Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

While it would be great to beat Chelsea, i don't think us beating a very weakened side will lead to gaining confidence to win the league, if we beat a full strength Chelsea it could.

Also you will hear the Chelsea fans moaning saying we only beat their second team since they were missing so many key players. I know if we were missing Fab, Gallas, RVP, Sagna and Clichy and lost to them, there would be a lot of people on here saying 'what if'

But saying that i would prefer it to be us playing a weak Chelsea than any of the other top teams.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

While it would be great to beat Chelsea, i don't think us beating a very weakened side will lead to gaining confidence to win the league, if we beat a full strength Chelsea it could.

Also you will hear the Chelsea fans moaning saying we only beat their second team since they were missing so many key players. I know if we were missing Fab, Gallas, RVP, Sagna and Clichy and lost to them, there would be a lot of people on here saying 'what if'

But saying that i would prefer it to be us playing a weak Chelsea than any of the other top teams.

I get what you're saying about the confidence thing but the three points is bigger than anything else.

And, personally what the Chelsea fan's say is very irrelevant as long as we get said three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's all about the 3 points, who cares if they have a weakened team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Chesea have injuries? Screw them.
    Did they show us mercy in the FA Cup last season when we were missing loads of key players?
    Did they show us mercy when we fielded our youths in the Carling Cup Final?

In football you have to act like a hyena, strike when your opponent is weakened, laughing all the way to victory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm not saying we should show them mercy, I'm saying that us beating a weakened Chelsea side shouldn't mean we get carried away with ourselves, there is still a long way to go after that game.

but beating Chelsea and winning our game in hand = top of the lot.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just watching the Wales-Scotland game, Ramsey is destroying them so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Just watching the Wales-Scotland game, Ramsey is destroying them so far.

Fair play to him, he set up two goals and scored the third... although they are playing Scotland..... but, he is playing for Wales :p

He's starting to impress me alot this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RVP has been injured during the italy match

looks to be an ankle problem, it looks pretty bad

stretchered off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Headshot wrote: »
    RVP has been injured during the italy match

looks to be an ankle problem, it looks pretty bad

stretchered off

:mad: I hate International football

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :mad: I hate International football

like wise mate, very much like wise

• Advertisement

like wise mate, very much like wise

Doesn't sound good from what you say, would be a huge blow for Arsenal.

Doesn't sound good from what you say, would be a huge blow for Arsenal.

hopefully he'll be ok but his face told a story tbh, looks to be trouble
    I hope im wrong

Fucking hell. I'd love to see the stats for van Persie's injuries. The majority of them seem to come from playing for Holland.

Fucking hell. I'd love to see the stats for van Persie's injuries. The majority of them seem to come from playing for Holland.

I feel sick now :mad:

Who can play up front then? Eduardo, is that it? Bendtner injured, Walcott coming back from injury and I wouldn't fancy him in that role anyway, where's Vela these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He was injured for the CC Match vs Liverpool, but it was only a 10 day groin inury iirc - in any case I don't think Vela is up to being the focal point of the attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

of all the players we dont need injured its him :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haoGpaWMaww

Just hope Gallas gets through tonight and Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haoGpaWMaww

Just hope Gallas gets through tonight and Wednesday

He looks in alot of pain, not good looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Thats a bummer ! hope he is ok (isn't that a friendly?)

Thats a bummer ! hope he is ok (isn't that a friendly?)

yup which makes I worse in ways, really wish we had no international football :(

Probably Eduardo though the middle.

Eduardo hasn't looked particularly good this season. If Bendtner was fit I'd start him up front.

Eduardo hasn't looked particularly good this season. If Bendtner was fit I'd start him up front.

I thought Bendtner was out for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I read he's out for 2/3 months - ankle ligament damage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

AH FOR **** SAKE!

That's it. F*ck it, I've given up hope in the bollix. He can't keep himself fit for more than 3 months straight. Time to be shot of him tbh, we can't keep basing ourselves around him only to have himself get kreeled in an international match.

Dzeko in the transfer window please. :pac:

AH FOR **** SAKE!

That's it. F*ck it, I've given up hope in the bollix. He can't keep himself fit for more than 3 months straight. Time to be shot of him tbh, we can't keep basing ourselves around him only to have himself get kreeled in an international match.

Thats a bit reactionary tbh, he's been fantastic for us this season. As has been mentioned it's international duty that has him ****ed most of the time.

hope arsenal sue the dutch FA over this

cson wrote: »
    Thats a bit reactionary tbh, he's been fantastic for us this season. As has been mentioned it's international duty that has him ****ed most of the time.

Of course it's reactionary. It must be the 6th or 7th time he's gotten himself a long term injury from international football. I'm reacting to that!

• Advertisement

hope arsenal sue the dutch FA over this

Clubs should be componsated in some way.

What did Houlier say about International football being like taking a car and dumping it in a field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Stupid ****in friendly, typical just when he hits his best form for us he picks up an injury.

Now I know why Wenger hates November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I read he's out for 2/3 months - ankle ligament damage.

This link has him out for rest of season with a broken ankle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227939/Arsenal-fear-Robin-van-Persie-miss-rest-season-Holland-striker-suffers-horror-injury.html

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

For f**ks sake

dfbemt wrote: »
    This link has him out for rest of season with a broken ankle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227939/Arsenal-fear-Robin-van-Persie-miss-rest-season-Holland-striker-suffers-horror-injury.html

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

For f**ks sake

I dont even have to click that link tbh, its the dailymail......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

F*ck sake, I was just saying to a mate the other day that I was dreading the friendly matches as we're so unlucky with injuries! Hopefully its less bad than they are estimating.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Ah for fcuks sake. I knew that would happen. Lets hope its not as bad as it looked.

Souless wrote: »
    F*ck sake, I was just saying to a mate the other day that I was dreading the friendly matches as we're so unlucky with injuries! Hopefully its less bad than they are estimating.

And we still have Wednesday night to come, vital Gallas comes through the match ok.

Any other news from the other internationals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I hope RVP is ok. I really want Chelsea to have someone run them tight for the league.

Hope he's not out for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Please please please :)

Swap deal with Torres :)

Swap deal with Torres :)
    Throw in Arshavin and Fabregas and it's a deal :)

Clubs should be componsated in some way.

What did Houlier say about International football being like taking a car and dumping it in a field.

He thinks that what the national coaches are doing is like taking the car from his garage without even asking permission. They will then use the car for ten days and abandon it in a field without any petrol left in the tank. We then have to recover it, but it is broken down. Then a month later they will come to take your car again, and for good measure you're expected to be nice about it.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Throw in Arshavin and Fabregas and it's a deal :)

Mascherano and Reina and we'll shake on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Good chance for Eduardo to get a run of games together. Van Persie has been unlucky with injuries and that was no different. Eduardo scored twice for croatia last night and tbh our front 6 wouldn't look too bad as Cesc-Rosicky-Song-Walcott-Eduardo-Arshavin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Report from last night with quote confirming trip to hospital.
    Big blow to Arsenal as he has been in superb form.
    Arsenal's Robin van Persie 'tears ankle ligaments' in Holland friendly
    • Reports claim striker could face three months out
    • Injury sustained in 0-0 draw with Italy

Arsenal are facing a major setback after reports in Holland claimed striker Robin van Persie has sustained serious ankle ligament damage while on international duty.

Van Persie was taken off on a stretcher just 15 minutes into Holland's friendly 0-0 draw against Italy after being brought down by Giorgio Chiellini while chasing a through ball. The tackle left Van Persie writhing in pain, grasping his right ankle.

Coach Bert van Marwijk said after the game: "The first diagnosis is a bad ankle injury. We are waiting for X-rays in hospital. It's terrible for Robin and is not good for Holland or his club."

If the news is confirmed the injury could keep Van Persie, 26, sidelined for up to three months, and is a huge blow to Arsenal's title aspirations. So far this season he has scored seven league goals, helping them to second spot in the Premier League behind Chelsea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/14/arsenal-holland-robin-van-persie

On RVP, he has to be one of the best bargains ever? I think he cost no more than £2m, I remember the signing was agreed a few months before the transfer window opened at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Who can play up front then? Eduardo, is that it? Bendtner injured, Walcott coming back from injury and I wouldn't fancy him in that role anyway, where's Vela these days?

Eduardo is the only real option atm, Bendtner and Vela are both injured and Walcott's only on his way back.
    AH FOR **** SAKE!

Tbf he didn't really have any bad injuries last year.
    Very knee jerk of you.

It's absolutely devestating news, surely Holland could have played a couple of fringe players in a fcuking friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

What about Arshavin up front?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement