Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Blackpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Can't believe Vela isn't in that squad. I could understand if he was a first team player he wanted to save for Spurs at the weekend. But he most likely won't even be on the bench ffs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Meant to say did anybody else see Henri Lansbury for Watford against Sheffield United last week.
    Yup, saw that. Nice assist too. He looks very powerful coming through from midfield in the Championship but it'll be interesting if he turns out to be Premier League quality or Championship quality (the old Bendtner-Seb Larsson divide).

As for Vela, I'm beginning to think he'll be off - thought it was just the long trips to internationals but must be an attitude thing at this stage...

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    As for Vela, I'm beginning to think he'll be off

Aye, I reckon he'll be loaned out at Christmas and sold to Spain in the summer, he's just not getting a look in at any level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye, I reckon he'll be loaned out at Christmas and sold to Spain in the summer, he's just not getting a look in at any level

:(

DenMan wrote: »
    :(

I know, this jersey I'm wearing will feel so under utilised... :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Vela has a knee injury as I understand it.

Vela has a knee injury as I understand it.

Thank God for that

Yeah just gone up on the website

http://www.arsenal.com//match/report/0910/pre/first-team/arsenal-v-liverpool?tab=preview
    The Carling Cup will never be enough for Arsène Wenger.

It is one of the Arsenal manager's long-held ambitions to lift the trophy for the first time. After all, it would give him a domestic full house and also end five supposedly ‘barren' years without silverware of any kind.

In the history of Arsenal, and indeed any other major club, that is nothing special. Yet, at a modern Big Four brand, it is made into a major issue. The statistic is trotted out with regularity to drip, drip, drip a little more pressure on the Frenchman when it is deemed relevant.

However, despite a strong recent record in the competition, the Carling Cup is still more laboratory than exemplary for Arsenal. Winning it would be "a trophy" but that alone would never represent a satisfactory season for Wenger.

"No, [it is not enough]," he told Arsenal.com. "I find these kinds of statements [about winning a trophy] always very superficial.

"In these [intervening] years we went to the Final and Semi-Final of the Champions League. That is a much bigger achievement than winning the Carling Cup.

"If it was [about winning] the Premier League and Champions League then I would say OK. But I never could understand this comparison."

That means matches such as tonight's against Liverpool will always remain competitive testing grounds for Wenger. You only have to go back to the last time these teams met in this competition for a decent illustration.

When Arsenal thumped Rafa Benitez' side 6-3 at Anfield in 2007, Manuel Almunia, Alex Song, Theo Walcott and Denilson propped up the side. All were unproven back then but have gone on to greater things.

In fairness, this evening's side is not so inexperienced. The likes of Mikael Silvestre, Philippe Senderos, Aaron Ramsey, Lukasz Fabianski, Samir Nasri, Eduardo, Fran Merida, Nicklas Bendtner and Kieran Gibbs all need games because of injury or lack of first-team opportunities. Carlos Vela only misses out after picking up a knee injury.

Yes, Sanchez Watt, Gilles Sunu, Craig Eastmond, Kyle Bartley, Francis Coquelin and Emmanuel Frimpong fit the ‘raw youngster' role to perfection but, given the previous list, they are likely to populate the bench.

If Liverpool's side at Leeds in the last round is anything to go by, Arsenal will be in the unusual position of fielding a more experienced side than their opponents in this competition.

However Benitez was under huge pressure before his side's victory over Manchester United on Sunday and it is possible that he will want to go with experience to re-enforce that with another win this evening. Certainly we are likely to see the debut of Alberto Aquilani, one of their major summer signings.

Before the game, Wenger admitted he trailed the Italian for a time. Ironically the midfielder is exactly the type of experienced international who would have satisfied some of Arsenal's critics.

Wenger stuck with talent reared inside the Club and forged in the fire of the Carling Cup. Despite a couple of disappointing draws in the last week, he has been rewarded with a solid start overall.

"If you look at the success-rate of the players we educated and brought through in the last ten years it is absolutely amazing," said Wenger. "And nobody realises that.

"One of the reasons is that we played young players in the Carling Cup. They gave us belief and strength to give them confidence so we have, I believe this policy has been extremely successful. Not maybe in terms of winning the Carling Cup, although we were in the Final and Semi-Final, but because it allowed us to give good preparation for players to play in the Premier League.

"In the Carling Cup we always want to play at home on a good pitch so we can give a chance to our young players against a good side. That is the best way to see how good they are.

"Against Liverpool I will play a side with a good chance to qualify," he concluded. "But I want to play some players who are on the fringe of the team to see how well they can do in this kind of game.

"The players can gain confidence in themselves and the fans can gain confidence in those players.

"For me that is very important."

We are a strange bunch of supporters. I missed the match last night because of the No Drama pub quiz and expected to read decent reports about how the new lasds played and knocking Liverpool out. But I find the Arsenal thread on page 2 and not a post since yesterday!

Anyway, glad to have knocked them out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Papa Smut wrote: »
    We are a strange bunch of supporters. I missed the match last night because of the No Drama pub quiz and expected to read decent reports about how the new lasds played and knocking Liverpool out. But I find the Arsenal thread on page 2 and not a post since yesterday!

Anyway, glad to have knocked them out :)

There was a match discussion thread you know :P ;).

My match is late on Saturday so get to see the Spuds game on Saturday.

3 points there would be a massive boost and Keane has done a good job getting the lads fired up already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

It would be great to get a win against Spurs which Arsenal are more than capable of getting.

They will need to up the performance from the West Ham game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hard to tell what the hell is going to happen in one of these derbys and I can't really see us keeping a clean sheet but no Lennon, Defoe or Modric is a huge boost.

I think it will be the best derby in years. Spuds are playing great at the moment besides the hiccup from Sunderland and we are really racking up goals.

(Mental note to one-self: Must finish Hallowe'en costume so I can see the match)

Speakiing of which, is there a good bar in Dublin to watch the Arsenal? I usually watch it in O'Neills on Suffolk st. but is there anywhere where lots of gunners meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Fabinski out for another 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Roaster wrote: »

wtf? what is it now? fatigued finger syndrome?

Roaster wrote: »

Another niggly injury setback!

It will be interesting to see if Almunia is brought back into the team, now as I'd say Fabianski was in line to start against Spurs.

Has anyone seen the "Friday night is back" video on the official club wesbite?

The bit with Vito Mannone gets me every time.

"Oooooooh.... Friday night has back!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

“Also Wilshere (ankle), Walcott (knee), Denilson (back) and Rosicky (knee) will not be back for the game at the weekend. But we did not lose any players from last night.”

Damn. Was hoping Rosicky would be able to come back into the team:( Hopefully he recovers soon, but at least Nasri is there or thereabouts now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Paleface wrote: »
    Another niggly injury setback!

It will be interesting to see if Almunia is brought back into the team, now as I'd say Fabianski was in line to start against Spurs.

I'd imagine Almunia will be back between the sticks alright. I think he may have been back anyway because Wenger was unlikely to play Fabianski on Wednesday and Saturday.

I'll be happier with Almunia between the sticks anyway. Hopefully he'll get back to his form of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Papa Smut wrote: »

Speakiing of which, is there a good bar in Dublin to watch the Arsenal? I usually watch it in O'Neills on Suffolk st. but is there anywhere where lots of gunners meet up?

The Dublin supporters club meet in Kates Cottage on Amiens street. Ok not exactly the Ritz but you should get a few gooners upstairs
    Over at the game myself and going for a pre drink in the Rocket, god I have not been there in a while:(

Seems that useless f*cker Adebayor is trying to unsettle Arsenal again. Now it's in the mirror I suppose...
    Emmanuel Adebayor has reopened his feud with Arsenal's fans by claiming skipper Cesc Fabregas will be the next big star to quit the Emirates.

Defender Kolo Toure followed Adebayor out of north London to Manchester City in the summer and the striker believes Fabregas could be next if Arsenal underachieve again this season.

Adebayor has also accused Arsenal fans of not supporting their players enough.

He said: "I think players like Fabregas will look to leave if they are not in the Champions League, but my focus is all on City now.

"Football is more about kicking a ball and tackling. There is a connection between people, players, fans that takes it to the highest level.

"When that is missing, everything falls apart. You need to feel loved and that is what I feel at City."

Adebayor sparked explosive scenes at with his goal celebration after he netted against his old club at the City of Manchester Stadium last month.

He was banned for three matches by the FA for stamping on the face of ex-Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie during City's 4-2 win.

in other news Merida is being linked with Atletico Madrid... Christ! one good performance and the rags start the fabrication process. And we're linked with some Italian defender. Angelo Ogbonna, 21, of Torino...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

We are due a win against Spurs, hopefully we will give them an almighty trashing tomorrow! The 3 or 4 nil variety would be good, but 3 points would be the most important part. Maybe someone should start a match thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Getting excited now, Flying out tonight. First game, 3 points. A 3-1 with Arsh Cesc and RVP getting the goals. Plus a robbie keane broken leg thanks to a verm tackle.

COME ON ARSENAL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Getting excited now, Flying out tonight. First game, 3 points. A 3-1 with Arsh Cesc and RVP getting the goals. Plus a robbie keane broken leg thanks to a verm tackle.

COME ON ARSENAL

No need for that, we need him for the qualifiers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

SDTimeout wrote: »

COME ON ARSENAL

Cop on ffs no need for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

jasonorr wrote: »
    No need for that, we need him for the qualifiers!!!

If I was selecting the squad he wouldn't be needed!

Right...

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adebayor wrote:
    I think players like Fabregas will look to leave if they are not in the Champions League, but my focus is all on City now

Because Man City are flying high in the Champions League.. oh wait!

The mind boggles at some people..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Arsenal - Spurs games are always so hard to predict, as was seen last year. Form normally tends to go out the window. A win is really in order though after the blip that was West Ham.

Would love to see Ramsey start to be honest. He really has the ability to control the midfield. Despite his youth he still has a physical presence. Would love to see him instead of Diaby.. And Nasri/Eduardo instead of Eboue. Although not sure if Wenger would risk Nasri. Pref line up -

Almunia
    Sagne Gallas Verm Clichy
    Song
    Ramsey Cesc
    Edu VP Arshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well said Mr Wenger. He's just an attention seeker who in a year from now will regret his decision to leave us, when he is shipped out to Spain or Italy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5661897,00.html

Huge game tomorrow!!! Come on the Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guys, would there be any interest in putting together a Boards Arsenal team for the Gearoid Walsh tourney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Seems that useless f*cker Adebayor is trying to unsettle Arsenal again. Now it's in the mirror I suppose...

in other news Merida is being linked with Atletico Madrid... Christ! one good performance and the rags start the fabrication process. And we're linked with some Italian defender. Angelo Ogbonna, 21, of Torino...

Lol that's a fair point the papers must be well bored at the moment, the unfortunate point is that this is the last year on Merida's contract but hopefully he'll sign a new one soon :)

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Guys, would there be any interest in putting together a Boards Arsenal team for the Gearoid Walsh tourney?

I may or may not already be committed to another team, not sure yet.

But I'm sure you'll get enough lads from on here

So WTF!!

http://www.independent.ie/todays-paper/fabregas-seals-barcelona-deal-1930118.html

Piss poor journalism or is it true. Nothing on the bbc, rte or arseblog about this.

jank wrote: »
    So WTF!!

http://www.independent.ie/todays-paper/fabregas-seals-barcelona-deal-1930118.html

Piss poor journalism or is it true. Nothing on the bbc, rte or arseblog about this.

Ridiculous.

Possibly is all I can say. Might be a bit too much of a trek, depending on dates and all that.

• Advertisement

Don't believe that Fabregas article for a second. There is every chance he may leave in the summer, but I think he has more respect for the club than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1230: CARLING CUP QUARTER-FINAL DRAW
    Blackburn v Chelsea
    Manchester United v Tottenham
    Portsmouth v Aston Villa
    Manchester City v Arsenal
    Games to be played week commencing 30 November

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RedivideR

UH-OH! We just drew Man City in the Carling cup quarter final - hold on to your hats, they gonna be fireworks!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/1031/1224257767923.html

Very good interview with Bendtner
    ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE ARSENAL v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR: DANIEL TAYLOR talks to Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner who is convinced he will one day be recognised as the most prolific striker in the Premier League

Two very different images of Nicklas Bendtner’s life. Number one: December 2007, Arsenal are playing Tottenham Hotspur, the game tied at 1-1 after 74 minutes. The young substitute is stripped and ready to come on as the ball goes out for a corner.

The change is made and Bendtner is pumped up, desperate to make an impression. The ball comes over and he commits himself: win the header, get there first. It goes down as the quickest goal scored by a substitute since the Premier League was formed. The ball has been in play 1.8 seconds.

“It was the winning goal,” he remembers. “My first Premier League goal, too. That was always a big thing for me, to get that first goal, and for it to be the winner against Tottenham, with all the rivalry between the two clubs, you go through a lot of experiences as a footballer and that was an amazing one. One of the highlights of my career.”

Number two: January 2008, Tottenham are the opposition again, this time in a League Cup semi-final. But it is a horrible night for Arsenal. They lose 5-1, their heaviest defeat by the old enemy for a quarter of a century. A switch flicked in Emmanuel Adebayor’s head and his frustration finds an outlet in the bridge of Bendtner’s nose. The butt leaves the young Dane bloodied and furious and the secret is out about their feud.

Two north London derbies with very different outcomes. Welcome to the helter-skelter world of the guy who, if he gets his wish (and he is utterly convinced he will), will one day be recognised as the most prolific striker in the Premier League.

Room 11 at Arsenal’s training ground was set aside yesterday for Bendtner to lay out that masterplan with an assuredness that tells you he means every word. Inevitably the subject strays towards Adebayor, and his weapon is a forced indifference: “If you have nothing positive to say about someone, maybe you shouldn’t say anything.”

Adebayor, now at Manchester City, has adopted a very different tactic but Bendtner did not react back then and, again, he wants to come out of a strange and toxic affair with his dignity. Or, to put it another way, he does not want to stray from his favourite subject: himself.

Okay, that is a little joke at his expense but it does not need long in Bendtner’s company to realise this driven 21-year-old is brimming with self-belief and a quiet, bristling determination. “In my opinion I don’t know why anyone would question me?” is one line.

Tottenham are the visitors to the Emirates Stadium today and Bendtner is convinced he can be the hero again. But he has longer-term ambitions, too. You ask him where he imagines himself to be by the time he is 25 and he barely pauses for breath.

“Within five years I want to be the top scorer in the Premier League and I want to be known as a world-class striker. And it will happen. Trust me, it will happen. I look around at other players, I see my own ability and I can’t see anything that tells me it won’t happen. I’m sure people will think ‘What is he talking about?’ But as I have done before, and as I will do again, I will sit at the other end and laugh at those people when it is all done.”

So, never any moments when he has self-doubt? “Not at all. There has never been any doubt in my mind about anything to do with me. You can ask the coaches when I was 16, and even the other (youth team) players. I knew back then, and I would say it openly, that I would go on to play for the first team. And they would go, ‘Huh, what makes you think it’s going to be you?’ But I always said I would make it and I had no problem telling other people about it.

“You need confidence and I have always had it. I have started this season better than I have started any other season but I know there is a lot more to come and I know the people here know that as well. So I’m quite comfortable about how things are going to progress.”

Interviewing him can feel like talking to a champion boxer. Some people will construe it as arrogance but, in sport, it is not necessarily a bad thing to hear a footballer talk with such ambition and purpose.

Bendtner is 6ft 4in and he walks tall. It has been this way, he says, for as long as he can remember, and his will to succeed compares favourably with some other young players in the Premier League. It is not enough for him he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in England. He does not want to be regarded as a good player; he wants to be exceptional.

There have been times in his young career, though, when he has polarised support. On the one hand, he is known for blocking Cesc Fabregas’s goal-bound shot in the last minutes of a Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool. On the other, he is regarded as one of the great young hopes in Arsene Wenger’s team: tall, strong, skilful and quick. Heck, he even had the nerve to wear pink boots at one stage last season and any footballer who does that has to be a good one.

“People made a big fuss because it is meant to be a girl’s colour. They were outraged because they said it shouldn’t appear in sport. Well, we are all different. I have my own opinion about what is a man and what is not a man. Yes, every young girl wants pink clothes but sometimes you’ve got to bring something different to the table.” By his own admission it was his misfortune he was not in his best form during that period. “If I had scored a few goals in them, people would have reacted totally differently.”

This season, however, he probably feels he could get away with wearing polka dot after starting the season so impressively, including scoring the winner against Liverpool in the League Cup on Wednesday. He has also been in excellent form for the Denmark team, despite his complaints that the country’s media “shoot me down, just like everyone else does”.

Wenger has been using him in a new role, operating in an advanced position on the right side of midfield. “I look at it as a compliment,” Bendtner says. “If you have a player who is that good he can play a number of different positions, then it must be a good thing. I will always be a striker but sometimes you have to do a role for the team. Not everybody can do it but I can play this position because of the player I am.”

Do not be fooled, though, into thinking this boy from Copenhagen believes himself to be invincible. In late September he was driving to training on the southbound A1 when a car cut in front of him. “I swerved to try to avoid it and the next thing I know I was in a field,” he says. “I was very lucky. I got out of the car and the first thing I did was check my body was intact. I was so worried I stripped off all my clothes to make sure everything was as it should be.”

His Bentley was written off and he had to miss the next two matches because of his injuries. “I’ve still got pain in my shoulder, I had bruised knees and bruised ankles, but I also know it was a lucky escape. I could have been killed. Or my career could have been finished.”

Instead the masterplan remains intact. “People love to be right even when they are wrong, don’t they? They love to say ‘No, no, no’ when I tell them where I will end up. Then, when I make it, they will change it to ‘Oh, I always said that would happen’. Well, you wait and see. And the doubters can say what they want.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I'm not from london and haven't got much reason to hate them cept the fact my da who lived in london tells me to and its what arsenal fans should, I don't no that many spurs fans, but still nothing makes me happier then beating them!!!! A decade spurs!!! A decade!!

Vermalen is the best cb i have honestly seen us have since Adams. Van persie use to be unreal but inconsistent now he is consistent and reliable. I have no doubt in my mind that with the weakest Man united team in years, the worst liverpool team in years, the oldest chelsea team and the african nations cup, the same ****e spurs team and a team that will ineviatbly fall apart at city we have a great chance.

Now less of my ****e talk based on the fact i'm over the moon and to the pub ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Might do. Dont think im on a team yet

Premier League Record:
    Reading               4   4   0   0  11   2   9  12 3.00
    Watford               4   4   0   0   9   3   6  12 3.00
    Barnsley              2   2   0   0   7   0   7   6 3.00
    Wolves                2   2   0   0   6   1   5   6 3.00
    Wigan                 9   8   1   0  21   6  15  25 2.78
    Ipswich              10   8   2   0  23   4  19  26 2.60
    Fulham               17  13   2   2  34   9  25  41 2.41
    Man City             25  19   3   3  48  18  30  60 2.40
    Charlton             16  12   2   2  36  12  24  38 2.38
    West Brom             8   6   1   1  18   8  10  19 2.38
    Derby                14  10   3   1  27  11  16  33 2.36
    Leicester            16  10   5   1  38  13  25  35 2.19
    Birmingham           11   7   3   1  22   6  16  24 2.18
    Crystal Palace        8   5   2   1  16   5  11  17 2.13
    Everton              35  22   8   5  73  28  45  74 2.11
    Nottingham Forest    10   6   3   1  13   7   6  21 2.10
    Portsmouth           13   7   6   0  24   7  17  27 2.08
    Southampton          26  15   7   4  50  24  26  52 2.00
    Sunderland           16   9   5   2  30  11  19  32 2.00
    Oldham                4   2   2   0   4   1   3   8 2.00
    Swindon               2   1   1   0   5   1   4   4 2.00
    Middlesbrough        28  16   7   5  62  26  36  55 1.96
    Coventry             18  10   5   3  25  13  12  35 1.94
    Bolton               20  11   5   4  32  22  10  38 1.90
    West Ham             29  16   7   6  42  19  23  55 1.90
    Blackburn            31  17   7   7  57  28  29  58 1.87
    Villa                34  16  12   6  53  30  23  60 1.76
    Newcastle            32  16   8   8  46  27  19  56 1.75
    Bradford              4   2   1   1   6   3   3   7 1.75
    Chelsea              34  16  11   7  50  39  11  59 1.74
    Leeds                24  12   4   8  43  25  18  40 1.67
    Spurs                35  14  16   5  54  36  18  58 1.66
    Norwich               8   3   4   1  17   9   8  13 1.63
    MK Dons              16   7   4   5  30  16  14  25 1.56
    Sheffield Wednesday  16   7   4   5  21  16   5  25 1.56
    Sheffield United      6   2   3   1   9   4   5   9 1.50
    Stoke                 2   1   0   1   5   3   2   3 1.50
    Hull                  2   1   0   1   4   3   1   3 1.50
    Man United           35  10  11  14  34  45 -11  41 1.17
    Liverpool            34   9  11  14  36  48 -12  38 1.12
    QPR                   8   1   5   2   7   8  -1   8 1.00

This Season v Previous Seasons:
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    2009-2010:  10   7   1   2  32  13  19  22
    2008-2009:  10   6   2   2  22  10  12  20 ( 4th)
    2007-2008:  10   8   2   0  22   7  15  26 ( 3rd)
    2006-2007:  10   5   3   2  16   6  10  18 ( 4th)
    2005-2006:  10   5   2   3  13   7   6  17 ( 4th)
    2004-2005:  10   8   1   1  29  10  19  25 ( 2nd)
    2003-2004:  10   7   3   0  19   8  11  24 ( 1st)
    2002-2003:  10   7   2   1  25  11  14  23 ( 2nd)
    2001-2002:  10   5   4   1  22   9  13  19 ( 1st)
    2000-2001:  10   6   3   1  17  10   7  21 ( 2nd)
    1999-2000:  10   6   1   3  13   9   4  19 ( 2nd)
    1998-1999:  10   4   5   1  12   5   7  17 ( 2nd)
    1997-1998:  10   6   4   0  27  10  17  22 ( 1st)
    1996-1997:  10   6   3   1  19   8  11  21 ( 3rd)
    1995-1996:  10   6   3   1  15   5  10  21 ( 5th)
    1994-1995:  10   4   2   4  14  11   3  14 (12th)
    1993-1994:  10   6   2   2  12   6   6  20 ( 4th)
    1992-1993:  10   4   2   4  12  11   1  14 (10th)

Rolling Season:
    2009-2010:  38  21  11   6  78  40  38  74

Current Run:
    2009-2010:   6   5   1   0  19   5  14  16

Great goal by Fabregas and a very good result, could have been more too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Advertisement

I watched this game last night in a pub full of spurs fans, although there were a few arsenal fans present as well. Here the kick off was 1:45 at night so you can imagine that things were sloppy. Spurs fans giving it loads, waving flags going on about the 4-4 result (4-2 and you fcuked it up....), generally giving us guff for god knows what reason... for a while I thought there were going to be slaps, the bar man/bouncer had to have words with some on at least 3 occasions in the first 20 minutes of the game.. Pretty soon the bar divided into 2, one half for Arsenal fans, one for spurs fans. It was all good natured though, nobody had to be thrown out or anything.

Anyway first half lacked life until those 2 quick fire goals, Spurs fans pretty much threw in the towel at this stage. They didnt leave or anything but for some reason werent singing songs... My favourite rendition of the night was (Can you hear the spurs fans sing.... NOOOO, NOOO!) Good night overall but my head hurts now and my voice is gone.

It could have been alot more than 3-0. Eduardo been quiet this season and so has arshavin. Diaby should not be starting at all and cant wait to have nasri back. But cant complain about 3 goals against your biggest rivals and a clean sheet to boot. TBH Arsenal never needed to get out of second gear.

Dont think spurs will challenge at all for a top 4 spot, maybe a UEFA cup spot but they seem to brittle for a top four place. Man city are the favorites for this spot!

My Own match day experience!

Good result all round but the clean sheet was the big thing. Only sour note is our big dane is out for 4 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement