Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Starting 11 anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Arsenal: Szczesny, Gilbert, Senderos, Silvestre, Traore, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Gibbs, Sunu, Watt.
    Subs: Shea, Vela, Barazite, Bartley, Eastmond, Frimpong, Randall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flahavaj wrote: »
    Starting 11 anyone?

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3191260/first-team/arsenal-v-w.b.a.?tab=preview
    im a bit pissed off vela isnt starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Headshot wrote: »

Would have expected him to tbh. Glad I bresisted the temptation to throw a few bob on him scoring. That line up gives me a little more confidence in WBA pulling off the 15/2 upset though.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah, I was gonna do him and N'gog. Did Sunu with him instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Only thing I can find lads Arsenal V West Brom Text

Jerome Thomas sent off :D.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Only thing I can find lads Arsenal V West Brom Text

same thing ive been relegated to. Brom are down to 10 men :O

Jerome Thomas sent off :D.

Must be disappointing against your former club!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Must be disappointing against your former club!
    Have a feeling Simon Cox is going to get sent off too ;).

• Advertisement

Watt :P:P

Watt :P:P

you watching the match ?

Nope, can't get a stream :(Text.

Barazite on for Traore :D.

jasonorr wrote: »
    Yeah, I was gonna do him and N'gog. Did Sunu with him instead!

edit

my mistake I thought he was sunu watt ?

wonder what the goal was like? Apparently was a rebound of a blast at goal by Vela

Souless wrote: »
    wonder what the goal as like apparently was a rebound of a blast at goal by Vela
    Yeah Kiely parried it and Watt tapped it into the bottom left corner of the goal.

edit

my mistake I thought he was suna watt ?
    Giles Sunu
    Sanchez Watt :P:D

wonder what the goal was like? Apparently was a rebound of a blast at goal by Vela

dammit :o

edit

my mistake I thought he was sunu watt ?

Fook it :( Vela came on for Sunu...ragin!

• Advertisement

Vela Scores :D:D
    Carlos Alberto Vela grabs a goal from close in to the top left corner of the goal. Arsenal 2-0 West Brom.

what
    yessssssssssssssssssssssss

god dammit Im good with these anytime scorers

No luck :rolleyes:

what
    yessssssssssssssssssssssss

god dammit Im good with these anytime scorers

lol congrats on the win ;)

Wish the match was being broadcast somewhere so we didnt have to resort to keeping an eye on the text ;)

Full Time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Glad I put that money on the Mexican Pelé

• Advertisement

Didn't see the game as I was in work.

How did Coquelin play? And Traore?

Also I'm glad to see the kids do so well in this competition but have to say I'd like to see a slightly stronger side put out depending on who our next opposition is. I know it's only the Carling Cup but any silverware would be brilliant.

Also from the reports I read Vela had a stormer when he came on and completely changed the game. I really hope he starts getting PL games and even the odd start against weaker opposition or I reckon he'll be off in the summer.

Mark Randalls chip was lovely tonight :D hit the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

same thing ive been relegated to. Brom are down to 10 men :O

dreadful over-reaction from Wilshire - just seen it on SSN. Not need for the playacting. hopefully he cops on to himself as he gets experience - still, disappointing to see him resorting to that kind of thing at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

dreadful over-reaction from Wilshire - just seen it on SSN.
    Yeah, wasn't too happy when I saw that either. Wenger seemed to suggest there was a kick involved too, though it's still not an excuse. I was surprised actually - Wilshere always struck me as the no-nonsense, get-on-with-it type.
    Redzer7 wrote:
    Mark Randalls chip was lovely tonight
    Would've been something else alright... trying to steal Vela's Carling Cup thunder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

back from London. Will post up my expert opinion on the game plus photos in the next day or two.

• Advertisement

Meant to say, i recorded a video message from the Emirates stadium museum, if anyone wants me to mail it to them send me a PM (cant embed on boards)

Arsenal v Liverpool, Really tough test for the young guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We'll just have to get Baptista back for a bit!:pac:

Good that it's at home again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Arsenal v Liverpool, Really tough test for the young guns.

im delighted. i reckon we can definitely take them especially at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Pre-fulham game chat from Van Persie......
    "I want to win the league at Arsenal, and i don't care how long it takes"
    Interviewer "so you could be here for the rest of your career?"
    Van Persie "maybe so"

:D
    Magic......

Good win, exactly the kind of game we weren't winning last year.

Having said that though the performance was far from great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Excellent win, delighted with it and the manner. The performances will come because the talent is there but it's great to win a game like that.

It's the exact type of game we've been losing for years now (actually, we usually dominate the game and lose) and winning one ugly will breed a lot of confidence through the defence.

Anyone remember the last time a goalkeeper won the match for us?

Was it Mad Jens vrs Requelme in the Cl semi final?

gosplan wrote: »
    Was it Mad Jens vrs Requelme in the Cl semi final?

Ahh memories...

Was very impressed by Mannone today, looked much more competent that Fabianski has ever done.

Thought Eboue played well when he came on also aside from his miss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anywhere I could see highlights? Arsenalist only has the goal....great goal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anywhere I could see highlights? Arsenalist only has the goal....great goal though!

Match of the Day on BBC 1 is usually pretty good. :pac:

• Advertisement

Gotta say Fabianski is in trouble. Manonne and Szecsny look to be better prospects than him.

So, later than promised (been busy), my feedback on our players' performances in the Carling Cup against WBA. (marks out of ten)

Wojciech Szczesny - Made two very good saves, but also spilled the ball in an awkward position. Looks a good prospect overall. 7

Kerrea Gilbert - Very poor first half. Gave the ball away cheaply and was beaten too easily in one on ones. Improved in the second half (partially due to Arsenal's numerical advantage). Looked to be th weak link in the team. 5

Philippe Senderos - Solid performance. Did what was needed without much fuss and looked a genuine threat when attacking corners. Was nearly undone late in the game with an over-the-head pass. A promising performance overall which he will look to build on. 7

Kieran Gibbs - started out at LB, but frequently swapped with Traore on the left wing. Found himself in great positions when on the attack and made some solid tackles. 7

Armand Traore - This lad's pace is frightening. He is significantly faster than Gibbs. Didn't seem to offer as much as Gibbs in attack but seemed an equally good tackler. 6

Mikael Silvestre (c) - Solid no nonsense stuff from the captain for the day. Made one crucial intervention late on. His onl negative aspect was his apparent lack of speed which may have been exploited by better attackers. 7

Francis Coquelin - Great positioning and a good eye for a pass. Looks like a promising DM. On the downside, he has a tendancy to try fight his way out of trouble when passing the ball on might be a better choice. 7

Aaron Ramsey - Good enough game with some nice movement and passes. Linked up well with Wilshire. Completely balooned a free kick in a dangerous position while looking afraid to shoot at other times. 6

Jack Wilshere - Showed off some of his great skills. Seemed to beat players for fun at times. However his main flaw struck again, ie: that he is too greedy and wants to take on the opposing team all by himself, often resulting in losing the ball. That said, when he did pass it was superb. 8

Sanchez Watt - Had a torrid game. His first touch was abysmal and he frequently wrong footed himself. A tap in goal thanks to Vela's good work spared his blushes. Don't let the English media fool you, he did not have a good game. 5

Gilles Sunu - Played down the right wing (as opposed to up top where he usually plays). Had an uncharacteristic lack of acceleration meaning he didn't latch on to as many long balls as he should have. His crossing also left something to be desired. I've seen him play much better as a centre forward. 5

Subs:

Mark Randall - Proved a point with great passing, speed, tenacity and a delightful chip hitting the bar which ed to Vela's goal. 8

Carlos Vela - Made the difference after coming on, scoring one and setting up another. It is easy to see why he is considered such a hot prospect by the Arsenal supporters. The ball seems to stick to his feet as he weaves in and out of hapless defenders. Expect to see him play much more first team football soon. Despite only playing half an hour he was the man of the match. 9

Nacer Barazite - Looked lively whenever he got the ball. Off the ball his positioning was fantastic, popping up all over the field as if by magic. Would have been nice to see him get a bit more game time though. 7

Pictures will come later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Wonder how long Big Al's chest infection will last? Mannone had a great game yesterday although to be fair I think Big Al would probably have saved all of those shots as well.

Interesting to see if Wenger will do a Manninger again though. From some of the comments I've seen it looks like Almunia will be back when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Disappointed with Cescs' celebration again yesterday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

we need clichy to find a bit of form fast

Yeah we really do he's had quite a few poor games since the begining of the season. He really needs to find some form (cause on form he is a great player) or take a seat on the bench and give Traore or Gibbs a go at left back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wonder how long Big Al's chest infection will last? Mannone had a great game yesterday although to be fair I think Big Al would probably have saved all of those shots as well.

Interesting to see if Wenger will do a Manninger again though. From some of the comments I've seen it looks like Almunia will be back when fit.

On his day, yes.

On this year's form so far, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He will never be as good as Cole was for us, I have been slightly disappointed at how Clichy has progressed over the last year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He will never be as good as Cole was for us, I have been slightly disappointed at how Clichy has progressed over the last year or so.
    In fairness, Cole was working with Pires and Henry at the absolute peak of their powers in a counter-attacking side on a small pitch. Very different to how Arsenal set up these days so I don't think it's the best comparison.

But even just comparing his recent performances to Clichy of 07-08, it's clear that he's consistently failed to hit the same level. I'm a massive fan of him but he's been a danger to the team for large parts of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

i no he dont get much protection from arshavin, but i think he is giving the ball away way too often, i like clichy always have but he needs to step up or have a rest on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Clichy needs one thing to up his game.......
    another Goal.

Might do wonders for him going forward.
    Without being flamboyant or overly skillfull, Clichy is one off the few Pacey LB that any of the top four would have in their team.
    He don't need no rest.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement