Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

€7m bid for Chamakh turned down. Is another striker really needed though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He'll come in handy when all the inevitable injuries come along.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

€7m bid for Chamakh turned down. Is another striker really needed though?

I just can't get my head around this logic at all, we're willing to spend money on a striker when its blatently obvious thats the last part of our team that needs strengthening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

buying a striker is ridiculous, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Has Senderos signed for Everton do any of ye know?

Voltwad wrote: »

Yes.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/03/1419998/arsenal-defender-philippe-senderos-said-to-have-signed-for

And if you can speak German its confirmed here on the Swiss Football Association Website: http://www.football.ch/de/start.aspx?vNews=1&newsID=10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Voltwad wrote: »

23.19 Late reports coming in from the Swiss Football Federation claim Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos has signed for Everton, although there has been no comment from either club.

Thats from the Skysports website... I'd agree it likely means Lescott is heading for Man City but I'm more worried about Arsenal now who else will they be selling before the season starts :( (I'm a blackburn fan but enjoy watching Arsenal and if Blackburn can't win premier league I'd like Arsenal to do it. (Yes I realise my last line seems hilarious right now))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

(I'm a blackburn fan but enjoy watching Arsenal and if Blackburn can't win premier league I'd like Arsenal to do it. (Yes I realise my last line seems hilarious right now))

Yeah, Arsenal have no chsnce of winning the league :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

ha ha seen this on arseblog, thought it was funny

foto_380266_CAS.jpg

Kalou been linked to us, not sure how i feel about that one. I'm pretty happy with our attacking options and still think we need another midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wenger has some kind of obsession with the winger/striker type of player doesn't he? Kalou the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Oh. No.

From Goal.com

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/08/04/1421028/milan-ready-to-offer-arsenal-35m-for-cesc-fabregas-report

Milan Ready To Offer Arsenal €35m For Cesc Fabregas - Report
    The Rossoneri are looking to further deplete the Gunners' squad by taking Fabregas...

Milan are planning to sign Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas, with Rossoneri club president Silvio Berlusconi having given the move the go-ahead.

According to Tuttosport, vice president Adriano Galliani has a pre-agreement in place with Berlusconi over the Spanish international, and Gunners coach Arsene Wenger has promised he will sell Fabregas to the Italian giants.

The report suggests Milan will offer Arsenal around €35 million for the midfielder. Fabregas will be tempted with a five-year deal worth €4m-per-season. Just weeks ago Berlusconi claimed he wanted players who were under 23-years-old, and Fabregas fits the bill.

A meeting that was scheduled for 12:00 CET today between Berlusconi, Galliani and Leonardo to discuss Fabregas has been cancelled. It has been rearranged for Wednesday.

During the meeting, which has been labelled as a 'G3 summit', the trio will discuss plans for Fabregas, Andrea Pirlo's future and Luis Fabiano's possible arrival.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

No. Way.

Utter baloney. Why would we sell our captain? The same captain who has consistently denied he's going to move anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It would make about as much sense as us trying to buy a striker. It probably is baloney but this is Wenger we're talking about so you can never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lol some lot of bull****

35m euro,worth a good bit more than that,at least 45m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Headshot wrote: »
    Lol some lot of bull****

35m euro,worth a good bit more than that,at least 45m

Could even get £45m in the current market!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

:pac::pac: certainly not going to happen.

I'm so sick of these stories. I guarantee that Fab will issue a statement in the next 24 hours pledging his allegiance to Arsenal FC

If Cesc were to leave I highly doubt it would be to AC Milan. They arent exactly world beaters.

thorbarry wrote: »
    ha ha seen this on arseblog, thought it was funny

foto_380266_CAS.jpg

Where are they now?

Sol Campbell: Went crazy, demanded a move to a foreign team, joined Portsmouth.
    Jens Lehmann: Went mad and was shipped back to Germany.
    Gilberto: Adopted an anteater which he calls his "slightly more hairy brother".
    Eboue: Got bood by his own fans and has become an unsellable property.
    Toure: Joined an elite team of highly paid mercenaries.
    Bobby Pires: Moved to Spain. Played against Arsenal in the champions League. Lost.
    Hleb: Big money move to Barcelona was a disaster. Currently on loan to Stuttgart.
    Cesc: Became Arsenal's captain. Went mad and 'spat at' an opposition manager.
    Freddie: Models underpants.
    Thierry Henry: Got a divorce.
    Ashley Cole: Cholked on his sandwich and nearly crashed his car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Why the **** would we buy 28yo Kalou ??:pac:
    I mean come on, 28 , even chamkah is younger/cheaper & better.
    The media love Arsenal rumours.

On the Fabregas rumours there is no point reading it anymore.

On the Fabregas rumours there is no point reading it anymore.

Dude, Isn't he 23?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

proper fail :pac:

I see the youth team are playing their annual friendly against Boreham Wood today.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I see the youth team are playing their annual friendly against Boreham Wood today.

Yes, nothing less than a win for the young guns.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Everton are in talks with Senderos - would hardly have had much game time at Arsenal if Vermaelen and Gallas stayed fit.

http://backpagefootball.com/info/transfers/everton-confirm-senderos-talks/

Regarding Kalou, this is on the end of his Wiki page

In August, 2009 Kalou was linked with a move to Chelsea's London rivals Arsenal. Salomon will join Arsenal on the 4th August 2009 for and undisclosed fee of $15 million.

:pac:

I've now edited it.

• Advertisement

So our options at CB now are Gallas and Vermaelen as starters, with Djourou, Silvestre and Song as cover. Can't say we're looking particularly strong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

So our options at CB now are Gallas and Vermaelen as starters, with Djourou, Silvestre and Song as cover. Can't say we're looking particularly strong there.

I agree, Song is naturally a midfielder, well a DM anyway. Djourou doens't look very comfortable playing at CB either. Silverstre is just not good enough to play for Arsenal even as cover. The way I see it is if Gallas or Vermaelen get injured we're in real trouble :( Think we need another CB badly.

Even though I dont rate Senderos very highly he would have been medeocre cover as at least he plays the CB position naturally. Don't blame him wanting 1st team football though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

it wont happen but if they are after Delph they should put in a huge bid for Wilshere now imo as tbh ive never known about a young player and had as high hopes/expectations as i do for Jack Wilshere.

He is really someone i could see turning into the english Fabergas but perhaps with more of an eye for goal and turning into Mr Arsenal. By that i mean I can see him being a major star but unlike many of Arsenals other stars with him being a local lad he wont have a desire to play elsewhere and Arsenal can be his club.

What do you arsenal fans think of his potential? and how much of him would you like to see this season?

I think he should be on the (now bigger) bench every week and for certain come on for fabergas (giving him a needed occasional rest) anytime Arsenal are very comfortable in a game. However he obviously at 17 should not be a starter yet
    Just the few times I've seen him he's on the Leo Messi level of potential. Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Souless wrote: »
    I agree, Song is naturally a midfielder, well a DM anyway. Djourou doens't look very comfortable playing at CB either. Silverstre is just not good enough to play for Arsenal even as cover. The way I see it is if Gallas or Vermaelen get injured we're in real trouble :( Think we need another CB badly.

Even though I dont rate Senderos very highly he would have been medeocre cover as at least he plays the CB position naturally. Don't blame him wanting 1st team football though.

Indeed. Been looking at the World Cup tables and I still think the Swiss will pip Greece to top the table and qualify automatically. I'm sure Hitzfeld wants him playing regular football. Same goes for Djourou too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Apparently Wenger sees Song as a long term CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Smegball wrote: »

He surprised me a lot last season, plently of times previously had had only looked like a short term footballer, never mind long term CB.

Smegball wrote: »

I was never a fan of Song being honest, but he's hard working, dilligent and so versatile.
    It remains to be seen how he will cope @ CB for long periods (weeks) but if Wenger feels he can do it i have faith in both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Yeah, Arsenal have no chsnce of winning the league :P

odds of 8-1 I'm tempted to have a small bet but I do like throwing my money away... :D.

I think Arsenal will do surprisingly well this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Do you think the interest in Kalou is legitamite or is it Just wenger playing mond games in order to get that Chamakh guy?

(I ask as I don't see us (chelsea) letting him go unless we have a replacement in mind (please god let it be Aguero))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I was never a fan of Song being honest, but he's hard working, dilligent and so versatile.
    It remains to be seen how he will cope @ CB for long periods (weeks) but if Wenger feels he can do it i have faith in both of them.

Song will be a decent squad player a la O Shea when he gets more experience under him. He doesn't stand out in any one position, but he's fairly competent on the ball, and good in the tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Song finished last season pretty strong for us and put in some really good performances alongside Cesc, if he could just become that bit more consistent and regularly perform to his best i would have him in the team ahead of Denilson i think!

From what ive seen of Denilson so far pre-season i still have my doubts whether or not he can build on his form that he had in the first half of last season. He just frustrates me with his squandering of possesion at key moments, amongst other things.

Regards our CB cover i do find it a bit disturbing that AW will probably not buy another one. Ive no problem with Senderos leaving and much prefer Djourou and actually think hes done quite well again from the few pre-season games ive seen him involved in.

btw whos who in the fantasy league apart from the obvious ones!
    im Bella-Doyle United!

itsjaybud wrote: »
    btw whos who in the fantasy league apart from the obvious ones!
    im Bella-Doyle United!

I agree with what you said about song. He was actually pretty good towards the second half of last season, very solid. I'm Buckyfc in the league

thorbarry wrote: »
    I'm Buckyfc in the league

I am The Ar5enal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I am The Ar5enal

I'm CSKA UpYours

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm CSKA UpYours

I'm The Gooners

• Advertisement

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Song finished last season pretty strong for us and put in some really good performances alongside Cesc, if he could just become that bit more consistent and regularly perform to his best i would have him in the team ahead of Denilson i think!

From what ive seen of Denilson so far pre-season i still have my doubts whether or not he can build on his form that he had in the first half of last season. He just frustrates me with his squandering of possesion at key moments, amongst other things.

I gotta agree, Song has looked the better of the two. Denilson had a very good start to the season last season but then got injured briefly and ever since he came back from that he never hit the form that he was in before.

I also have to agree, he constantly gives away possesion in the last few games I've seen although they are just friendlies so I guess you can't take to much from them.

Souless wrote: »
    I'm The Gooners

Rosicknotes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

jasonorr wrote: »
    Rosicknotes

I'll be Highbury High when I get my team in.

Been looking through a couple of websites and as it stands, not including Senderos to Everton, Wenger has spent (roughly) £28-43m since he arrived in '96. That's £2-3m a year!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

:eek:
    jasonorr wrote: »
    Been looking through a couple of websites and as it stands, not including Senderos to Everton, Wenger has spent (roughly) £28-43m since he arrived in '96. That's £2-3m a year!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement