Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What about Arshavin up front?

Nigs, he's better on the wing or in the hole.

Eduardo is a more than capable replacement. And once he gets some game time he'll get his confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I sympathize with Arsenal. I know exactly how it feels when players get injured on international duty (Torres, Gerrard, Johnson etc).

Will be a massive blow to your season. Maybe play Arsharvin in the hole behind Eduardo ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Huge blow for Arsenal although Eduardo is the natural replacement if he can step it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Bendtner is injured aswell isn't he?

Eduardo is a great replacement but that apathy between Fabregas and RVP which is so clear will be lost, wonder will the goals come as easy now? I'm sure they will but it will sure be interesting.

I still hope you beat Chelsea next week, would make the league intriguing to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    On RVP, he has to be one of the best bargains ever? I think he cost no more than £2m, I remember the signing was agreed a few months before the transfer window opened at the time.

£2.75m, according to the link below.

188 games and 71 goals in the six seasons since he joined Arsenal.

Definately turned out to be a massive value signing.
    Hard to see anyone who comes close for that price.

The only downside/negative in his career is his injury blightedness.

Wonder how many different injuries he has picked up over the years?

Still only 26 though.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article396465.ece

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Time for Eduardo to shine methinks.

Walcott - Eduardo - Arshavin as a forward line is actually really good - It's just RVP's been on fire lately.

Still I have faith in this squad to cope with this.

When he returns, Bendtner will will have a greater impact up front in place of RVP than in the wide position he's been shifted out to recently.

COME ON YOU ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!

Smegball wrote: »
    Bendtner is injured aswell isn't he?

Eduardo is a great replacement but that apathy between Fabregas and RVP which is so clear will be lost, wonder will the goals come as easy now? I'm sure they will but it will sure be interesting.

I still hope you beat Chelsea next week, would make the league intriguing to say the least.

Telepathy perhaps?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Another meaningless international friendly, another injury to RvP :(

Guess it's time for Eduardo to step up. I'm sure Bendtner will also relish the chance at stepping in once he gets back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wonder how many different injuries he has picked up over the years?

Not sure how accurate it is, but he gets 20 mentions here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's shocking bad news.

The meaningless friendlies really need to be looked at very seriously because of trash like this.

• Advertisement

jasonorr wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate it is, but he gets 20 mentions here!

Shocking stuff altogether considering he's only 26.

Shocking stuff altogether considering he's only 26.

And the fact that that's only during his time at Arsenal!

And the fact that that's only during his time at Arsenal!

What was situation at Feynoord with injuries?
    Surely couldn't have been any way comparable.

What was situation at Feynoord with injuries?
    Surely couldn't have been any way comparable.

I don't think he had any trouble there, he was only there a few seasons and the coach but him in the reserves because of his attitude.

I don't think he had any trouble there, he was only there a few seasons and the coach but him in the reserves because of his attitude.

Checked Wikipedia and apparently played 71 games for them in 3 seasons even with the row with the manager and given his age at that stage is pretty decent going. No mention of injuries whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Dutch FA confirm the worst :( clickhttp://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5696595,00.html 2 months out at least it seems, so f**king annoyed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

2 months sounds great. I read on the BBC website earlier that he was out for the season. :(

Time for Eduardo and Vela to shine together. They work well together and are pals on and off the pitch.

Get better soon Rob. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

15,000 at the Stadio Olimpico last night for Italy vs Holland :(. What I would do to have been there last night. It holds 80,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Frisbee wrote: »
    Tbf he didn't really have any bad injuries last year.
    Very knee jerk of you.

I'm sorry, I was just basing my opinion on the previous 5 years of his career. He's injury prone, he's missed large parts of almost every season (bar last year) since he signed. I don't know about you, but RVP really fits my definition of 'unreliable.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

RVP is too good and too valuable to the team to get rid of just because of his injury history. However, if he was an average squad player he'd be gone by now.

• Advertisement

RVP is too good and too valuable to the team to get rid of just because of his injury history. However, if he was an average squad player he'd be gone by now.

It raises serious questions as to whether we can afford to build our team around him though.

It raises serious questions as to whether we can afford to build our team around him though.

I'm not so sure it is. His displays have been eye-catching, no doubt but with Fabregas and three attackers I think the core of the team and tactics will remain unchanged.

As long as either Eduardo or Bendtner step up and make a decent contribution, we'll still have enough to push on.

Guess we'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

AH FOR **** SAKE!

That's it. F*ck it, I've given up hope in the bollix. He can't keep himself fit for more than 3 months straight. Time to be shot of him tbh, we can't keep basing ourselves around him only to have himself get kreeled in an international match.

That post gave me a good laugh considering it has been a bad weekend for us.

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm not so sure it is. His displays have been eye-catching, no doubt but with Fabregas and three attackers I think the core of the team and tactics will remain unchanged.

I'm not sure if they will. RVP's the only one in the squad really comfortable with his back to goal. Eduardo is a poacher/finisher and doesn't have the same strength on the ball, and Bendtner doesn't have the passing ability really to bring the others into the game if he were playing that lone role on his own. Neither really are suitable as direct replacements imo. And it's too early for Vela.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're back playing 4-4-2 by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Time for international retirement methinks.

SSN saying it's ruptured ankle ligaments and he'll be out for up to 6 weeks. Will definitely take that if that's the case.

SSN saying it's ruptured ankle ligaments and he'll be out for up to 6 weeks. Will definitely take that if that's the case.

There's so many different theories being thrown about at the moment.

I imagine it will be Tuesday or Wednesday before we get an accurate prognosis.

There's so many different theories being thrown about at the moment.

I imagine it will be Tuesday or Wednesday before we get an accurate prognosis.

Comes from the man himself.

so if we're lucky he'll be back for the Christmas bonanza? not too bad I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hopefully he'll be back firing in goals again for the new year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

They said that about Rosicky too at the time :eek:

cson wrote: »
    They said that about Rosicky too at the time :eek:

Ha, I think the actual quote was something along the lines of 'it is a matter of days, not weeks'. If by days Wenger meant about 500 days, then he was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RedivideR

AH FOR **** SAKE!

That's it. F*ck it, I've given up hope in the bollix. He can't keep himself fit for more than 3 months straight. Time to be shot of him tbh, we can't keep basing ourselves around him only to have himself get kreeled in an international match.

tbh i didn't see the match but they did say that the injury came as a result of a bad tackle from chiellini, so i don't really know if it's fair to say 'he can't keep himself fit'. as we know (probably better than anybody) there is nothing you can do about bad tackles, and i certainly don't see it as cause to suddenly give up on one of our most important players (albeit when fit) over the last couple of seasons!

RedivideR wrote: »
    tbh i didn't see the match but they did say that the injury came as a result of a bad tackle from chiellini, so i don't really know if it's fair to say 'he can't keep himself fit'. as we know (probably better than anybody) there is nothing you can do about bad tackles, and i certainly don't see it as cause to suddenly give up on one of our most important players (albeit when fit) over the last couple of seasons!

Having seen the incident a few times it doesn't come from contact by Chiellini.

RVP goes over and tries to land on his feet almost and you can see the ankle over extend itself.

RedivideR wrote: »

it was actually a really really good tackle. Chiellini pokes the ball out from under RVP as RVP goes to shoot, RVP then kicks air, loses balance and sort of stumbles awkwardly on the ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RedivideR

it was actually a really really good tackle. Chiellini pokes the ball out from under RVP as RVP goes to shoot, RVP then kicks air, loses balance and sort of stumbles awkwardly on the ankle.

ah i see, apologies then.
    although i still certainly won't be giving up on him and i hope he makes a speedy recovery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Any see SSN interview with Dutch Journalist? He said RVP is going for experimental treatment in Serbia involving placenta cells and could be back in 3 weeks. :confused:

JPA wrote: »
    Any see SSN interview with Dutch Journalist? He said RVP is going for experimental treatment in Serbia involving placenta cells and could be back in 3 weeks. :confused:

Sounds like MilanLab is growing in popularity...

JPA wrote: »

Haha, class...he'll come back with a bionic leg or something...never be injured again and can kick the ball at 200km/h with no backlift :D

can kick the ball at 200km/h with no backlift :D

Sure he can do that already... :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure he can do that already... :pac:

Not quite, almost though!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I have this feeling that Cesc will get injured on against Sunderland.:( We're due a bit more bad luck.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    I have this feeling that Cesc will get injured on against Sunderland.:( We're due a bit more bad luck.

Hey, down with that sort of thing!!!

Nah, reckon that's enough bad luck for us right now.

Six weeks for RVP sounds amazing.

that's like

Sunderland - A
    Chelsea - H
    Stoke - H
    Liverpool - A
    Burnley - A
    Hull - H

Chelsea might well be missing Lampard, Boswinga, Cashley and Drogba so I guess we can't complain too much about that match.

Will Liverpool have sorted it out by then? Perhaps. If they haven't then we should be ale to get a result without RVP. If they have, then it's going to be really difficult either way.

The other games you could almost have suggested resting RVP for.

If it's only six weeks, then we could come out of it quite well.

*There are far too many 'if's and 'might's in this post but I'm trying to be positive.

gosplan wrote: »
    Nah, reckon that's enough bad luck for us right now.

Six weeks for RVP sounds amazing.

that's like

Sunderland - A
    Chelsea - H
    Stoke - H
    Liverpool - A
    Burnley - A
    Hull - H

Chelsea might well be missing Lampard, Boswinga, Cashley and Drogba so I guess we can't complain too much about that match.

Will Liverpool have sorted it out by then? Perhaps. If they haven't then we should be ale to get a result without RVP. If they have, then it's going to be really difficult either way.

The other games you could almost have suggested resting RVP for.

If it's only six weeks, then we could come out of it quite well.

*There are far too many 'if's and 'might's in this post but I'm trying to be positive.

I'd imagine he'll be missing for Villa at home too. I'd say if anything, he'll be back training around then.

I'm predicting RvP's injury will not be the major loss some are predicting. Yes it would be preferable to have him, but this season we have had more goalscorers than any Premiership team.

Galvasean wrote: »

Dailymail? We'll ignore that for a second.

Chelsea and United being in for him would make it very tough to get him, but I guess having a young Brazilian at the club already and our proven record with developing youngsters improve our chances of signing a 15 year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cson wrote: »
    He thinks that what the national coaches are doing is like taking the car from his garage without even asking permission. They will then use the car for ten days and abandon it in a field without any petrol left in the tank. We then have to recover it, but it is broken down. Then a month later they will come to take your car again, and for good measure you're expected to be nice about it.

The fact is though that the national coaches own the car (or their respective FAs anyway) and the club coaches only have the car on lease. A bit annoying that they come and drive it while you are paying for it but they have more legitimacy than Houllier suggests

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement