get so hung up on signing a star name keeper and centre half. Have some faith in Wenger, I mean if we bring in a relatively unknown CB who can have a similar impact to Vermaelen, along with Schwarzer, keep Cesc at the club (fingers crossed), and RVP stays fit, then we will be in an exponentially better position than we were last year. And thats without taking Chamakh and possibly Cole in consideration.

For what its worth I also think that we wernt as far off last year as some people make it out. I don't want to use the 'injuries' excuse but... INJURIES hit us at the worst of times.

In Arsene We Trust ;)

Full quote:
    Everton have bid £900,000 for Strasbourg striker Magaye Gueye and are also keen on signing German defender Arne Freidrich, who is reportedly available at a knockdown fee of £2m following his club Hertha Berlin's relegation from the Bundesliga.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Some great kos stats here http://twitter.com/Orbinho

Thats why I dont believe in stats dictating how good a player is, his aerial duels he won 59% but Campbell won 79% does that mean straight away Campbell is better in the air? No! Cause Campbell played far far less games than Koscielny , since he was a regular from what Ive read. Less games = less aerial duels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

if we dont spend £20m - £30m this summer or next do people really feel we can win the league again?
    We could, but it'd need a few things to go our way in the same season. But I don't see £20m to £30m making a guaranteed difference either. Chelsea had a better squad than ours AND still threw a bit of cash around after their 2 league wins but they still went 3 years without winning the league.

Only one team can win it each year and I really don't think we've been set up as a club over the last few years to consider ourselves in the 'likely' category. The two occasions in the last 5 years that we've mounted prolonged title challenges have completely surprised me - really they were both overachievements in some ways - but I'm personally fine with that as I think there have been bigger achievements during that time.

Young guns saying the Galindo signing has finally been made official. Unfortunately he didn't get a work permit so he's being shipped off to Celta for the year.

Looks like Joe Cole is off to Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We're going to be locked!!! :D

L'prof wrote: »
    We're going to be locked!!! :D

why!?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Looks like Joe Cole is off to Italy.

Source?

Paleface wrote: »
    Source?

BBC sport
    Midfielder Joe Cole is set to be offered £3m a year to join Italian side AC Milan after being released by Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Post while you can...

Post while you can...

Who says we're going to be locked? I'm perfectly sober right now and have no alcohol in the house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Soccer forum starts new club superthreads every season.

• Advertisement

Post while you can...

but i dont know what to say!!! :eek:

WHAT ARE WE ALL YELLING AT????

brick_yelling.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Looked up Koscielny in Fifa10 and hes only 69 (Djourou is better). Havent found him in Football Manager yet....

Cool.

Audrey..... AUDREY!!!!!

1wf-gal-anchorman.jpg

BBC sport

You should have said the gossip section of BBC sport!

It actually originated in Italy with Corriere Dello Sport afaik. Capello apparently recommended him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

brick.jpg

There were horses, and a man on fire, and, I killed a guy with a trident.

haha what a way to end the Arsenal thread! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Making this post just incase it's my last in this wonderful thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I love lamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Happy new season gooners.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I love lamp

Well why dont you follow chelski then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a year though.

Overall, I feel it was a step forward.

vermalen.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

in_before_the_lock.jpg

Remember us as hero's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

article-1290927-0A457240000005DC-399_634x519.jpg

You'd think someone could've run an iron over the shorts!

Papa Smut wrote: »
    You'd think someone could've run an iron over the shorts!

And Theo could have dressed to the right....."sh*t....down....to....here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just while we're still open ....

City have just signed Silva for 25 million, Boateng is to come for 11, Yaya Toure for 27, and then no doubt they'll be back after Milner or whoever else takes their fancy.

Put simply, it is seriously difficult to compete with that(Hat's off to Fergie for winning those leagues). Chelsea bought leagues, now City are trying and unless the rules change a bigger fish will eventually come along and trumph City.

Arsenal and Wenger's job is to stay competitive and ensure that whenever this financial doping thing dies down, the club is well poised to take advantage. In the meantime, if everything clicks or we get a league winning player like Ronaldo, we might just nick one.

So far so good I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah the problem for City is now to keep all those swollen egos happy so they do perform. You may buy the best players on the market it doesn't automatically mean you will have the best team in the Premiership though.

An interesting season ahead :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

"Don't worry, I got this."

almunia2_169256t.jpg

Did anyone else notice the big scar on the side of Arshavin's face in the promo video for the new home kit??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Havent posted here in a while, busy last few weeks. Like the new kit. Come on the Gunners.

I think we got hit the worst by the arrival of the sugar daddies. Don't forgot fergie splashed out too, but it was his core players that won those titles. Did'nt think chel$ki would be beaten but looks like city will pass them out for insane money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I reckon it's going to be difficult to keep a top 4 place this season. Chelsea and Man U will be up there of course. As long as Mancini can gel his squad they are certain to improve on last year and Spurs have a good squad, certain to be improved with the expected Champions League income. It will be an achievement for Gunners just to stay in the top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I like Mertesacker, would be a good signing for that money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Young guns saying the Galindo signing has finally been made official. Unfortunately he didn't get a work permit so he's being shipped off to Celta for the year.

Was it him or Silva we were trying to get the exceptional talent permit for so they could join up with us straight away?

Dammit from the BBC gossip section:
    Barcelona look set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Germany playmaker Mesut Ozil. Barcelona are reportedly ready to offer £18m for the 21-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of next season, and allow him to stay at his current club Werder Bremen on loan next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looked up Koscielny in Fifa10 and hes only 69 (Djourou is better). Havent found him in Football Manager yet....
    haha thats the first place i look for wengers youth/unknown signings too (fm that is)

Anyone heard any more about the Buffon angle? We were strongly linked a few weeks back but nothing since.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement