Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Papa Smut wrote: »
    As this is our thread, I'd love to know what Arsene thinks of the whole thing

I love thierry and always will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

sickened that it was Henry. He's forever tarnished his repuation. Greatest ever Arsenal player but now a dirty cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I love thierry and always will.

It takes a lot to destroy guy-love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I haven't even read the game thread and i won't before tomorrow. I'm drunk and heading to bed.

All I will say as an Arsenal supporter is that there is a bigger problem here than what Thierry did. If Robbie Keane had done the same for us there wouldn't be many complaints. Given fouled Anelka and it should have been a penalty to France. Its how the game is currently set up. IT WILL HAVE TO CHANGE AT SOME STAGE AS PRESSURE TO INTRODUCE TECHNOLOGY INCREASES!

What Henry did was ultimately wrong and its extremely hard to swallow. But will we continue to blame the instigators whilst Didier Drogba gets away with this sh*te every weekend or will we start to complain to the powers that be.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

vorbis wrote: »
    sickened that it was Henry. He's forever tarnished his repuation. Greatest ever Arsenal player but now a dirty cheat.

Really? Who in world football, apart from ourselves, cares about the Paddys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Paleface wrote: »
    I'm drunk and heading to bed.
    Given fouled Anelka and it should have been a penalty to France.

Watch it again in the moring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

FearDark wrote: »
    Watch it again in the moring.

If I'm wrong I'll accept that. Can't be bothered to check now. But the fact that we disagree is something that would not happen in any other sport. Soccer is unique in the fact that you can ultimately win in a split second regardless of how you perform for the duration of the competitive event. Therefore that split second should be analysed beyond reasonable doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

As this is our thread, I'd love to know what Arsene thinks of the whole thing

He didn't see it.

jasonorr wrote: »

Pretty certain this will be the new Maradonna thing

I dunno, we're not as big/important as England either!

• Advertisement

Henry admitted he handled the ball now, ugh :mad: just stop it man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

He's damned either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Henry has dissappointed me hugely tonight. Of all the players to do that **** :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He can hardly deny it tbh, and saying nothing would make him look like more of a weasel

I'm hoping he will come out tomorrow and expand on it, apologise, say it was instinctive, etc.

He comes across as a nice guy usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Difference between Maradona and Henry is Maradona was smart enough to score one of the greatest goals ever a few minutes after he cheated to make everyone at least partly forget his cheating.

I hope he comes out puts his hands in the air and admit he cheated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I hope he comes out puts his hands in the air and admit he cheated.

He already has

Frisbee wrote: »
    He already has
    He said he handled it, theres a difference.

I want blood :D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Difference between Maradona and Henry is Maradona was smart enough to score one of the greatest goals ever a few minutes after he cheated to make everyone at least partly forget his cheating.

Can't really say that though, it still knocked england out,and if he did it to Ireland you would not say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are you being sarcastic??

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic??

Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

to recover nay salvage any of the man love/respect/admiration I had for Thierry, I need him to talk directly to the Irish fans and players in an interview and humbly apologise.

for the handball, but more importantly for the way he celebrated it. :mad: he ran around like a headless chicken while he should have been embarrassed or at least sheepish.

my heart is being torn in two here. if it were ANYONE else ANYONE.....I could just happily hate them. but henry is like the love of your life who you discover cheated on you once when you used to be together....or something.

im just depressed now.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lets try to look on the bright side. Arsenal players have scored a lot in this international break.
    Gallas, Vermaelen, Ramsey, Fabregas and Eduardo all netted for their respective countries. Hopefully that's a good sign with RvP out.

In other news:
    Youth team to play either Crewe or Bradford in the FA Youth Cup. Anything but a stroll would be a shock.

So which Gunners can we expect to see at the World Cup?

Song - Cameroon
    Senderos & Djourou - Switzerland
    Fabregas - Spain
    van Persie - Holland
    Eboué - Ivory Coast
    Gallas, Sagna, Clichy & Diaby - France
    Walcott - England
    Vela - Mexico

henrykissdm2506468x536.jpg
    17 August 1977 - 18 November 2009

Galvasean wrote: »
    Gallas, Sagna, Clichy & Diaby - France

And maybe Nasri in the squad?

Bendtner - Denmark

No Arshavin though :(

• Advertisement

Very dramatic.

Bendtner - Denmark

Arshavin is injured???

EDIT: Ah, no goal is it?

Arshavin is injured???

Russia didn't qualify

Nasri is in with a shout I suppose if Wenger is to be listened to Gibbs might pop up for England!
    While sad to see a player of Arshavin's quality miss out, I was happy to see at least one of the unseeded teams got one over Fifa and their riggedcarefully planned playoffs.

edit: oops, forgot Bendtner for Denmark

Nasri is in with a shout I suppose if Wenger is to be listened to Gibbs might pop up for England!
    While sad to see a player of Arshavin's quality miss out, I was happy to see at least one of the unseeded teams got one over Fifa and their riggedcarefully planned playoffs.

You quoted before my ninja edit.

Bendtner will be at the world cup aswell

• Advertisement

Russia didn't qualify

Get you now!

Less chance of picking up a summer injury and will be fresher for the new season. Would like to see him there though!

So ealistically we are looking at up to 13 Gunners at the world Cup.

Now for unrealistically:

Almunia - England

So ealistically we are looking at up to 13 Gunners at the world Cup.

Now for unrealistically:

Almunia - England

Won't happen under Capello anyway!

Gibbs might make it for England.

Henri lansbury made his debut or the England U21s during the week. Anyone seen much of this lad? Is he any use?

Henri lansbury made his debut or the England U21s during the week. Anyone seen much of this lad? Is he any use?

Heard great things about him but, haven't seen to much of him to be honest!

Heard great things about him but, haven't seen to much of him to be honest!

Wonder if we ever will, we have so many good kids coming through but I fear we many won't be able to break into the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Please cut out posts like this given the night that is in it. Your point is well made sir, and can no doubt be discussed further when emotions are not running as high. Thank you.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Wonder if we ever will, we have so many good kids coming through but I fear we many won't be able to break into the first team.

There was a lot of hype about him before Wilshire. Being a midfielder, it'll be difficult but, who knows...We may have Ramsey, Lansbury, Wilshire as part of out starting 11 in the future!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Please cut out posts like this given the night that is in it. Your point is well made sir, and can no doubt be discussed further when emotions are not running as high. Thank you.

It wasn't posted to provoke a reaction.

Anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My dislike of le sulk (le cheat) increases 10 fold! DB10 classier than that, then again his ball control was majestic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Get the f**k outta here :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

efb wrote: »
    My dislike of le sulk (le cheat) increases 10 fold! DB10 classier than that, then again his ball control was majestic!
    Isn't 'le sulk' Anelka? And 'le cheat' is Henry?

There was a lot of hype about him before Wilshire. Being a midfielder, it'll be difficult but, who knows...We may have Ramsey, Lansbury, Wilshire as part of out starting 11 in the future!

Randall get's no love :(

Pop Walcott and Simpson up front and wenger can say, "There, everyone's British, happy?"

Randall get's no love :(

Pop Walcott and Simpson up front and wenger can say, "There, everyone's British, happy?"

Unfortunately, I don't think Randall will make it at Arsenal.

Unfortunately, I don't think Randall will make it at Arsenal.

I would tend to agree. While he is talented I feel he has fell too far down the pecking order to become a success at this club.

So, speaking of English men at Arsenal. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the English media moan about Wenger not supporting English talent.
    In the U21s set up we have Gibbs and now Lansbury.
    While in the full team there's Walcott, not to mention Cole, Upson, Beckham and Bentley (well, he has fallen out of favour recently) who have all benefited from training under Wenger.

I would tend to agree. While he is talented I feel he has fell too far down the pecking order to become a success at this club.

So, speaking of English men at Arsenal. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the English media moan about Wenger not supporting English talent.
    In the U21s set up we have Gibbs and now Lansbury.
    While in the full team there's Walcott, not to mention Cole, Upson, Beckham and Bentley (well, he has fallen out of favour recently) who have all benefited from training under Wenger.

It has taken a while but, I think he had work and effort transforming the area of youth development is finally starting to pay off and the additions of Walcott and Ramsey can do no harm either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

He'd have been real popular in france if that happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement